Why Pat Robertson was wrong about adultery

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why Pat Robertson was wrong about adultery

Post by zboy1 »

A good Christian and conservative response to Pat Robertson's advice to a women about a cheating husband:
Pat Robertson addressed the issue of infidelity on CBN.com, and told a viewer to stop obsessing about her husband's infidelity. Robertson also seemed to argue that men are powerless to resist sexual temptation. AlfonZo Rachel thinks that Robertson is wrong. Hear why on this ZoNation.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Pat Robertson tells it exactly right. A man's affair is not a marriage-ending event. It is absolutely not "adultery", in the Old or New Testaments, unless it is with another man's wife.

Women erroneously believe that men are like women, and that if they love their spouse, they will not want to stray. This is generally false.

Preachers like Alonzo, though striving as he is to be cool, are setting unrealistic expectations, and are thus undermining marriages.

A woman should not be judging her man, she should be serving him. If she needs help with HER sin of unforgiveness, that's fine - and Pat's advice nailed it. You can't confess someone else's sins.

Moreover, Alonzo is verbally messing with another man's woman. He is leading her astray. In my opinion his words tend toward adultery.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Pat is right. The Bible defined adultery as a married woman having sex with someone other that her husband. The Bible endorses p4p. The Bible doesn't care about sex with stray whore females, who were presumably deemed hoes. The Diversity's spiel is bullshit, as one might expect.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Jester wrote:Pat Robertson tells it exactly right. A man's affair is not a marriage-ending event. It is absolutely not "adultery", in the Old or New Testaments, unless it is with another man's wife.

Women erroneously believe that men are like women, and that if they love their spouse, they will not want to stray. This is generally false.

Preachers like Alonzo, though striving as he is to be cool, are setting unrealistic expectations, and are thus undermining marriages.

A woman should not be judging her man, she should be serving him. If she needs help with HER sin of unforgiveness, that's fine - and Pat's advice nailed it. You can't confess someone else's sins.

Moreover, Alonzo is verbally messing with another man's woman. He is leading her astray. In my opinion his words tend toward adultery.
Yeah, it seemed like Pat knew the truth, but knew he couldn't say it. I always dismissed him. Maybe I should listen to him some more.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Cornfed wrote: Yeah, it seemed like Pat knew the truth, but knew he couldn't say it. I always dismissed him. Maybe I should listen to him some more.
My thoughts exactly.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

One thing though, Pat asks whether the man is a "good provider". In an age when most resources are a free good provided by the system which owns just about everything, it doesn't make sense to judge a man on that basis.