Welcome to our new upgraded phpbb 3.2 forum! The upgrade is now complete. See announcement and new features here, or report any problems or issues here. Enjoy the new forum.



Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics


The Rise and Fall of Christian Culture

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2394
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

The Rise and Fall of Christian Culture

Post by fschmidt » August 10th, 2013, 8:22 am

http://www.mikraite.org/The-Rise-and-Fall-of-Christian-Culture-tp102.html

After months of trying to figure out what caused Christian culture to rise and fall, I think I finally have the answer. Anyone interested in this question can read my post and comment here.




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4437
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Post by Moretorque » August 10th, 2013, 3:05 pm

Christianity to me just means being a duped idiot.
Time to Hide!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4561
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Post by zboy1 » August 10th, 2013, 8:47 pm

The decline of Christian culture in the United States is one reason for its decline as a nation...God blessed the USA with bountiful natural resources, beautiful landscapes, and great strategic location in the world (isolated between two large oceans). But Americans have largely turned away from God and is now beginning to face the wrath of God and his judgement on the country...

Tsar
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2030
Joined: August 7th, 2012, 8:40 pm
Location: Somwhere, Maine

Post by Tsar » August 10th, 2013, 10:29 pm

zboy1 wrote:The decline of Christian culture in the United States is one reason for its decline as a nation...God blessed the USA with bountiful natural resources, beautiful landscapes, and great strategic location in the world (isolated between two large oceans). But Americans have largely turned away from God and is now beginning to face the wrath of God and his judgement on the country...


I agree. Every culture and civilization that turned away from morals and tradition has collapsed. America doesn't have a bright future.

Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
Posts: 491
Joined: June 3rd, 2013, 4:21 pm

Post by Mr.Darcy » August 11th, 2013, 12:11 am

And the most religious countries today are shitholes.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4437
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Post by Moretorque » August 11th, 2013, 12:53 am

Mr.Darcy wrote:And the most religious countries today are shitholes.


Not only that, what morals are they taking about. This country has been nothing but lawless since it's inception and the founding documents and their true meaning have been shredded since the beginning.
Last edited by Moretorque on August 11th, 2013, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4437
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Post by Moretorque » August 11th, 2013, 12:54 am

zboy1 wrote:The decline of Christian culture in the United States is one reason for its decline as a nation...God blessed the USA with bountiful natural resources, beautiful landscapes, and great strategic location in the world (isolated between two large oceans). But Americans have largely turned away from God and is now beginning to face the wrath of God and his judgement on the country...


Duped and programmed by the state.
Time to Hide!

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1421
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Post by MrPeabody » August 11th, 2013, 3:51 am

Christianity has had its ups and downs for 2000 years. I am skeptical that there isn't going to be another revival. They are pretty good at reinventing themselves. Also, the existential problems have not gone away and they are not addressed by atheism. Most of the other religions are even in worse states - Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism. Blaming Finney for the Modern world is over the top wacky. Like the European Intellectual Jews who set the intellectual framework for the 1960s had nothing to do with it. I do recommend reading Finney though - I studied him many years ago. He was a rationalist and believed people could use reason to accept Christianity.

fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2394
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Post by fschmidt » August 11th, 2013, 5:47 am

MrPeabody wrote:Blaming Finney for the Modern world is over the top wacky. Like the European Intellectual Jews who set the intellectual framework for the 1960s had nothing to do with it.

You really think the problems started in the 1960s? That's absurd. When women were given the vote in 1920, it was all over. And the 1920s were a pretty decadent decade. I explained why I blame Finney. Tell me what is wrong with my logic. And tell me where you think the problems started.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1421
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Post by MrPeabody » August 11th, 2013, 7:17 am

Women voting / Christian Temperance and the 1960s Communist Feminism of Betty Friedan are not related. There is no comparison between women who were fighting alcohol because it destroyed marriages and the 1960s Feminism whose aim is to destroy marriage. The one was trying to save marriage and the other to destroy it. Christian Temperance vs. Atheistic , Communist Feminism. The connection only exists in your mind. Before the 60s traditional society was working just fine. The 1960s leftism was a foreign element injected into society. Women were not hostile to men pre 1960s. You have an agenda to somehow link feminism to Christian culture and divert attention from the Jewish intellectual framework of 1960s leftism, including feminism.

fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2394
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Post by fschmidt » August 11th, 2013, 7:28 am

The Christian Temperance movement was the pecurser to modern feminism. How exactly did alcohol destroy marriages? I think the divorce rate was quite low back then. Women didn't like alcohol because they didn't want their husbands going out drinking with their buddies. It was just a typical move by women to control men.

Go to Google Images and google the following: "women 1900s", "women 1910s", and "women 1920s". Then tell me you don't see a problem in the 1920s.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1421
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Post by MrPeabody » August 11th, 2013, 8:02 am

fschmidt wrote:The Christian Temperance movement was the pecurser to modern feminism. How exactly did alcohol destroy marriages? I think the divorce rate was quite low back then. Women didn't like alcohol because they didn't want their husbands going out drinking with their buddies. It was just a typical move by women to control men.

Go to Google Images and google the following: "women 1900s", "women 1910s", and "women 1920s". Then tell me you don't see a problem in the 1920s.


Apparently, with all of your vast learning, you aren't aware of alcoholism or the effects it has on marriage. You can do your own independent research.


Women 1920s

Image




Women post 1960s after injection of 60s Feminism

Image

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Post by Ghost » August 11th, 2013, 3:48 pm

Christianity is finished, or at least the mainstream is. That's the story of religion though: simple, elegant truths that man corrupts. Christianity may very well be the best idea never tried.

Milton tried to justify the ways of God to man. That fails because most humans are irrational. Perhaps that is why religion on the surface appears to be about dogmas that are not to be questioned: most humans are too stupid to rationally understand why things must be a certain way. (Such as why one should not envy, or why girls should be virgins at marriage, or why men should not f**k the wives of other men.)

I would like to be part of a religion, but it is important to me that those involved must be rational and moral. If they are too stupid, then they can easily be corrupted. If they are moral already but not intelligent, that makes it easy for them to be corrupted.

Finding such like-minded men is really only possible on the internet. Actually getting together and doing something about it is another thing entirely.

fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2394
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Post by fschmidt » August 11th, 2013, 6:10 pm

Ghost wrote:Milton tried to justify the ways of God to man. That fails because most humans are irrational. Perhaps that is why religion on the surface appears to be about dogmas that are not to be questioned: most humans are too stupid to rationally understand why things must be a certain way. (Such as why one should not envy, or why girls should be virgins at marriage, or why men should not f**k the wives of other men.)

I would like to be part of a religion, but it is important to me that those involved must be rational and moral. If they are too stupid, then they can easily be corrupted. If they are moral already but not intelligent, that makes it easy for them to be corrupted.

Don't these 2 paragraphs contradict each other? I agree with the first one. Given that people, on average, aren't very bright, religion works like this: It is a group with rules. God is the head of the group, and being virtual, He cannot be corrupted. Those in the group who are corrupted leave or are forced to leave. The membership is defined by those who adhere to the values, rather than the values being defined by the changing fancies of the members. To keep things on track, a guidebook is used called The Bible.

Finding such like-minded men is really only possible on the internet.

How many have you found? Since I can't find enough to form even a small group, I will just settle for the real life group closest to my views, namely the Karaite Jews.

fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2394
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Post by fschmidt » August 11th, 2013, 6:18 pm

Women 1900s

Image

Women 1910s

Image

Women 1920s

Image

case closed

Post Reply

Return to “Religion and Spirituality”