The Sabbath

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Do you keep the Sabbath?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 7
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

fschmidt wrote:What kind of church was it? Modern Christianity is a truly awful religion.
Roman Catholic. Yeah, I know what you mean. How about those "Christian" churches that close on Christmas Day? How demented is that?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

I do believe in some traditions and I do follow many of "God's Laws". For instance, I do not murder, I follow the Golden Rule, I don't commit adultery or assist anyone else in doing it, etc.. I was raised very strict so much of this just comes naturally to me. However, taking a day of rest to worship seems very pointless to those of us who don't worship. I spend my Sabbath day hiking in nature these days...that's the extent of it.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

tre wrote:I do believe in some traditions and I do follow many of "God's Laws". For instance, I do not murder, I follow the Golden Rule, I don't commit adultery or assist anyone else in doing it, etc.. I was raised very strict so much of this just comes naturally to me. However, taking a day of rest to worship seems very pointless to those of us who don't worship. I spend my Sabbath day hiking in nature these days...that's the extent of it.
It's my Sabbath again, so I have time to write a reasonable response. It's here:

http://forum.keepthesabbath.org/The-Sab ... -tp11.html

If you actually spend your Sabbath hiking and don't corrupt it with other unholy activities, then you are in fact keeping the Sabbath.

Return to “Religion and Spirituality”