Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The Sabbath

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Do you keep the Sabbath?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes : 7

Postby Hero » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:06 pm

fschmidt wrote:What kind of church was it? Modern Christianity is a truly awful religion.

Roman Catholic. Yeah, I know what you mean. How about those "Christian" churches that close on Christmas Day? How demented is that?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby tre » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:35 am

I do believe in some traditions and I do follow many of "God's Laws". For instance, I do not murder, I follow the Golden Rule, I don't commit adultery or assist anyone else in doing it, etc.. I was raised very strict so much of this just comes naturally to me. However, taking a day of rest to worship seems very pointless to those of us who don't worship. I spend my Sabbath day hiking in nature these days...that's the extent of it.
tre
Junior Poster

Postby fschmidt » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:31 am

tre wrote:I do believe in some traditions and I do follow many of "God's Laws". For instance, I do not murder, I follow the Golden Rule, I don't commit adultery or assist anyone else in doing it, etc.. I was raised very strict so much of this just comes naturally to me. However, taking a day of rest to worship seems very pointless to those of us who don't worship. I spend my Sabbath day hiking in nature these days...that's the extent of it.

It's my Sabbath again, so I have time to write a reasonable response. It's here:

http://forum.keepthesabbath.org/The-Sab ... -tp11.html

If you actually spend your Sabbath hiking and don't corrupt it with other unholy activities, then you are in fact keeping the Sabbath.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality