Shall he make our sister like a harlot?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
drealm
Junior Poster

Shall he make our sister like a harlot?

Post by drealm »

I just read this passage and found it quite enjoyable.

This is a short story about the daughter of Jacob being taken by a prince and violated. It's not clear whether violation was rape or seduction. Dinah's father, Jacob, is then offered gifts from the prince to keep violating Jacob's daughter. Dinah's brothers in return kill the prince, every man in the town and steal their women.

I think this passage is summed up in "Shall he make our sister like a harlot?". Even when gifts were offered by the prince for Dinah including the town's daughters to date with Jacob's men, Jacob rejected this offer. In other words Dinah is not for sale no matter the price. But Dinah is really a metaphor for culture. Jacob's culture was violated and he was given a very good offer to sell out. He can become rich and also get permission for his men to date the town's women. However's he's not just selling his daughter to a well endowed suitor who acted without his permission, he's being forced to sell his whole culture. If he agrees to selling his daughter, his culture will be bred away by inter dating and become nothing.

So really the only option for Jacob to retain his culture was to kill all the men of this town. By killing the men of this town the women of the town submitted to Jacob's clan and there was no longer conflict.
1. Dinah, the daughter of Leah, whom she had borne to Jacob, went out to look about among the daughters of the land.

2. And Shechem the son of Hamor, the Hivvite, the prince of the land, saw her, and he took her, lay with her, and violated her.

3. And his soul cleaved to Dinah the daughter of Jacob; he loved the girl and spoke to the girl's heart.

4. And Shechem spoke to his father Hamor saying, "Take this girl for me as a wife."

5. Jacob had heard that he had defiled his daughter Dinah, but his sons were with his livestock in the field, and Jacob kept silent until they came [home].

6. And Hamor, the father of Shechem, went out to Jacob to speak with him.

7. And Jacob's sons had come from the field when they heard, and the men were grieved, and they burned fiercely, because he had committed a scandalous act in Israel, to lie with a daughter of Jacob, and such ought not to be done.

8. And Hamor spoke with them, saying, "My son Shechem his soul has a liking for your daughter. Please give her to him for a wife.

9. And intermarry with us; you shall give us your daughters, and you shall take our daughters for yourselves.

10. And you shall dwell with us, and the land shall be before you; remain, do business there and settle there."

11. And Shechem said to her father and to her brothers, "May I find favor in your eyes. Whatever you tell me I will give.

12. Impose upon me a large marriage settlement and gifts, and I will give as [much as] you ask of me, but give me the girl for a wife."

13. Thereupon, Jacob's sons answered Shechem and his father Hamor with cunning, and they spoke, because [after all] he had defiled their sister Dinah.

14. And they said to them, "We cannot do this thing, to give our sister to a man who has a foreskin, for that is a disgrace to us.

15. But with this, however, we will consent to you, if you will be like us, that every male will be circumcised.

16. Then we will give you our daughters, and we will take your daughters for ourselves, and we will dwell with you and become one people.

17. But if you do not listen to us to be circumcised, we will take our daughter and go."

18. Their words pleased Hamor and Shechem, the son of Hamor.

19. And the young man did not delay to do the thing because he desired Jacob's daughter, and he was the most honored in all his father's household.

20. And Hamor and his son Shechem came to the gate of their city, and they spoke to the people of their city, saying,

21. "These men are peaceful with us, and they will dwell in the land and do business there, and the land behold it is spacious enough for them. We will take their daughters for ourselves as wives, and we will give them our daughters.

22. However, [only] with this [condition] will the men consent to dwell with us, to become one people, by every male among us being circumcised, just as they are circumcised.

23. Then shall not their cattle, their property, and all their beasts be ours? But let us consent to them, and they will dwell with us."

24. And all those coming out of the gate of his city listened to Hamor and his son Shechem, and every male, all who went out of the gate of his city, became circumcised.

25. Now it came to pass on the third day, when they were in pain, that Jacob's two sons, Simeon and Levi, Dinah's brothers, each took his sword, and they came upon the city with confidence, and they slew every male.

26. And Hamor and his son Shechem they slew with the edge of the sword, and they took Dinah out of Shechem's house and left.

27. Jacob's sons came upon the slain and plundered the city that had defiled their sister.

28. Their flocks and their cattle and their donkeys, and whatever was in the city and whatever was in the field they took.

29. And all their wealth and all their infants and their wives they captured and plundered, and all that was in the house.

30. Thereupon, Jacob said to Simeon and to Levi, "You have troubled me, to discredit me among the inhabitants of the land, among the Canaanites and among the Perizzites, and I am few in number, and they will gather against me, and I and my household will be destroyed."

31. And they said, "Shall he make our sister like a harlot?"
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Shall he make our sister like a harlot?

Post by OutWest »

Goes to show...some people might take what you do with/to their daughter or
sister quite seriously...it is not all ancient history either....

Outwest
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

OutWest wrote:Goes to show...some people might take what you do with/to their daughter or
The difference is that in ancient times there was some rational basis for their actions. Men today might want to murder some ordinary guy who had sex with their daughter based on the daughter's later claimed regret about the sex due to it diminishing her slut-status among her friends, while at the same time these men are happy to let their daughter be DPed and gangbanged by methheads she met over the Interned before surrendering her to a life of corporate whoredom.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Incidentally, Jacob's mentality is exactly the one those of us who intend to restart functional societies after the current global madhouse collapses must adopt. We need every single one of our daughters to remain chaste before starting families with men of our (not their) choosing and spreading our superior culture and genetic material. Dysgenic scumbags defiling our daughters must be killed. Whether the daughters wanted to be defiled or not is obviously quite irrelevant.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Cornfed wrote:
OutWest wrote:Goes to show...some people might take what you do with/to their daughter or
The difference is that in ancient times there was some rational basis for their actions. Men today might want to murder some ordinary guy who had sex with their daughter based on the daughter's later claimed regret about the sex due to it diminishing her slut-status among her friends, while at the same time these men are happy to let their daughter be DPed and gangbanged by methheads she met over the Interned before surrendering her to a life of corporate whoredom.
Many American men would rather their daughter gets banged by a VD infested drug addict than
have to face up to a man that might shame him as the half-assed dad he really is.
Of course he will deny this to be true...it "just happened". The fact that he left his daughter out to
go "wilding" has nothing to do with it! LOL