Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Scoring Religions

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Scoring Religions

Postby fschmidt » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:28 am

How would you score religions that you know on a scale of -10 to +10? A negative score means that you would prefer being isolated to joining that religious community, and a positive score means that you would prefer joining that religious community to being isolated. Here are my scores from lowest to highest:

Reform Judaism -10
Modern Protestantism -8
Atheism -7
Islam -5
Catholicism -2
Orthodox Judaism +1
Odinism (pagan) +2
Orthodox Christianity +3
Karaite Judaism +5

Please post how you would score the religions that you know.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby Zero_Tolerance_Man » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:37 am

You sir sound like a member of the KKK. Another Jew hater. I don't give a sh!t if you hate Jews as long as I don't have to see it. Personally I think all organized religion is BS.
Zero_Tolerance_Man
Freshman Poster

Postby Cornfed » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:40 am

Zero_Tolerance_Man wrote:You sir sound like a member of the KKK. Another Jew hater. I don't give a sh!t if you hate Jews as long as I don't have to see it.

Erm, actually, the dude is a Jew. You have got the wrong end of the stick.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby fschmidt » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:44 am

Zero_Intelligence_Man, thank you for illustrating a correlation between opposition to organized religion and low intelligence.
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby HenryGeorge » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:24 am

Cornfed wrote:
Zero_Tolerance_Man wrote:You sir sound like a member of the KKK. Another Jew hater. I don't give a sh!t if you hate Jews as long as I don't have to see it.

Erm, actually, the dude is a Jew. You have got the wrong end of the stick.

Lol, he must've never seen fschmidt's posts to make that assertion.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Postby Mr_Truth » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:53 am

There is only one true religion -- Catholicism -- outside of which there is no salvation. All those religions listed above are false. Even the religion that people today call "Catholicism" is not Catholicism. It is the Vatican II sect. The true Catholic Church is only a remnant of its original self.

All those who choose to be members of false religions are condemned and barred from entering Heaven. There are no exceptions.
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:34 pm

FSchmidt, you didnt put Buddhism or Hinduism on the list.

Buddhism would get a positive score.

Mormonism would be a plus 10 if I wasn't a Christian.

I'm Catholic, more or less, but Catholicism is still only a 5, socially speaking.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby fschmidt » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Jester wrote:FSchmidt, you didnt put Buddhism or Hinduism on the list.

That is because I don't have enough personal experience with these to judge them.

Do you have enough personal experience with Mormonism to judge it? How did it produce a monster like Mitt Romney? Or is he just a freak exception?

I'm Catholic, more or less, but Catholicism is still only a 5, socially speaking.

Why do you prefer Catholicism to Orthodox Christianity?
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:23 pm

fschmidt wrote:

Do you have enough personal experience with Mormonism to judge it? How did it produce a monster like Mitt Romney? Or is he just a freak exception?

Why do you call Mitt Romney a monster? Is it because he never cheated on his wife and has been married to her since 1969? Or maybe it's because he is a successful businessman and everyone who has ever known him says he is extremely fair and ethical.

Maybe you hate him because he has done missionary work overseas for dozens of years and gives away millions of dollars to charity every year.

No rational, sane or intelligent person could ever call Mitt Romney a monster. The only people who don't like him are liberals, feminists and atheists.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Mr_Truth » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:31 pm

jamesbond wrote:
fschmidt wrote:

Why do you call Mitt Romney a monster? Is it because he never cheated on his wife and has been married to her since 1969? Or maybe it's because he is a successful businessman and everyone who has ever known him says he is extremely fair and ethical.

Maybe you hate him because he has done missionary work overseas for dozens of years and gives away millions of dollars to charity every year.

No rational, sane or intelligent person could ever call Mitt Romney a monster. The only people who don't like him are liberals, feminists and atheists.

And Jews. They generally as a whole have an irrational, pathological hatred of gentiles.
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

Postby fschmidt » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:33 pm

jamesbond wrote:Why do you call Mitt Romney a monster? Is it because he never cheated on his wife and has been married to her since 1969? Or maybe it's because he is a successful businessman and everyone who has ever known him says he is extremely fair and ethical.

jamesbond, I saw your other thread about the Puritans. I thought of responding, since it is all wrong, but I decided not to because someone so unfamiliar with the facts cannot be reasoned with. The only intelligent post in that thread was the one by OutWest. My feeling about Mitt Romney is much the same. The only reason someone wouldn't consider Mitt Romney to be a monster is lack of knowledge. (The same applies to Obama, of course.) So all I will say is do your own research.
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:34 pm

fschmidt wrote:My feeling about Mitt Romney is much the same. The only reason someone wouldn't consider Mitt Romney to be a monster is lack of knowledge. (The same applies to Obama, of course.) So all I will say is do your own research.

Why don't you all wise and knowing fschmidt give us your reasons for hating Mitt Romney? Is it because he is not Jewish like yourself?
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby fschmidt » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:37 pm

jamesbond wrote:Why don't you all wise and knowing fschmidt give us your reasons for hating Mitt Romney? Is it because he is not Jewish like yourself?

I think OutWest is also Jewish. So then I guess the Puritans must have been Jews because both OutWest and I like the Puritans.
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:38 pm

fschmidt wrote:
jamesbond wrote:Why don't you all wise and knowing fschmidt give us your reasons for hating Mitt Romney? Is it because he is not Jewish like yourself?

I think OutWest is also Jewish. So then I guess the Puritans must have been Jews because both OutWest and I like the Puritans.

You still have not answered my question as to why you hate Mitt Romeny. I guess you have no good reason to hate him, you only hate him because he is a Mormon.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby fschmidt » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:50 pm

jamesbond wrote:You still have not answered my question as to why you hate Mitt Romeny. I guess you have no good reason to hate him, you only hate him because he is a Mormon.

It looks like we discussed this before. Romney's business practices were highly unethical. (Actually I have nothing against unethical business practices by themselves, but when one then proclaims one's commitment to the society that one screwed over, then one is a disgusting hypocrite.)
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to Religion and Spirituality