New Age Bullshit Beliefs Debunked

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
amarie
Freshman Poster

Re: New Age Bullshit Beliefs Debunked

Post by amarie »

Schrödinger's cat wasn't thought up by the New Age. It was a thought experiment created by Physicist Erwin Schrödinger. It has a real scientific basis. The cat could both be alive and dead because of quantum superpostition.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

amarie wrote:Schrödinger's cat wasn't thought up by the New Age. It was a thought experiment created by Physicist Erwin Schrödinger. It has a real scientific basis. The cat could both be alive and dead because of quantum superpostition.
Yeah it's a quantum physics theory, but New Age books use it as an example that reality is not objective so you can create any reality you want with your thoughts. The problem here is that a lot of physics stuff is theoretical and only adds up on paper, but not in reality. The mathematics they use if very theoretical and complex, but doesn't necessarily work in reality or even exist in reality. For example, if you calculate 2 minus 3, you get negative 1. However, negative 1 (-1) doesn't exist in physical reality and has no concrete existence, since it's a negative number. It only exists in theory.

So Schrodinger's cat isn't both dead and alive in reality, only theory. How can you prove that the cat is both dead and alive, even in the quantum field? If you put a video camera in the box, the camera will record one of these two possibilities, whether there is any observer or not. Also, what works in the quantum world doesn't in the macro world cause the quantum world has different laws.

Likewise, quantum physicists say the existence of parallel universes can be proven with mathematical equations too. But they can demonstrate their existence in reality, only in theory.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

New age is White Man's attempt at being spiritual. :lol: :lol:

Its good for Winston as he has more spiritual knowledge and he get laid easily by New Age White Women :wink:

And top of that CIA infiltrated all New Age movement, subverted, diverted to be as much away from God as possible.

All a White Man can say is throw around some buzz Words like Quantum around and yeah "Consciousness" and he has few followers for sure. Indian's like Deepak Chopra milk white people further by fake spirituality.

White Race is so gullible when it comes to Spirituality and I admit, I scammed an American Women with my Indian Spirituality and got what I wanted :mrgreen: but It was against Dharma and I'm paying the price with Karma even today. :x :x
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

starchild5 wrote:New age is White Man's attempt at being spiritual. :lol: :lol:

Its good for Winston as he has more spiritual knowledge and he get laid easily by New Age White Women :wink:

And top of that CIA infiltrated all New Age movement, subverted, diverted to be as much away from God as possible.

All a White Man can say is throw around some buzz Words like Quantum around and yeah "Consciousness" and he has few followers for sure. Indian's like Deepak Chopra milk white people further by fake spirituality.

White Race is so gullible when it comes to Spirituality and I admit, I scammed an American Women with my Indian Spirituality and got what I wanted :mrgreen: but It was against Dharma and I'm paying the price with Karma even today. :x :x
Did you ever read the Bhagavad Gita?
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

I think the best thing, by far to come in the boat of new age stuff, is Tao. I read the Tao of Pooh, and was amazed and awed by it's simplicity. This is old age. It's been around for 2,500 years or so.

Tao is really simple, being. They compare it to Pooh Bear, because Pooh is very simple and he's always happy and not that smart, kind of clueless, but he always ends up okay, wherever he goes. And he is always happy. While all those around him stumble over themselves, like Wise Owl who (thinks he's smart - but he's miserable), hyper Tiger, Piglet, Eyore and rabbit. They all try very hard, but miss the mark.
P'u (uncarved block- The Essence) is easily fragile & destroyed by any interference or human interaction of any kind. Wu Wei is a way of being, 'as it is', a harmony in Life.

Tao really is the happiest way to be. But yet this is so easily destroyed and covered up by things, so many of us forget it, and lose it. But, if you remember it you can always come back. Small children are like this, naturally. Ever notice how things are so easy for small children?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ufLm4SO9L8
Can't get it to show up as a video.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

By the way, this is the exact opposite of how the world is run today. By Jews, We went the exact opposite way of the Tao. That's why the world is shit... so unhappy, and complicated and just chalk full of human SHIT! We need to devalue our shit, because it's literally - meaningless.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Starchild,
If you listen to Deepak Chopra, you will find that hes really wise. Hes not the typical new age fluff. He does know a lot about eastern spirituality and philosophy. Hes nowhere as bad as say, Wayne Dyer. He doesnt expect you to be positive 24/7 and he doesnt tell you to "love yourself" as if americans dont love themselves too much already with their narcissism and all.

Chopra also told a woman in his audience that poor countries like Cuba are happier than the US because they focus on developing social relationships with others, rather than on consumerism like in America. He says that good social relationships make one happier than having material consumer goods. He said this in a video called "the happiness prescription".

So you see, chopra does have some real wisdom and agrees with us in many ways. If you give him a chance, you will appreciate his wisdom and knowledge and respect him more.

What i dislike about him is that he tries to cater to new age women too much. For example he calls God a "She", which is what new age women and liberals like. And he wears red shoes now cause older women seem to like red shoes on men for some odd reason.

What do people in India think of Deepak Chopra?

I wonder why Chopra doesnt take advantage of his celebrity status with new age white women and try to seduce them? Lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote:Starchild,
If you listen to Deepak Chopra, you will find that hes really wise. Hes not the typical new age fluff. He does know a lot about eastern spirituality and philosophy. Hes nowhere as bad as say, Wayne Dyer. He doesnt expect you to be positive 24/7 and he doesnt tell you to "love yourself" as if americans dont love themselves too much already with their narcissism and all.

Chopra also told a woman in his audience that poor countries like Cuba are happier than the US because they focus on developing social relationships with others, rather than on consumerism like in America. He says that good social relationships make one happier than having material consumer goods. He said this in a video called "the happiness prescription".

So you see, chopra does have some real wisdom and agrees with us in many ways. If you give him a chance, you will appreciate his wisdom and knowledge and respect him more.

What i dislike about him is that he tries to cater to new age women too much. For example he calls God a "She", which is what new age women and liberals like. And he wears red shoes now cause older women seem to like red shoes on men for some odd reason.

What do people in India think of Deepak Chopra?

I wonder why Chopra doesn't take advantage of his celebrity status with new age white women and try to seduce them? Lol
You have to understand. India is quite high in spirituality already and people like Deepak Chopra would make sense to western audience but Indian's do not approve of him. He is not famous in India like he is in the west because he MOLDS Spirituality to fit the western culture.

I agree. He has got real hold of spirituality compared to anyone else in America BUT he is mostly diplomatic on some hardcore truth that which would really uplift America and shake it to the core.

aka....He is playing to the gallery....My reason for calling him fake was I believe people in HA are already quite open minded and high in spiritual matters...Hey, if you can dissect Jews...You are already half way there, otherwise for ordinary Americans..he is quite good.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

gnosis wrote:
starchild5 wrote:New age is White Man's attempt at being spiritual. :lol: :lol:

Did you ever read the Bhagavad Gita?
Yes. It deals with Karma However, you don't have anything to do with Karma, if you do your Dharma properly. Another scam pulled by the darkness. Karma is really nothing. It should not be even talked so much. It is only after effect of things if you do not do it properly.

I don't know how many Western folks have heard of Dharma but entire Indian spirituality is based on DHARMA ALONE....Karma is mere negative effect of not doing your Dharma.

Western Audience need to Google Dharma more than Karma.
amarie
Freshman Poster

Post by amarie »

Winston wrote:
amarie wrote:Schrödinger's cat wasn't thought up by the New Age. It was a thought experiment created by Physicist Erwin Schrödinger. It has a real scientific basis. The cat could both be alive and dead because of quantum superpostition.
Yeah it's a quantum physics theory, but New Age books use it as an example that reality is not objective so you can create any reality you want with your thoughts. The problem here is that a lot of physics stuff is theoretical and only adds up on paper, but not in reality. The mathematics they use if very theoretical and complex, but doesn't necessarily work in reality or even exist in reality. For example, if you calculate 2 minus 3, you get negative 1. However, negative 1 (-1) doesn't exist in physical reality and has no concrete existence, since it's a negative number. It only exists in theory.

So Schrodinger's cat isn't both dead and alive in reality, only theory. How can you prove that the cat is both dead and alive, even in the quantum field? If you put a video camera in the box, the camera will record one of these two possibilities, whether there is any observer or not. Also, what works in the quantum world doesn't in the macro world cause the quantum world has different laws.

Likewise, quantum physicists say the existence of parallel universes can be proven with mathematical equations too. But they can demonstrate their existence in reality, only in theory.
That's the good thing about science isn't it? If they don't know something 100%, at least they'll be honest and call it a theory haha. But as far as quantum physics and mechanics, I believe the whole theory of two laws of physics to be garbage. There is one law, for everything, we just haven't figured it out yet.

I do tend to like some of the New Age beliefs though. I don't believe that thought literally manifests reality though. I've known some New Agers that actually believe that when you dream you are literally making a new physical universe, or at the very least creating a part of it. That's garbage. But the ideas of universal consciousness, unity, god as a source of life (not a watcher and judger of it) , and reincarnation are essentially the best bet if there is one; but you don't a have to be a "New Ager" to believe those things.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

amarie wrote:
Winston wrote:

That's the good thing about science isn't it? If they don't know something 100%, at least they'll be honest and call it a theory haha. But as far as quantum physics and mechanics, I believe the whole theory of two laws of physics to be garbage. There is one law, for everything, we just haven't figured it out yet.

I do tend to like some of the New Age beliefs though. I don't believe that thought literally manifests reality though. I've known some New Agers that actually believe that when you dream you are literally making a new physical universe, or at the very least creating a part of it. That's garbage. But the ideas of universal consciousness, unity, god as a source of life (not a watcher and judger of it) , and reincarnation are essentially the best bet if there is one; but you don't a have to be a "New Ager" to believe those things.
But in science documentaries, the quantum physicists and astrophysicists are talking as if stuff like parallel universes and relativity have been proven and are now facts. They don't just say they are theories. Now they claim that our world is likely to be a computer simulation. Some even say it's a certainty.

There is also this thing called "the observer effect" where matter only exists if you observe it. It's based on the double slit experiment in which they found that quantum particles and photons behave differently when you don't observe them vs. when you observe them. From that, they get the idea that nothing exists unless there is an observer. But if that's so, then how come if you step on a banana peel and don't see the banana peel, you will still slip on it? lol. They never address simple stuff like that.

If something is so complicated that an average layman can't understand it, it's possible that it's deliberately done that way so the masses will just believe whatever they say. Same with the money system.

I agree. New Age does contain some great teachings, just like organized religion does. But it's mixed with BS and dangerous ideas that could lead to self-delusion if you take it too seriously or literally. Someone in another thread, Rock, gave us this great quote from an interview about how religion is not literal truth, it's more like a bunch of symbols that POINT to truth. Here is the quote:

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 76#p143976

"I don't believe in a religion, I believe in God. The only reason I call myself a Muslim is because the symbols and metaphors that Islam uses to talk about God are ones that make sense to me. It's not that Islam is more true than Christianity or Christianity is more true than Judaism. They are all equally true, equally valid ways of expressing what is absolutely inexpressible. If you believe there is something beyond the material world, something that is truly transcendent, then you need some kind of language to talk about it, to make sense of it. That's ALL that religion is. Anybody who says I believe in Christianity or I believe in Islam misses the point. Christianity and Islam are not things to believe, they are sign posts to God. They are a means to an end, not an end in of themselves.

You either believe there is something beyond the material world or you do not. If you do not, fine. If you do, then do you want to actually experience it, commune with it, or not? If you do not, fine. If you do, then you need some help, you need a way to express what is fundamentally undefinable. And that's all religion does, it gives you a language to express it. Anything more than that and you're missing the point of what religion really is. The great Christian mystic Meister Eckhart once said 'if you focus too narrowly on a single path to God, all you will ever find is the path.'"

amarie
Freshman Poster

Post by amarie »

Winston wrote:
amarie wrote:
Winston wrote:

But in science documentaries, the quantum physicists and astrophysicists are talking as if stuff like parallel universes and relativity have been proven and are now facts. They don't just say they are theories. Now they claim that our world is likely to be a computer simulation. Some even say it's a certainty.

There is also this thing called "the observer effect" where matter only exists if you observe it. It's based on the double slit experiment in which they found that quantum particles and photons behave differently when you don't observe them vs. when you observe them. From that, they get the idea that nothing exists unless there is an observer. But if that's so, then how come if you step on a banana peel and don't see the banana peel, you will still slip on it? lol. They never address simple stuff like that.

If something is so complicated that an average layman can't understand it, it's possible that it's deliberately done that way so the masses will just believe whatever they say. Same with the money system.

I agree. New Age does contain some great teachings, just like organized religion does. But it's mixed with BS and dangerous ideas that could lead to self-delusion if you take it too seriously or literally. Someone in another thread, Rock, gave us this great quote from an interview about how religion is not literal truth, it's more like a bunch of symbols that POINT to truth. Here is the quote:

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 76#p143976

"I don't believe in a religion, I believe in God. The only reason I call myself a Muslim is because the symbols and metaphors that Islam uses to talk about God are ones that make sense to me. It's not that Islam is more true than Christianity or Christianity is more true than Judaism. They are all equally true, equally valid ways of expressing what is absolutely inexpressible. If you believe there is something beyond the material world, something that is truly transcendent, then you need some kind of language to talk about it, to make sense of it. That's ALL that religion is. Anybody who says I believe in Christianity or I believe in Islam misses the point. Christianity and Islam are not things to believe, they are sign posts to God. They are a means to an end, not an end in of themselves.

You either believe there is something beyond the material world or you do not. If you do not, fine. If you do, then do you want to actually experience it, commune with it, or not? If you do not, fine. If you do, then you need some help, you need a way to express what is fundamentally undefinable. And that's all religion does, it gives you a language to express it. Anything more than that and you're missing the point of what religion really is. The great Christian mystic Meister Eckhart once said 'if you focus too narrowly on a single path to God, all you will ever find is the path.'"
That was probably the BEST explanation of religion I've seen yet. I agree totally. I'm going to save that one.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Not all spiritual teaches are gurus spew BS though. I found an exception. He is a popular Buddhist monk on YouTube whom I would like to recommend to you all. He gives good practical advice to help your problems, that is realistic and reasonable. His name is Ajahn Brahm, a popular Buddhist monk trained in Thailand Buddhism. My dad introduced me to his videos. I watched a lot of his lectures on YouTube and unlike delusional New Age gurus, he gives realistic solutions to solving your problems that make sense and are achievable. They often involve minimizing your life, and eliminating bad junk from both your home, lifestyle and mind. Plus he is a very likable guy and very humorous too. He makes people laugh while giving good sound advice that is nonjudgmental and without BS New Age claptrap. If you watch a few of his lectures, I'm sure you will like him too. See his videos at the links below.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... jahm+brahm

Ajahn Brahm's YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/BuddhistSocietyWA

He is also a best selling author on Amazon because he shares his wisdom and lessons in his books using many little stories and parables that we can all relate to, instead of pontificating abstract theories. His approach makes sense, because life is about a series of stories and events we go through. So people relate better to stories than to abstract theories. Here are his books on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Ajahn-Brahm/e/B001JSBNZI/

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a video rant I did long ago debunking the New Age Law of Attraction.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVQSOV5gKUo[/youtube]

jamski
Freshman Poster

Post by jamski »

These types of folks have a parallel with the Seth material - you create your own reality. I wonder how Dyer would feel if he was robbed or assaulted - were his thoughts the blame?

Positive-minded folks have bad things happen to them all of the time; negative-minded folks have good things happen to them all of the time, and vice versa. Objective reality is real, but for some reason many New Age folks can't seem to grasp this.

It's obvious what the motivation for these gurus and life coaches is, but what about those who fall for this nonsense? My guess is that many people don't want to believe that the same problems that plague others can happen to them. Perhaps it's a way of justifying one's good fortune while not feeling bad about the horrors those less fortunate face. This mindset is probably stress-reducing for them, at least until it all goes wrong for them.

These people should face sick children in hospitals, and their parents, and then explain their hypothesis to them. Empathy, something that's severely lacking in the New Age movement, makes the latter quite dangerous in my opinion.

"No light without darkness", another famous nonsensical quote, appears to suggest that perpetual suffering needs to exist in order for others to be more fortunate. What if everyone wanted to be on the side of the light? According to the New Age mantra, this could never be so since this would take away the necessary darkness that others would need so they could shine. I think there are more New Age contradictions than there are New Age quotes.