Spirituality is the only answer

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Spirituality is the only answer

Post by tamdrin12 »

I am coming to the conclusion that nothing in this world is really THAT good or worth putting a lot of time/money/stress/effort into achieving. First of all there is a saying the The Tibetan language which goes to the effect of something like this "It looks like gold if you can't have it, it looks like dirt once you get it". In my experience this is pretty true. If for some reason we can't get something we think there is something wrong with us and will go to all ends to try to get that thing. It's like our minds are playing some kind of trick on us which we keep on repeating time and time again hoping somehow it will be different this time.

When you analyze a situation closely you will realize that what you are striving after is largely a fantasy concocted by your over active imagination. The reality is that everything in life.. in reality,, turns out to not be what we thought it was. If you examine your experience closely you will come to see this truth and you will begin your quest on the development of higher pursuits whether they be spiritual or not.. still even intellectual or artistic pursuits can be of a higher order than the run of the mill materialism and searching for p***y.
rudder
Junior Poster

Re: Spirituality is the only answer

Post by rudder »

Good post.
I often wonder why guys are so obsessed with sleeping with different women in different places that they have to wear a condom for anyway.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Spirituality is the only answer

Post by Zambales »

tamdrin12 wrote:
September 25th, 2014, 6:35 am
I am coming to the conclusion that nothing in this world is really THAT good or worth putting a lot of time/money/stress/effort into achieving.
Maybe what you achieved didn't make you happy and content or perhaps you just don't appreciate things enough. This is very common with humans especially those who have had an easy life.