Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Winston is not suffering from Murphy Law BUT God Chastening

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Winston is not suffering from Murphy Law BUT God Chastening

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:23 am

Winston if you truly were born again by the grace of God through Jesus Christ as a Teenager then your walking away from his evidence of Chastening to discipline you so you find your way back to him. God does NOT CHASTEN people who are not saved he lets them fall on their own but he disciplines his own to get them back to the fold. God will keep punishing you unless you repent and come back to his fellowship. Im having the same issue at the moment.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm







Re: Winston is not suffering from Murphy Law BUT God Chasten

Postby Cornfed » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:54 am

I actually agree with this, although I am not sure the God spoken of is exactly the one of Paulean Christianity and what would constitute repentance. It is like Winston's point about learning karmic lessons.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4646
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Re: Winston is not suffering from Murphy Law BUT God Chasten

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:22 am

Although there is a strong argument that winston never was truly saved to begin with since he totally abandoned obedience and faith in God. I been struggling to find the theological answer on if someone totally disregards total and yearning for obedience were they truly saved to begin with. Maybe I should start praying for Winston since no one else probably will.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Winston is not suffering from Murphy Law BUT God Chasten

Postby Winston » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:10 pm

Cornfed wrote:I actually agree with this, although I am not sure the God spoken of is exactly the one of Paulean Christianity and what would constitute repentance. It is like Winston's point about learning karmic lessons.


I was thinking the same thing. The books I read about casting demons said that you will be cursed if you sin too much.

But it doesn't matter if God is of the Paulean Christianity or not. There's a strong likelihood that Jesus' teachings were vastly perverted by the Christian church and used by the Roman monarchy to institute control over the masses in Roman Catholicism.

But none of that matters, because if you make a binding oath to any deity, you will be held by it. Asking Jesus to save you and come into your heart may be akin to taking one of such oaths.

Regardless of theological or doctrinal debates, the Christian religion nevertheless does have real power behind it. There are countless stories of changed lives, answered prayers, miracles, etc. that can't be denied. Therefore, there must be something VERY REAL to it, not just placebo or psychology. And this is even if the religion has been perverted and isn't perfect.

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Although there is a strong argument that winston never was truly saved to begin with since he totally abandoned obedience and faith in God. I been struggling to find the theological answer on if someone totally disregards total and yearning for obedience were they truly saved to begin with. Maybe I should start praying for Winston since no one else probably will.


That's a copout. Tons of genuine Christians who believed in the Gospel fervently ended up deconverting. Christianity is not growing. It is losing more people than gaining. Saying that deconverted Christians weren't real Christians in the first place or weren't saved, is a copout. It's like Amway saying that failed distributors never followed the system, when they did. It's a typical "blame the victim" not the system type of mentality.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Winston is not suffering from Murphy Law BUT God Chasten

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:16 pm

Winston wrote:
Cornfed wrote:I actually agree with this, although I am not sure the God spoken of is exactly the one of Paulean Christianity and what would constitute repentance. It is like Winston's point about learning karmic lessons.


I was thinking the same thing. The books I read about casting demons said that you will be cursed if you sin too much.

But it doesn't matter if God is of the Paulean Christianity or not. There's a strong likelihood that Jesus' teachings were vastly perverted by the Christian church and used by the Roman monarchy to institute control over the masses in Roman Catholicism.

But none of that matters, because if you make a binding oath to any deity, you will be held by it. Asking Jesus to save you and come into your heart may be akin to taking one of such oaths.

Regardless of theological or doctrinal debates, the Christian religion nevertheless does have real power behind it. There are countless stories of changed lives, answered prayers, miracles, etc. that can't be denied. Therefore, there must be something VERY REAL to it, not just placebo or psychology. And this is even if the religion has been perverted and isn't perfect.

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Although there is a strong argument that winston never was truly saved to begin with since he totally abandoned obedience and faith in God. I been struggling to find the theological answer on if someone totally disregards total and yearning for obedience were they truly saved to begin with. Maybe I should start praying for Winston since no one else probably will.


That's a copout. Tons of genuine Christians who believed in the Gospel fervently ended up deconverting. Christianity is not growing. It is losing more people than gaining. Saying that deconverted Christians weren't real Christians in the first place or weren't saved, is a copout. It's like Amway saying that failed distributors never followed the system, when they did. It's a typical "blame the victim" not the system type of mentality.


Christianity is growing in some places. In Philippines and Cambodia and China true christianity is growing not fake catholic which never was to begin with. I didn't say that they weren't I said some believe that they were never saved to begin with. personally I believe in free grace and if someone is genuine they were from the start but only Jesus will know your heart so maybe some weren't genuine if they totally abandon it and never come back. There were instances in the bible where Christians went off and did horrible things but they eventually came back but if they had died in that instant you would never know and thought they had totally been backslidden but it was temporary. I can't find any example in the bible where someone went like 50 years backlsiding or something.
Im searching for the same answers myself cause I need to worry for myself too.


You might want to watch the full broadcast of mcgee he where he says generally you can tell who is who over time they will return to their home eventually. Especially starting around 9:45 and on


Im listening right now to Dr. Mcgee about false prophets and the pigs and prodigal sons going both directions. Hes got an archive of the entire bible.
http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/thru-the-bible-with-j-vernon-mcgee/custom-player/2-peter-221-22-101986.html
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Winston is not suffering from Murphy Law BUT God Chasten

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:33 am

Winston this message is for you. "you never were converted thats why you continue in your ungodliness".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=799d7Tl5uCM
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Winston is not suffering from Murphy Law BUT God Chasten

Postby Renata » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:07 am

I've dug into many religions, all rather complicated. Jesus Christ on the other hand made it easy to be Christian. Just be a basic Christian as he was by following the 10 commandments he left for us with moses.

I am the LORD thy God,
which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
:arrow: Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
:arrow: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image,

or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
:arrow:
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain;

for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

:arrow: Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

:arrow: Honour thy father and thy mother:
that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

:arrow: Thou shalt not kill. :idea: (I've always wondered if he meant for us to be vegetarian, animals need to be killed for meat) :?:

:arrow: Thou shalt not commit adultery.

:arrow: Thou shalt not steal.

:arrow: Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

:arrow: Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house,
thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife,

nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.
Exodus 20:1-17
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Winston is not suffering from Murphy Law BUT God Chasten

Postby Moretorque » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:55 pm

Renata wrote:I've dug into many religions, all rather complicated. Jesus Christ on the other hand made it easy to be Christian. Just be a basic Christian as he was by following the 10 commandments he left for us with moses.

I am the LORD thy God,
which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
:arrow: Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
:arrow: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image,

or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
:arrow:
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain;

for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

:arrow: Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

:arrow: Honour thy father and thy mother:
that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

:arrow: Thou shalt not kill. :idea: (I've always wondered if he meant for us to be vegetarian, animals need to be killed for meat) :?:

:arrow: Thou shalt not commit adultery.

:arrow: Thou shalt not steal.

:arrow: Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

:arrow: Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house,
thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife,

nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his a**, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.
Exodus 20:1-17


Hey I like this, the creator of the bible the " Holy Ghost " which is mother has spoken to set Mr. Wu straight about how to live his life.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4159
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL


Return to Religion and Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest