Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Jews Beat Christians

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Jews Beat Christians

Postby drealm » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:28 am

Today I went to an ultra orthodox Jewish synagogue. Since I am not Jewish I was anxious about going there. I had the impression that everyone would be racist and immediately throw me out. This was not the case. I received a much better welcoming here than I ever did at a Christian church. I have a lot of respect for how these ultra orthodox conduct their service.

First of all I was immediately greeted when I entered. I was not treated as a bulk convert. Every male in attendance shook my hand and said "Shabbos". Compare this with the last orthodox Christian church I went to where not a single person out of a congregation of 100 greeted me for two whole months. When I identified myself as a Noahide (non-Jew), I was not criticized. These people made a genuine effort to get to know me and make me feel more comfortable.

Since I don't speak Hebrew I did not understand anything said during the service. But even as a non-Hebrew speaker I sense that the readings were much more involved. In Christianity you typically have one official reading and the audience sits back and falls asleep. In my synagogue experience the audience actively participated. There was a portion of singing also where only the men sang in a uniform rhythm. The end result was a very brotherly melody. I should also mention that the women were separated by a wall.

Half way through the five hour reading we had a meal break. This is different than in Christianity where if you're lucky you'll eat some chips and crackers at the end in a break room. It's good to have a break in the middle because people need to stick around for the rest of the reading. Since they need to stick around this forces them to socialize. Also unlike Christianity the meal did involve drinking some liquor. They offered a variety of wine and vodka. They also made a home made soup called Cholent. The Rabbi told me that I was skinny so I need to eat. He said "it's a sin not to eat on Shabbat". My kind of guy.

I don't see how Christianity can offer a better community experience than Judaism. These people were very energized, highly disciplined and made a genuine effort to greet every new person. They also clearly separate themselves from the masses using uniforms.

My experience going to a Mosque several years ago was similar. Both ultra orthodox Judaism and Islam have the energy to fight modern culture and welcome new converts. Christianity in comparison is lethargic, cold, unwelcoming and lacks the discipline required to build a real brotherhood.

I encourage anyone who wants a strong alternative to modern culture to contact Chabbad Synagogues and ask if a Noahide can attend. I consider Judaism a better alternative than Islam because you can attend a Synagogue while not being a Jew. You cannot attend a Mosque long term without being a Muslim. I also felt that Arabic Muslims could be agitated much more easily, where as if you disagree with Jews it's seen as a friendly argument.

I contacted 16 Synagogues in my local area. Out of those 16, 8 said yes, 2 said no, 6 did not respond.
User avatar
drealm
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm







Re: Jews Beat Christisans

Postby fschmidt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Thanks drealm, great report.

Cornfed, it's your turn. Please attend an ultra-orthodox shabbat service and give us an honest report.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: Jews Beat Christisans

Postby Cornfed » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:02 am

fschmidt wrote:Cornfed, it's your turn. Please attend an ultra-orthodox shabbat service and give us an honest report.

There are none in this area.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Re: Jews Beat Christians

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:01 am

Maybe I should go to one to let them know their messiah died 2000 years ago and those fools need some sense knocked into them instead of living in their own self righteousness and past.

Your worldly interpretation of religious comparisons is silly. I look to God for the answers not comparing church buildings and socialization structures and methods. You are utterly ridiculous. By the way orthodox christianity or whatever you were going to is phony christianity not real christinaity. Sort of just like modern day judaism your attending is as phony as it was during the days of Jesus Crucifixion. what a lost soul you are.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Jews Beat Christians

Postby drealm » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:07 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Maybe I should go to one to let them know their messiah died 2000 years ago and those fools need some sense knocked into them instead of living in their own self righteousness and past.


Why don't you go next Saturday then? We'll see who gets what knocked into them first.
User avatar
drealm
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: Jews Beat Christians

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:14 pm

drealm wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Maybe I should go to one to let them know their messiah died 2000 years ago and those fools need some sense knocked into them instead of living in their own self righteousness and past.


Why don't you go next Saturday then? We'll see who gets what knocked into them first.


My faith is eternally secure the holy spirit makes sure I will continue to have faith in him no matter what I do. No apostasy will change my beliefs. I dont live near a jewish place. I really have no desire to go to such a place I KNOW they are an apostasy. Id probably get frustrated by their ignorance. I dont like confrontation its disrespectful. jesus filled the bible prophecy just fine.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Jews Beat Christians

Postby Moretorque » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:44 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
drealm wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Maybe I should go to one to let them know their messiah died 2000 years ago and those fools need some sense knocked into them instead of living in their own self righteousness and past.


Why don't you go next Saturday then? We'll see who gets what knocked into them first.


My faith is eternally secure the holy spirit makes sure I will continue to have faith in him no matter what I do. No apostasy will change my beliefs. I dont live near a jewish place. I really have no desire to go to such a place I KNOW they are an apostasy. Id probably get frustrated by their ignorance. I dont like confrontation its disrespectful. jesus filled the bible prophecy just fine.


The Holy Spirit of the bible is mother, this is why the people who claim to be of gods bloodline trace their linage through the mother. The bible is for simple minded fools and the money changers who use it to dupe said fools.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Jews Beat Christians

Postby fschmidt » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:57 pm

One other area where Jews beat Christians is in support for free speech. I am quickly banned from Christian forums but I am tolerated on Jewish forums. But for a real test, I posted the question "Should Holocaust denial and pro-Nazi views be legal?" All agreed this should be legal.

http://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2839
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: Jews Beat Christians

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:39 pm

fschmidt wrote:One other area where Jews beat Christians is in support for free speech. I am quickly banned from Christian forums but I am tolerated on Jewish forums. But for a real test, I posted the question "Should Holocaust denial and pro-Nazi views be legal?" All agreed this should be legal.

http://www.thehebrewcafe.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2839


Yes Jews believe in free speech cause they are liberal and heathen everyone knows that.

Where in the bible does free speech exists?


Jesus said take up your cross and deny themselves. Not spout out free speech in forums. Cain didn't do his sacrifice properly to God, God certainly didn't appreciate his "free speech" in the manner.
Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Jews Beat Christians

Postby fschmidt » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:40 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Yes Jews believe in free speech cause they are liberal and heathen everyone knows that.

No, most liberals hate free speech. I don't know about heathens.

Where in the bible does free speech exists?

In all of the Old Testament. Nowhere in the Old Testament is anyone ever punished for expressing ideas.

Jesus said take up your cross and deny themselves. Not spout out free speech in forums. Cain didn't do his sacrifice properly to God, God certainly didn't appreciate his "free speech" in the manner.

Cain was punished murder, not speech. I don't know the New Testament very well, but I don't remember Jesus being against free speech. And you are free to post to this forum thanks to our free speech policy.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: Jews Beat Christians

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:40 pm

fschmidt wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Yes Jews believe in free speech cause they are liberal and heathen everyone knows that.

No, most liberals hate free speech. I don't know about heathens.


I edited my post. Jews are heathens, thats why I said "and".


This whole thread is kind of silly topic though.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm


Return to Religion and Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests