Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prophecy

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by Ghost » June 20th, 2015, 6:22 pm

Moretorque wrote:
Yohan wrote:
Winston wrote: Christianity contains a lot of false mind control and doctrines that were developed for political purposes and social control. Christianity contains a lot of lies, it's not as true as you think.
I agree.

Religions like the Jewish faith, Christianity and Islam are all from the same area, somebody wrote something thousands of years ago, and another person added something, just as it fitted him and his purposes.

The only religion I know so far which is different is Buddhism, teaching a religion without 'God' with long and highly complicated scripts , but again humans turned into worshipers, praying to various deities and to the Buddha himself, who never claimed to be anything else but an ordinary human.

Simply said, all religions are the product out of the fantasy of various humans, who were living in various parts of this world under various circumstances.
Exactly and that is why our rulers are using the various religious narratives and twisting them to meet their goals.
Using this logic, I don't understand why have any fury against religion. The herd (as you like to put it) is extremely stupid, which seems to be the ultimate problem. That makes religion a weapon in the arsenal, sure, but it is only a tool. It can be as powerful as the most charismatic leader, as benevolent as the wisest man, or ugly as the most damnable ruler. I don't understand why religion gets so much heat when - especially by your line of logic - it's the stupidity of the herd that is the problem.

Same for guns, books, you name it.

To me this suggest prior bitterness towards religion instead of some justifiable righteous indignation towards religion.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by Adama » June 20th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Ghost wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
Yohan wrote:
Winston wrote: Christianity contains a lot of false mind control and doctrines that were developed for political purposes and social control. Christianity contains a lot of lies, it's not as true as you think.
I agree.

Religions like the Jewish faith, Christianity and Islam are all from the same area, somebody wrote something thousands of years ago, and another person added something, just as it fitted him and his purposes.

The only religion I know so far which is different is Buddhism, teaching a religion without 'God' with long and highly complicated scripts , but again humans turned into worshipers, praying to various deities and to the Buddha himself, who never claimed to be anything else but an ordinary human.

Simply said, all religions are the product out of the fantasy of various humans, who were living in various parts of this world under various circumstances.
Exactly and that is why our rulers are using the various religious narratives and twisting them to meet their goals.
Using this logic, I don't understand why have any fury against religion. The herd (as you like to put it) is extremely stupid, which seems to be the ultimate problem. That makes religion a weapon in the arsenal, sure, but it is only a tool. It can be as powerful as the most charismatic leader, as benevolent as the wisest man, or ugly as the most damnable ruler. I don't understand why religion gets so much heat when - especially by your line of logic - it's the stupidity of the herd that is the problem.

Same for guns, books, you name it.

To me this suggest prior bitterness towards religion instead of some justifiable righteous indignation towards religion.
They don't want to believe God exists, cause it means they aren't in control, and there are rules they'd have to follow.

People blame religion for all kinds of things. I think responsibility is with the individual, not the religion.

It is the same with anything, like Patriotism. Patriotism can be productive. Or it can be used to send our boys to the slaughter for rich bankers.

The problem isnt religion. The problem is that people do not think for themselves.

People who believe that all religions are manmade have fallen for similar lies to the ones they believe the religions fanatics are captive of. There are popular lies, that if repeated often enough, people will believe them, especially if someone they respect is the one making the statements.

Really we should all have at least an elementary understanding of propaganda and manipulation. "Religion" can certainly be used in a way similar to propaganda, but really there is only one true religion and its only intention is to save our souls from certain destruction in hell.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8308
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by jamesbond » June 20th, 2015, 10:26 pm

Ghost wrote:To me this suggest prior bitterness towards religion instead of some justifiable righteous indignation towards religion.
Your right Ghost, some people have a prior bitterness towards religion for no good reason. Liberals hate all religion and they tend to be atheists. They see religion as evil instead of judging people individually. They assume if your a religious person you are somehow "inferior" because you have faith in something outside of yourself.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2332
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 5th, 2017, 6:03 pm

Hitchens and Fry MURDER the bible and the 10 commandments here:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcZ8_4dv4hQ[/youtube]

Anyone who holds onto religious (especially Christian) dogma after viewing this is certifiably a half-wit!

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1457
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by MrPeabody » November 5th, 2017, 6:31 pm

Steven Weinberg, the Nobel prize winner in physics, said that religion is like the crazy old aunt in the basement. Everyone knows they will be better off when she dies. I also like the quote from Steven Hawking when asked about religion vs. science: "Science will win because it works".
Last edited by MrPeabody on November 5th, 2017, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by Adama » November 5th, 2017, 6:41 pm

Hitchens couldn't even sit there. His mouth was just filled with insults.

It sounds like they just hate the 10 commandments. Well a person isn't saved by the commandments, and neither is a person a Christian because he does the commandment. The thing that saves a person is their faith in Christ.

However it is clear that these people just want to break the law and that's why they hate Christianity, because God says no to their sin.


I especially love the feigned love and concern for children. As if it is wrong to teach children religion simply because he hates the ten commandments and God.

These people are directly in opposition to God and the gospel. They want to prevent other people from entering into eternal life, because they love sin (and therefore death) more than they love the truth (and life). They condemn the way of truth as hate speech, because it tells them what their fate will be plainly.

They're too addicted to their sin and their vainglory to entertain reality for one moment. So they just want to blot out all knowledge of God and make a Christ-free world, because they don't want to be reminded that God exists, because they are greedy and lust after things which God has said are off-limits.

And it's not just that they lust for evil things, it's also that they're completely greedy for it and cling to evil as if it were life itself, and their egos are their gods. They believe they can do whatever they want. This is the problem. They will not humble themselves.

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2332
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 5th, 2017, 7:09 pm

Adama wrote:Hitchens couldn't even sit there. His mouth was just filled with insults.
Why would he sit there when the "lady" could not even muster a proper argument? It was a waste of his time. He is smarter than a lot of us in that we actually engage with the stupidity.
Adama wrote: It sounds like they just hate the 10 commandments. Well a person isn't saved by the commandments, and neither is a person a Christian because he does the commandment. The thing that saves a person is their faith in Christ.
You were not paying attention. They were condemning the Bible and Christianity also, to include your magical fantasy surrounding the "saving" process.
Adama wrote: However it is clear that these people just want to break the law and that's why they hate Christianity, because God says no to their sin.
Actually, it is Christian fanatics who want to just break the law and have the bible and "god" justify their actions.
Adama wrote: I especially love the feigned love and concern for children. As if it is wrong to teach children religion simply because he hates the ten commandments and God.
Christians and religious fanatics terrorize and brainwash children. So when someone shows genuine care for the welfare of children, it seems feigned or inauthentic to you..
Adama wrote: These people are directly in opposition to God and the gospel. They want to prevent other people from entering into eternal life, because they love sin (and therefore death) more than they love the truth (and life). They condemn the way of truth as hate speech, because it tells them what their fate will be plainly.
You got this one partially correct. The Christian god is pure evil masquerading as righteous. When people point out that truth, fanatics like yourself try to turn the tables and accuse them of hate speech. Christian speech is hate speech!
Adama wrote: They're too addicted to their sin and their vainglory to entertain reality for one moment. So they just want to blot out all knowledge of God and make a Christ-free world, because they don't want to be reminded that God exists, because they are greedy and lust after things which God has said are off-limits.
Are you kidding? Did you just accuse them of vainglory addiction? Your every post is just that!
Adama wrote: And it's not just that they lust for evil things, it's also that they're completely greedy for it and cling to evil as if it were life itself, and their egos are their gods. They believe they can do whatever they want. This is the problem. They will not humble themselves.
Kind of like how you are greedy for commandeered souls so you proselytize and harass people to get what you want in the name of religion. It is you who needs to humble himself!

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by Adama » November 5th, 2017, 7:57 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Adama wrote:Hitchens couldn't even sit there. His mouth was just filled with insults.
Why would he sit there when the "lady" could not even muster a proper argument? It was a waste of his time. He is smarter than a lot of us in that we actually engage with the stupidity.
Adama wrote: It sounds like they just hate the 10 commandments. Well a person isn't saved by the commandments, and neither is a person a Christian because he does the commandment. The thing that saves a person is their faith in Christ.
You were not paying attention. They were condemning the Bible and Christianity also, to include your magical fantasy surrounding the "saving" process.
Adama wrote: However it is clear that these people just want to break the law and that's why they hate Christianity, because God says no to their sin.
Actually, it is Christian fanatics who want to just break the law and have the bible and "god" justify their actions.
Adama wrote: I especially love the feigned love and concern for children. As if it is wrong to teach children religion simply because he hates the ten commandments and God.
Christians and religious fanatics terrorize and brainwash children. So when someone shows genuine care for the welfare of children, it seems feigned or inauthentic to you..
Adama wrote: These people are directly in opposition to God and the gospel. They want to prevent other people from entering into eternal life, because they love sin (and therefore death) more than they love the truth (and life). They condemn the way of truth as hate speech, because it tells them what their fate will be plainly.
You got this one partially correct. The Christian god is pure evil masquerading as righteous. When people point out that truth, fanatics like yourself try to turn the tables and accuse them of hate speech. Christian speech is hate speech!
Adama wrote: They're too addicted to their sin and their vainglory to entertain reality for one moment. So they just want to blot out all knowledge of God and make a Christ-free world, because they don't want to be reminded that God exists, because they are greedy and lust after things which God has said are off-limits.
Are you kidding? Did you just accuse them of vainglory addiction? Your every post is just that!
Adama wrote: And it's not just that they lust for evil things, it's also that they're completely greedy for it and cling to evil as if it were life itself, and their egos are their gods. They believe they can do whatever they want. This is the problem. They will not humble themselves.
Kind of like how you are greedy for commandeered souls so you proselytize and harass people to get what you want in the name of religion. It is you who needs to humble himself!
Hi, Conex. People like me were sent to preach to unbelievers so that they go to heaven and not to hell (and all a person must do to be saved is believe and trust completely in Christ for their salvation). We are the people who would rather make sure the others enter into life for eternity, rather than everlasting punishment.

People like Christopher Hitchens are directly opposed to the spreading of the gospel. They openly hate God. It isn't even atheism. It's pure hatred.

And anyone opposed to God is also opposed to all virtue, such as love, peace, mercy, truth, righteousness and life. These people do not love. They hate. The only love they have is for evil.

Those who oppose the gospel also oppose life, both their own and the life of others who they would prevent from hearing it.

And you're right in that I must always humble myself, but not in the way which you state.

Who is it that you were working for, by the way, when you posted this video which mocks the way of truth and the gospel? You work for a god, and I work for God.

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2332
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 5th, 2017, 8:39 pm

Adama wrote: Hi, Conex. People like me were sent to preach to unbelievers so that they go to heaven and not to hell (and all a person must do to be saved is believe and trust completely in Christ for their salvation). We are the people who would rather make sure the others enter into life for eternity, rather than everlasting punishment.
You were not sent by anyone! You have taken it upon yourself to "preach" this filth so as to scare weak-minded people into the brainwashed state under which you labor.
Adama wrote: People like Christopher Hitchens are directly opposed to the spreading of the gospel. They openly hate God. It isn't even atheism. It's pure hatred.
Hitchens was an atheist, so he cannot hate anything in which he does not believe. Hatred is your term to demonize him for proving your way of thinking false. It is YOU who hates the truth that Hitchens spoke about.
Adama wrote: And anyone opposed to God is also opposed to all virtue, such as love, peace, mercy, truth, righteousness and life. These people do not love. They hate. The only love they have is for evil.
That last Christian I heard say those words was Jim Jones who committed mass homicide in Guyana some years ago. You sound just as nutty when you say these things.
Adama wrote: Those who oppose the gospel also oppose life, both their own and the life of others who they would prevent from hearing it.
And where is your proof of this assertion? Simply because you and your preacher said so? Please stop with this nonsense!
Adama wrote: And you're right in that I must always humble myself, but not in the way which you state.
Religiously brainwashed people like yourself have not a humble bone in their bodies. The brainwashing is so complete that arrogance and certainty about the falsehoods are readily apparent.
Adama wrote: Who is it that you were working for, by the way, when you posted this video which mocks the way of truth and the gospel? You work for a god, and I work for God.
I work for the benefit of people who have difficulty shaking the religious brainwashing that people like you cause. People thank me all the time for enabling them to see religion for what it is truly worth, a damaging ploy for mass mind control.

Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster
Posts: 203
Joined: April 16th, 2017, 2:14 am
Location: A place where I improve each and every day.

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by Man With a Plan » November 5th, 2017, 9:05 pm

Hey Adumba, wasn't Coontrarian calling you wise and shit when he was sucking your cock in the other thread? Interesting 180, is it not?
The Grey Menace.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1457
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by MrPeabody » November 5th, 2017, 9:51 pm

The biggest bullshit lie of Christianity is that they brought morality to the West. The ancient Greeks were far more moral than Christians. Democritus, Epicurus, and Aristotle all developed higher ethical systems. Socrates was more moral than Jesus.

In ancient Greece, Hippocrates knew that epilepsy had natural causes, and people who were mentally ill were prescribed music therapy and treated with compassion. In Europe, after 1000 years of Christianity, the mentally ill were thrown into asylums and rich people paid money to visit so they could laugh at them.

Democritus was against slavery and Epicurus said everyone is equal. Southern Christians were still justifying slavery as mandated by the Bible as late as the 1960s. Monotheism was not an advance in civilization. It was going backwards and created centuries of violence.

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2332
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 5th, 2017, 11:30 pm

MrPeabody wrote:The biggest bullshit lie of Christianity is that they brought morality to the West. The ancient Greeks were far more moral than Christians. Democritus, Epicurus, and Aristotle all developed higher ethical systems. Socrates was more moral than Jesus.

In ancient Greece, Hippocrates knew that epilepsy had natural causes, and people who were mentally ill were prescribed music therapy and treated with compassion. In Europe, after 1000 years of Christianity, the mentally ill were thrown into asylums and rich people paid money to visit so they could laugh at them.

Democritus was against slavery and Epicurus said everyone is equal. Southern Christians were still justifying slavery as mandated by the Bible as late as the 1960s. Monotheism was not an advance in civilization. It was going backwards and created centuries of violence.
I also blame Christianity for pushing for the social equalization of men and women, all while hypocritically maintaining theological inequality between men and women.

Our current gynocentric state is a direct result of Christianity's fumbling the resolution of that question.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6298
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by Cornfed » November 5th, 2017, 11:45 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I also blame Christianity for pushing for the social equalization of men and women, all while hypocritically maintaining theological inequality between men and women.

Our current gynocentric state is a direct result of Christianity's fumbling the resolution of that question.
That’s perhaps not so much a Christian thing as the logical result of a religion in decline. Prosperity causes declining religiosity, so churches pander to females and other low agency populations who are prone to religiosity due to lacking any rational capacity to evaluate the world. It is just like why the Catholic Church is importing so many third world primitives into America. It is not that their religion requires it. It is that it is the easy option to prop up their failing organization.

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2332
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 6th, 2017, 12:03 am

Cornfed wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I also blame Christianity for pushing for the social equalization of men and women, all while hypocritically maintaining theological inequality between men and women.

Our current gynocentric state is a direct result of Christianity's fumbling the resolution of that question.
That’s perhaps not so much a Christian thing as the logical result of a religion in decline. Prosperity causes declining religiosity, so churches pander to females and other low agency populations who are prone to religiosity due to lacking any rational capacity to evaluate the world. It is just like why the Catholic Church is importing so many third world primitives into America. It is not that their religion requires it. It is that it is the easy option to prop up their failing organization.
The first wave of feminism in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries included an increased interest in the place of women in religion. Women who were campaigning for their rights began to question their inferiority both within the church and in other spheres justified by church teachings.[14] Some Christian feminists of this period were Marie Maugeret, Katharine Bushnell, Catherine Booth, Frances Willard, and Elizabeth Cady Stanton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_feminism

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6298
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Why are Christians so stupid? False History, Failed Prop

Post by Cornfed » November 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:The first wave of feminism in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries included an increased interest in the place of women in religion. Women who were campaigning for their rights began to question their inferiority both within the church and in other spheres justified by church teachings.[14] Some Christian feminists of this period were Marie Maugeret, Katharine Bushnell, Catherine Booth, Frances Willard, and Elizabeth Cady Stanton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_feminism
Right. Of course females and other childlike populations have always been whining about being treated as the inferior beings that they are. The difference here was that they encountered no resistance from men who know better but needed to kowtow to female churchgoers who would in turn drag their families along in order to prop up their flagging attendance.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Religion and Spirituality”