The Benedict Option

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Benedict Option

Post by Moretorque »

Ghost wrote:Franklin, what's going to be your group's solution for moving there and getting jobs? Or does everyone in the group have that figured out already?
Your job will be to spook the Christer's and keep them in line.
Time to Hide!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Moretorque wrote:
Adama wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
HouseMD wrote:How many of your members are female?
I am only counting men who will form families, so there will eventually be 4 families.

It is a nice idea, but I don't think I could sign up to be with other people. What happens when someone agrees at the moment, but a few months later, they decided they aren't going to keep up with the rules anymore? .
What do you mean what's going to happen ? there's gonna be a witch burning and you gonna lite the match. :P

You could have independence day everyday.

You can start with anybody who thinks the world is a sphere. :roll:
Hey, have I ever come after anyone on this forum for disagreeing with me on anything? You think I'd be upset because one of you doesnt agree with my opinion? I dont really care what anyone believes. That is up to them. I have no control over that. If I like to discuss conspiracy theories on a conspiracy theory subforum where those thoughts belong, why does it bother those individuals who do not believe in that theory? I am not trying to ram it down your throat. I dont even care what you think. Just I want you to know that just because you think the earth is a certain way and I think differently, it isnt going to change anything for me because your thoughts on the matter don't matter that much to me. Apparently not as much as my thoughts on the matter matter to you.

These are just ideas. Do you think the ancient Greeks were ridiculing everyone with their wisdom? Or maybe they were listening and either pondering or dismissing the subject. Hey, maybe some observation and experimentation would take place. Or do you think that these wise men resorted to ridicule of those men who had other ideas?

If they chose ridicule, do you think they continued with ridicule in a high school type fashion, in which they brought it up at random moments where they weren't relevant to the issue at hand?

Or is this just some strange attempt at humor. I don't find your attempt at humor to be funny at all. But the humor is more for you. It isnt for me, except to ridicule me, and that also is more about you than me, cause it doesnt bother me. It just lets me know that posing a different opinion than the one you believe in will make you start mocking those you disagree with.

And that is fine with me if you want to act that way.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Adama wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
Adama wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
HouseMD wrote:How many of your members are female?
I am only counting men who will form families, so there will eventually be 4 families.

It is a nice idea, but I don't think I could sign up to be with other people. What happens when someone agrees at the moment, but a few months later, they decided they aren't going to keep up with the rules anymore? .
What do you mean what's going to happen ? there's gonna be a witch burning and you gonna lite the match. :P

You could have independence day everyday.

You can start with anybody who thinks the world is a sphere. :roll:
Hey, have I ever come after anyone on this forum for disagreeing with me on anything? You think I'd be upset because one of you doesnt agree with my opinion? I dont really care what anyone believes. That is up to them. I have no control over that. If I like to discuss conspiracy theories on a conspiracy theory subforum where those thoughts belong, why does it bother those individuals who do not believe in that theory? I am not trying to ram it down your throat. I dont even care what you think. Just I want you to know that just because you think the earth is a certain way and I think differently, it isnt going to change anything for me because your thoughts on the matter don't matter that much to me. Apparently not as much as my thoughts on the matter matter to you.

These are just ideas. Do you think the ancient Greeks were ridiculing everyone with their wisdom? Or maybe they were listening and either pondering or dismissing the subject. Hey, maybe some observation and experimentation would take place. Or do you think that these wise men resorted to ridicule of those men who had other ideas?

If they chose ridicule, do you think they continued with ridicule in a high school type fashion, in which they brought it up at random moments where they weren't relevant to the issue at hand?

Or is this just some strange attempt at humor. I don't find your attempt at humor to be funny at all. But the humor is more for you. It isnt for me, except to ridicule me, and that also is more about you than me, cause it doesnt bother me. It just lets me know that posing a different opinion than the one you believe in will make you start mocking those you disagree with.

And that is fine with me if you want to act that way.
You said what if we have different ideas so you are contradicting what you wrote, I am just suggesting a simple solution for the communal Church community that has proven to be an affective means in the past for Christians to use in keeping the fear of God alive in the minds of those striving to follow in pursuit of faith and brotherly love for one another as Jesus intended under the will of Landru of course..
Time to Hide!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

The_Adventurer wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:And what's to stop the powers from coming in, Waco style, and just taking your land and throwing you all in a dungeon somewhere?
They have no reason because we don't threaten them.
http://govtslaves.info/camping-is-now-c ... ping-trip/
One can find examples of anything, but the Amish and Hasidic Jews live according to their own values and no one bothers them. Texas is a particularly tolerant state, so I think there is little chance of the government bothering us.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Adama wrote:It is a nice idea, but I don't think I could sign up to be with other people. What happens when someone agrees at the moment, but a few months later, they decided they aren't going to keep up with the rules anymore? That will pose a difficulty kicking them out, especially after they have otherwise established themselves.
The idea isn't to form a commune, just to live close to each other. So kicking people out won't be hard if it is needed.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Are you going to grow your hair long on the sides and wear those funny hats? I like the idea that women can only wear dresses.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Ghost wrote:Franklin, what's going to be your group's solution for moving there and getting jobs? Or does everyone in the group have that figured out already?
There are a few answers. We will choose a place that isn't too far from cities, so people can either commute or live in a city and join us on weekends. My current preferred location is around Seguin, TX which is close to both San Antonio and Austin.

But the real goal here is combine subsistance farming with internet business. Anyone doing subsistance farming in this area will have an extremely low cost of living. Two of us have internet businesses and we are building tools generally useful for building internet businesses (software, SEO, etc.). So we could either hire someone to work in our internet businesses or we could fund new businesses. We would expect most members of the community to eventually become wealthy through internet business while maintaining a very low cost of living with subsistance farming.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Adama wrote:Are you going to grow your hair long on the sides and wear those funny hats? I like the idea that women can only wear dresses.
Sorry to disappoint you, but no funny hair or funny hats. We only have 3 very simple rules that you can find on our website (see my signature).
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

fschmidt wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:And what's to stop the powers from coming in, Waco style, and just taking your land and throwing you all in a dungeon somewhere?
They have no reason because we don't threaten them.
http://govtslaves.info/camping-is-now-c ... ping-trip/
One can find examples of anything, but the Amish and Hasidic Jews live according to their own values and no one bothers them. Texas is a particularly tolerant state, so I think there is little chance of the government bothering us.
Have you looked at what they want to do to this country in the remainder of this century ? I suggest people need to first come up with a governing system that has the potential to leave your group alone if they want. The Amish were established when the republic was somewhat functioning as intended but today trying to do what you want while the elite are carving this country up is plainly a pipe dream.

You may have better luck in another country unless Americans stand up and reestablish a legitimate government here that functions for the people..
Time to Hide!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You mean like the Amish? Or one of those eco villages? I heard that there are villages of mormons that still practice polygamy in secret. They set up isplated remote communities after polygamy was outlawed, to keep joseph smiths commandments that he claimed to receive from God.

Have you read george orwells "animal farm"? Maybe a new commune would turn out that way. Lol

Is the benedict solution named after Benedict Arnold?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Texas is very interesting, they are making a move to try and breakaway from the federal reserve financial stranglehold. Things could flair up there shortly and hopefully for the better.
Time to Hide!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

The Benedict Option is dead. The guy behind it finally published his book on it, and it is a disaster. My review is here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revi ... B01KUCY7XI