Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.
View Active Topics View Your Posts Latest 100 Topics FAQ Topics Mobile Friendly Theme
Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
We want to rename this religion to remove "Judaism" which is too much of an ethnic name. Some options:
The bases of these names:
Why not just a name that will be commonly understood? How many people know "tanakh" or "mikraite"?
How about something simpler like "Followers of the Old Testament"? (Although the acronym isn't good.)
Followers of the Old Testament
Old Testament Followers
Ten Commandments Brotherhood
Brotherhood of the Ten Commandments
My suggestion would be Christianity, and if anyone asks your denomination, you can say Independent and Fundamental. Independent because you are not associated with any organization. Fundamental because you believe the Bible as it is written and live by the Bible.
I see you've chosen Mikraite as your new website. Why not choose something that the average person can remember easily?
I have some questions for you about Judaism.
1. Does Judaism teach that the Talmud was divinely inspired? Are all followers of Judaism required to abide by what's in them?
2. Is the Torah and the Old Testament the same thing? I was under the impression that the Torah was just the first 5 books of the OT.
3. Do Judaism followers believe in Satan, heaven and hell, the spirit world, angels, demons, etc?
4. How does the Jewish Kabbalah fit into this? Is the mysticism of the Kabbalah part of Judaism? Do followers of Judaism study it?
5. You told me once that you were Atheist. Is that true? How can you not believe in God, yet advocate religion for the world? Isn't that an oxymoron? What would your ideal religion preach then if you believe that there's no God? How would you motivate people to be moral? What reward would you give them? And how do you explain the creation of life and the universe if there's no creator or grand architect in your view? Life cannot evolve from randomness and DNA has proven that as well. So Atheism is illogical. How do you justify it?
Sorry for all these questions, but I've been meaning to ask you them for a long time. I just keep forgetting. Thanks.
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!
Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!
"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
The average person has no interest anyway. Mikraite is short and I could get the domain name.
I assume that your questions are about Rabbinic Judaism which is mainstream Judaism that follows the Talmud. Karaite Judaism rejects the Talmud. So I will answer your questions for Rabbinic Judaism.
"Torah" is vague and actually means "teaching" in Hebrew. In Rabbinic Judaism, "the written torah" is the first 5 books of the OT and "the oral torah" is the Talmud. Most of the rest of the OT is ignored.
Heaven, hell, and angels, yes. The rest I am not sure. But Judaism doesn't emphasize belief, so these questions aren't so important.
Most followers of Judaism don't study this. It is mostly studied by hasidic rabbis.
I used to consider myself an atheist, but not anymore. I define God as a force of nature, not a sentient being. The benefit of being moral is living in a high trust society that will be successful for many generations. Immoral societies collapse in a few generations. So morality benefits your descendants. Coherent forces like evolution can produce order. For more, read:
The falsely so called modern Jews do follow the Kabalah, at least some of them. You can't trust anything they say, because they lie. Just like the Mormons lie and say they are Christian when they are not. Likewise the Jews follow Satan, but they openly say they follow the God of the Bible. Take note that no falsely so called Jew believes the Bible at all. Just like no fake Christian believes the Bible. If they believed it, then they would be God's people, but they pay lip service.
Listen to the Jews of Youtube who will openly say (to their own audience) that they love the Zohar, which is the main book of the Kabalah.
Fschmidt is going to be a prophet of a false religion. That carries a heavier penalty than most of the regular unbelievers.