Renaming Biblic Judaism

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Renaming Biblic Judaism

Post by fschmidt »

http://www.biblicjudaism.org/

We want to rename this religion to remove "Judaism" which is too much of an ethnic name. Some options:

tanakhist.org
mikran.org
mikraite.org
yehovan.org

The bases of these names:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanakh
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikra

Comments?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Renaming Biblic Judaism

Post by fschmidt »

Thanks, "Old Testament Follower" may work. I will add it to the lost of options.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

My suggestion would be Christianity, and if anyone asks your denomination, you can say Independent and Fundamental. Independent because you are not associated with any organization. Fundamental because you believe the Bible as it is written and live by the Bible.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Fschmidt,,

I see you've chosen Mikraite as your new website. Why not choose something that the average person can remember easily?

I have some questions for you about Judaism.

1. Does Judaism teach that the Talmud was divinely inspired? Are all followers of Judaism required to abide by what's in them?

2. Is the Torah and the Old Testament the same thing? I was under the impression that the Torah was just the first 5 books of the OT.

3. Do Judaism followers believe in Satan, heaven and hell, the spirit world, angels, demons, etc?

4. How does the Jewish Kabbalah fit into this? Is the mysticism of the Kabbalah part of Judaism? Do followers of Judaism study it?

5. You told me once that you were Atheist. Is that true? How can you not believe in God, yet advocate religion for the world? Isn't that an oxymoron? What would your ideal religion preach then if you believe that there's no God? How would you motivate people to be moral? What reward would you give them? And how do you explain the creation of life and the universe if there's no creator or grand architect in your view? Life cannot evolve from randomness and DNA has proven that as well. So Atheism is illogical. How do you justify it?

Sorry for all these questions, but I've been meaning to ask you them for a long time. I just keep forgetting. Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Winston wrote:I see you've chosen Mikraite as your new website. Why not choose something that the average person can remember easily?
The average person has no interest anyway. Mikraite is short and I could get the domain name.
I assume that your questions are about Rabbinic Judaism which is mainstream Judaism that follows the Talmud. Karaite Judaism rejects the Talmud. So I will answer your questions for Rabbinic Judaism.
1. Does Judaism teach that the Talmud was divinely inspired? Are all followers of Judaism required to abide by what's in them?
yes, yes
2. Is the Torah and the Old Testament the same thing? I was under the impression that the Torah was just the first 5 books of the OT.
"Torah" is vague and actually means "teaching" in Hebrew. In Rabbinic Judaism, "the written torah" is the first 5 books of the OT and "the oral torah" is the Talmud. Most of the rest of the OT is ignored.
3. Do Judaism followers believe in Satan, heaven and hell, the spirit world, angels, demons, etc?
Heaven, hell, and angels, yes. The rest I am not sure. But Judaism doesn't emphasize belief, so these questions aren't so important.
4. How does the Jewish Kabbalah fit into this? Is the mysticism of the Kabbalah part of Judaism? Do followers of Judaism study it?
Most followers of Judaism don't study this. It is mostly studied by hasidic rabbis.
5. You told me once that you were Atheist. Is that true? How can you not believe in God, yet advocate religion for the world? Isn't that an oxymoron? What would your ideal religion preach then if you believe that there's no God? How would you motivate people to be moral? What reward would you give them? And how do you explain the creation of life and the universe if there's no creator or grand architect in your view? Life cannot evolve from randomness and DNA has proven that as well. So Atheism is illogical. How do you justify it?
I used to consider myself an atheist, but not anymore. I define God as a force of nature, not a sentient being. The benefit of being moral is living in a high trust society that will be successful for many generations. Immoral societies collapse in a few generations. So morality benefits your descendants. Coherent forces like evolution can produce order. For more, read:

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:Fschmidt,,

I see you've chosen Mikraite as your new website. Why not choose something that the average person can remember easily?

Sorry for all these questions, but I've been meaning to ask you them for a long time. I just keep forgetting. Thanks.

The falsely so called modern Jews do follow the Kabalah, at least some of them. You can't trust anything they say, because they lie. Just like the Mormons lie and say they are Christian when they are not. Likewise the Jews follow Satan, but they openly say they follow the God of the Bible. Take note that no falsely so called Jew believes the Bible at all. Just like no fake Christian believes the Bible. If they believed it, then they would be God's people, but they pay lip service.

Listen to the Jews of Youtube who will openly say (to their own audience) that they love the Zohar, which is the main book of the Kabalah.

Fschmidt is going to be a prophet of a false religion. That carries a heavier penalty than most of the regular unbelievers.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A great index of fschmidt's posts on Judaism on his forum.

http://www.mikraite.org/template/NamlSe ... udaism&n=1
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

fschmidt wrote:
May 24th, 2016, 4:41 pm
I used to consider myself an atheist, but not anymore. I define God as a force of nature, not a sentient being. The benefit of being moral is living in a high trust society that will be successful for many generations. Immoral societies collapse in a few generations. So morality benefits your descendants. Coherent forces like evolution can produce order. For more, read:

But I don't understand. How can God be a force of nature and not a sentient force? That's like impersonal pantheism. If God were just an impersonal force, then how do you explain the intelligent design argument and the argument from fine tuning of the universe - which atheists are at a total loss to explain? The human body is a highly complex biological machine and so is the human cell. The design is far beyond any computer on earth. And thus cannot be from random forces. Also our DNA is like a highly complex software code or computer program with over 3 billion letters in it. Since you are a computer programmer, you of all people should know that a computer program cannot write itself right? It takes INTELLIGENCE to write a computer program or write a message. Random impersonal forces of nature cannot write a program or generate a message. Right? So how can God or the creators of our universe or world be impersonal? Do you know what I mean? Your belief or theory should try to account for all the data, not reject data that doesn't fit into it, right?