Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Visiting the Mennonites

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby fschmidt » April 4th, 2017, 9:56 am

I found an accurate video of a Mennonite service, probably the only one on the Web.



I have a lot of respect for these people, in contrast to modern Christian scum.
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2386
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby Eric » April 4th, 2017, 10:31 am

fschmidt wrote:I found an accurate video of a Mennonite service, probably the only one on the Web.



I have a lot of respect for these people, in contrast to modern Christian scum.


Why'd you have to always throw that last part in there, its not necessary. We get it,
don't understand why you don't just hang out with your own Jews, that is your culture.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: March 20th, 2016, 4:07 am

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby Kradmelder » April 4th, 2017, 10:43 am

Eric wrote:
fschmidt wrote:I found an accurate video of a Mennonite service, probably the only one on the Web.



I have a lot of respect for these people, in contrast to modern Christian scum.


Why'd you have to always throw that last part in there, its not necessary. We get it,
don't understand why you don't just hang out with your own Jews, that is your culture.


The jewish assault on christianity has long been documented

https://www.amazon.com/Jewish-assault-Christianity-Gerald-Winrod/dp/B00087ZZY6

http://goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/spiritual/home_study/jew_assault.htm

They are not going to change now after 2000 years.
User avatar
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: September 6th, 2016, 1:59 pm

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby Adama » April 4th, 2017, 3:16 pm

fschmidt wrote:
I have a lot of respect for these people, in contrast to modern Christian scum.


You use insults against God's people very lightly.

If the Mennonites believe in Christ (which they don't), and you yourself hate Christ, how can you associate with them? Simply because they separate men and women and make women wear funny hats?

The Mennonites claim to be saved by faith in Jesus Christ. However if you dig deeper, just like every false way, they believe in "Repent and believe" and "Believe and obey" for salvation, rather than simply faith alone in Christ for salvation. In other words, like every false religion, they believe in salvation by self-righteousness, which means salvation by keeping the commandments.

And self-righteousness is self-delusion, because nobody is Christ except Christ, and He is the only sinless person who was able to keep all the commandments. Repentance doesn't save, and it isn't necessary for salvation. Repentance comes after salvation to keep your physical body from death and disease as chastisement, for the saved person.

The Bible is clear that no flesh shall be justified by the law but by faith only.

http://mennoniteusa.org/confession-of-faith/salvation/

Naturally reprobates can't believe the Gospel of Christ. They've been sent strong delusions to believe lies, and their minds are given over to that of beasts.

Many false Christian denominations preach damnable heresies. Mennonites are among them. As are Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons, and Amish.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5319
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby Adama » April 4th, 2017, 3:22 pm

fschmidt wrote:Thanks Jester, but that email was to the Orthodox which didn't work out. Here is a summary of my conversation with the Mennonites last week:

me: I enjoyed the service. I am not Christian, I follow the Old Testament. So I am looking for the religion that most closely follows the Old Testament, and it seems Mennonites are it.

mennonite: What about Judaism.

me: No, they don't follow the Old Testament. They follow the Talmud.

mennonite: Well we consider ourselves to be a New Testament religion.

me: That's fine, I don't see any conflict. Jesus promoted Old Testament principles, so if you actually follow what Jesus said in the first 3 gospels, we should get along fine.

mennonite: That's interesting. Of course faith in Christ is central to our religion.

me: If your faith in Christ results in you following God's will as expressed in the Old Testament, then I am all for it.

mennonite: Yes that is one area where we differ from other Christians. We are very concerned about doing God's will.

me: Great!


If you don't believe what they believe in the very fundamentals, then you should not consider joining them. Why would a person join a religion which he doesn't believe? And why would a man join a religion when he hates the very man in whose name he is supposed to put his trust in? You hate Christ, yet you seek to join Christian churches? But it is no mystery that you always choose false Christians who believe in repentance and obedience for salvation rather than the simplicity of faith.

Obedience is putting trust in yourself. Repentance is keeping the law, which is work, which is trusting yourself. Trusting yourself says that you are equal to Christ in being sinless. Which also means, those who trust in their own works of righteousness will pay for their own sins by dying in them, and suffering the eternal penalty for putting their trust in their own works, rather than the work which Christ has done for us.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5319
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby Adama » April 4th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Eric wrote:
fschmidt wrote:I found an accurate video of a Mennonite service, probably the only one on the Web.



I have a lot of respect for these people, in contrast to modern Christian scum.


Why'd you have to always throw that last part in there, its not necessary. We get it,
don't understand why you don't just hang out with your own Jews, that is your culture.


Doesn't it make you wonder? How can someone who openly hates Christ and who denies the New Testament join a church based upon Christ and the New Testament? Makes no sense when you think on it. It makes sense to him though.

Poor FSchmidt is a rich man.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5319
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby Cornfed » April 5th, 2017, 1:47 am

Adama wrote:If the Mennonites believe in Christ (which they don't)

They don't? How so?
User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5738
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby Adama » April 5th, 2017, 2:07 am

Cornfed wrote:
Adama wrote:If the Mennonites believe in Christ (which they don't)

They don't? How so?


The post explains it. Go to their website in the link. They are speaking out of both sides of their mouths because they are confused and have no idea what salvation is. If they are incorrect on salvation, then they do not belong to Christ and are just giving Him lip service.

They are espousing two different doctrines, both of which are incompatible. Let me show you here:

We are saved by God’s grace, not by our own merits


This is 100% true. We are saved by God's unmerited favor, known as grace, or the free gift of salvation.

But then look here:

We receive God’s salvation when we repent of sin and accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.


This directly contradicts the previous statement that it is unmerited. Because if you have to repent of sin, then that means it is earned by repenting from sin. That is not a free gift but keeping the law. Just replace "repent of sin" with "keep the commandments" and accept Christ. Keeping the commandments is earning salvation, while grace is free salvation.

Justification by faith and faithful obedience to the covenant relationship are inseparable


http://mennoniteusa.org/confession-of-faith/salvation/

Salvation is either by faith alone (through grace, God's unmerited favor), or it is by keeping the commandments. We know that keeping the commandments is impossible unless you are Christ. Therefore, as the New Testament tells us, salvation is by faith through God's grace (unmerited favor/ free gift) for believing in His Son (who lived a sinless life to die for the sins of the world).

They also state later in the commentary that faithful obedience is inseparable from justification by faith, which is a lie. Justification by faith is what saves a person, but they add in "faithful obedience" which is a work salvation, thereby nullifying grace (because it is either grace or works, not both).

The scripture is clear that no flesh can be justified by keeping the law. That means repentance doesn't save and neither does obedience, because it is impossible to keep the whole law. Because both repentance and obedience are keeping the law/commandments.

This is why they don't believe in Christ. Anyone who believes in repentance for salvation, or obedience for justification (same as salvation) believes in their own works to keep the commandments, which is a work salvation, which means they are trusting in themselves and not Christ. Therefore they are not putting their complete faith in Christ, which means they are unbelievers just going through the motions.

There is only one true just/ righteous man who ever existed, and that was Christ. When we believe on Him (and His work He did on the cross) and NOT on our own efforts, then God imputes the sinless righteousness of Christ onto us, which justifies us and saves us.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5319
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby MrMan » April 5th, 2017, 4:31 am

Adama,

Galatians 5:4
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
MrMan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby Adama » April 5th, 2017, 1:52 pm

MrMan wrote:Adama,

Galatians 5:4
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.



What does that even mean, Mr Man? What point are you making? We know that you must do the will of the Father. The will of the Father is to believe in the Son. Read carefully.

Crucified the flesh with affections and lusts? Is this proof for your repentance salvation? When I am out preaching the gospel to lost people, as soon as someone says that a man must "abide" or "repent" to be saved, I move on. I find it is impossible to convert self-righteous "Christians" who think adding work to Christ's work on the cross gets them into heaven.

So you can quote scripture without making commentary if you want to. You testify against yourself, knowing the letter of the law, but as you have proven to me multiple times, you have no interpretation of the deeper things of the law. That also might explain the defense of the Jews so much. The Pharisees also knew the letter of the law, but were without the spirit, and many of them were hypocrites, as fully explained in Romans 2.

The heathen can keep the law without knowing it better than those who merely know the letter of the law, because the law is written in their hearts. But somehow those who only know the letter of the law don't know much of anything without the spirit. Too bad.

That also may be why you don't even explain what you're quoting. You don't dare state your interpretation for fear that it may get blown out with truth.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5319
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby Adama » April 5th, 2017, 1:59 pm

MrMan wrote:Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.


What is the will of the Father?

John 6:40KJV And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Self-righteousness doesn't save you. It is boasting of your own glory, when all the glory for salvation goes to Christ. Crucifying the flesh means you should live right, but it has nothing to do with salvation. We are still waiting for the redemption of our sinful flesh. The flesh (body) has not yet been redeemed.

Many unbelievers have received a strong delusion. I do not feel sorry for them. They didn't want the truth and so God blinded them, which is why they will never understand basic details that are obvious.

Romans 4
1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.


False Christians think it is all about them, rather than Christ. Oh they give lip service to faith in Christ, but they really believe in their own works of repentance or abiding or keeping the commandments. Keeping the commandments for salvation is trusting in yourself. It isn't a hard concept to understand, unless you're blinded.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5319
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby MrMan » April 5th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Adama wrote:
MrMan wrote:Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.


What is the will of the Father?

John 6:40KJV And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.


In Matthew 21, Jesus told a parable about a father who told his sons to work in his vineyard and asked which of the sons did the will of his father. Paul wrote that 'your sanctification' is the will of God, that ye abstain from fornication. Paul also wrote that giving thanks in everything was the will of God.

In Matthew 7, those who the Lord rejects are described as workers or lawlessness. These are people who verbally acknowledge Jesus as Lord, and think enough of HIm to go to Him saying 'Lord, Lord....'

Self-righteousness doesn't save you. It is boasting of your own glory, when all the glory for salvation goes to Christ. Crucifying the flesh means you should live right, but it has nothing to do with salvation.


Those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with it's affections and lusts.

Many unbelievers have received a strong delusion. I do not feel sorry for them.


There is still hope for many unbelievers. Compassion may go a long way.

Romans 4
1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.


These are wonderful verses about salvation by faith. Do you expect someone who believes not to bear fruits and actually be righteous?

James 2 says,
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Here is another verse from that passage:
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Is it wrong to expect a man with faith to show evidence of it in his life?

So you can quote scripture without making commentary if you want to. You testify against yourself, knowing the letter of the law, but as you have proven to me multiple times, you have no interpretation of the deeper things of the law.


For someone who gets so upset over slander, you sure are quick to accuse. Here, you find a way to accuse me just for quoting scripture. Since I didn't offer commentary, you accuse. A while back, I commented on a portion of one of your posts where you wrote so harshly of women who flirt and don't accept dates or whatever, and wrote about me as if I were not against slander. It had nothing at all to do with what I said. It just seems ironic to me that you are so sensitive about being slandered yourself, and so heavy with the accusations.

I also notice that Jesus didn't go around lambasting the prostitutes, tax collectors and run-of-the mill citizens. He saved the harsher words primarily for the religous leaders who were leading people away. Sinners are condemned before God, that's true. But Jesus didn't level the verbal canon of accusation at them. And you seem awfully harsh toward women who flirt with guys in your statements about who are sinners.

I happen to be kind of busy sometimes. While I was writing this, my wife wanted to talk to me, and now it's late, so this message will be shorter than I wanted.

You write scathing words about those who slander, yet you write stuff like this. If any Mennonites are saved and believe in Jesus, you should ask yourself if you slandered them in these posts with your broad brush you paint people with.

That also might explain the defense of the Jews so much. The Pharisees also knew the letter of the law, but were without the spirit, and many of them were hypocrites, as fully explained in Romans 2.


A lot of the Jewish conspiracies on this forum are just way over the topic. The Bible doesn't call all Jews the synagogue of Satan. Jesus is a Jew. Paul was a Jew. The twelve apostles were Jews. Regarding unbelieving Jews and Gentiles, God has concluded them all in unbelief, that He might have mercy upon all.

It is also not wise to go around treating everyone like the enemy.

In regard to Mennonites and other groups, we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. You make it seem like salvation is a matter of holding to the right doctrinal statment, confession, or understanding, rather than a matter of faith. Someone can claim right doctrines, without his heart being right before God.

The heathen can keep the law without knowing it better than those who merely know the letter of the law, because the law is written in their hearts. But somehow those who only know the letter of the law don't know much of anything without the spirit. Too bad.


Do you ever stop when you are writing and meditate on how your words apply to yourself? That's a good practice sometimes. I'm not going to say your damned to Hell. I'm wondering if that's your next step at escalating a conversation at the rate this is going. I'd encourage you to follow the example of Christ in dealing with people. Mercy goes a long way. A harsh judgmental attitude has a way of coming back to you. It's not wrong to be against sin and in favor of what is write. But if you are harsher than Jesus, then you need to examine yourself.

That also may be why you don't even explain what you're quoting. You don't dare state your interpretation for fear that it may get blown out with truth.


How can you justify making that last statement? Do you claim to be omniscient like God? Do you claim to have some supernatural, extrabiblical revelation?

I quoted without commentary mainly because I was busy and had something quit to comment on. I also wanted to be too the point. I was wondering when I post, also, if scripture without commentary would result in your attacking me personally, a bad sign of a judgmental attitude, IMO. If someone responds negatively to just scripture, that can be very telling.
MrMan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby Eric » April 5th, 2017, 6:48 pm

Protestants are the problem. All of the obnoxious protestants are the reason this country sucks. fschmidt doesn't make sense...because he's complaining about the country (and all of the stupid Protestant Christians), but then he's going to shack up with a group of them? Please, tell me how that makes sense.
He also denies responsibility that HIS sadistic tribe had everything to do in fomenting all the chaos, degradation, suffering and demoralization we see in this country and in the world. This just goes to show what a parasite he is, really; he doesn't care. He wants to go to a place that is his own...damn everything else. Those people, once they find out who you really are...will string you up in a lynchmob, or chase you down with a pitchfork.
Can you answer that fschmidt - or will you duck it again? I'd really like to hear an answer.

Protestants are arrogant, haughty, prideful and self-righteous. Since sola scriptura, all of these people take a literal and their own interpretation of the bible, then of course - everyone's interpretation is different...so they all claim they're the right ones - and everyone else is wrong. Then they go on to form groups, the fracturing continues amongst themselves in the pattern...that's why there are literally thousands of churches now and a bunch of chaos and confusion.
Congratulations protestants (the very first liberals) - you've fed right into the Jew divide and conquer strategy...and are currently tearing the country, world and yourselves up because you've decided to become heretics.
The Catholic Church was always the one true church, nothing's changed.
Maybe you should search your heart to find out why you turned away, or why did pride and obstinance make you a heretic.

I can't stand all the thorny, bristly protestants outside when I'm driving. People are so pushy, entitled, staunchy and rude. This is a Protestant mentality - that's why even England kicked those bastards out, nobody can stand them, they are fools and idiots and open to manipulation as dupes because they are so zealous, etc.
They were used to build the new world, then the nwo quickly flooded the country with immigrants from Catholic countries, etc. Chinese, etc........to show them how much they don't matter.
If People dropped their Protestantism - this world would improve overnight. People would get along, ego's wouldn't matter.


Protestant Puritanism is also why our countries so crazy and extreme. Since they have a hard time with extremes - they've now taken purity to the other end of the extreme, when promiscuity was introduced into this country - they couldn't handle it and now have become the most promiscuous people on the planet... this attitude of Protestantism which infects America at it's foundations gets the people - into the society, now nobody can handle things, thinks extremes and can't handle black and white.
Thanks for wrecking our world...
while you burned the Church who gave you life and gave you a culture for thousands of years. ...it's still there.
Come back.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: March 20th, 2016, 4:07 am

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby Adama » April 6th, 2017, 5:45 am

MrMan, it is evident to me that you don't know much of anything and you haven't received deeper knowledge. That is not a false accusation but truth. You don't understand much of the gospel. You only know the letter of the law, but not the spirit of the law. That's why when I type you get in a huff, because of your lack of understanding.

And I do know that those who believe in repentance for salvation and obedience for salvation are in for some serious trouble.

You posted scripture that you think is relevant but somehow you didn't write how it is relevant. I am here to tell you that it is not relevant.

Crucifying the lusts and affections has nothing to do with salvation. Of course, you never even bothered to write a sentence stating that you believe that it is necessary for salvation. I had to infer it, because you could copy and paste but couldn't write a sentence or two, due to being busy.

The Will of Father God is to believe in Jesus for salvation. As I know you believe in 'Repent and believe' (yet you can't even bother to defend it), I concluded that you must be posting the Will of The Father as work salvation, just as you believe that believers must have crucified the lusts and affections.

We are commanded to live holy as Christ, but we are human. And the answer is no, there will not necessarily be fruit that you can see. That's because you don't know what salvation is. If the saved person continues to live in the flesh, God will send disease and even bodily death upon them. That is all. But the soul remains saved.

And as I have written many times, repentance is works. Salvation is by faith alone.

MrMan your words are empty.

Should I attempt to explain more? Will you understand? Doubtful. If you read what the scripture goes on to say, instead of what you want to believe, it is clear that those who Christ rejects are those who trusted in their own works. Which is why they say HAVENT WE DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS? Because they thought it was their works that saved them. And because they thought it was their works, they never had Christ, which is why He says, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Because they trusting their WONDERFUL WORKS instead of Him!
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5319
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Visiting the Mennonites

Postby Cornfed » April 6th, 2017, 5:51 am

You people are a bunch of psychotic retards. I'm convinced that if you spouted your crap to real Christian men, such as the men of Nagaland mentioned in a recent thread, they would beat the shit out of you or burn you at the stake or whatever.
User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5738
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests