True Orthodoxy

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

True Orthodoxy

Post by fschmidt »

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: True Orthodoxy

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I don't think any man here is genuinely interested in solutions for improving the bigger picture, Fschmidt. They are merely looking for ways to improve their own lives.

Have you found a worthy religion and (physical) community to join, yet?
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: True Orthodoxy

Post by fschmidt »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Have you found a worthy religion and (physical) community to join, yet?
The Conservative Mennonites look promising as I documented here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29056

But I stumbled on the True/Genuine Orthodox last week and I want to investigate them too. What happened is that I sent this email to all Orthodox churches in the San Antonio and Austin areas:

http://www.mikraite.org/email-to-orthod ... tp495.html

The only church that actually responded turned out to the True Orthodox. I had never heard of True Orthodox but when I called the priest, I explained to him that I had attended a Greek Orthodox church in El Paso but I felt that they were too willing to conform to the modern world. And then he explained that his church is True Orthodox and that is exactly their position as well.

My plan is to visit a number of Conservative Mennonite and True Orthodox churches over the next few months and to choose one. I am very optimistic right now.