The Truth Behind Islam

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by MrPeabody »

Yohan wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlasTr0HFHI[/youtube]
As i said already, best solution is to separate them from each other, so they cannot fight anymore.

Muslims to Pakistan, Hindus to India...

Muslims to Bangladesh, Buddhists to Myanmar

Muslims to Malaysia, Christians to Philippines

Muslims to Malaysia, Buddhists to Thailand

Muslims to Pakistan, Buddhists to Sri Lanka

My understanding so far is that Muslims and other religions cannot live peacefully door to door.
They have already their own land, there is no shortage of Islamic Republics, where Western life-style is not welcome.

It's now about Western countries to act similar, Muslim life-style does not fit in our society.
You didn't look at the video. He said Muslims and Hindus lived together harmoniously for hundreds of years. It was the political separation that created the stress which led to violence. It is still common for Muslims in India to have Hindu gurus and the Hindus need the Muslims to kill cows and other things they won't do.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrPeabody wrote: ...He said Muslims and Hindus lived together harmoniously for hundreds of years. It was the political separation that created the stress which led to violence. It is still common for Muslims in India to have Hindu gurus and the Hindus need the Muslims to kill cows and other things they won't do.
This means the separation is not done properly.

Muslims to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran...
Hindus, Christians, Buddhists to India.

Hindus do not need Muslims to kill cows. Your argument is ridiculous. Christians and Buddhists are eating beef and have no religious problem with work in a slaughter house. - There are also Chinese minorities in India who are atheists, English educated in school and eat everything - just everything.

Simply said, Muslims should move to their own territories, they control a lot of land, there is enough place for every Muslim in these many Islamic Republics and there is absolutely no reason for them to live among the infidels and pagans in India or any other country which is not Muslim orientated.

A good example is Myanmar. Myanmar is now moving Muslims back to Bangadesh. It's a Buddhist country and people want it to remain a Buddhist country in future.

Who does a Muslim always want to live among infidels and pagans? They have plenty of Muslim controlled countries to choose from.
I also never understood why a Muslim country like Turkey wants to join the EU. It does not fit into Western values and a large part of Turkey is not even in Europe.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Yohan wrote:
MrPeabody wrote: ...He said Muslims and Hindus lived together harmoniously for hundreds of years. It was the political separation that created the stress which led to violence. It is still common for Muslims in India to have Hindu gurus and the Hindus need the Muslims to kill cows and other things they won't do.
This means the separation is not done properly.

Muslims to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran...
Hindus, Christians, Buddhists to India.

Hindus do not need Muslims to kill cows. Your argument is ridiculous. Christians and Buddhists are eating beef and have no religious problem with work in a slaughter house. - There are also Chinese minorities in India who are atheists, English educated in school and eat everything - just everything.

Simply said, Muslims should move to their own territories, they control a lot of land, there is enough place for every Muslim in these many Islamic Republics and there is absolutely no reason for them to live among the infidels and pagans in India or any other country which is not Muslim orientated.

A good example is Myanmar. Myanmar is now moving Muslims back to Bangadesh. It's a Buddhist country and people want it to remain a Buddhist country in future.

Who does a Muslim always want to live among infidels and pagans? They have plenty of Muslim controlled countries to choose from.
I also never understood why a Muslim country like Turkey wants to join the EU. It does not fit into Western values and a large part of Turkey is not even in Europe.
No need to separate. Muslims and Hindus love each other. You seem to be going postal. You post a horseshit alt-right video and then insist Muslims move away. The last I heard, Japan isn't a big hot spot destination for Muslims. Are you related to Barney Fife?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sow4J9FYmkA[/youtube]
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrPeabody wrote: No need to separate. Muslims and Hindus love each other.
What nonsense is this? Are you dreaming? Hindu and Muslim are fighting against each other in India all the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious ... e_in_India

A report about one of the worst Hindu-Muslim riots in 1989
http://www.nytimes.com/1989/12/28/world ... hting.html

Hundreds flee homes in northern India following Hindu-Muslim clashes
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... 52568f0a79

NEW DELHI — Hundreds of villagers fled their homes in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday after three days of bloody sectarian clashes left at least 38 people dead and dozens wounded, including small children.

The fighting between Hindus and Muslims in the area, the worst in years, was sparked by a violent dispute between two families of different faiths last month, authorities said.....
Last edited by Yohan on November 23rd, 2017, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrPeabody wrote:Japan isn't a big hot spot destination for Muslims.
The number of Jews, Christians and Muslims is very small in Japan.
Maybe 1 percent Christians, including the Catholic community in Nagasaki, and the Protestant community in Yamaguchi.
Some leftovers from missionaries...

Muslims in Japan are usually foreigners for example Indonesians or Bangladeshi, only a few Japanese participate.
Totally far less than Christians, maybe 0.2 percent of the Japanese population or so.

There is no census about religion in Japan, it's a private matter whatever you want to believe.

Japan is by tradition a Shinto/MahayanaBuddhist country. Maybe 80 percent or more of the Japanese people have some relationship with a Buddhist temple, usually owning a family grave within the land of the temple.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hters.html

Egyptian cleric says men can marry their own daughters if they are born out of wedlock
Mazen Al-Sersawi cites prominent Muslim scholar in making his argument
Girls born out of wedlock are not really daughters so not 'attributed' to father
According to his argument in these circumstances a man can marry daughter
The comments have been widely criticised and greeted with revulsion

A prominent Egyptian Salafist cleric has suggested Islam allows men to have sex with their illegitimate daughters and marry them.
Mazen Al-Sersawi cites prominent Muslim scholar Imam Al-Shafi'i as saying because illegitimate daughters are not officially attributed to their fathers they can be married to them.

He makes the claims in a video which has gone viral and he has been widely criticized for the comments.
In the video, Al-Sersawi said Imam Al-Shafi'i is known for saying men may marry their own daughters that are born out of wedlock

In the video Mazen Al-Sersawi cites prominent scholar Imam Al-Shafi'i to make the case that fathers can marry daughters born in adulterous relationships
He claims because a girl born in an adulterous relationship is 'not really his daughter' then a father can have sex with her

Mazen Al-Sersawi teaches at the prestigious Egypt's Al-Azhar University, one of the most prestigious institutions in Sunni Islam

Al-Sersawi, who teaches at the prestigious Egypt's Al-Azhar University, claims Al-Shafi'I says a girl born in an adulterous relationship is 'not really his daughter'.

Because an illegitimate daughter does not carry her father's name, 'she is not his daughter according to Sharia. She is not officially attributed to him'.
The video was made in 2012 but has recently resurfaced online.

Many have expressed their revulsion about his claims with one man tweeting 'what is this madness?' and a woman simply saying 'ewww'.

Earlier this year, another Egyptia cleric Muftah Mohammad Maarouf, said in televised debate the age for marrying should be low enough for new-born babies to be married off.

He said long as 'no harm' is done to the child, there is no problem 'preventing her from getting married' adding 'in Islamic Sharia there is no set age for marriage when it comes to females'.
Last edited by Yohan on November 23rd, 2017, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yohan, I would like to add some emphasis to this, if you'll allow me.
Mazen Al-Sersawi cites prominent Muslim scholar Imam Al-Shafi'i as saying because illegitimate daughters are not officially attributed to their fathers they can be married to them.
Two Muslim scholars. And it isn't like they are outliers. The one teaches at at the prestigious Egypt's Al-Azhar University, the other is a prominent Muslim scholar.

And what do they want to give men permission to do?

1. Islam allows men to have sex with their illegitimate daughters and marry them.
2. fathers can marry daughters born in adulterous relationships.
3. Adultery, because that's what he's talking about: getting married to the products of adultery.

I wonder what kind of moral lives these Muslims live out.

I have heard some truly terrible (sickening) things about Arabian Muslims in particular (not Egyptians). But if it is true, none of them should enter into the West.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Interesting story. One time I met this Muslim guy at work, who told me he was Christian. One day we ordered a pizza. I wanted sausage. When that pizza arrived, it was a big deal. He should have just told me about that beforehand though.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

https://www.dawn.com/news/791491

It's already a few years ago, but this is how a small Christian community is treated by Muslims - in a Muslim country.

Full story click on the link above.

LAHORE: A mob enraged over alleged blasphemy set on fire a number of houses belonging to Christians in Badami Bagh on Saturday.

There was no casualty as members of the Christian community, including women and children, had left the neighbourhood on Friday night after police advised them to do so.

A church and several shops were also torched by the mob. Police put the number of burnt houses at 125. Around 25 were arrested.

The blasphemy suspect was identified as 26-year-old Sawan Masih. Police took him into custody in the small hours of Saturday. Later a magistrate sent him on judicial remand.

Thousands of protesters armed with sticks, clubs and stones ransacked Joseph Colony, which is surrounded by iron warehouses, and then set over 100 residential properties as well as some motorcycles and rickshaws on fire.

A clash between the police and the arsonists left a number of people injured from both sides.

Fire-fighters succeeded in dousing the flames after battling for several hours.

A heavy police contingent cordoned off the area for rescue work.

As soon as businessmen saw the mob, they shuttered their shops and warehouses.

Witnesses and police said an angry crowd ransacked and burnt the entire locality comprising 175 small houses, a day after all Christian families left the area because police had alerted them to the possibility of an attack.

They said a majority of attackers who had lodged a protest a couple of days ago assembled on Noor Road, facing Joseph Colony, and started setting houses and shops on fire.

The affected people accused police of doing nothing to pre-empt the plunder.

.....the arson attacks began at around 11:30am and up to 7,000 people took part in it...

7000 people! And in this thread Islam apologists are telling me it's all only about a few extremists - freedom of religion in Islamic countries does exist and how much Muslims love and respect followers of other religions.... :roll:
Last edited by Yohan on November 23rd, 2017, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

There was no casualty as members of the Christian community left the neighbourhood on Friday night after police advised them to do so.
Exactly. Because God sent them a warning by the hand of a messenger, and they heeded the warning and left. Thanksgiving to the Lord.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Adama wrote: Yohan, I would like to add some emphasis to this, if you'll allow me.

Two Muslim scholars. And it isn't like they are outliers. The one teaches at at the prestigious Egypt's Al-Azhar University, the other is a prominent Muslim scholar.

1. Islam allows men to have sex with their illegitimate daughters and marry them.
3. Adultery, because that's what he's talking about: getting married to the products of adultery.
You forgot to mention the third person in this article, may I add it?
4 . Earlier this year, another Egyptia cleric Muftah Mohammad Maarouf, said in televised debate the age for marrying should be low enough for new-born babies to be married off.
He said long as 'no harm' is done to the child, there is no problem 'preventing her from getting married' adding 'in Islamic Sharia there is no set age for marriage when it comes to females'.
I can only repeat what I said several times already in this thread.
We (any religion and including atheists) cannot live next door with Muslims. We do not fit together, whatever some politicians or religious teachers are telling us.

Muslims should move to an Islamic country.

People with Western orientation should live in Western countries.

We need to create a strict border control and a policy who is welcome to be with us and who not.

About Islamic countries, I don't care, let them do there whatever they want to do - I care about Western countries in the year 2017. We do not even discuss such strange Islamic rules, they do not fit our way of life.

The world is big enough, we can live in the same world, but you stay in your place and we stay in our place.
Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster

Post by Misko_Varesanovic »

Adama wrote:There are a few things I can name which need to be wiped from the face of the earth immediately:

1. Fractional Reserve Banking.
2. Usury.
3. Zionism.
4. Feminism.
5. Islam.

The world would be an infinitely better place without these five things.
This is absolutely priceless. Number 5 is categorically opposed to 1 and 2, and has serious reservations about 3 and 4.

And yet you claim what is potentially your best ally should be eradicated. No wonder you guys are in trouble.
Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster

Adama wrote:

Yohan, I would like to add some emphasis to this, if you'll allow me.

I wonder what kind of moral lives these Muslims live out.

I have heard some truly terrible (sickening) things about Arabian Muslims in particular (not Egyptians). But if it is true, none of them should enter into the West.
What some Salafist cleric may or may not say does not change what the Islamic religion itself says. Just because a Buddhist cleric in Myanmar or a Christian Orthodox cleric in Serbia or Greece incites genocide against Muslims does not mean that Buddhism or Christianity permit genocide.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Misko_Varesanovic wrote:
Adama wrote:There are a few things I can name which need to be wiped from the face of the earth immediately:

1. Fractional Reserve Banking.
2. Usury.
3. Zionism.
4. Feminism.
5. Islam.

The world would be an infinitely better place without these five things.
This is absolutely priceless. Number 5 is categorically opposed to 1 and 2, and has serious reservations about 3 and 4.

And yet you claim what is potentially your best ally should be eradicated. No wonder you guys are in trouble.

Well at first glace you might think that because Islam is opposed to feminism that Islam is therefore a friend to mankind. But that conclusion doesn't necessarily follow. Islam is pure bondage at best. There is no sense in destroying feminism to be placed under the yoke of Islam. Christianity is also against those things, but it doesn't put us under grievous bondage, and neither is it a false gospel for a false god.
Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster

Yohan wrote:https://www.dawn.com/news/791491

It's already a few years ago, but this is how a small Christian community is treated by Muslims - in a Muslim country.

Full story click on the link above.
LAHORE: A mob enraged over alleged blasphemy set on fire a number of houses belonging to Christians in Badami Bagh on Saturday.

There was no casualty as members of the Christian community, including women and children, had left the neighbourhood on Friday night after police advised them to do so.

A church and several shops were also torched by the mob. Police put the number of burnt houses at 125. Around 25 were arrested.

The blasphemy suspect was identified as 26-year-old Sawan Masih. Police took him into custody in the small hours of Saturday. Later a magistrate sent him on judicial remand.

Thousands of protesters armed with sticks, clubs and stones ransacked Joseph Colony, which is surrounded by iron warehouses, and then set over 100 residential properties as well as some motorcycles and rickshaws on fire.

A clash between the police and the arsonists left a number of people injured from both sides.

Fire-fighters succeeded in dousing the flames after battling for several hours.

A heavy police contingent cordoned off the area for rescue work.

As soon as businessmen saw the mob, they shuttered their shops and warehouses.

Witnesses and police said an angry crowd ransacked and burnt the entire locality comprising 175 small houses, a day after all Christian families left the area because police had alerted them to the possibility of an attack.

They said a majority of attackers who had lodged a protest a couple of days ago assembled on Noor Road, facing Joseph Colony, and started setting houses and shops on fire.

The affected people accused police of doing nothing to pre-empt the plunder.
.....the arson attacks began at around 11:30am and up to 7,000 people took part in it...
7000 people! And in this thread Islam apologists are telling me it's all only about a few extremists - freedom of religion in Islamic countries does exist and how much Muslims love and respect followers of other religions.... :roll:
Pakistan is a failing state with a very poor record on protecting minority rights. But it's not just some Christians who have a hard time out there - lots of Muslim groups and ethnicities, such as Shias, Baluchis and Pashtuns, have faced horrific violence at the hands of the Pakistani state and/or non-state armed groups, far greater in intensity and scope than anything experienced by Christians.

What you are deliberately ignoring is that religious violence is a problem in many contemporary Asian societies. And the fact remains that in much of Asia, being a Muslim or a Christian in a Buddhist-majority country is far worse than being a Buddhist or a Christian in a Muslim-majority country. Myanmar and Sri Lanka - both Buddhist-majority nations - are human rights basket cases when it comes to religious freedom. They don't just occasionally riot against minorities or place relatively minor publishing restrictions on them - they kill and ethnically cleanse 'infidels' on an enormous scale.

The really sad thing is that your evident and irrational hatred of all things Muslim and Islamic is blinding you to the fact that the same forces who are against Muslims are very often extremely hostile to Christians. Serious anti-Christian violence in countries such as India has almost been normalised, but because that state currently has a right-wing Hindu-nationalist government, you are prepared to swallow that as a 'price' of 'progress'.

Same thing in Israel. Are you even aware that huge numbers of Palestinians are not even Muslim, but Christian? Did you know that in Bethelem - the birth-place of Jesus Christ, no less - Muslims have been entrusted with the key to the Church of the Nativity by their Christian neighbours for centuries?

http://www.newsweek.com/bethlehem-easte ... ans-584908

Bethlehem is Struggling to Protect the Church of the Nativity

'The woman who holds the key didn’t want to talk.

'She goes by A’abla, and she’s a member of a Muslim family entrusted with the key to the church in Bethlehem, the West Bank city where Christians believe Jesus was born.'