Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


The Truth Behind Islam

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: March 13th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by Misko_Varesanovic » November 26th, 2017, 10:50 pm

Yohan wrote:
November 24th, 2017, 7:47 pm
I am somewhat confused when reading your comment. How come that not even one Islamic Republic is representative for Islam.
Isn't that rather contradictory?


Now Egypt has its problem again with Muslims - they do not attack Christians anymore obviously, but kill other Muslims in the mosque....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ttack.html
Egypt carries out air strikes targeting Islamic extremists near mosque where 235 worshippers - including children in a creche - were slaughtered in gun and bomb attack during prayers
More than 200 people killed after gun and bomb attack at Egyptian mosque
The mosque was packed for Friday prayers when the gunmen began their attack
At least 130 are also reported to have been injured as medics rush to the scene
Some reports suggest terrorists shot down survivors who fled the initial bomb
President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi vowed to respond with 'brutal force' to the attack
I never hear something like that about any other religion.
Because the idea of an 'Islamic republic' is not an indigenous concept. It's a Western concept (the republic) which was adapted very, very badly to a few Muslim-majority countries from the mid-20th century onwards. No Islamic republic existed before 1948: the Mogul Empire, Ottoman Empire, Fatimid Empire etc. were not Islamic republics or even Islamic states. Even today, most Muslims do not live in Islamic republics.
Last edited by Misko_Varesanovic on November 26th, 2017, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: March 13th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by Misko_Varesanovic » November 26th, 2017, 11:01 pm

Yohan wrote:
November 24th, 2017, 7:47 pm
Now Egypt has its problem again with Muslims - they do not attack Christians anymore obviously, but kill other Muslims in the mosque....
The vast majority of terrorist victims of so-called Islamist terror groups are, in fact, Muslims. According to the University of Ghent professor Rik Coolsaet, from the early 1990s to the mid-2000s, of an estimated 179,000 victims of this variant of terrorism, approximately 175,000 (more than 97.7%) were located in the Muslim world. This is one reason why so many people are so skeptical about the claimed identity of Al-Qaeda and similar groups.

I doubt whether the emergence of ISIS has changed these proportions very much because they overwhelmingly operate in failed or failing and/or bombed out states in the Middle East. One of the contemporary world's many ironies is that without US bombing of countries such as Iraq and Libya, ISIS might not even exist.

xtravel
Freshman Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: July 10th, 2015, 8:06 pm

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by xtravel » December 3rd, 2017, 6:39 pm

Islam is a mental illness.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3068
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by Yohan » December 7th, 2017, 3:52 pm


xtravel
Freshman Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: July 10th, 2015, 8:06 pm

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by xtravel » December 12th, 2017, 2:34 pm

Crickets from the usual suspects.

Probably mourning Don's defeat of ISIS.

Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: March 13th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by Misko_Varesanovic » December 14th, 2017, 10:12 pm

xtravel wrote:
December 12th, 2017, 2:34 pm
Crickets from the usual suspects.

Probably mourning Don's defeat of ISIS.
Dude, Iraqis are literally dancing in the streets because ISIS have been defeated:

Iraq celebrates victory over ISIS

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi arrived in Mosul on July 9, 2017 to congratulate the Iraq armed forces for wresting the country's second-largest city. Following the news, countless citizens took to the streets to celebrate the victory.


http://www.nydailynews.com/news/iraqis- ... =1.3313365

I wonder why?

"In cases where the religious affiliation of terrorism casualties could be determined, Muslims suffered between 82 and 97% of terrorism-related fatalities over the past five years [2006-2011 - ISIS may even have increased this ratio]."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30883058

xtravel
Freshman Poster
Posts: 102
Joined: July 10th, 2015, 8:06 pm

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by xtravel » December 15th, 2017, 4:57 pm

Misko_Varesanovic wrote:
December 14th, 2017, 10:12 pm
xtravel wrote:
December 12th, 2017, 2:34 pm
Crickets from the usual suspects.

Probably mourning Don's defeat of ISIS.
Dude, Iraqis are literally dancing in the streets because ISIS have been defeated:

Iraq celebrates victory over ISIS

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi arrived in Mosul on July 9, 2017 to congratulate the Iraq armed forces for wresting the country's second-largest city. Following the news, countless citizens took to the streets to celebrate the victory.


http://www.nydailynews.com/news/iraqis- ... =1.3313365

I wonder why?

"In cases where the religious affiliation of terrorism casualties could be determined, Muslims suffered between 82 and 97% of terrorism-related fatalities over the past five years [2006-2011 - ISIS may even have increased this ratio]."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30883058
I've no doubt Iraqi Shia are happy are happy about the defeat of ISIS.

I've my doubts Sunnis, including those posting on this thread, are happy. ISIS represented your shock troops for establishing your world wide caliphate. Now that Don let his field commanders define rules of engagement vs the nonsense W and Hussein used, ISIS is getting crushed.

Eventually Sunnis won't be able to come to the USA and that will help immensely after Europe does the same.

Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: March 13th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by Misko_Varesanovic » December 15th, 2017, 9:49 pm

xtravel wrote:
December 15th, 2017, 4:57 pm
Misko_Varesanovic wrote:
December 14th, 2017, 10:12 pm
xtravel wrote:
December 12th, 2017, 2:34 pm
Crickets from the usual suspects.

Probably mourning Don's defeat of ISIS.
Dude, Iraqis are literally dancing in the streets because ISIS have been defeated:

Iraq celebrates victory over ISIS

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi arrived in Mosul on July 9, 2017 to congratulate the Iraq armed forces for wresting the country's second-largest city. Following the news, countless citizens took to the streets to celebrate the victory.


http://www.nydailynews.com/news/iraqis- ... =1.3313365

I wonder why?

"In cases where the religious affiliation of terrorism casualties could be determined, Muslims suffered between 82 and 97% of terrorism-related fatalities over the past five years [2006-2011 - ISIS may even have increased this ratio]."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30883058
I've no doubt Iraqi Shia are happy are happy about the defeat of ISIS.

I've my doubts Sunnis, including those posting on this thread, are happy. ISIS represented your shock troops for establishing your world wide caliphate. Now that Don let his field commanders define rules of engagement vs the nonsense W and Hussein used, ISIS is getting crushed.

Eventually Sunnis won't be able to come to the USA and that will help immensely after Europe does the same.
Firstly, Sunni Muslims are numerically the #1 victims of ISIS, even though it is correct to say that ISIS hates Shiites even more.

Secondly, you are aware that ISIS are not Sunnis, no? They are Takfiri Salafis who explicitly reject the four schools of Sunni ethics.

Thirdly, your curious theory about ISIS makes no sense: look who armed them. Sound familiar?

ISIL weapons traced to US and Saudi Arabia (14th December 2017)

'Weapons supplied by the United States and Saudi Arabia to opposition fighters often fell into the hands of ISIL, significantly enhancing the "quantity and quality" of the group's armaments, a new report alleges.

'The number of weapons goes "far beyond those that would have been available through battle capture alone", according to the study by arms-monitoring group Conflict Armament Research (CAR) published on Thursday.'

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/i ... 31586.html

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3068
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by Yohan » December 16th, 2017, 10:12 am

Sunni are not salafi, shia are not sunni - however this does not change the fact that they are all Muslims and terrorists are coming out of all these Muslim groups.

If weapons delivered from the US to Saudi Arabia fall into the hands of ISIS does not mean that the USA and Saudi Arabia support and agree with ISIS which is nothing but a terror group. Obviously these weapons were delivered to some other organization or government and stolen or maybe resold by that buyer.

It7s ridiculous to suppose that ISIS is ordering and paying USA directly for the delivery of weapons.

Muslims are fighting against Muslims who belong to different groups - this is true and is nothing new. You cannot blame however the Western world for that.

You only can blame Islam for this mess among Muslims themselves and nothing else.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3068
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by Yohan » December 16th, 2017, 10:24 am

xtravel wrote:
December 15th, 2017, 4:57 pm
I've no doubt Iraqi Shia are happy about the defeat of ISIS.

I've my doubts Sunnis, including those posting on this thread, are happy. ISIS represented your shock troops for establishing your world wide caliphate. Now that Don let his field commanders define rules of engagement vs the nonsense W and Hussein used, ISIS is getting crushed.

Eventually Sunnis won't be able to come to the USA and that will help immensely after Europe does the same.
I don't care really if Sunnis kill Shias or Shias kill ISIS-fighters etc. Muslims have to regulate their own problems by themselves and please do us a favor - all Muslims, regardless of which group, please stay away from the Western world. You are not welcome.

I never understand why all these Muslims want to live in USA and EU among all these infidels and pagans.
Why do you not stay in a Muslim country if you love Islam so much?

These illegal Muslim immigrants are totally uneducated, have a tendency to intolerance and violence, are often into criminality and are unable to integrate into Western society. They also create at least 10 children and expect the infidel to pay for their housing and expect benefits like free food and free medical treatment. - We do not need such people in our countries.

On the other side, Islamic governments are not known to welcome people of other faith.

Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: March 13th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by Misko_Varesanovic » January 13th, 2018, 12:37 am

Yohan wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 10:24 am
xtravel wrote:
December 15th, 2017, 4:57 pm
These illegal Muslim immigrants are totally uneducated, have a tendency to intolerance and violence, are often into criminality and are unable to integrate into Western society. They also create at least 10 children and expect the infidel to pay for their housing and expect benefits like free food and free medical treatment. - We do not need such people in our countries.
Exactly right. That's why they are either more highly-educated than ethnic English people or Americans in the respective cases of the UK and the USA, or - where their educational attainment levels are lower than average, like in Germany, they have far higher rates of entrepreneurship than the average population.

Ethnic minorities substantially more likely to go to university than their White British peers (10/11/2015)

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/8042

Image

Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: March 13th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by Misko_Varesanovic » January 13th, 2018, 12:37 am

Misko_Varesanovic wrote:
January 13th, 2018, 12:37 am
Yohan wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 10:24 am
xtravel wrote:
December 15th, 2017, 4:57 pm
These illegal Muslim immigrants are totally uneducated, have a tendency to intolerance and violence, are often into criminality and are unable to integrate into Western society. They also create at least 10 children and expect the infidel to pay for their housing and expect benefits like free food and free medical treatment. - We do not need such people in our countries.
Exactly right. That's why they are either more highly-educated than ethnic English people or Americans in the respective cases of the UK and the USA, or - where their educational attainment levels are lower than average, like in Germany, they have far higher rates of entrepreneurship than the average population.

Ethnic minorities substantially more likely to go to university than their White British peers (10/11/2015)

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/8042

Image

Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: March 13th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by Misko_Varesanovic » January 13th, 2018, 12:37 am

Yohan wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 10:24 am
These illegal Muslim immigrants are totally uneducated, have a tendency to intolerance and violence, are often into criminality and are unable to integrate into Western society. They also create at least 10 children and expect the infidel to pay for their housing and expect benefits like free food and free medical treatment. - We do not need such people in our countries.
Exactly right. That's why they are either more highly-educated than ethnic English people or Americans in the respective cases of the UK and the USA, or - where their educational attainment levels are lower than average, like in Germany, they have far higher rates of entrepreneurship than the average population.

Ethnic minorities substantially more likely to go to university than their White British peers (10/11/2015)

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/8042

Image
[/quote]

Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: March 13th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by Misko_Varesanovic » January 13th, 2018, 12:38 am

Misko_Varesanovic wrote:
January 13th, 2018, 12:37 am
Yohan wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 10:24 am
These illegal Muslim immigrants are totally uneducated, have a tendency to intolerance and violence, are often into criminality and are unable to integrate into Western society. They also create at least 10 children and expect the infidel to pay for their housing and expect benefits like free food and free medical treatment. - We do not need such people in our countries.
Exactly right. That's why they are either more highly-educated than ethnic English people or Americans in the respective cases of the UK and the USA, or - where their educational attainment levels are lower than average, like in Germany, they have far higher rates of entrepreneurship than the average population.

Ethnic minorities substantially more likely to go to university than their White British peers (10/11/2015)

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/8042

Image

Misko_Varesanovic
Freshman Poster
Posts: 142
Joined: March 13th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Re: The Truth Behind Islam

Post by Misko_Varesanovic » January 13th, 2018, 12:38 am

Misko_Varesanovic wrote:
January 13th, 2018, 12:38 am
Misko_Varesanovic wrote:
January 13th, 2018, 12:37 am
Yohan wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 10:24 am
These illegal Muslim immigrants are totally uneducated, have a tendency to intolerance and violence, are often into criminality and are unable to integrate into Western society. They also create at least 10 children and expect the infidel to pay for their housing and expect benefits like free food and free medical treatment. - We do not need such people in our countries.
Exactly right. That's why they are either more highly-educated than ethnic English people or Americans in the respective cases of the UK and the USA, or - where their educational attainment levels are lower than average, like in Germany, they have far higher rates of entrepreneurship than the average population.

Ethnic minorities substantially more likely to go to university than their White British peers (10/11/2015)

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/8042

Image

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Religion and Spirituality”