Are these three Bible verses true?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Could these three verses from the Bible be true?

Yes, the verses listed are true.
40%
No, of course they are not true.
60%

Total votes: 5
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are these three Bible verses true?

Post by Adama »

HouseMD wrote:
Adama wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Ghost wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:How, then, do you get this person to realise there is only one right way?
By threatening that they'll burn in hell if they don't believe your way?

But seriously, I've noticed that whenever someone is invoking God against others (because the others don't believe the "right" way) that the person is really just invoking his own ego. So when Adama says God's going to burn others in hell, what he's saying is he wants us to burn in hell. He's even said words to that effect - that he hopes others will burn in hell. Quite contrary to the idea of wanting to "save souls" and "win people for the kingdom." At the very least, you'd think his perspective would be one of seeing it as tragic, but he takes glee in it. And so I remember that when psychopaths invoke God, they are really just invoking their own ego.
+1

Men like him just like to revel in their belief that no matter how awful their lives are right now, they're winning later. Schadenfreude is hardly virtuous.
Ouch. I'm personally offended by both of your comments. I am not complaining. I am informing you. Since you are both fellow Christians, also known as brothers, you should know not to proceed in this manner against me. I am your brother, not your enemy.
I know enough to know that no one is good enough to pass through the gates of heaven, and it is by the grace of God we are saved. Your words tend to reek of self-righteousness, aggrandizing yourself and your knowledge. That is not, in my opinion, the way to go about things. I do good works. If it ever comes up, I let people know I am Christian, and that I do good in the name of Jesus and follow his example, albeit poorly. You sell salvation through fear rather than through hope, and that is not something by which I can abide.

That's your problem. Everything I have written here states that salvation is by grace through faith. Am I lying?

If I am self-righteous then the Lord Himself will smite me. I wouldn't take it upon myself to do something such as that to another person unless I was for sure that's what God wants. Now if you are sure that God wants you to insult me, then you are doing what you feel is required and I can't blame you for that.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

HouseMD wrote:You sell salvation through fear rather than through hope, and that is not something by which I can abide.
Let me ask you then. Did the Lord send you to knock me down? The Lord Himself says it is okay to save through fear:

Jude 1:23 KJV And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Adama wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Ghost wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:How, then, do you get this person to realise there is only one right way?

But seriously, I've noticed that whenever someone is invoking God against others (because the others don't believe the "right" way) that the person is really just invoking his own ego. So when Adama says God's going to burn others in hell, what he's saying is he wants us to burn in hell. He's even said words to that effect - that he hopes others will burn in hell. Quite contrary to the idea of wanting to "save souls" and "win people for the kingdom." At the very least, you'd think his perspective would be one of seeing it as tragic, but he takes glee in it. And so I remember that when psychopaths invoke God, they are really just invoking their own ego.
+1

Men like him just like to revel in their belief that no matter how awful their lives are right now, they're winning later. Schadenfreude is hardly virtuous.

You should re-think this. I see something deeper here which I will explain to you now.

Do you not expect to be winning later, doctor? I mean, isn't that what going to heaven is all about? Isn't that why Jesus loved the poor so much? Isn't that why the poor will inherit the kingdom? Isn't that what the story of Lazarus and the Rich man is about?

Basically you are saying that you have lots of riches now, and that my life sucks now, and that my only hope is to have riches in heaven later. I'd rather have my awful life now than have my awful life in the after life.

TO THAT I SAY AMEN!

I would hate to have much wealth and riches now, only to go to hell. What is it that Jesus said?

Matthew 16:25 KJV For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Matthew 16:26 KJV For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Matthew 19:23 KJV Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Proverbs 30:8 KJV Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
Proverbs 30:9 KJV Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

But here I go yet again, invoking the Word of God against you. Yet here you return each time.
You have a serious misunderstanding of the passages, but I have neither the time nor energy to correct you. We are God's stewards, even those of us who have money. The lines about wealth leading away from God are largely about the corrupting nature of pursuing wealth over faith. Wealth, which I do not yet have, is incidental to my life- I live a Spartan existence, and always have done so.

Reveling in the suffering of others is a decidedly un-Christian thing to do. And using a reverence of God as an excuse for why you have not lived your life to the fullest is cowardly and pathetic- one can be devout in the faith while also doing well for themself and their community.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Matthew 5:22 KJV
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Neither of you two should insult me in any way whatsoever. You don't know the law. Therefore you cannot be an enforcer of the law. That's like a policeman who doesn't know the law. Therefore maybe you should refrain, before you break some commandments of the Lord.

If you are really a Christian, then you have violated a direct commandment set forth in this verse. Oh is that me using God against you, my fellow Christian, who should know the law? And knowing it, you shouldn't be violating this law against me. But of course this too will be more evidence of me using God against you. Why bother interacting with me here?

And if what I do is post God's Words and you hate for me for reason, are you truly of God?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Adama wrote:
HouseMD wrote:You sell salvation through fear rather than through hope, and that is not something by which I can abide.
Let me ask you then. Did the Lord send you to knock me down? The Lord Himself says it is okay to save through fear:

Jude 1:23 KJV And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
The problem is that you place fear above love. Do as you like, but I find such efforts pathetic- above all else God is both loving and forgiving.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

HouseMD wrote:
Adama wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Ghost wrote:

+1

You should re-think this. I see something deeper here which I will explain to you now.

Do you not expect to be winning later, doctor? I mean, isn't that what going to heaven is all about? Isn't that why Jesus loved the poor so much? Isn't that why the poor will inherit the kingdom? Isn't that what the story of Lazarus and the Rich man is about?

Basically you are saying that you have lots of riches now, and that my life sucks now, and that my only hope is to have riches in heaven later. I'd rather have my awful life now than have my awful life in the after life.

TO THAT I SAY AMEN!

I would hate to have much wealth and riches now, only to go to hell. What is it that Jesus said?

Matthew 16:25 KJV For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Matthew 16:26 KJV For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Matthew 19:23 KJV Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Proverbs 30:8 KJV Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
Proverbs 30:9 KJV Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

But here I go yet again, invoking the Word of God against you. Yet here you return each time.
You have a serious misunderstanding of the passages, but I have neither the time nor energy to correct you. We are God's stewards, even those of us who have money. The lines about wealth leading away from God are largely about the corrupting nature of pursuing wealth over faith. Wealth, which I do not yet have, is incidental to my life- I live a Spartan existence, and always have done so.

Reveling in the suffering of others is a decidedly un-Christian thing to do. And using a reverence of God as an excuse for why you have not lived your life to the fullest is cowardly and pathetic- one can be devout in the faith while also doing well for themself and their community.
How is it that I can revel in someone's sufferings? How is that possible? Am I licking my lips? Whose suffering am I reveling in? I do not know of what is currently going on in hell, and as far as I know, no one is suffering. Do you mean someone's future sufferings? Well I can't know who will be going to hell either. I don't know who is or who isnt going, except that THE LORD said unbelievers are ALL going to hell. Is that reveling? Why would I revel in such a thing? That's me informing people of the facts.

You've also further insulted me, your brother, by calling me both cowardly and pathetic, while calling me un-Christian. Is that me reveling? No, that is me simply restating exactly what you wrote.

If I am spreading God's Word and you are God's, what is your problem? Don't you belong to God? Yet you oppose me spreading His Word? There's a disconnect there.

Oh am I lifting myself up? On an internet forum? That tells me something. This is mostly anonymous. I will never meet these men, except for in heaven. Why would I want to lift myself up? Don't you see they hate me for speaking God's words? Just as you hate me for the same reason. Yet you would say I uplift myself. No, you just hate God's Words.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Adama wrote:Matthew 5:22 KJV
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Neither of you two should insult me in any way whatsoever. You don't know the law. Therefore you cannot be an enforcer of the law. That's like a policeman who doesn't know the law. Therefore maybe you should refrain, before you break some commandments of the Lord.

If you are really a Christian, then you have violated a direct commandment set forth in this verse. Oh is that me using God against you, my fellow Christian, who should know the law? And knowing it, you shouldn't be violating this law against me. But of course this too will be more evidence of me using God against you. Why bother interacting with me here?

And if what I do is post God's Words and you hate for me for reason, are you truly of God?
The difference between you and I is that I do not seek perfection- I know I am sinful, for I am human. I leave God to judge me. But know this- you are not a good person, and that is why you are and have remained on my ignore list. Hiding behind all the scripture in the world does not change that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

HouseMD wrote:
Adama wrote:

The problem is that you place fear above love. Do as you like, but I find such efforts pathetic- above all else God is both loving and forgiving.
First, I believe saving people by any means necessary. You should never attack ANY method of soul winning. NONE. The method which is effective is a good one. Does it take a doctor to understand this? How can you not understand that?

Secondly, all I did was post the verse. Were you simply poised for the attack?

Jesus Himself saved with fear. What do you think the word condemn means? What do you think hellfire means? What do you think judgment means?

You men are not wise. You do not love God. You do not love God's Word. You don't even love Jesus. You hate Him far more than you hate me. Otherwise you would be with me, not against me.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Adama wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Adama wrote:

First, I believe saving people by any means necessary. You should never attack ANY method of soul winning. NONE. The method which is effective is a good one. Does it take a doctor to understand this? How can you not understand that?

Jesus Himself saved with fear. What do you think the word condemn means? What do you think hellfire means? What do you think judgment means?

You men are not wise. You do not love God. You do not love God's Word. You don't even love Jesus. You hate Him far more than you hate me. Otherwise you would be with me, not against me.
I know enough to know you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Repulsing people by making them see Christianity as a religion of fear is no way to win souls, and it makes my job all that much harder when I'm talking to people and they instantly get on the defensive because of people like you.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

HouseMD wrote:

The difference between you and I is that I do not seek perfection- I know I am sinful, for I am human. I leave God to judge me. But know this- you are not a good person, and that is why you are and have remained on my ignore list. Hiding behind all the scripture in the world does not change that.
Dude? I gave less than 0 cents about your ignore list? Did I come find you? YOU HAVE ME ON IGNORE YET YOU TYPE AND RESPOND TO ME? What kind of ignore list are you using? Did you redefine ignore, because if you had ignored me, you would not have been writing to me.

Also, I know I am sinful, but I try to refrain from committing sins that I can control. I can certainly refrain from insulting a brother. But we are supposed to seek perfection. Jesus said if you love me, keep my commandments.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

HouseMD wrote:
Adama wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Adama wrote:

I know enough to know you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Repulsing people by making them see Christianity as a religion of fear is no way to win souls, and it makes my job all that much harder when I'm talking to people and they instantly get on the defensive because of people like you.
No, it's you. You're the one making things ugly. You and the other unbelieving Christian Mr Ghost. Everything which you have blamed me for is what you are guilty of. It's shameful. You don't like the word hell, that's your problem. You don't like the words that Jesus used, that's going to be your explaining.
Last edited by Adama on May 2nd, 2016, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Whatever dude. That was the last time I'm clicking show ignored post, so enjoy talking to yourself.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

HouseMD wrote:Whatever dude. That was the last time I'm clicking show ignored post, so enjoy talking to yourself.

This from a doctor. I have been talking to myself all along, right while you were writing..back to me, right? This man is a doctor?

I know why you have a hard time when you're knocking doors and trying to get people saved. It's because you yourself fear the gospel and can't even bear to hear the words yourself. That's how sad you are. You're afraid of the words in the Bible, yet you go soul winning? How can such a person be effective if he is so fearful of the very words that he would need to use to be effective? Don't answer that, because you have me on ignore. Go in peace and leave me.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

HouseMD wrote: Your words tend to reek of self-righteousness, aggrandizing yourself and your knowledge. That is not, in my opinion, the way to go about things. I do good works.
I am not the one who goes around telling everyone how proud I am by my profession as indicated by your username of "HouseMD" and your posts about how you "save lives." I also do not go around telling anyone that "I do good works." Who is it here who is the braggart, the self-aggrandizer, the hypocrite? The hater of God.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

HouseMD wrote:

I just re-read this and now I see what your definition of a good person is. A good person can't be a person who wants to save others through fear. But certainly you define a good person by whether or not they have achieved the ignore status on your list. That says more about you than me. That is hardly any real measure of goodness. That's rather like arbitrary reasoning, because I said so. And you belong to God? You're a steward for God? Do you mean you are the pharasaic husbandmen who think they are ruling this world in God's stead?