Are these three Bible verses true?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Could these three verses from the Bible be true?

Yes, the verses listed are true.
40%
No, of course they are not true.
60%

Total votes: 5
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are these three Bible verses true?

Post by Adama »

1 Timothy 1:16: “Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.”
1 Timothy 4:10: “For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
2 Timothy 3:15: “And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 3:18: “And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Hebrews 4:2: “For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are these three verses from the Bible true?

Post by Adama »

cdnFA wrote:
Adama wrote:More from the Old Testament
Psalm 89:30 KJV
[30]If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
Psalm 89:31 KJV
[31]If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
Psalm 89:32 KJV
[32] Then will I visit their transgression with the rod,
and their iniquity with stripes.
Psalm 89:33 KJV
[33]Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
Psalm 89:34 KJV
[34]My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing
that is gone out of my lips.
Wait a moment, as one cultist friend I know explains it, and he does know his bible well, the coming of Jesus did alter the covenant.
It is the reason we are not expected to keep Kosher and the other 600 odd retarded rules that folks were expected to follow.

https://www.gci.org/law/otl04
https://www.gci.org/law/otl10

Hebrews 7:18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless
8:13 By calling this covenant “new,”o he has made the first one obsolete;p and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Really, if cultists ever actually read that 10 pound sleeping pill with an objective and questioning mind, Christianity would be toast. Most religions would be.
It is just littered with contradictions and pure evil.

Stick with Cthulhu, why settle for the lessor evil.

Sorry, but you are wrong. The Lord never altered His promises of eternal life and mercy for all those who put their trust in Him. What happened was the First Coming of Christ. That is the priests of the LEVI tribe no longer had to offer sacrifices to God, because Jesus sacrificed Himself for our sins. Therefore since there was no longer a need for that priesthood to offer sacrifice, there had to be a change because God Himself became the sacrifice. Those Levite priests no longer had to offer sacrifices because Jesus is the sacrifice for once and for all. The sacrifices of old were a forecasting of Jesus sacrificing Himself on the cross for our sins. That is that Jesus IS the LAMB of GOD, slain from the foundation of the world. The priests were sacrificing lambs, the same way that Abel did before Cain slew him, which was a foreshadowing or a picture of our salvation through our faith in the Lord and His sacrifice, since He is the lamb of God who is blessed forever amen.

Now you can see, God is not a liar, and there is no contradiction whatsoever in the King James Bible. Now believe and be saved.

I love Hebrews 8:13, but you should also quote Hebrews 8:12 KJV:
[12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. That's the same promise He made in the OT.
Do you remember this?
Psalm 89:33 KJV
[33]Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.

Sounds just like the promise in Hebrews 8:12 to me, just with His mercies reworded. Before God said that He would not suffer his faithfulness to fail. Now He says that He will be merciful to our unrighteousness and He will not even remember our sins. That seems like the promise is either the same or even improved. Only a fool would complain about receiving a greater gift than was originally promised even when that first promise's result will still be achieved (that is an increase grants what was originally promised plus more, so that nothing is lost).

This is the promise in the OT: Genesis 15:6: “And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
This is the promise in the NT: Romans 4:3: “For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.”

The same promises God made in the OT, He made in the NT. Just this time, Jesus is the sacrifice, not actual lambs.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Let's say there is a man who has a good employer. The employer promises that man $1500 for each day's labor he completes. The man is happy with that deal.

Later on the employer realizes that a change is necessary. He goes to his employee and tells him that instead of working eight hours a day, from now on a work day will consist of only four hours. But the pay will remain the same at $1500.

Does that man look at his employer and call him a liar?

Has there been a change? Yes. Has the employer altered any of his promises? No, but he gave the man a better deal.

Only a fool would complain about getting a better deal, especially when all the promises from the old deal are still there, just the obligations on the part of the man have been lessened.

Oh, but that is an excuse for the haters of God to justify their hatred for Him.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 17th, 2019, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Nothing has been changed as proven by the multitude of other scriptures which tell us salvation is by faith (belief) alone in Jesus, without works. I have posted multiple verses from many different books in the Bible which all state the same exact thing but explained in different words. Each book of the Bible verifies the doctrine of all the other books through consistency which proves the KJB has not been tampered with.

Jesus Himself also said the same things in multiple different ways just so people would get it, but there are some who will never get it, searching for things which are not there, instead of just believing the scriptures.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

The Bible literally screams "Believe and be saved" and "Believe not and be condemned" everywhere in every place. I think people who understand that but won't accept that have really short changed themselves of the treasures they could have had in heaven.

The translators of the KJV were experts who knew over a dozen languages each, even ones that are dead, like Latin. The King James Bible is consistent throughout. It is clear that salvation is by grace through faith. It is not a massive metaphor of some kind. It is what it says. That's why it's repeated so often so that everyone gets it. I would rather trust their translation than the words of philosophers and scholars who don't even claim to believe one word of the Bible.

As far as reincarnation, I have already stated all that needs to be said. The Bible is consistent throughout as I have proven. If there is one clear scripture that clearly states that men live and die only once, I would go with that rather than the vague interpretations of parables by unbelievering scholars. The wisdom of men is foolishness to God.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 17th, 2019, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I see it now. If a person won't believe one scripture, they won't believe despite seeing a dozen verses in different books which all show that salvation is by faith in Jesus alone. I have experienced this a few times in person, in which so called Bible believing Christians can't understand (or rather won't) that salvation is the gift of God through our faith in Jesus Christ. It just says believe and be saved, but they want to confuse the issue with other matters which God didn't even say matters as far as salvation is concerned.

They stumble at their own stumbling block, one of pride in their own works, or worse the hatred for God because of how holy He is compared to their filthiness.

Jude 1:5 KJV
[5] I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

Psalms 78:22 KJV
[22]Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation:

Romans 10:3 KJV
[3]For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Galatians 3:26: KJV
[26]For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Ghost wrote:"Vague?" How was Job being vague when he said that he will return to his mother's womb? How was Jesus being vague when he said that John the Baptist IS Elijah? How were the disciples being vague when they asked if the blind man had sinned (in a past life) to cause his blindness?

So either the Bible says what it says or it doesn't. Which is it?

There are many more references to reincarnation in the Bible than there are references to a flat earth.
No, you just seek to misunderstand it intentionally because you want to believe in reincarnation, and you also don't want to believe that salvation comes by faith. Despite any evidence you are shown, you will never believe anything if it is contrary to what you've already chosen to believe. That is, there is no fact or detail which is proof for you, because you don't care for proof, although you claim you do. You just want to see things which are not there because you want to believe in the false doctrine of reincarnation, rather than simply believing in Christ and being rewarded with heaven for that simplicity. There will be no do-overs. Life is not a video game with a reset button. There is only one shot.

Titus 3:10 KJV
[10] A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

I've already given you the requisite number of admonitions.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 17th, 2019, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I can't believe this. The man would rather believe that Job could literally re-enter his mother's womb, rather than believe in salvation in Jesus by faith alone. That really shows us how confused some people are, who deceive themselves.

Titus 3:11 KJV
[11] Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 17th, 2019, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

God foreknew.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 KJV
[10]And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

[11]And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

[12]That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.