Are these three Bible verses true?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Could these three verses from the Bible be true?

Yes, the verses listed are true.
40%
No, of course they are not true.
60%

Total votes: 5
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Are these three Bible verses true?

Post by Adama »

John 5:24 KJV
[24]Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 6:37 KJV
[37] All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 10:28 KJV
[28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them
out of my hand

When I break it down like this:
He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me-
  • hath everlasting life
  • shall not come into condemnation
  • is passed from death unto life
  • him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
  • I give unto them eternal life
  • they shall never perish
  • neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand
It seems that in just three verses, Jesus not only promises eternal life for everyone who believes in Him, but He also says that once we believe salvation can't be lost. That is what He means when He says they shall never perish. If He is God then when He says they shall never perish, He means it. That means no going back. To further emphasize this, He goes on to say they shall not come into condemnation, they're passed from death (meaning hell) unto life (meaning everlasting life). He then goes on to say that there is no way He would cast anyone out from eternal life once they believe. That is what He means by "in no wise cast out." He goes on to re-emphasize this point by citing its corollary. That is that no one will be able to pull the believers away from Him. That is what He means when He says no one is going to "pluck" the believers out of His hand. Upon believing in Jesus, eternal life is granted, along with eternal security. Jesus did not mention works, sacraments, baptism, keeping the commandments or any of that. He just says to put all your faith in Him. God knows how to keep the believers out of temptation. He also tells us that anyone who is capable of murder doesn't have eternal life. That means that once eternal life is granted (upon belief in Jesus), premeditated murder becomes impossible for the believer [1 John 3:15], because it is God who holds the power over life and death, and He isn't going to let the believers destroy their own souls.

For breaking the commandments, there is punishment in this life. [1 Corinthians 5:1-5]
Last edited by Adama on April 27th, 2016, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are these three verses from the Bible true?

Post by fschmidt »

No
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

fschmidt wrote:No
I am surprised the Jews do not believe in Jesus, because He was spoken about in the Old Testament. Fschmidt, do you believe these verses from the Old Testament?

Psalm 2:12 KJV
[12]Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Daniel 3:25 KJV
[25]He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
[9]For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Genesis 15:6 KJV
[6] And he believed in the Lord ; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Here are some more verses that help verify the first three posted above.

1 John 5:13 KJV
[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

John 6:47 KJV**
[47] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 10:42 KJV*
[42] And many believed on him there.

Romans 4:3 KJV**
[3] For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

James 2:23 KJV
[23] And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Acts 5:14 KJV
[14] And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

Acts 16:30-31 KJV**
[30] And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? [31] And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

I was told to come forth and receive eternal life, but I came in fifth and all I got was a toaster.

Oh and
"I am surprised the Jews do not believe in Jesus, because He was spoken about in the Old Testament. Fschmidt, do you believe these verses from the Old Testament?

[12]Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

[25]He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

[9]For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

[6] And he believed in the Lord ; and he counted it to him for righteousness."

None of those phrases actually mention Jesus or the NT. Only a cultist would automatically assume it does. None of those passages are in anyway inconsistent with someone who is still waiting for a messiah. That you would use these passages as a reason to be surprised that the Jews don't believe in that Jesus fellow is pretty weak thinking.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

More from the Old Testament
Psalm 89:30 KJV
[30]If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
Psalm 89:31 KJV
[31]If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
Psalm 89:32 KJV
[32] Then will I visit their transgression with the rod,
and their iniquity with stripes.
Psalm 89:33 KJV
[33]Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
Psalm 89:34 KJV
[34]My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing
that is gone out of my lips.

Romans 3:3 KJV
[3]For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed
God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Romans 3:4KJV
[4]Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Romans 3:5KJV
[5]But to him that worketh not, but believeth on
him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Romans 3:6 KJV
[6]Even as David also describeth the blessedness
of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Romans 3:7 KJV
[7]Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Romans 3:8 KJV
[8]Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
forgiven = past, covered.=present, will not impute=future
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Regarding the OP, it may be that JC was talking about some sort of deep understanding, rather than taking a deep breath and saying you belive He is God.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Cornfed wrote:Regarding the OP, it may be that JC was talking about some sort of deep understanding...
You are quite correct in your assessment, Cornfed. He was talking about the deep understanding of how to obtain eternal life by believing in Him.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

Adama wrote:More from the Old Testament
Psalm 89:30 KJV
[30]If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
Psalm 89:31 KJV
[31]If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
Psalm 89:32 KJV
[32] Then will I visit their transgression with the rod,
and their iniquity with stripes.
Psalm 89:33 KJV
[33]Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
Psalm 89:34 KJV
[34]My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing
that is gone out of my lips.
Wait a moment, as one cultist friend I know explains it, and he does know his bible well, the coming of Jesus did alter the covenant.
It is the reason we are not expected to keep Kosher and the other 600 odd retarded rules that folks were expected to follow.

https://www.gci.org/law/otl04
https://www.gci.org/law/otl10

Hebrews 7:18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless
8:13 By calling this covenant “new,”o he has made the first one obsolete;p and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Really, if cultists ever actually read that 10 pound sleeping pill with an objective and questioning mind, Christianity would be toast. Most religions would be.
It is just littered with contradictions and pure evil.

Stick with Cthulhu, why settle for the lessor evil.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Some purport that the Gospel of John was originally more in line with the Gospel of Phillip or the Gospel of Thomas, and that it was later heavily edited to attribute divinity to Jesus, around the time of the Council of Nicea.

The jews were, and always have been, waiting for a messiah to come in power and glory and rule with an iron rod, as foretold in their writings. They had absolutely no reason to assume that random passages and psalms about God forsaking his son, or the depths of his pain and punishment, had anything to do with their coming saviour. They would assume that either:

A. Such passages have nothing to do with any messiah.

B. The New Testament, being written centuries after the fact, was scripted with the knowledge of such passages in mind and therefore, purposely made to appear to have such a connection.

Jesus and his disciples clearly read and studied The Book of Enoch and considered it canon, and that would change everything, but no one, not catholic nor protestant nor adventist, wants to talk about that one.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

The_Adventurer wrote: Jesus and his disciples clearly read and studied The Book of Enoch and considered it canon, and that would change everything, but no one, not catholic nor protestant nor adventist, wants to talk about that one.

I know that Jesus quoted Enoch.

If you have some ideas on the implications of that, please do post, here or on a separate thread.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Jester wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote: Jesus and his disciples clearly read and studied The Book of Enoch and considered it canon, and that would change everything, but no one, not catholic nor protestant nor adventist, wants to talk about that one.

I know that Jesus quoted Enoch.

If you have some ideas on the implications of that, please do post, here or on a separate thread.

Let's make a new thread for any divergence into Enoch, any councils, or Constantine. I hope The Adventurist would be so kind as to make his own thread if he would like to delve into those topics. That might be better for both topics. Thanks for any consideration in this matter.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

It is easy to be saved, but there is only one way to be saved. Jesus told us the way is narrow. He also told us that most people will be going down the wrong path, which is the broad path, and that the broad path leads to destruction.

Define:strait NOUN

a narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water:
"the Strait of Gibraltar"
synonyms: channel · sound · inlet · stretch of water

The definition of strait is narrow. Now read the words of Our Lord here:

Matthew 7:13-14 KJV
[13]Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
[14]Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Strait and narrow are synonyms, which are in contrast with the words broad and wide.

John 14:6 KJV
[6]Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I don't expect most people to receive or even to understand what any of those words here mean. I am not surprised in particular to read that many of our daily posters either hate God altogether, refuse to acknowledge His divinity, or even that they think the Word of God has been tampered with.

Some of the Old Testament laws were temporary until the time of the reformation, which was the first coming of The Lord. Those laws pertain to washing, holidays, and food. We were released from those with the First Coming of Jesus.

John knew Jesus. The entire Bible as it is now in the King James Version is the Word of God. In the Ancient Days, Enoch was a prophet. Unfortunately for many faux Christians who want to believe in such things as corrupted DNA and Demons mating with humans, there has been a false book of Enoch written, with words from the NT inserted into it to make it seem as if it is from God, but it is not from God.

The Jews are looking for a violent messiah who will crush other people for them. Unfortunately for them, when Jesus came the first time, His goal was not to destroy the enemies of the Pharisees. His goal was to get people into heaven. It says it right there in John 3:15-17 that God sent Jesus into the world so that through belief in His name people could obtain salvation, meaning they'd have the Lord's righteousness imputed unto them when they believe so that they could get into heaven and avoid hell. The Jews of today are looking for a messiah who will unite the world's religions. Unfortunately, God is not about unity with demons.

John 3:17 KJV
[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

The Haters of God have a religion of their own. They are so fanatical about their hatred for the non-existent God that they go about studying the gospel in order to attempt to disprove it. They go on to become teachers and prophets of atheism. That seems like a terrible waste of time, if we are simply to die and go into the dust, for men to hate a person who doesn't exist. Why waste your time hating something that is false? Why not live your life, because life is short? There is so much for the unbelievers to enjoy before they die. Why do they bother with hating what they perceive to be empty and non existent?

The problem is that atheists' hatred for God actually means they know He exists. It is only that they hate Him deeply. I wonder if God will make those men suffer the fate of the false prophets. I believe the penalty for being a false teacher is much worse than the punishment for the average unbeliever who didn't preach false doctrine, because to whom much is given is much required. All that knowledge they have, they didnt use it for God, they attempted to use it against Him. True enemies of God and of Christ. I would almost feel sorry for them.

Here are some things that will happen for the unbelievers in the next world:

Isaiah 24 KJV
[17] Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.

[18] And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.

Isaiah 66 KJV
[24] And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Isaiah 28 KJV
[19] From the time that it goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only to understand the report.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

cdnFA wrote:I was told to come forth and receive eternal life, but I came in fifth and all I got was a toaster.

Oh and
"I am surprised the Jews do not believe in Jesus, because He was spoken about in the Old Testament. Fschmidt, do you believe these verses from the Old Testament?

[6] And he believed in the Lord ; and he counted it to him for righteousness."

None of those phrases actually mention Jesus or the NT. Only a cultist would automatically assume it does. None of those passages are in anyway inconsistent with someone who is still waiting for a messiah. That you would use these passages as a reason to be surprised that the Jews don't believe in that Jesus fellow is pretty weak thinking.
For once cdnfa is right. The Old Testament predicted a warrior king type of messiah who will be a powerful political ruler of Israel and bring Israel to the status of world power. That's what the Jews were waiting for, and still are I guess. Their messiah was supposed to be a political one, not a spiritual one. Ask any Judaism scholar. Jesus did not fit their idea of a messiah. The Jewish messiah was not supposed to die on a cross.

Plus many of the verses attributed to Jesus in the OT had nothing to do with a messiah. For example, the author of Matthew takes verses from Psalms out of context and claims they refer to a messiah, when they are just Kind David singing praises to the Lord. Yet the Bible concordance links the prophecies claimed in Matthew to verses that were totally taken out of context and don't refer to any messiah at all. Even a child can see this. It's an insult to the intelligence. The NT writers were desperate to find prophecies of Jesus fulfilled in the OT to validate their new Gospel. When they couldn't, they got desperate and starting taking random verses out of context. This is plain and clear to see. All you have to do is flip the pages footnoted in the book of Matthew. It's all in plain sight.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne