Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


-----

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Yohan » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:13 am

http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/got-questions.htm

Got Questions Gets
The Skull and Crossbones Award

In brief, Got Questions is a very influential and answer-giving once saved always saved group, which has undoubtedly misinformed thousands of precious souls seeking God's truth. Got Questions misleading answers regarding salvation issues are spiritual poison sprinkled throughout its ministry.


No idea, what kind of award this might be 'The Skull and Crossbones Award', but I think, it's about one cult against another one...

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/false-teachers/
http://www.thepathoftruth.com/false-teachers/s.michael-houdmann.htm

GotQuestions presents itself as the one-stop shop for answers to all your questions about God and the Bible, from a Christian perspective. We show that this is not true - their perspective is their own, one born of flesh, not the Spirit of God. His thoughts and ways are not men’s, and men’s are not His, no matter if they claim to represent Him.

Let the Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ speak against the presumptuous mockers and wicked men who take and use His Name in vain. Founder of GotQuestions.org, S. Michael Houdmann, claims to have received a “vision” from God “for helping people find answers to their Bible questions through the internet.”

His definition of a vision from God will not be found in the Bible, and the vision that is found there, Michael Houdmann does not believe in.

We say his vision and work is from none other than the god of this world, Satan, who has given them their “ministry.” This we know by the answers they give to many questions, which answers, presuming to be Biblical, are from another Bible, not God’s. That is to say, they preach an anti-Christ gospel, ...
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2219
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN







Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:54 am

You men here aren't interested in truth but rather in confrontation. Ahahahahaha. You pretend as if you seek the truth. You just seek better understanding. That's the last thing that motivates you. The sad thing is, since you have no truth or light in your soul, you think what you are doing is a good thing. You're piloted on automatic, not unlike an unthinking being, just following instinct rather than a higher purpose. Just the most base instinct, and apparently that is simply to destroy. You think you can somehow destroy someone else, specifically me, as if I matter, or as if your reach could touch me. No, you twist the scripture to your own destruction, not mine. When you men meet the Lord, Our God, you'll remember these words you've written here, and how at every turn you refused the love of the truth but rather chose hate. Keep going. I never had much hope for any of you anyway, but it had to be done.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:19 am

Yohan wrote:
Ghost wrote:Don't give us links or dodge the question (which will only cause me to press the issue further.) Answer it yourself. Just explain what you believe and why.


Well, it is the first time that Adama shows up with a link to show us from where he gets all his religious ideas.

http://www.gotquestions.org/about.html


This is not where I got my doctrine. My doctrine comes from the Bible. That website just happens to describe things the way I believe, mostly. But if you dont wish to believe, then that is fine with me.

Take note how you have become an adversary, despite claiming you just want answers.

Now if you had wanted to know the differences between the different denominations of Christianity, you simply could have read those descriptions on that site. Instead, you come out with an attack on someone's character. You had no interest in the actual message whatsoever.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:24 am

Yohan wrote:
No idea, what kind of award this might be 'The Skull and Crossbones Award', but I think, it's about one cult against another one...


So you had a genuine interest in discovering the differences between the various sects, and instead of reading up on them as any reasonable person would do, you simply decided to read something else altogether. Then you conclude it is simply one cult against another cult.

There. You have your answer. These are different cults which are against each other. Now you have your answer. You can stop asking me questions about it, since you have the answer you searched for.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:32 am

Remember. Instead of attacking the messenger, you should instead consider the validity of the message itself. Is the message true? If you hate the message, often those people will also hate the messenger. Attacking the messenger doesn't attack the message. It just signals that someone is full of contempt for the message and the messenger. The message itself never even gets evaluated for truth. ahahahaha So pathetic.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Yohan » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:04 pm

To compare your religious opinion and your link with other religious people and their links cannot be wrong nor is it adversary.

It is somewhat strange for me to observe that people claiming to be Christians are complaining against each other about their religious opinion and calling each other to be 'false teachers' who deserve ''The Skull and Crossbones Award'.

Interesting also to hear from you, that only I will go to hell, and all the others to heaven because they accepted Jesus, regardless if it is the right or the false one.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2219
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:52 pm

Yohan wrote:To compare your religious opinion and your link with other religious people and their links cannot be wrong nor is it adversary.

It is somewhat strange for me to observe that people claiming to be Christians are complaining against each other about their religious opinion and calling each other to be 'false teachers' who deserve ''The Skull and Crossbones Award'.

Interesting also to hear from you, that only I will go to hell, and all the others to heaven because they accepted Jesus, regardless if it is the right or the false one.


It's okay. We all know that even if you had read them, nothing would have sunk in. You'd still remain ignorant of the differences you claim to be so curious about. That's because you are not genuinely curious. You're just an adversary, as you have proven all along. If you had genuinely wanted knowledge, you would have found it. In fact, it would find its way to you. But since your goal is not knowledge, you will gain none.

You've also failed to compare my opinion with anything actually. All you did was blast against the website I posted, rather than bothering to read what that website itself had to say about the questions you sought answers for.

Now do me a favor and don't bother me anymore. Every answer you seek that I could give you can be found on that site. And again, especially since knowledge is not your goal, but rather to harass another person on the internet. haha.

Trust me, you will not be the only one there, although that shouldn't be of any comfort to you whatsoever. All unbelievers are condemned already. There is no question about it.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Ghost » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:13 am

Adama wrote:You just seek better understanding.


That's the point.

Just the most base instinct, and apparently that is simply to destroy. You think you can somehow destroy someone else, specifically me, as if I matter, or as if your reach could touch me.


Quit being so melodramatic. Yes, we're truly trying to destroy you by asking you questions, having a discussion, and pointing out things that don't make sense. :roll:

If you think I hate you, then you've never stared into the eyes of hate. There's a good quote out there, goes like this (paraphrasing): I should never take disagreement as persecution.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:21 am

I am not going to engage any of the three reprobates above.

Here is one verse showing soul winning, also known as spreading the gospel, referring to the OT:

Proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Oh look, soul winning took place in the Old Testament. If this was for the Hebrews only, there would be no need to win souls. They'd all be won over by their parents or by the Rabbis.

Genesis 4:26
And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

This is before there were Hebrews. They were saved by calling upon the name of the Lord. Does that mean that there were preachers? Yes, because in order for someone to call upon the name of the Lord, first there must be soul winners sent to them.

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

In order for someone to call upon the Lord, first the Lord must send them preachers or soul winners. We know that God was doing this in the OT all the way back in the time of Seth. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Did God just stop sending preachers and forsake humanity before the flood or during the time of the Hebrews? No.

Daniel 12:3
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Turning men to righteousness means preaching the gospel to them and getting them saved. Apparently they were soul winning during the time of Daniel. Can you imagine that?

2 Peter 2:5
And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Even Noah himself was preaching the gospel all the way back in his day.


Also keep in mind that the world population was much smaller back then. Believe me, if they had traders going to every place to trade with heathens, they also had preachers of righteousness going to those places. God has always been spreading His word. It is the WORD which needs to be believed before the time of Jesus (because Jesus is the Word become flesh).

Genesis 15:6
And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

John 1
[1]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

[14]And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Believing the gospel of God was what got them saved. That's also why Jesus tells the Jews that Moses spoke of Him.

Also, for those of you who are saved, or at least if you're reading this and you're not a reprobate, also recall that God specifically sent Jonas to preach to the people at Ninevah. So you can see, God was sending preachers to the lost in order to get them saved. He was warning people before He destroyed them. The only time God did not send a preacher to warn people and get them saved is at Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them.

And last but not least, remember also that after God destroyed the Tower of Babel, the people became dispersed throughout the world. Those people also had preachers at that time. So you know, when those people were dispersed into different nations, preachers were also among them. That is also why many of those heathen religious stories are similar to those of the Bible and claim to pre-date them. They had the stories already at the Tower of Babel.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Ghost » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:56 am

You never answered what happened with the people who existed before the Israelites, or peoples separated by vast distances.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:41 pm

Try as they might, the reprobates will never have an understanding of the Bible. That is because they are unable to believe the Bible. The Holy Ghost is not with reprobates. The Holy Ghost is He who dwells within the believers and interprets the Bible for us.

It is a shame that any of this even needs to be mentioned, but of course for those who have no faith in the Lord, evidence is required. Unfortunately, there will never be a sign for these people. There shall no sign be given unto them except for the sign of Jonas, and that is that the Lord died for our sins. Believe in Him for salvation rather than on the Satanic doctrine of becoming your own redeemer.

Enter Bible verses:


Esther 8:9 KJV

9 Then were the king's scribes called at that time in the third month, that is, the month Sivan, on the three and twentieth day thereof; and it was written according to all that Mordecai commanded unto the Jews, and to the lieutenants, and the deputies and rulers of the provinces which are from India unto Ethiopia, an hundred twenty and seven provinces, unto every province according to the writing thereof, and unto every people after their language, and to the Jews according to their writing, and according to their language.


Esther 8:17 KJV

17 And in every province, and in every city, whithersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a good day. And many of the people of the land became Jews; for the fear of the Jews fell upon them.



If you will not believe one verse you will not believe 100 verses. The problem is unbelief. Anyone who thinks salvation is by works is not a believer but rather is self-righteous, thinking they can make it on their own.

The King of the whole world commanded respect for the Jews throughout his whole kingdom in the Book of Esther. He was not the only king to help spread the Word of God. Is it required to go through the whole Word of God for every example of this? I would hope your faith that God loves the world is enough.


Zechariah 2:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee.




Psalm 22:27 King James Version (KJV)

27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.


Isaiah 42:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Isaiah 60 King James Version (KJV)

1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.

2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.


Isaiah 56:3 King James Version (KJV)

3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.


Isaiah 56:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;






For those of us who are not reprobate, stranger means foreigner, which means non-Hebrew. If you need more evidence than this, that the Lord also preached to the Gentiles and also wanted them to be with Him in heaven, then there is no truth in you. Lost soul.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:24 pm

The_Adventurer wrote:Where in the Bible does it say the Israelites were sent to preach the word to the four corners of the globe? There's not a single shred of archaeological or historical evidence to back this up. NO evidence of them having visited the ancient Americans, India etc. Up until Paul, the message of the god of Abraham was never preached outside the Hebrew community.




The_Adventurer wrote:
READ MY QUESTION! I asked, above, in plain text, "Where in the Bible does it say the Israelites were sent to preach the word to the four corners of the globe?" And you went off on some complete tangent about scientists and other nonsense.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt in this discussion, but it seems Ghost and Yohan are right. You will evade any relevant questions and skirt around issues you are uncertain of. You cannot give an answer because you don't actually know. You are going off of what someone told you.

I asked my questions specifically because I know the Bible , so I will help you out.

Paul is the first person to preach outside of the Hebrew community, and James was against him for wanting to do that! Before that, there is not a single passage or verse which indicates that the Hebrews did Evangelical work or made any attempts to spread the good word. It was chosen people only. They were to separate themselves from everyone else, stand apart and be an example.


Paul is the first one after the Lord died for us. His name is Christ. I love how you know the Bible though. :) Hey, maybe if you hadn't been relying on some "archaelogical evidence" and instead simply believed in the power of God, you would have come to the right conclusion without evidence. Faith is the evidence, of which you seemingly have none.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:40 pm

Believe me, if you went to Africa or India today, you will find that they've all heard of Jesus. There are missionaries going out to every place. And just has God is sending out missionaries to far flung places on the earth today, He was also doing so throughout history. He wants the world to be saved. Remember John 3 For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him may have everlasting life. Anyone who has heard that can go to heaven. It is up to them whether they want to accept the gift of God or whether they want to reject the Holy Ghost and the gift of eternal life.

The Buddhists, the Hindus, the Islamics are billions of people who know about Jesus.
They just don't want to believe that God can have a son, or whatever other lie they choose to believe rather than accepting the gospel. Same as thousands of years ago. They heard. They just rejected it, which is partially how they became Buddhists, Hindus and Islamics.

Yup. Exactly. But others would rather rely upon fiction, such as "archaeological evidence" or the lies of " his story" (which even Napoleon admitted are nothing but lies that the writers each agree on) in order for them to believe that God also loved the heathen. As if God didn't send His son to save the whole world? Anyone of faith knows that Jesus is God, He is from everlasting, He is the Creator and was there in the beginning. He is literally the Word of God as John 1:14 tells us. He is the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world. All the prophets give testimony of Him. Why were they sacrificing lambs? Because it is a representation of Our Lord, who is the Lamb of God. That is also why Cain was rejected. He didn't want to believe in the Lamb. He wanted to do it his way. He even had personal one on one conversation with God and this man still got salvation absolutely WRONG. That's because the Lamb is a representation of the Lord Jesus Christ, who is our Savior. Cain wanted to be justified by his own works. No, it is the work that God did for us.

And who is it that sat down to eat with Abraham in the Old Testament? No man can look upon the Father and live. We know that Jesus is God in the flesh. When it says Abraham had dinner with The Lord, it means that Abraham sat down with OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, who is God in the flesh. No man can look upon the Father and live.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Ghost » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:54 am

Ghost wrote:You never answered what happened with the people who existed before the Israelites, or peoples separated by vast distances.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:28 am

Poor lost souls.


Jeremiah 6:30 King James Version (KJV)

30 Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the Lord hath rejected them.

2 Timothy 3
[5] Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away

[7] Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

[8] Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.


2 Corinthians 13:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?


Jesus is the Word of God, which is why anyone who doesn't believe The Word is not saved. Reprobates.
1 John 5
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests