Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


-----

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Yohan wrote:
Ghost wrote:One must believe in Jesus in order to get to heaven, but there are people who are going to heaven who lived before Jesus' time according to Adama.

I'm still just trying to figure out what you believe and what you don't believe...


For this you have to create an ADAMA profile:

As a fact we know nothing about him.

As all other religious bigots ADAMA picks out which fits him in his personal agenda, and rejects what he does not like even to hear or to read... Also like many other bigots he operates typically his belief out of fear. You don't believe me, go to hell...


This is just more proof of blindness and a hardened heart. I have answered this question REPEATEDLY. Just the answer is unacceptable. Believing the Lord means believing the gospel. Before Jesus, they believed the Lord. They trusted in Him. THEY BELIEVED THE WORD OF GOD. Why does that matter? Because as at least three verses tell us JESUS IS THE WORD OF GOD MADE FLESH.

Do you reprobates not understand that?

Believing in Jesus means believing in the Word, because Jesus is the Word. I posted that above. Go read it.

ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD AND IT WAS COUNTED TO HIM FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
THE WORD WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD.
THERE ARE THREE THAT BEAR RECORD IN HEAVEN: THE FATHER, THE WORD, AND THE HOLY GHOST.

You don't get it because you're blinded to the truth. Believing the gospel means believing the Lord. Trust in the Lord, you are also trusting in the Word, which is known as the Bible.

You can't believe the Bible, THEN YOU'RE NOT SAVED. Hello. That means you don't believe THE LORD.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm







Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:28 pm

Reprobates can't believe the Word of God. They don't believe the Bible. That is because they can't. They've been twice blinded. They are done.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:30 pm

Adama wrote:Poor lost souls.


Jeremiah 6:30 King James Version (KJV)

30 Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the Lord hath rejected them.

2 Timothy 3
[5] Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away

[7] Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

[8] Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.


2 Corinthians 13:5 King James Version (KJV)

5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?


Jesus is the Word of God, which is why anyone who doesn't believe The Word is not saved. Reprobates.
1 John 5
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.



Hello!!!!!!!
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:31 pm

Adama wrote:Anyone of faith knows that Jesus is God, He is from everlasting, He is the Creator and was there in the beginning. He is literally the Word of God as John 1:14 tells us. He is the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world. All the prophets give testimony of Him. Why were they sacrificing lambs? Because it is a representation of Our Lord, who is the Lamb of God. That is also why Cain was rejected. He didn't want to believe in the Lamb. He wanted to do it his way. He even had personal one on one conversation with God and this man still got salvation absolutely WRONG. That's because the Lamb is a representation of the Lord Jesus Christ, who is our Savior. Cain wanted to be justified by his own works. No, it is the work that God did for us.

And who is it that sat down to eat with Abraham in the Old Testament? No man can look upon the Father and live. We know that Jesus is God in the flesh. When it says Abraham had dinner with The Lord, it means that Abraham sat down with OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, who is God in the flesh. No man can look upon the Father and live.


HELLO
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Genesis 15:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Ghost » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:25 pm

In each case in the Old Testament, from Moses to King David, believing God was not just a belief but accepting and following God's instructions. You cannot divorce action and choices from belief. To do so is to throw away reason and plunge into a belief system that chases its own tail. Even from Genesis, Adam chose wrongly, against God's command not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Later on, God gave the Israelites the Ten Commandments as instructions on building a moral society (which you sort of brushed off before as I recall.) Jesus came later and explained what it really meant and gave humanity instructions - forgive and be forgiven, repent, love one another.

The problem in practical terms is this "belief alone" notion is illogical and allows for a corrupt religion and society. When a believer commits a deeply evil act, you would just dismiss it (No True Scotsman fallacy) as "oh, well, he wasn't a true believer..." It's essentially a worldview based on feelings, which is not something I've found a basis for in the Bible.

You even cling to this without admitting it, saying such things as "your heart will convict you" or "God will stop a believer from doing something sinful." It's just a roundabout way of admitting that what we do matters. I just wish you'd be honest about it one way or the other.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:38 pm

REPROBATE!4
Galatians 2:21 KJV
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:6 KJV
Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Galatians 3:8 KJV
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying , In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Galatians 3:11 KJV
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:14 KJV
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Galatians 3:22 KJV
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.


Galatians 3:24 KJV
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:26 KJV
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 5:4-5 KJV
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

[5] For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Galatians 2:16 KJV
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Ghost » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:22 am

Is this really the depths to which churchianity is willing to sink? To seek to invalidate what God and Jesus said by posting verses from writers who came much later than Christ? Why would they build an entire religion on the name of Jesus and then quote Paul et. al. instead of Jesus or God?

These cretins are no better than the liberals who seek to flood the West with Islamic brutes. They've wrecked their own religion, having become too irrational to explain or defend it and having become feminized and feelings-based. No wonder Islam is taking over; churchianity is a feeble counterfeit. Talk about reprobates.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby MarcosZeitola » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:07 am

Adama wrote:I have a friend from high school who literally wrote the same thing to me the other day that you just wrote. I love the guy but I realize he simply hates God and it's probably too late for him.


There is no such thing as "too late" as long as we have blood pumping through our veins.

Adama wrote:I didn't write back to him after that, because I don't like being argumenative with my friends


That is the wisest thing you have said in this entire thread, brother. Look, Adama, I have nothing against you. I have found myself agreeing with you on many posts, especially on the MGTOW topic where I felt you and I really had each other's backs. I will just, take what I can get.

Your belief in conspiracy theories and your religious beliefs are not my cup of tea, so I simply no longer engage in such discussion with you. Our conversations in private messages have been wonderful, I have no doubt whatsoever you are a good person with genuinely good intentions. We simply disagree on some things.

As for Heaven and Hell, we know little of such places. Most likely they are wishful thinking. There are people in this world I love deeply, I wish to see them again in an afterlife. Quite desperately, actually. But I may never get to meet them again after Death takes them, because there may not be an afterlife after all. Speaking of an afterlife; people have believed in one many thousands of years before Jesus, Moses and Abraham came along.

When it comes to Hell, I like to think of the story of King Radbod of the Frisians. It is said that Radbod was nearly baptised, but refused when he was told that he would not be able to find any of his ancestors in Heaven after his death, since he preferred spending eternity in Hell with his pagan ancestors than in Heaven with his enemies. I respect my ancestors too much to betray them... many of them where far greater men then you and I, and all you have over them is your acceptance of Jesus. It takes more then that to be a great or even good man.

At the end of the day, I say we just agree to disagree. We will never agree on certain subjects, and it is fine that way.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:35 am

Ghost wrote:Is this really the depths to which churchianity is willing to sink? To seek to invalidate what God and Jesus said by posting verses from writers who came much later than Christ? Why would they build an entire religion on the name of Jesus and then quote Paul et. al. instead of Jesus or God?

These cretins are no better than the liberals who seek to flood the West with Islamic brutes. They've wrecked their own religion, having become too irrational to explain or defend it and having become feminized and feelings-based. No wonder Islam is taking over; churchianity is a feeble counterfeit. Talk about reprobates.


You're a sad individual. I admit I had to take you off ignore just for comedic value. Seriously. You redefine belief as belief + works. belief is belief, not belief plus works. That just shows how the truth is unable to penetrate your mind. Please do us both a favor and leave me be. Let me have my opinion and you can have yours. My position has been fully explained, just you dont like the answers because you've been indoctrinated with a false gospel which has rendered your mind useless. Sorry to say. BYE.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:45 am

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Adama wrote:I have a friend from high school who literally wrote the same thing to me the other day that you just wrote. I love the guy but I realize he simply hates God and it's probably too late for him.


There is no such thing as "too late" as long as we have blood pumping through our veins.

Adama wrote:I didn't write back to him after that, because I don't like being argumenative with my friends


That is the wisest thing you have said in this entire thread, brother. Look, Adama, I have nothing against you. I have found myself agreeing with you on many posts, especially on the MGTOW topic where I felt you and I really had each other's backs. I will just, take what I can get.

Your belief in conspiracy theories and your religious beliefs are not my cup of tea, so I simply no longer engage in such discussion with you. Our conversations in private messages have been wonderful, I have no doubt whatsoever you are a good person with genuinely good intentions. We simply disagree on some things.

As for Heaven and Hell, we know little of such places. Most likely they are wishful thinking. There are people in this world I love deeply, I wish to see them again in an afterlife. Quite desperately, actually. But I may never get to meet them again after Death takes them, because there may not be an afterlife after all. Speaking of an afterlife; people have believed in one many thousands of years before Jesus, Moses and Abraham came along.

When it comes to Hell, I like to think of the story of King Radbod of the Frisians. It is said that Radbod was nearly baptised, but refused when he was told that he would not be able to find any of his ancestors in Heaven after his death, since he preferred spending eternity in Hell with his pagan ancestors than in Heaven with his enemies. I respect my ancestors too much to betray them... many of them where far greater men then you and I, and all you have over them is your acceptance of Jesus. It takes more then that to be a great or even good man.

At the end of the day, I say we just agree to disagree. We will never agree on certain subjects, and it is fine that way.


You're entitled to think what you want, but there is a point when someone can reject God often enough that God finally says go away. He rejects them because they've rejected Him. It is explained in Romans chapter one. I would love to show anyone from the verses but it would go unappreciated. That's the sad part is that people think that Hitler and Stalin could be saved. I highly doubt that, and I am one that truly believes (and has even seen in threads like these) that for many people it is too late because they are unable to believe God.

Anyone who wants eternal life needs to believe in Jesus to get it. That's all that's required. It is a free gift. He doesnt ask that people earn their way to heaven because they can't. No one is perfect enough to get to heaven by being a good person, which is why we must put our trust in Him. You won't or can't do that, you won't have eternal life. Everyone gets an after life. Some are resurrected to life eternal, while the vast majority of humanity will be resurrected to eternal punishment.

Now things have been fully explained to you, you are definitely without excuse.

This is why men who hate God or who don't want God should have just stayed away, rather than becoming fully educated on how to get to heaven and then rejecting it. That is truly offensive to God. Refusing Him is rejection. Rejecting Him means eventually He will reject you. Then it is too late.

Just as when the man asks the woman to be his wife. She says no once to often. If she changes her mind later and wants to take him, there's no guarantee he still wants her. He could be so offended that he says no way. You refused me when I stretched out my hand multiple times. Now I am done with you.

It is explained in Romans 1. Even in Proverbs, God describes how He gets rejected by the simple and what He does as a result, which is not pretty.

But if you want to believe you can have a good afterlife with your family without Jesus, then you can believe that, if you wish. I have told you the truth. It would be better if the men who didn't want God had never known such things though.

That includes almost all of you who have posted here: Yohan, RetiredFrank, Ghost, Marcos and others.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:58 am

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.


I believe this, which means I believe God, which means I am saved. If I understood this and rejected this saying multiple times, eventually I would get rejected by God and become a reprobate. The Word is clear here. Men want to say that faith = faith + works. They deceive themselves.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Yohan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:27 am

http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/faith/4035479-155/more-from-the-dalai-lama-on

From the DALAI LAMA:



• What happens after death?

That, he said, is "a more complicated question." In some Indian traditions, including Hinduism and Buddhism, there is no central authority as creator, "just self-creation," he said. "Actions bring positive or negative results or karma. … Basically the life continues, no beginning or end until people reach nirvana," akin to enlightenment, and escape from the cycle.

• What role does scientific education play in universal responsibility?

"I especially like scientific research that involves the brain," he said. " … Such research is now showing interest in the nature of compassion — love — based on the oneness of the individual ... and how anger and fear destroy the mind and the physical health."

The Dalai Lama said he has had many discussions with scientists who are "neutral and unbiased — so that's a true scientist — that mental attitude is very necessary to further research or knowledge. … There is no progress without investigation. Your mind must be open. It is also necessary to have skepticism. That brings questions and questions bring an effort to find any answer. … If you are contented, if you feel 'I know everything,' then no further progress."

" ... I am nearly 81, but I consider myself still a student," said the Nobel Peace Prize laureate.



I think, Adama can still learn a lot from the Dalai Lama...
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:16 am

Yohan wrote:http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/faith/4035479-155/more-from-the-dalai-lama-on

From the DALAI LAMA:



• What happens after death?

That, he said, is "a more complicated question." In some Indian traditions, including Hinduism and Buddhism, there is no central authority as creator, "just self-creation," he said. "Actions bring positive or negative results or karma. … Basically the life continues, no beginning or end until people reach nirvana," akin to enlightenment, and escape from the cycle.

• What role does scientific education play in universal responsibility?

"I especially like scientific research that involves the brain," he said. " … Such research is now showing interest in the nature of compassion — love — based on the oneness of the individual ... and how anger and fear destroy the mind and the physical health."

The Dalai Lama said he has had many discussions with scientists who are "neutral and unbiased — so that's a true scientist — that mental attitude is very necessary to further research or knowledge. … There is no progress without investigation. Your mind must be open. It is also necessary to have skepticism. That brings questions and questions bring an effort to find any answer. … If you are contented, if you feel 'I know everything,' then no further progress."

" ... I am nearly 81, but I consider myself still a student," said the Nobel Peace Prize laureate.



I think, Adama can still learn a lot from the Dalai Lama...


The Dalai Lama. A created being who gives no glory to his Creator but instead is a false prophet of the doctrines of demons. Good. It doesn't surprise me that you'd prefer the lies of devils over the truth of our Lord. You've only shown contempt for God and His Word. That much is obvious. Anyone who believes in Buddhism or any other false religion, rather than placing their trust on The Lord has got a one way ticket.

You can have your Lama. I will give you this:


Colossians 2
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

2 Thessalonians 2
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Ghost » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:28 am

Adama wrote:You're a sad individual. I admit I had to take you off ignore just for comedic value.


Or because it bothers you when I point out inconsistencies and hypocrisy. I'm not being mean or unfair. We can't understand things without asking questions, nor figure out what is right without a sense of logic. Despite how you've mocked me as being "wise," anyone who reads my posts can see clear as day that I'm asking questions while you're the one being a know-it-all. And that belies another aspect of your personality that shows me how hollow you are: just like the feminists and SJWs, you lack a sense of logic and right and wrong, and you are extremely rude as well.

Seriously. You redefine belief as belief + works. belief is belief, not belief plus works.


What are you talking about? I'll take a guess here. You seem to think good deeds are like heaven credits that people try to amass, where once they get enough they get to heaven or something like that. That's not the view I'm putting forth. What we do matters. It does. Jesus told us things to do. He gave moral teachings. That is not the same as saying one works one way into heaven. What I'm wondering is why do you discard all of the moral teachings (from God to Jesus)? Why would they give them if it didn't matter what people do? I mean, one of the biggest points of the Old Testament is that God gave humanity instructions on how to build a moral society (which you brushed off) and Jesus explained what keeping the Commandments really meant and how heaven works and how humanity can have a change of heart. In other words, I'm wondering where is the Christ is in your Christianity? The vast majority of verses you post come from Paul and others who came way after Jesus. Why do you care more about what they say than what God and Jesus say?

That just shows how the truth is unable to penetrate your mind. Please do us both a favor and leave me be.


You are free to block me or ignore me. You even did so before, then unblocked me. Perhaps you should stop acting like a bratty child.

Let me have my opinion and you can have yours. My position has been fully explained, just you dont like the answers because you've been indoctrinated with a false gospel which has rendered your mind useless. Sorry to say. BYE.


I'm not trying to stop you from having opinions or expressing them. You can't expect to post on a public message forum and then have the right to dictate who responds and who doesn't. You can block others from your view, but you can't - nor should you try to - stop them from responding. You need to become more mature.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests