Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


-----

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Ego, Denialism, and Irrationality

Postby fschmidt » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:44 pm

I would like to dedicate this to Adama:

Jesus wrote:Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX







Re: Ego, Denialism, and Irrationality

Postby Adama » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:48 pm

Ghost wrote:What I've learned about Adama's belief system:

God can speak through the Bible, but not Creation.

Metaphors are lies instead of a way to express truth that literal meaning cannot.

The universe does not exist.

You've developed a belief system based in denialism. Truly, it would be better for you to die than to remain a complete waste of flesh, an incarnation of lies and ignorance. Even better it would be for you to change your ways.

The Bible contains metaphors because some truths cannot be explained in literal terms. You throw away metaphors and allegories and you've discarded most of the meaning. God made an entire universe. Your conception is of an old-man-in-the-sky. Your denialism runs so deep that you deny the Creation itself. Your stupidity pollutes everything you do and everything you are, you viper and hypocrite.

This is what we do. I mean, this is what humanity does. It's what we always do. We create religions because we can't accept the truth. Everything Adama says is completely backwards because it is antithetical to reason, opposite to reality, and opposed to logic. Adama denies the Creation itself. To call that egotistical doesn't do it justice. The only god Adama has is his own ego.


God can speak through the Bible, but not Creation.


God does speak through His creation. Where are you getting this from?

Truly, it would be better for you to die than to remain a complete waste of flesh, an incarnation of lies and ignorance. Even better it would be for you to change your ways.


So you're directly wishing death upon me? And you're not a son of Satan or a reprobate? You say that I am full of lies and ignorance? Then later, a viper and a hypocrite. Which one of us is likely to be a viper? And which one of us will be contending with vipers in a fiery furnace for eternity after their body dies? The one who believes God's Word is true and trusts in it? Or the one who thinks everything written in the Bible is just allegory, illustration and metaphor?

We create religions because we can't accept the truth.


Many people can accept the truth. You're ironically one who is incapable of accepting the love of the truth. After multiple rejections, you've been rejected.

Adama denies the Creation itself.


I believe it happened exactly as God wrote it did in His Word, the Bible.

Everything Adama says is completely backwards because it is antithetical to reason, opposite to reality, and opposed to logic.


That's only because what little wisdom you have is the wisdom of men, which God considers to be foolishness. You are rooted in the wisdom of men. Let every man be a liar and God be true. It is better to trust in the Lord than in the wisdom of men. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. Trust in your Phds instead of the Lord. That's because you can't believe the Lord.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Ego, Denialism, and Irrationality

Postby Adama » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:13 pm

fschmidt wrote:I would like to dedicate this to Adama:

Jesus wrote:Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: and the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.


Thanks, mate.

Strait is a synonym for narrow (e.g. Straits of Gibraltar, narrow water way between Africa and the Iberian peninsula). By strait gate, He means the narrow gate. We know this because it is contrasted with the words wide and broad. Broad is the path that leads to destruction. Narrow is the path that leads to salvation. Jesus is the way the truth and the life. Now you know that narrow way is through Jesus.

The will of the Father is that everyone should believe in Jesus. That is why the people who trusted in their works were the ones who were cast into hell. They trusted on their works: their preaching, their casting out of demons (exorcisms), and what they think are wonderful works which is proof of their boasting and self-righteousness. They did not trust in Jesus. That's why He says He never knew them. They never trusted in Him. They believed and trusted in their own works.

Thanks, FSchmidt. Who is a false prophet? A person who teaches the Bible yet doesn't believe in God or that His writings are true? Or the one who both believes in Jesus and also believes His writings? You would resurrect a dead form of Judaism so you can become a leader of your own cult, which you have been recruiting for in the manosphere. You want to form your own isolated community, with yourself as the prophet. All I am saying is that people need to believe in Jesus to have eternal life.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Ego, Denialism, and Irrationality

Postby Ghost » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:24 am

Adama wrote:God does speak through His creation. Where are you getting this from?


From you. You've been shown the universe and the heavenly bodies therein and yet you deny the Creation and try to put God in a box.

The universe and heavenly bodies therein exist. The earth is one of those spheres. What a pitiful man who would deny reality so grievously.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Ego, Denialism, and Irrationality

Postby Adama » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:17 am

Ghost wrote:
Adama wrote:God does speak through His creation. Where are you getting this from?


From you. You've been shown the universe and the heavenly bodies therein and yet you deny the Creation and try to put God in a box.

The universe and heavenly bodies therein exist. The earth is one of those spheres. What a pitiful man who would deny reality so grievously.


I believe what God wrote in His Word about creation. That is believing in God.

You're just an accuser and a deflector. That's fine by me. You don't even know that you're already twice dead. You've spat in the Lord's face by refusing to believe in Him by faith alone, which is the same as putting Him to shame and crucifying Him again. How is it you can escape the damnation of hell when you can't even believe in the Lord? You've been rejected because you've rejected Our Lord after you knew He was true. There is no hope for you in this world or in the next. And your false accusations, insults, inability to believe, deflection, adding works to salvation each prove this.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Ego, Denialism, and Irrationality

Postby Ghost » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:02 am

God: And here's the universe I made. Isn't it beautiful?

Adama: No, you didn't do that.

God: Do you realize what you're saying? The universe is right in front of you!

Adama: I don't see anything.

God: Look, there are literally millions of stars and planets right there!

Adama: *puts blindfold on*

God: What are you doing? That's not going to make the universe stop existing just because you don't acknowledge it.

Adama: *sticks fingers in ears*

God: Hey, now, that's enough silliness. Quit trying to deny my creation.

Adama: *shakes head*

God: All right then, you can go to the other place...
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Ego, Denialism, and Irrationality

Postby Adama » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:05 am

Ghost wrote:God: And here's the universe I made. Isn't it beautiful?

Adama: No, you didn't do that.

God: Do you realize what you're saying? The universe is right in front of you!

Adama: I don't see anything.

God: Look, there are literally millions of stars and planets right there!

Adama: *puts blindfold on*

God: What are you doing? That's not going to make the universe stop existing just because you don't acknowledge it.

Adama: *sticks fingers in ears*

God: Hey, now, that's enough silliness. Quit trying to deny my creation.

Adama: *shakes head*

God: All right then, you can go to the other place...


You are putting words into God's mouth and into my mouth. That doesn't surprise me, that you think God wrote something which He didn't write, and that you say He said things which He has never said.

I believe in the creation. He made it in six days, exactly as He described it in Genesis and Exodus. You don't believe that He could do it in six days. You're the one who denies God His power, not me. I actually believe in Him. You believe in the wisdom of men.


Let's go with something real here though, and I will write this from things you've written:

Ghost: *spits in Christ's face by putting on a blindfold*

God: *reinforces Ghost's blindfold and makes it unmovable and permanent, rendering him reprobate*

God: What are you doing? That's not going to make hell stop existing just because you don't acknowledge it.

Ghost: But but, hell can't exist, because of annihilation and God's great love for sinners.

God: He that believeth not is condemned already because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. The wrath of God abideth on him.

Ghost: But hell can't exist for eternal torture. That's just too terrible.

God: And these shall go away into everlasting destruction.

Ghost: That can't be true cause everlasting destruction means everlasting life.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Ego, Denialism, and Irrationality

Postby Ghost » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:25 pm

So, Adama, then you acknowledge that the universe exists? That the earth is a sphere and not a disk? That there are other stars, planets, and other heavenly bodies? If you deny these things, you are denying the creation - what God has given you eyes to see.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:23 pm


So in other words, what a believer does after being saved doesn't matter? If you go to your neighbor's home, sleep with his wife, murder him when he returns home, and afterward steal his possessions, and never have a sincere repentance but still believe, are you still saved? I understand you'd think God wants you to still act morally, but you get a free pass when you don't. No learning or sincere change of heart required. Correct?


This is the thing with reprobates. Somehow even though they can't keep the law, they believe salvation comes by the law. That is the height of foolishness and just shows how confused the person is.

They really do think everything is about them instead of Christ. These reprobates don't know the power of God's rod and God's staff to keep the Christian in line. Of course not, because such are only allegory to reprobate.

They don't realize that God's staff prevents Christians from doing many things and rescues them out of temptation. While His rod punishes them for trying to leave the narrow path. That's what earthly chastisement is. Bodily disease and ailments are sometimes chastisements from the Lord for sinning against Him. That is the punishment for the believer (and probably some unbelievers too).


So if the Lord allowed the man to get near another man's wife, that man's life would be destroyed. And even his children may suffer for his crimes, and even his grand children and great grand children. This is a promise from the Lord, that when we sin against Him, we are hating Him, and for those who hate Him, He reserves the right to punish them and their descendants for up to four generations. This is serious business we're talking about.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:28 pm

To be honest, as I've been trying to say all along, since we know Satan is the god of this world and that he deceives the whole world AND that his ministers can appear as angels of light, why then is it a surprise that most religions are false? They are false because they don't trust in the Lord. Christianity is the only religion which emphasizes THE LORD. Every other religion is about works, which is how you know that it is false. You can't earn your way to salvation because no one is absolutely perfect. Only God is perfect, which is why the only way to heaven is to trust in Him.


Not true at all. Last time I checked, Islam has killed and still kills lots of people who don't believe in Allah. Christianity is not the only belief-based religion.


Allah did not come to earth in bodily form, live a sinless life, and die for ALL of our sins. Jesus is the only one who has done that. And Islam is a Faith + Works based religion, which is works based. Salvation is either by works or by faith, not both. So if it is faith + works then it is works.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:35 pm

Ghost wrote:
I've asked you to explain the idea of belief alone, but it doesn't make sense. You keep shoe-horning works into it in some fashion because you know without it your belief system would appear even more absurd. You even gave me a 'yes and no' answer to a yes OR no question. It's ridiculous.


And therein lies your problem. You are unable to believe. I have explained the gospel to numerous people in person who get it after I've read them the third verse. For those who cannot understand after the 10th or even the 20th verse, it is clear to me that they are blocked from belief.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:59 pm

Ghost wrote:If it's the "second death" then dead doesn't mean what you think it means. The wages of sin is...eternal life in fire?


Only a fool would dismiss the concept of eternal life in fire as being true suffering. This man here acts as if eternal life in fire would not be bad, if it is true. Don't you think that eternal life in fire would be bad? Is that also not the definition of hell? Hell is eternal, and the damned will exist in its confines for eternity except for possibly the one hour of Judgment at the Great White Throne where they get to account to the Lord for their sins.

And if God Himself defines hell as everlasting punishment, you can rest assured that it isn't truly life, especially in many verses where you find the word hell, you also find the word death. That doesn't mean they evaporate. It means punishment and suffering. Fools.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Adama » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Ghost wrote:
Adama wrote:What's my denomination? The one that believes that salvation is the gift of God through faith alone, without works, without repentance, in the Lord Jesus Christ. That we can't lose our salvation because it is the gift of God, it is not of works, it isn't earned, can't be lost, and it is eternal from when the person believes onward. Jesus said there was no way He would cast anyone out and that there is no way He would let anyone pluck us out of His hand.


Was not the whole point of Jesus' ministry to call people to a change of heart (the literal meaning of repentance)? Repent because the Kingdom of heaven is at hand. - Matthew 4:17. Why preach it if it doesn't matter? Actions speak louder than words. In your belief system, apparently a Christian could focus his life around living immorally and it wouldn't matter.


That's because you believe a person can save himself. It isn't about the person. It's about Jesus. Jesus is the one who changes the heart through the power of the Holy Ghost, not the person. That is completely different from repentance. You don't know much of anything. You think it is magical thinking. Well it is better than magic. It is God. So you're right in a way, but you'll never understand it.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Ego, Denialism, and Irrationality

Postby Adama » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:16 pm

"The Bible contains metaphors because some truths cannot be explained in literal terms."

No, they are only metaphors for unbelievers such as yourself. Believers understand because the Holy Ghost reveals to us these things. Those who are not indwelled by the Spirit of God, known as the Holy Ghost, cannot perceive or understand the truth of the Bible, because those things must be understood through the Holy Ghost. That's why the Bible is so confusing to unbelievers. They can't understand because God is not in them interpreting the Bible for them in their hearts. That is one of the gifts the Holy Ghost gives to those who accept Christ through faith alone rather than by works or faith plus works, but naturally all saints are commanded to keep the law.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Postby Ghost » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:37 pm

Adama wrote:And therein lies your problem. You are unable to believe. I have explained the gospel to numerous people in person who get it after I've read them the third verse. For those who cannot understand after the 10th or even the 20th verse, it is clear to me that they are blocked from belief.


I understand your version of things. It's that your version of things doesn't make sense. My litmus test for believing something is pretty simple: if something doesn't make sense, it probably isn't correct. Is your expectation that you should be able to cherry-pick Bible verses to read to others and then expect them to agree with you instantly, a hundred percent, on the spot? You must approach very vulnerable people to have success doing that. If someone counters your verses with other verses, I suppose you just counter them with accusations of cherry-picking. I've shown you verses from the Bible and you reject what they say. All you do is cherry-pick according to your ego. Perhaps you should remove the two-by-fours you've shoved into your eyes before getting so worked up because someone fails to accept your belief system just because you decide to spout it obnoxiously.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest