Joel Osteen - Most powerful/successful preacher in America!

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Joel Osteen - Most powerful/successful preacher in Ameri

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
Adama wrote:
Winston wrote:You guys cant deny something. If YOU had osteens amazing public speaking talents and the opportunity given to him to become a star and get rich, theres no doubt that YOU would gladly take it and you know it. So if you were in osteens shoes, youd do the exact same thing. Youd use your talents and opportunity to get rich and capitalize on it. Dont deny it. Therefore we are in no position to judge him, since we would all be like him too, given the chance.
This is not true. A true believer wouldn't put himself in such a position, and I highly doubt God would allow for it.
Osteen didnt put himself in a position to be rich. Read his bio. His dad was a preacher and pastor too, of the same church. When he died, osteen took over his fathers church. So his family gave him the opportunity. Then he discovered he had a talent for preaching these power talks and the media rewarded him for it. Nothing unethical about that. You would do the same if you were him. We all would. Dont deny it. None of us are saints. You live a double life too adama. Dont deny it. No one can live a purely moral life. Christian moral standards are artificial and impossible. You know it.

How much do you give to the poor adama? How much do you donate to charities? Do you even give to beggars? If not who are you to expect osteen not to capitalize on his blessings? Or why would you expect him to reject millions of dollars? Ill bet you would not reject millions of dollars. If you say you would then youre a liar. :p
By definition I am a saint. Any saved person, that is any believer in Christ by faith alone without works, is a saint, according to the Bible. So I can openly say, I am a saint already.

Now as I saint, I can say, I would not become a false prophet, because I fear the power of God to destroy my life. And that would not be any fun. Those unbelievers get their punishment in hell. So they can seemingly get away with their crimes.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Adama , you are not open to false prophets because your spirit is already filled with Christ. I am happy with life as well and at peace, so there is no opening for a serpent whispering in my ear.

Winston is a good man and intelligent but his spirit is not at peace. He is looking for something, going from country to country, bar to bar, cheap slut to cheap slut, looking for peace and joy. This emptiness makes him open to the words of false prophets promising him joy and success.

You will never convince him it is words from a serpent. The bible says their words will drip with honey, and his spirit craves that at the moment. Rather if Winston were to find inner peace he would not be open to this.

I prefer to wish Winston inner peace, blessings and joy. Then he will see this jew boy for what he really is.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:You guys cant deny something. If YOU had osteens amazing public speaking talents and the opportunity given to him to become a star and get rich, theres no doubt that YOU would gladly take it and you know it. So if you were in osteens shoes, youd do the exact same thing. Youd use your talents and opportunity to get rich and capitalize on it. Dont deny it. Therefore we are in no position to judge him, since we would all be like him too, given the chance.

Moreover if you watch his sermons, you can see from his facial expressions and eyes that he is a caring person who feels what he says. Hes a man with feelings and compassion too. Hes not faking it all. There is genuine emotion on his face. He does care about helping people. Watch his face and you will see.
Money and power creates big egos and corrupts majority of people I believe if and when they get too much of those things. If Osteen were the real deal, he would donate majority of his earnings and just hold on to a few million at most. And he wouldn't be living in a ten million dollar home. You know Warren Buffet lives in a modest residence and engages in a regular lifestyle, not a life of luxury? He may be one of the richest guys on the planet but he doesn't seem to be in love with money. Guys like Bernie Sanders are much closer to being real servants of the people. Osteen's vibe is one of plastic, phoniness, ego, and exploitation. You seem to be attracted to certain types of con men lol.
I already addressed this rock. You didnt answer my questions. You have extra money. Do you give to the poor? Do you give to filipino beggars? No you dont. So why you expect osteen to give away most of his money?

If you were osteen would you give away your millions? No you would not and you know it. Put your hand on the bible and swear to tell the truth.

So arent you hypocritical? Lol.

Plus we all know that giving to the poor doesnt really help them. Thats why we dont give to beggars in the Philippines. It just goes down a black hole and makes them ask for more.

You know that saying: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
I don't know whether or not I would be corrupted if I had anything close to his money and power. But I don't. I'm not saying people worth 10s of thousands or 100s of thousands or even a few million need to give away massive amounts of money. Because to be really set for life, you do need a few million. But after that, it's all cream, private jets, and ego. Do you realize that Osteen's has a published net worth of $40 mn! And he's supposed to be a man of God. Don't be such a chump.

If I was a servant of people (the rare genuine politician) or a servant of God (pastor, preacher, minister), walked my talk, and I had $40 mn in net assets, I would donate most of that to my ministry. I could keep a nice $5 mn for myself and family and the rest would go to what I preach. Otherwise, I'm just a poser who's corrupted by money, power, and ego!

So Winston, why don't you walk your own talk. Drop 5 K on one of Mark Davis's Dream Tours, go back to Bunny Ranch to blow another 1.5 K, then donate the rest of your savings to Mr. Osteen himself lololol?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:
Rock wrote: Money and power creates big egos and corrupts majority of people I believe if and when they get too much of those things. If Osteen were the real deal, he would donate majority of his earnings and just hold on to a few million at most. And he wouldn't be living in a ten million dollar home. You know Warren Buffet lives in a modest residence and engages in a regular lifestyle, not a life of luxury? He may be one of the richest guys on the planet but he doesn't seem to be in love with money. Guys like Bernie Sanders are much closer to being real servants of the people. Osteen's vibe is one of plastic, phoniness, ego, and exploitation. You seem to be attracted to certain types of con men lol.
I already addressed this rock. You didnt answer my questions. You have extra money. Do you give to the poor? Do you give to filipino beggars? No you dont. So why you expect osteen to give away most of his money?

If you were osteen would you give away your millions? No you would not and you know it. Put your hand on the bible and swear to tell the truth.

So arent you hypocritical? Lol.

Plus we all know that giving to the poor doesnt really help them. Thats why we dont give to beggars in the Philippines. It just goes down a black hole and makes them ask for more.

You know that saying: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
I don't know whether or not I would be corrupted if I had anything close to his money and power. But I don't. I'm not saying people worth 10s of thousands or 100s of thousands or even a few million need to give away massive amounts of money. Because to be really set for life, you do need a few million. But after that, it's all cream, private jets, and ego. Do you realize that Osteen's has a published net worth of $40 mn! And he's supposed to be a man of God. Don't be such a chump.

If I was a servant of people (the rare genuine politician) or a servant of God (pastor, preacher, minister), walked my talk, and I had $40 mn in net assets, I would donate most of that to my ministry. I could keep a nice $5 mn for myself and family and the rest would go to what I preach. Otherwise, I'm just a poser who's corrupted by money, power, and ego!

So Winston, why don't you walk your own talk. Drop 5 K on one of Mark Davis's Dream Tours, go back to Bunny Ranch to blow another 1.5 K, then donate the rest of your savings to Mr. Osteen himself lololol?
Oh ok. I thought you were saying that Osteen ought to give away all his money and become average. You can't realistically expect any man to do that, including yourself. How do you know he doesn't donate to charity? He probably does to some degree. It could be that Osteen is also saving up for his children's future too. I'm sure if you had millions, you'd find some use for that kind of money as well.

It's easy to say what you would do if you were a preacher with millions, but if you actually were that, then it would be a different matter. Anyone can preach what ought to be done, but that doesn't mean it's what you would ACTUALLY do in reality if you were in that situation. People are hypocrites by nature.

I don't understand your last sentence. What do you mean "walk my own talk"? I never advocated that rich people ought to donate most of their money. YOU DID. So I was asking you to "walk your talk", not me. You must have gotten confused.

If you care about the poor, why don't you give money to Filipino beggars or give them food or spend your time educating them? LOL

Remember, I'm not the one advocating giving to the poor, YOU are.

You have more money than me and more extra money too, so if you aren't charitable to the poor, why do you expect anyone else to? LOL
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
Do you understand my point? My point is that you shouldn't be saying that Osteen ought to give away most of his money to the poor and needy, when YOU yourself do not give any free money to the poor and needy. You don't even give five pesos to Filipino beggars. You see what I mean?

We both know that giving money to the poor is like throwing it down a black hole. We both know that money is best spent on something useful or invested in something of value. Besides, when people get money they didn't earn, they don't appreciate or value it, they just blow it on something stupid. We've seen that happen in the Philippines too.

So isn't is hypocritical for you say that Osteen "ought" to give away most of his money to the poor? Do you see what I mean? You yourself do not give away any of your "extra money" to the poor either.

Besides, no Christian is a saint. They all lead double lives. That's because the puritannical moral standards of Christianity are artificial and unnatural. No one can live up to them. Well maybe one in thousands could. But most cannot. So don't expect anyone to be a pure saint without sin. Most Christians probably lead double lives. We all know how it is.

We are all hypocrites in that we love to judge others and tell others what to do, but none of us likes to be told what to do or judged by others. In that sense, we are all hypocrites, or at least most of us are. So none of us have the right to take a moral high ground.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

The one thing I do like about Joel Osteen is that he doesn't take a salary from his church. He earns from book sales and speaking fees. Someone said the gospel is free, you shouldn't charge for it. He is not. You don't HAVE to attend his speaking engagements so you are not forced to pay. Just like I can listen to music on YouTube for free but if I want to go to a concert most times I have to pay.

Also there is no admittance fee to his Sunday services so you can hear him there for free if you want or on tv. So there are a lot of places you can hear him for free if that is what you want. And as far as I understand at his regular services there is no high pressure to give either.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

In all honesty, as much as I appreciate evangelical Christianity for the positive effect it has on millions of people around the world, I just can't see myself marrying an evangelical Christian woman. I grew up in a strict evangelical Christian household, and sort of grew out of that mindset. I'm no religion-hating atheist, and appreciate religion the way Einstein does. However, being in a strict, exclusive-minded monotheistic religion is just not my thing anymore.

Still, an inspirational sermon with a positive message for people of all faiths and backgrounds is something that I would still love to listen to. I just can't take authoritarian threats like "Believe in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and accept Him as your Savior, or you're going to hell."
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Prosperity preaching is not of God, because it is based on an inordinate greedy desire for wealth, such covetousness is idolatry.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Question for you guys:

Doesn't the Old Testament say it's ok to be rich and wealthy as long as you are a virtuous and righteous man? Or a good honest hard working man? For example, King Solomon was wealthy and God was ok with it as long as he was wise, virtuous and righteous, right? And in the book of Job, at the end after Job's ordeal, God rewarded him with lots of riches and his own family again, right? Also in the book of Proverbs, there are many verses saying that if you work hard, you will be rewarded for it with riches and abundance, because you deserved it and earned it. So as long as you earn or deserve it, it's ok to be rich or well off right? At least in the OT. The NT however is more about suffering and sacrificing earthly pleasures for Christ, so it has a different theme than the OT. Regardless of what Christians say, the OT and NT are VERY VERY VERY different. And the 66 books of the Bible are NOT all the same, as Christians attempt to force.

So the Bible, at least the OT, does seem to condone getting wealthy or attaining material success, as long as you are righteous, hard working and virtuous, and you fear God right? So doesn't the OT condone what Joel Osteen is doing?

I highly doubt that Joel Osteen in his own mind, thinks he is scamming anyone or that he is a con man. He doesn't lie down in his big mansion at night and think "Let's see, how should I scam my followers next Sunday". I'm sure in HIS mind, he is doing a good thing by providing hope and inspiration to millions of people, even if he does have to exaggerate and act fake sometimes. I'm sure in his mind, he thinks he is doing a good thing and is helping people, so he justifies his work with rationalizations. Right?

Every man probably justifies whatever he does in his own head. For example, a thief probably thinks he is Robin Hood and steals from the rich to give to the poor, hence he sees it as just and merely correcting the "imbalances of life". Right?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out Joel Osteen's speech about how God makes miracles out of our mistakes. It's very inspiring and will fill you with hope. His voice and face are very hypnotizing too.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eitH1oP01sc[/youtube]

Check out the description. Isn't this exactly what Americans like to hear? lol. The lesson here is that if you can tell people whatever they want to hear, like Joel Osteen and Bill Clinton does, then you will be loved by many and be successful in life.
When we make mistakes, God doesn’t abandon us. Psalm 37:23-24 tells us, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord… Though he falls, he will not be destroyed; for the Lord will be there to pick him up.”

No mistake you make can ever be too great to cancel out God’s plan for your life. Let Joel show you that it’s time to believe again in this redeeming message. No matter what you’ve done, if you will shake off guilt and move forward in your thinking and expectations, God will get you to where you’re supposed to be. Not somewhere secondary, but the best plan for your life.

This is Message #702 “Miracles Out Of Mistakes“ by Joel Osteen. For more inspirational messages, visit https://www.JoelOsteen.com/Messages

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Joel Osteen is misapplying scripture. He sure has those sweet sounding words though, doesn't he? The Bible says the simple believe every word.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Video clips of several preachers denouncing Joel Osteen and his "prosperity gospel" as false and demonic.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fkwaoEjU1I[/youtube]

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

The greatest television preacher ever was Robert Tilton. Ignore the stupid introduction of the following youtube video, it's short and what follows the intro will blow your mind, religious preaching like you've never seen:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=De8qahr3Rtc