Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby Conjo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:47 am

Jesus in Islam is just one of the messengers, one of the heroes of their stories. He's not the main character. The whole "Son of God" notion is questionable to begin with. Whether or not you enter Heaven has less to do with who you believe God to be, and more with how Godly you are yourself.
Conjo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:25 pm

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby Winston » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:40 pm

Mr S recommends I watch this podcast on the Vinny Eastwood Show with Ralph Ellis about Jesus and who he really was. It's supposed to answer a lot of mysteries and unanswered questions about Jesus that connects the dots. If Mr S recommends something, it's usually really good and worth seeing.

Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby Winston » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Conjo wrote:Jesus in Islam is just one of the messengers, one of the heroes of their stories. He's not the main character. The whole "Son of God" notion is questionable to begin with. Whether or not you enter Heaven has less to do with who you believe God to be, and more with how Godly you are yourself.


Are you Muslim? So Islam is a salvation of works then? Not of faith? What does Islam teach about to get to heaven or connect with God? The thing is, Islam doesn't seem like an intellectual or deep religion with any philosophical motifs. At least Christianity has the rebirth of the soul motif and fall from grace motif, which seems to be in the human collective unconscious, and thus may be an archetype. But I don't see any deep philosophical motifs in Islam. The only mystical branch of Islam are the Sufis.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby starchild5 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:31 am

Islam is like the autistic child of Christianity...Even though both are poison..PSY-OPs...Islam is even worse..

Both religion has nothing whatsoever to do with TRUE GOD...Buddism is same...
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby Moretorque » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:22 am

Winston wrote:Mr S recommends I watch this podcast on the Vinny Eastwood Show with Ralph Ellis about Jesus and who he really was. It's supposed to answer a lot of mysteries and unanswered questions about Jesus that connects the dots. If Mr S recommends something, it's usually really good and worth seeing.



I don't understand the big deal about all this, the second book of the bible is pretty straight forward and anybody can read it in it's entirety in little time. There is not much there outside of what you read and these clowns go off in all kinds of directions on just wild speculations so why bother with most of them.

All the good book seems to me to be is a way to profit for most of these people on their wild conspiracy theories.... :wink: Sound familiar Mr. Wu ?
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby pandabear » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:31 pm

starchild5 wrote:If you don't believe it..I dare anyone in this forum to call God...Son of a b**tch, d*ckhead, c**t.....

Can anyone in here...CURSE GOD....????


Apparently not.
pandabear
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2077
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:54 am
Location: USA

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby MrMan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:05 am

Winston,

You PMed me asking my opinion on your arguments. I don't see a logical argument here that proves that there are many ways to God. I understand your line of reasoning.

If God is not the creation, then doesn't it make sense that He would not want people to worship other creations? Your post refers to a creator, in the singular. Greek philosphers, possibly without any real contact with Judaism, reasoned their way to the idea of one creator God using logic and philosophy. I've also read that many primitive cultures have a concept of the most high God, even if they had developed animistic beliefs or polythesitic beliefs over time. I talked with a man from New Guinea whose tribe had converted to Christianity about the time he was a child. He said their tribe had believed in the 'Great One' (that's how I'm translating it) before the missionaries. A lot of cultures have this as an underlying belief.

If there is one God, it is unreasonable to assume polytheistic religions are wrong or are not pleasing to Him. If God is distinct from the creation, then it is not unreasonable to think that God is against worshipping creation. That rules out a lot of religions right there. Hinduism is polytheistic, even if they try to entwine it with a loosely monotheistic belief as well. Buddhism branched off of Hindu philosophy, and some of it in the east is creature worship. Historically, there have been a lot of polytheistic and creation-worship religions.

It is also logical and reasonable to think that God wants to relate to man, that He would have revealed how to do so. To me, that is just as logical as your ideas that if God created diversity, there must be many diverse ways to relate to Him. I think a lot of people realize that there is something wrong with people, and with humanity. We look at the evil and suffering people commit toward each other and we know it is wrong. There are theives and killers, and much lesser offenses going on between people. We recognize this as wrong. One some level, even many atheists have a sense that certain things are wrong, even sins, even if their philosopy should not allow for good or evil in any absolute sense. If man is sinful and God is not, then we should realize that are intuition and beliefs developed over time may not rightly bring us into relationship with God. Many religions have had sacrifice or other means of trying to rectify their sins against God. On some intuitive level, we know things are not right. And man's religious efforts can also be contaminated by this sin.

But if God reveals Himself and to be reconciled to Himself, then we can know it. If man is sinful and corrupt in his thinking, it stands to reason that some or many religions will be contaminated by man's sinful thinking and actions. But if God wishes to reveal HImself to man, then it makes sense that there will be a religion that is true that reconciles man to God.

One of Jesus' claims about HImself is that if any man seeks to do God's will, He will know whether Jesus' teachings are from God or from men. The problem is, we struggle with sinful motivations. But those who do seek God's will, will know that Jesus' teachings is true. The Father also draws men to Jesus.

None of us deserve salvation or forgiveness. And if God gives it, we have received a gift we did not deserve.
MrMan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:52 am

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby Winston » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:13 am

What starchild said about God's nature makes sense from the standpoint of basic logic too.

1. Man is both good and evil. Humans contains both good and bad qualities. Light and darkness reside in all of us. In fact, all things in this world contain an equilibrium of opposite forces.

2. Man was created in the image of God, according to Christianity and Judaism.

3. Therefore God must be both good and evil too. It logically follows. Very simple.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby Kradmelder » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:38 am

These religion threads are no longer the same without adama :lol:

They are missing that conservative by the book christian interpretation.
User avatar
Kradmelder
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby Citizen » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:26 pm

Winston wrote:What starchild said about God's nature makes sense from the standpoint of basic logic too.

1. Man is both good and evil. Humans contains both good and bad qualities. Light and darkness reside in all of us. In fact, all things in this world contain an equilibrium of opposite forces.

2. Man was created in the image of God, according to Christianity and Judaism.

3. Therefore God must be both good and evil too. It logically follows. Very simple.


There is that Eastern dualism stuff again. Winston, you are obviously an Eastern person. You are not and cannot be part of the West. It is in the blood. But this is good for you because the East is ascendant and has been for thousands of years.

btw in another thread (great white suicide) Starchild5 said he does not understand God. He also wondered why God doesn't kill Satan. :D I don't think he understands anything. Just like the retarded blonde and red haired men, masons, and templars who destroyed Ancient Egypt, murdered and stole from Osiris and tortured the little people understand nothing.
Citizen
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:01 pm

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby starchild5 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:50 pm

Citizen wrote:
Winston wrote:What starchild said about God's nature makes sense from the standpoint of basic logic too.

1. Man is both good and evil. Humans contains both good and bad qualities. Light and darkness reside in all of us. In fact, all things in this world contain an equilibrium of opposite forces.

2. Man was created in the image of God, according to Christianity and Judaism.

3. Therefore God must be both good and evil too. It logically follows. Very simple.


There is that Eastern dualism stuff again. Winston, you are obviously an Eastern person. You are not and cannot be part of the West. It is in the blood. But this is good for you because the East is ascendant and has been for thousands of years.

btw in another thread (great white suicide) Starchild5 said he does not understand God. He also wondered why God doesn't kill Satan. :D I don't think he understands anything. Just like the retarded blonde and red haired men, masons, and templars who destroyed Ancient Egypt, murdered and stole from Osiris and tortured the little people understand nothing.


Dude...you are twisting my words, ... what Winston says I totally agree....I'm saying in context of things...Those cannot be said here...as the meaning will be completely different...I said I do not understand god because pretty much white race is screwed and they believe in Jesus most but non-Christians ain't doing any better...Its high time that God show up because 90% of humanity is about to be wiped out on Earth.

God is a son of b**tch and he is a good guy too.... :mrgreen:

I bet you can't curse your god...can you :) ..if you do..then you will understand god :idea:
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby Citizen » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:29 pm

starchild5 wrote:Dude...you are twisting my words, ... what Winston says I totally agree....I'm saying in context of things...Those cannot be said here...as the meaning will be completely different...I said I do not understand god because pretty much white race is screwed and they believe in Jesus most but non-Christians ain't doing any better...Its high time that God show up because 90% of humanity is about to be wiped out on Earth.

God is a son of b**tch and he is a good guy too.... :mrgreen:

I bet you can't curse your god...can you :) ..if you do..then you will understand god :idea:


I think you and Winston are confusing angels and fallen angels with God. It is very easy to do as most religions do it (some go so far as to actively try to destroy life). God creates and sustains life. :mrgreen: Without God everybody and everything dies. God is life. Life is not evil. Life merely creates an environment. Good, evil and everything in between can take root in that environment. It is part of man's free will that he chooses between good and evil. It is a part of man's gift and burden. The choices a person makes come with both rewards and punishments. People want different things, thus for some people hell is heaven while for others hell is hell and vice versa. I remember you wrote something along the line that God was not part of or not affected by things or something along that line. Same idea...life is not affected by a person's choice to do good or bad. It is the person and those around him who are affected.

Curse God? It makes no sense to curse life. It is not life that hurt me. God gave us all free will and a paradise since then people (all of us) have been making choices. Our choices and actions have brought us here. Our choices and actions will decide what happens next.

There that is what he wanted to say.
Citizen
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:01 pm

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby starchild5 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:50 pm

Citizen wrote:
starchild5 wrote:Dude...you are twisting my words, ... what Winston says I totally agree....I'm saying in context of things...Those cannot be said here...as the meaning will be completely different...I said I do not understand god because pretty much white race is screwed and they believe in Jesus most but non-Christians ain't doing any better...Its high time that God show up because 90% of humanity is about to be wiped out on Earth.

God is a son of b**tch and he is a good guy too.... :mrgreen:

I bet you can't curse your god...can you :) ..if you do..then you will understand god :idea:


I think you and Winston are confusing angels and fallen angels with God. It is very easy to do as most religions do it (some go so far as to actively try to destroy life). God creates and sustains life. :mrgreen: Without God everybody and everything dies. God is life. Life is not evil. Life merely creates an environment. Good, evil and everything in between can take root in that environment. It is part of man's free will that he chooses between good and evil. It is a part of man's gift and burden. The choices a person makes come with both rewards and punishments. People want different things, thus for some people hell is heaven while for others hell is hell and vice versa. I remember you wrote something along the line that God was not part of or not affected by things or something along that line. Same idea...life is not affected by a person's choice to do good or bad. It is the person and those around him who are affected.

Curse God? It makes no sense to curse life. It is not life that hurt me. God gave us all free will and a paradise since then people (all of us) have been making choices. Our choices and actions have brought us here. Our choices and actions will decide what happens next.

There that is what he wanted to say.


Good One..
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby C.J. » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:21 pm

For the laymen, it's simple.

The bible was created by a chaos god - man. Therefore, it's not a completely reliable source of actual gospel for man to follow. Too much BS. However, devout Christians CAN still use the text as an anti-possession programme, just like Muslims can use the Quran for the same purpose to help keep their minds clean. Probably a gift from Christ.

Aside from the universal karmic laws that ALL lifeforms are required to follow or suffer in their own torment and some basic Earth rules, you can do whatever the hell you want and still reach power/enlightenment if you happen to find it.
C.J.
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Re: Why Jesus is NOT the only way to God - 5 Logical reasons

Postby Moretorque » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:04 pm

C.J. wrote:For the laymen, it's simple.

The bible was created by a chaos god - man. Therefore, it's not a completely reliable source of actual gospel for man to follow. Too much BS. However, devout Christians CAN still use the text as an anti-possession programme, just like Muslims can use the Quran for the same purpose to help keep their minds clean. Probably a gift from Christ.

Aside from the universal karmic laws that ALL lifeforms are required to follow or suffer in their own torment and some basic Earth rules, you can do whatever the hell you want and still reach power/enlightenment if you happen to find it.


CJ put the bong and the crack pipe down.... :D
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest