Connection between Catholicism, Buddhism & Gnosticism?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Connection between Catholicism, Buddhism & Gnosticism?

Post by Adama »

Interestingly this woman just explained to me that even in the Bible they were defending against the Gnostic doctrine of their day. For a long time I wondered how can every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh mean that that spirit is of God. Now I see that it is because the Gnostics of their day were already claiming that Jesus was only a spirit that faked having a human body, in order to preserve the virginity of Mary.

As you can see, now it is claimed that the concept of Mary remaining an eternal virgin is a Satanic one, from Gnosticism, which is an intentional inversion of Christianity.

I recommend you watch it on 1.25 speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh0lojdYXw8

A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Connection btwn Catholicism, Buddhism & Gnosticism?

Post by Winston »

Adama,
You will like this one. Christians claim that Dr. Michael Heiser exposes Gnosticism in this 6 hour lecture. They recommend it to everyone. He seems like a very bright man and knowledgeable Bible and religious studies scholar.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne