An intelligent Christian

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: An intelligent Christian

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

fschmidt wrote:This thread reminds me of my neighbors' dogs barking at each other.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPkr1XQFNJA[/youtube]

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Some 'Christians' are very clever at making money. They fly around in private jest and helicopters like CEOs, are better at tax evasion than any corporation, are better at marketing than the most shylock Wall Street jew, and are better and swindling and hiding money than any jew banker.

To name a few At Boshoff, Eddie Long, Randy White, Ed Young, Joyce Meyer, Benny Hinn, Chris Oyakhilome, and Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar (apt name), Kenneth Copeland.

These prosperity gospel charlatans are intelligent enough to get their corrupt, poor robbing enterprises called a ministry without even having any theological qualifications, ordinations or peer review. They carry on like pyramid scheme marketing models where the more you buy in, the richer the people up top get. Even the top globalised corporations don’t enjoy the benefits of tax exemption, and none of them are promising to cure you from illness or erase your debt in exchange for your hard-earned money. Do people think they can earn blessings by throwing money at' pastors' and self proclaimed ministers with bad hair, fancy suits, plastic surgical smiles and multi-million dollar estates.

Even a kid in Sunday school knows you cannot serve both God and money and Jesus overturned the tables of the money changers in the temples. So how can anyone following such charlatans have any intelligence?

Of course these are not all Christians, but while traditional churches shrink, these prosperity gospel churches that declare that blessings don't come down unless your money goes up, are expanding in great numbers. The only things going up are their private jets and bank balances. The people following this are no better than those doing Allah Akbar kaboom thinking that will get them 72 virgins.

check this one by At Boshoff: The two most important books in your life are the Bible and your cheque “book”. The Bible is the revelation of God’s love for us and our cheque book is the revelation of our love for God. :lol:

What some churches do is better at driving people from Christianity than any athiest. Sometimes I think the the church and religion has nothing to do with God.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Not only preachers have to be ware of the trap of greed, but also engineers, burger flippers, academics, psychologists, waiters, etc.

Btw, I'm just wondering, do you think that God loves blacks, too. The Ethiopian eunuch became a Christian? And what about Jews, like Moses, Elijah, Jesus, the twelve apostles, Paul, etc.?
Last edited by MrMan on May 18th, 2017, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Kradmelder wrote: These prosperity gospel charlatans are intelligent enough to get their corrupt, poor robbing enterprises called a ministry without even having any theological qualifications, ordinations or peer review. They carry on like pyramid scheme marketing models where the more you buy in, the richer the people up top get.
Those are the ravening wolves who "make merchandise of you" as per 2 Peter 2.

Here are the requirements to be a pastor. Going to school is not one of them:

1 Timothy 3:2-12King James Version (KJV)

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
Last edited by Adama on May 19th, 2017, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Adama wrote:
Kradmelder wrote: These prosperity gospel charlatans are intelligent enough to get their corrupt, poor robbing enterprises called a ministry without even having any theological qualifications, ordinations or peer review. They carry on like pyramid scheme marketing models where the more you buy in, the richer the people up top get.
They dont preach that part. They rarely open their bible at all except the parts about the tithe. They also parade their trophy wives on stage un full bauble jezebel regalia (NOT a pulpit since it is an entertainment venue) so ignore the part about orderly worship.

The number of them caught up in sex and financial scandals exceeds the proportion in the secular population. Yet people follow this in the millions and throw money at them. Is it any wonder people think christians are idiots.

Jew rabbis were caught up in the organ theft and peddling scandal but in general rabbis and imams are not often caught in scandals.

The catholic church is the biggest land owner in the world and has more assets than multinationals and paedophile scandals aplenty. The protestant churches have these prosperity charlatans and their sex scandals.

These scum hiding behind a collar and a bible are a big reason people laugh at christianity and it makes their followers look like fools.

Christianity 'evolves' to stay modern. That means accepting faggots and faggot ministers, women ministers, churches that are nothing but tax dodges. Judaism and islam do not evolve. Their message stays the same. Islam grows and Christianity shrinks. Christians do not expand and go and multiply anymore. Jews and muslims expand financially and geographically. So who is more intelligent?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Kradmelder wrote:Christianity 'evolves' to stay modern. That means accepting faggots and faggot ministers, women ministers, churches that are nothing but tax dodges. Judaism and islam do not evolve. Their message stays the same. Islam grows and Christianity shrinks. Christians do not expand and go and multiply anymore. Jews and muslims expand financially and geographically. So who is more intelligent?
You are more intelligent than the barking dogs in this thread, so I will hold you to a higher standard. You criticize people for complaining instead of seeking solutions, yet that is what you are doing here. My original post is about a solution. In fact there are 2 serious options in Christianity: True Orthodoxy and traditional Anabaptism. The rest of Christianity is just garbage, not worth discussing.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

fschmidt wrote:
Kradmelder wrote:Christianity 'evolves' to stay modern. That means accepting faggots and faggot ministers, women ministers, churches that are nothing but tax dodges. Judaism and islam do not evolve. Their message stays the same. Islam grows and Christianity shrinks. Christians do not expand and go and multiply anymore. Jews and muslims expand financially and geographically. So who is more intelligent?
You are more intelligent than the barking dogs in this thread, so I will hold you to a higher standard. You criticize people for complaining instead of seeking solutions, yet that is what you are doing here. My original post is about a solution. In fact there are 2 serious options in Christianity: True Orthodoxy and traditional Anabaptism. The rest of Christianity is just garbage, not worth discussing.
You confuse 2 things. Much of what people do in the name of christian churches is garbage. Yes i agree. That does not imply the faith is garbage.

You also miss out a 3rd option in the bible itself. Even adama has found this option. Church is not necessary. It says whereever christians gather there i shall be. It says nothing about it being with an arse on a pew in a suit on sunday under some pastor.

Nowhere does it say you need a middleman selling his service for money. People have corrupted churches to serve their own ends much like pharisees and modern jews have corrupted your faith to go back to the golden cow.

Funny enough in my church which would be baptist aligned, you need to be rebaptised as an adult showing a willing acceptance. Just like anabaptists. No women can be elders. No pc terms for sodomites or prostitutes are accepted. There are no bands or light shows. New women coming in are instructed if they want entertainment and modern things there are other churches nearby and are given a pamphlet on orderly worship.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

The true purpose of this thread was to malign and slander God and His saints, the saved. Slander against God, against the believers and against His Word. Slander is spiritual murder and shows hatred.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Kradmelder wrote:
Adama wrote:
They dont preach that part. They rarely open their bible at all except the parts about the tithe. They also parade their trophy wives on stage un full bauble jezebel regalia (NOT a pulpit since it is an entertainment venue) so ignore the part about orderly worship.

The number of them caught up in sex and financial scandals exceeds the proportion in the secular population. Yet people follow this in the millions and throw money at them. Is it any wonder people think christians are idiots.

Jew rabbis were caught up in the organ theft and peddling scandal but in general rabbis and imams are not often caught in scandals.

The catholic church is the biggest land owner in the world and has more assets than multinationals and paedophile scandals aplenty. The protestant churches have these prosperity charlatans and their sex scandals.

These scum hiding behind a collar and a bible are a big reason people laugh at christianity and it makes their followers look like fools.

Christianity 'evolves' to stay modern. That means accepting faggots and faggot ministers, women ministers, churches that are nothing but tax dodges. Judaism and islam do not evolve. Their message stays the same. Islam grows and Christianity shrinks. Christians do not expand and go and multiply anymore. Jews and muslims expand financially and geographically. So who is more intelligent?
They really wouldn't teach it, at least not properly, because it speaks of them.

Kradmelder, all the things which you mention are attributes of reprobates and false prophets.

These are people who make merchandise of their supporters. They defile the flesh, which would include the things you wrote of. That's what they are all about, but also, they love destroying souls and leading people away from Christ, preaching every false way to God instead of the one true way. They also slander God's name and ascribe evil characteristics to Him, as per the book of Jude. They also slander the angels.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Kradmelder wrote:You also miss out a 3rd option in the bible itself. Even adama has found this option. Church is not necessary. It says whereever christians gather there i shall be. It says nothing about it being with an arse on a pew in a suit on sunday under some pastor.
Reading the Bible by itself isn't enough. The Christians still need to "gather" and wherever they gather is effectively a church. If there are other forms of churches that work, then those are other options.
Funny enough in my church which would be baptist aligned, you need to be rebaptised as an adult showing a willing acceptance. Just like anabaptists. No women can be elders. No pc terms for sodomites or prostitutes are accepted. There are no bands or light shows. New women coming in are instructed if they want entertainment and modern things there are other churches nearby and are given a pamphlet on orderly worship.
Old Protestantism was fine, but is extinct in America. My usual litmus test is whether men and women are separated in church. Are they in yours?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

There is good reason why Christianity is dying a slow but certain death in the developed world, but it is growing in the developing and underdeveloped world.

Religious faiths were formalized at a time when the vast majority of people were functionally illiterate and without the ability to reason at a high level. Religion, and their holy books, were designed to do the mass thinking for these people.

Those still suffering under the oppressive hold of religion because of family influence or brainwashing are living outmoded and regressive lifestyles.

To become truly free, expand your horizons BEYOND religion. Seek self-knowledge and utilize secular philosophy on your path!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:There is good reason why Christianity is dying a slow but certain death in the developed world, but it is growing in the developing and underdeveloped world.

Religious faiths were formalized at a time when the vast majority of people were functionally illiterate and without the ability to reason at a high level. Religion, and their holy books, were designed to do the mass thinking for these people.

Those still suffering under the oppressive hold of religion because of family influence or brainwashing are living outmoded and regressive lifestyles.

To become truly free, expand your horizons BEYOND religion. Seek self-knowledge and utilize secular philosophy on your path!
It's nice to know you aren't myopic. Christianity does mitigate free logical thought. Do you realize how many times I had diehard Christians tell me, "See there you go using science again" when I am proving a point about the existence of God(s) and nth-dimensions of entropy/enthrapy of energy (life and death for the most part)? My good ol' pal Sergeant Willie Pete made this video, ironically, the other day:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU2aLTj_XYw[/youtube]
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Many unbelievers have fallen for the same lie that Eve fell prey to by Satan. That is that they can become gods and be able to do anything they want, good or evil. Freedom to do anything a person wants to do is a promise of liberty, but really these individuals just serve corruption, as 2 Peter 2 tells us.

Normal people, unsaved and saved, who have not rejected Christ have a limitation on the type and amount of sin they can commit. God has a bridle or a yoke placed upon us, because He hates sin. And a person who is capable of being saved or is saved can't do as many evil things as a reprobate can (those who have rejected Christ and have been rejected by Him).

If a person chooses the pleasure of sin for this lifetime over eternal life, then Christ will reject them. Then they will have liberty to abound in corruption. And their works are these: massive fornication, the type I mentioned before, along with lewdness; wickedness, especially lies, deceit and confusion; inordinate greed and lust for material wealth and possessions which is idolatry (covetousness), and maliciousness.

They are free to slander those things which they do not understand, seeing they have the mentality that, if they can't see it, it therefore must not exist. They slander God, they slander the saints, they slander the faith, they slander God's Word, they even slander the angels. Slander is spiritual murder. It is maliciousness. It is wickedness. Violence covers their mouths, and they have great hatred for people who have essentially done nothing wrong.

If I were a hater of God, instead of spending my limited lifetime railing against God, railing against the faith, and railing against the intelligence of His saints, I would spend my precious time living my life. But you see, they love hatred. It isn't a distraction. It is their life. Their life and the things they love are death and corruption. That's why they are always delighting in the death of Christianity. They love death and destruction and are filled with abject hatred for all good things and good people. They love debate. They love malignity. They love slander. And their mouths devour these things freely. Yes, they are free to commit every sin they can think of without limit, unlike people who love righteousness and goodness. Of course though, in the end, they will suffer, body and soul, for eternity for rejecting Christ.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Adama wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Many unbelievers have fallen for the same lie that Eve fell prey to by Satan. That is that they can become gods and be able to do anything they want, good or evil. Freedom to do anything a person wants to do is a promise of liberty, but really these individuals just serve corruption, as 2 Peter 2 tells us.

Normal people, unsaved and saved, who have not rejected Christ have a limitation on the type and amount of sin they can commit. God has a bridle or a yoke placed upon us, because He hates sin. And a person who is capable of being saved or is saved can't do as many evil things as a reprobate can (those who have rejected Christ and have been rejected by Him).

If a person chooses the pleasure of sin for this lifetime over eternal life, then Christ will reject them. Then they will have liberty to abound in corruption. And their works are these: massive fornication, the type I mentioned before, along with lewdness; wickedness, especially lies, deceit and confusion; inordinate greed and lust for material wealth and possessions which is idolatry (covetousness), and maliciousness.

They are free to slander those things which they do not understand, seeing they have the mentality that, if they can't see it, it therefore must not exist. They slander God, they slander the saints, they slander the faith, they slander God's Word, they even slander the angels. Slander is spiritual murder. It is maliciousness. It is wickedness. Violence covers their mouths, and they have great hatred for people who have essentially done nothing wrong.

If I were a hater of God, instead of spending my limited lifetime railing against God, railing against the faith, and railing against the intelligence of His saints, I would spend my precious time living my life. But you see, they love hatred. It isn't a distraction. It is their life. Their life and the things they love are death and corruption. That's why they are always delighting in the death of Christianity. They love death and destruction and are filled with abject hatred for all good things and good people. They love debate. They love malignity. They love slander. And their mouths devour these things freely. Yes, they are free to commit every sin they can think of without limit, unlike people who love righteousness and goodness. Of course though, in the end, they will suffer, body and soul, for eternity for rejecting Christ.
You should be embarrassed that you, as an adult, have let these myths, fairy tales, and mind tricks rule your existence. Every major religion has its myths, fairy tales, and mind tricks, but the Christian faith seemingly has the most patently ridiculous of them all.

Do you know how you come off? "I implore you to suspend your logic, intellect and better judgment and simply follow with blind faith for if you do not, the fires of hell will burn away at your flesh and the searing pain will last for an eternity. Hark, he who abandons reason (which was given to him by god in the first place) and follows him is among the most virtuous and will live eternally in paradise, just as long as you perpetuate the fearmongering and brainwashing and contribute to the weekly till." Reeeaaaally?

But so long as you are not infecting children with this blather, I say let the fools who would believe such nonsensical drivel do so to their detriment.

It is pure evil masquerading as righteousness and you, sir, should be deeply ashamed!
wingfeather
Freshman Poster

Post by wingfeather »

Even the great Albert Einstein believed in higher power. I am yet to meet a modern day "free thinker" who is more intelligent, more scientific than Einstein...