Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Christianity: Faith or Insanity?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Re: Christianity: Faith or Insanity?

Postby Eric » May 24th, 2017, 1:25 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Eric wrote:Certain things can taint you growing up, whether it's drugs or alcohol, addictions, pathologies, phobias, or sexual deviancies. This is just a fact of human nature. Humans are extremely complex and our behaviors often don't make sense and are emotional in origin. Much of it has to do with our family of origin and our upbringing, or what happened to us...belief structures we were taught, all these interactions go together to create complex human beings.

I don't buy the explanation "Born this way". It's simplistic and utter nonsense and insulting to the human condition. It's actually kind of a fascistic thinking that is kind of scary, in a way.

None of that refutes that the man is GAY, no matter if nature or nurture is the cause.

Again, it is Christian bigotry that makes people feel torment and guilt for being gay. It does not matter the root cause of his homosexuality, HE'S GAY! "Christians" (and others) just get over it.....

For the record, homosexuality could be a result of EITHER nature or nurture. We need to get out of the dichotomous thinking on the matter.


I refute that the man is gay, because of what that means. What IS it? Gay people don't feel torment because Christians make them, it's because they are doing something wrong and out of line with nature. They feel internally a sense of wrongness and 'guilt'.

If he's gay because of nurture, then that implies that there are things he could do to not be gay anymore. That changes everything.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: March 20th, 2016, 4:07 am




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Re: Christianity: Faith or Insanity?

Postby starchild5 » May 24th, 2017, 2:32 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:You be the judge....




...I'm a roman catholic christian and my house is just 10 meters away from church, infact, my great grandfather donated some lands for church..so you can imagine how devoted we were.

Sunday's School, Bible Studies...Sucks your life and soul when you are the most vulnerable aka Kid....and then when you go to school....you are brainwashed by the same zog empire.

If ever there was a Jesus and he had followers..Definitely, they did not write the bible....present day bible stinks of Zionist propaganda..a Psy-Op....contradiction, twisted parable and words...to control humanity.

The most difficult phase in my life was when I followed bible to the T...its only when you open up your life..you Experience the joy and sadness of the world as is..You bath in the beauty of physical life...

What is even the use of a god and bible, koran, geeta etc...when you just be open minded and enjoy the nature as is...you make mistake, you learn, you move on...Its so simple...

Mistake and failure should not be a big deal....We need to take responsibility for our own life and improve ourselves..No religion can save us...I know cliche mainstream line...but even Atheism is not true as well..Its created by zog empire...

Why it is always have to be believe in god or not line..there are so many middle ground one can take...and enjoy his life journey...

I'm glad more and more people are choosing their life path
User avatar
starchild5
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 11:32 am

Re: Christianity: Faith or Insanity?

Postby starchild5 » May 24th, 2017, 2:39 am

Eric wrote:In my case it was perfectionism, that really 'screwed' me up if you want to call it that. ...It profoundly affected my worldview, formations of attitudes and beliefs, my decision making and even my ability to emotionally self-regulate, if you can believe that. It's an all encompassing belief style, which I've gained more awareness of as I've gotten older and more mature (hopefully). Perfectionism is one of those insidious things that will eat your life out from the inside in so many ways, you don't even realize it, the problem with it is that it's rewarding in your accomplishments - so you don't want to give it up. Most don't, until it's too late. Most personality styles are overvalued and it's hard to see outside ourselves...everything comes from our own view. My attitude screwed me and I couldn't give it up, or wouldn't change it at all, that was a thing of being young. ..I still have to look at my attitudes and beliefs, and patterns and analyze them to change them or alter them to see if they are working for me. I'm a recovering perfectionist, much like a recovering alcoholic - and I always will be, for the rest of my life...(here's an article: https://www.ocdonline.com/the-right-stuff)
This insane, irrational personality style leaves you incredibly in self imposed isolation, hard work, idealism. It's responsible for some of the most genius people on the planet, but also the most intense suffering. I had a suffering and a self-persecution complex, It was severe asceticism and high standards.
So, to me...basically and I'll be honest. The most profound wisdom, discipline and etc., come from Judaism, simply because they offer logic, common sense and are based on sound principles. Not some esoteric belief systems that are based on "faith". There's nothing wrong with that but it does absolutely nothing when it comes to ethical personal discipline or hard work. Judaism gives a backbone for all that, and emphasize personal choice and action. Nothing could be more important, realistic or empowering in life, in my own personal opinion.


You are one of the smartest forum member...I'm sure you will come out of every problem the life throws out to you...Your analysis of Bible, Judaism is correct...You self analyse as well..That is amazing talent...

You have the right attitude to even believe in god or not...read bible or not....eventually, if it does not work..you know how to come out of it....aka..My main point is...You are not stuck up.

Perfectionism is very dangerous...It killed my soul as well...I'm only realizing now that...Trial and Error is the best attitude for life....If anyone says or believes in perfection, and thinks doing right every time is the correct way..is setting himself for failure..

I learned this the hard way....There is no right way..only a chosen path for Soul to experience this life.
User avatar
starchild5
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 11:32 am

Re: Christianity: Faith or Insanity?

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » May 24th, 2017, 3:44 am

Eric wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Eric wrote:Certain things can taint you growing up, whether it's drugs or alcohol, addictions, pathologies, phobias, or sexual deviancies. This is just a fact of human nature. Humans are extremely complex and our behaviors often don't make sense and are emotional in origin. Much of it has to do with our family of origin and our upbringing, or what happened to us...belief structures we were taught, all these interactions go together to create complex human beings.

I don't buy the explanation "Born this way". It's simplistic and utter nonsense and insulting to the human condition. It's actually kind of a fascistic thinking that is kind of scary, in a way.

None of that refutes that the man is GAY, no matter if nature or nurture is the cause.

Again, it is Christian bigotry that makes people feel torment and guilt for being gay. It does not matter the root cause of his homosexuality, HE'S GAY! "Christians" (and others) just get over it.....

For the record, homosexuality could be a result of EITHER nature or nurture. We need to get out of the dichotomous thinking on the matter.


I refute that the man is gay, because of what that means. What IS it? Gay people don't feel torment because Christians make them, it's because they are doing something wrong and out of line with nature. They feel internally a sense of wrongness and 'guilt'.

If he's gay because of nurture, then that implies that there are things he could do to not be gay anymore. That changes everything.

Is that what you think? Thanks for proving my point. YOU LOSE!
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Christianity: Faith or Insanity?

Postby Zambales » May 24th, 2017, 8:33 am

I grew up into Christianity and I never felt comfortable being around these people. There were nice, decent folk amongst them but to me they seemed like puppets unable to think for themselves. It was too pretentious for my liking. I didn't want to base my life on an outdated, complicated instruction manual so I left home in my teens in search of reality and I'm glad I did.

I also don't think it's right for parents to lead their children into religion. They should be free to make up their own minds.
User avatar
Zambales
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 964
Joined: August 9th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Re: Christianity: Faith or Insanity?

Postby Jonny Law » May 24th, 2017, 2:22 pm

Jonny Law Says:
Our f***ing Legal System is borrowed from Christian Morals (Ten Commandments)
1. When Christian Morals actually existed society functioned
2. Now Society is falling

NEWSFLASH!
This just in!
All religions are INSANITY!
All major religions have functioning society

Secular Society = Debt and Collapse
1. USSR (former Soviet Union ie. Russia)
2. Greece
3. Venezuela
Jonny Law
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 993
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Re: Christianity: Faith or Insanity?

Postby Eric » May 24th, 2017, 6:06 pm

starchild5 wrote:
Eric wrote:In my case it was perfectionism, that really 'screwed' me up if you want to call it that. ...It profoundly affected my worldview, formations of attitudes and beliefs, my decision making and even my ability to emotionally self-regulate, if you can believe that. It's an all encompassing belief style, which I've gained more awareness of as I've gotten older and more mature (hopefully). Perfectionism is one of those insidious things that will eat your life out from the inside in so many ways, you don't even realize it, the problem with it is that it's rewarding in your accomplishments - so you don't want to give it up. Most don't, until it's too late. Most personality styles are overvalued and it's hard to see outside ourselves...everything comes from our own view. My attitude screwed me and I couldn't give it up, or wouldn't change it at all, that was a thing of being young. ..I still have to look at my attitudes and beliefs, and patterns and analyze them to change them or alter them to see if they are working for me. I'm a recovering perfectionist, much like a recovering alcoholic - and I always will be, for the rest of my life...(here's an article: https://www.ocdonline.com/the-right-stuff)
This insane, irrational personality style leaves you incredibly in self imposed isolation, hard work, idealism. It's responsible for some of the most genius people on the planet, but also the most intense suffering. I had a suffering and a self-persecution complex, It was severe asceticism and high standards.
So, to me...basically and I'll be honest. The most profound wisdom, discipline and etc., come from Judaism, simply because they offer logic, common sense and are based on sound principles. Not some esoteric belief systems that are based on "faith". There's nothing wrong with that but it does absolutely nothing when it comes to ethical personal discipline or hard work. Judaism gives a backbone for all that, and emphasize personal choice and action. Nothing could be more important, realistic or empowering in life, in my own personal opinion.


You are one of the smartest forum member...I'm sure you will come out of every problem the life throws out to you...Your analysis of Bible, Judaism is correct...You self analyse as well..That is amazing talent...

You have the right attitude to even believe in god or not...read bible or not....eventually, if it does not work..you know how to come out of it....aka..My main point is...You are not stuck up.

Perfectionism is very dangerous...It killed my soul as well...I'm only realizing now that...Trial and Error is the best attitude for life....If anyone says or believes in perfection, and thinks doing right every time is the correct way..is setting himself for failure..

I learned this the hard way....There is no right way..only a chosen path for Soul to experience this life.


Thank you, yeah it's taken a lot of study and insight and hard work. One thing I'm convinced of, is that this liberalism, free choices, individuality - it is a scam and a sham to control people and enslave them (in an ironic twist). Who would've thought you could've been enslaved by "liberty". Remember these people hijack language, so the words don't mean what they think they mean, that's why it's hard to go against it and you can't say you are against "liberty" and freedom. The truth is freedom and "independence" confine us into narrow shelves of humans - and block us off from the life force that connects us all together. It's a sham, it's farce.
That's why it doesn't feel good.
The further unconnected we are and separated we are from each other... the more unhappy we are. We all need to get back to some basic truths of life.
You can't do whatever you want, you can't do whatever.
You are not that different from others, as you think, and that is a "lie".

Nowhere in any God concept of any religion is individuality "enlightened" or anything...not even in Gnosticism, the closest thing. That is that god is in each one of us, not external. But that is not the same as external individuation, there's a huge difference.

We are all more alike than similar.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: March 20th, 2016, 4:07 am

Re: Christianity: Faith or Insanity?

Postby MrMan » May 24th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Eric,

You've claimed to be a Christian all this time, but have you ever even read the whole New Testament?
MrMan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: Christianity: Faith or Insanity?

Postby Eric » May 24th, 2017, 9:59 pm

I claimed to be raised a Christian, and I claimed that Roman Catholicism is the REAL Christian religion, which I still hold to... that's what I've claimed. I've read parts of the whole New Testament, but not the whole thing through.
A wise pastor once told me, the Bible is more a quarry to be mined, not a newspaper to be read.

I don't think religion is an escape all for mankind, but it can be helpful. There comes a point where you have to look at and work on yourself on a very real level, that's inescapable. But the way I see it in my mind is as a pyramid, the base teachings lead to others and they build up on top of each other. Judaism is chock full of knowledge and practical wisdom that can aide and guide you toward self- work, it should be studied first and most heavily - then the others on top.
Last edited by Eric on May 25th, 2017, 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: March 20th, 2016, 4:07 am

Re: Christianity: Faith or Insanity?

Postby MrMan » May 25th, 2017, 1:26 am

Eric,

I'd imagine that pastor wasn't trying to talk you out of quarrying the New Testament. Why don't you just read the whole thing? You don't have to go in order. You could start with the book of John, for example.

The New Testament is also a very Jewish book, written by Jews.
MrMan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: Christianity: Faith or Insanity?

Postby starchild5 » May 25th, 2017, 2:19 am

Eric wrote:
Thank you, yeah it's taken a lot of study and insight and hard work. One thing I'm convinced of, is that this liberalism, free choices, individuality - it is a scam and a sham to control people and enslave them (in an ironic twist). Who would've thought you could've been enslaved by "liberty". Remember these people hijack language, so the words don't mean what they think they mean, that's why it's hard to go against it and you can't say you are against "liberty" and freedom. The truth is freedom and "independence" confine us into narrow shelves of humans - and block us off from the life force that connects us all together. It's a sham, it's farce.
That's why it doesn't feel good.
The further unconnected we are and separated we are from each other... the more unhappy we are. We all need to get back to some basic truths of life.
You can't do whatever you want, you can't do whatever.
You are not that different from others, as you think, and that is a "lie".

Nowhere in any God concept of any religion is individuality "enlightened" or anything...not even in Gnosticism, the closest thing. That is that god is in each one of us, not external. But that is not the same as external individuation, there's a huge difference.

We are all more alike than similar.


Yes. Freedom, Justice, Liberty & Choice is a SCAM.

The way they crafted it and presented it to humanity was brilliant. We didn't see it coming...It was so subtle.
User avatar
starchild5
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 11:32 am

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests