Why many Christians are not TRUE Christians

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
lollipop
Freshman Poster

Re: Why many Christians are not TRUE Christians

Post by lollipop »

What do you think should be a "real Christian"?
redfeather
Freshman Poster

Post by redfeather »

Let me ask you this question? If you could go all the way back to the church that Jesus Christ built with his 12 Apostles when they traveled in the desert and used tents and they carried the Ark of the Covenant...would you join the church that Jesus Christ built? I started studying all the various forms of Christianity over 20 years ago, and my search led me to the Church that Jesus Christ built The Orthodox Church. I became a member of the Orthodox Church because it is the only Church in the whole world that has it's roots traceable back to the original Church that Jesus Christ built which is the Orthodox Church. There was a Schism (split) between the Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church in 1054 because the Catholics wanted to have a supreme Pope over the whole church and the Orthodox Church said No because this is not how Jesus Christ formed and built His original church. So, this is where the break occurred and the Catholics went down their path and introduced false doctrine into the Catholic Church. The Orthodox Church is the original Church that Jesus Christ built and we still worship in the same guidelines and follow the same doctrine of the Original Church. We do not teach feminism, and we do not allow same sex marriage.
Retired Army Colonel (Combat Arms)
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Adama wrote:
November 1st, 2017, 7:02 pm
No, you can't sin as much as you want to. That is a misunderstanding which many of those who lack knowledge possess.

It is true that salvation is by faith alone (or by simply believing, just another way of saying it). Salvation is not by works because Jesus kept the whole law for us. He fulfilled all righteousness and thereby He conquered the commandments for us. Meaning that He has overcome the commandments for us. And then He took the penalty for our sins by dying for us. So all we must do is believe in Him.

This is why there is no work of repentance from sins that can save a person. Because repentance from sin is nothing more than turning from sin and then keeping the law, which is work. Trusting in our own works is not trust in the Lord. It is trusting in ourselves. Salvation is outside the commandments. It is by faith alone.

Now, because a person doesn't keep the law to be saved, it doesn't mean they can sin as much as they want. There are two forms of death. There is the eternal death of the soul known as hell (where eternal punishment takes place for the soul). Then there is death of the body. This can come in the forms of premature death, diseases, ailments, and all kinds of trouble, including spiritual blindness which means basically missing out on much of the good things in life because they're living in a confused state.

The way is still narrow. On the broad path people can sin as much as they want. God hates sin and demands holiness. Therefore Christians, if they do not want to be punished, must walk on the narrow path. Else they may face disease, premature death, blindness of heart and other forms of trouble as punishment. Their souls remained saved. Because there is no point in rescuing and playing hop scotch with salvation. Salvation can't be lost. It's eternal just as the words indicate, and once a person believes in the Lord, he has already gained eternal life, because it is an immediate gift, not one which one must wait to see if it's going to be there. As soon as the person believes by faith alone, they are saved and possess eternal life.
Great post Adama!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Aron wrote:
July 23rd, 2018, 2:28 pm
@Winston

Bumping the thread since it's been about a week with no response from you, if you don't want to respond anymore just say it in a post rather than randomly vanishing.
Hi @Aron,
Well I don't know what you want me to respond to. In your long post above, at viewtopic.php?style=11&p=311243#p311243 I basically agree with most of what you wrote. We both have similar criticisms of Christianity. It is too authoritarian and judgmental and without basis, and does not allow freethought or freedom. We both agree on that. The only difference is that you don't like my spiritual, gnostic, or conspiracy views that much, or you don't buy them. That's fine, but then what's your explanation of reality or why we are here, or why evil and corruption dominate the world? What's your theory? You can nitpick other people's theories all you want, but do you have a better alternative? Surely you realize that Richard Dawkins theory that everything is soulless and random does not suffice? It offers nothing and explains nothing. Same with Stephen Hawkings' theories. Ultimately we all go with what makes sense to us and resonates with us the most. That includes you too I'm sure.

The thing, you can say you don't find any credence in my matrix theories or Gnostic beliefs or whatever, but you cannot disprove them either or offer a better alternative. Right? If so, then this is going around in circles and has no point. Unless you have a better alternative, there's not much to discuss. You see what I mean? I know you are no longer here, but feel free to visit and drop in from time to time.

Btw, are you sure you're not that big atheistic evolution promoter on YouTube named AronRa? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne