Update: WE ARE BACK ONLINE! The Forum has been RESTORED! See announcement here. If there are any problems or issues, please report them in the announcement thread. Note: Unfortunately I was not able to import the posts made after the crash (on Sept 18) into the restored forum. However, I exported all the posts submitted after the crash into a Word file, so you can download it, find your posts and re-post them. Download the posts here. Thanks for your patience and welcome back everyone!



Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7422
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Cornfed » August 6th, 2019, 9:11 am

Taco wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 7:49 am
If salvation is by faith alone then you wouldn't need to go to get baptized, go to church, or obey the 10 commandments because you'll still be
saved no matter what you do. As a Mormon, I don't believe that.

But Jim Baker did. Banging hookers with church collection money...

What is it about Tammy that instinctively makes me want to thwop her head off with an katana?




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3542
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » August 6th, 2019, 4:02 pm

Neo wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 8:52 am
Acts 8:37 shows us that to be baptized, a person must already believe in Christ (meaning he is already saved). The requirement for salvation isn't baptism or any work. It is simply believe that Jesus is the Son of God, known as the Messiah, Christ, Redeemer, Savior. He saves. Our righteousnesses don't save us.
LIE ALERT: So an infant or a mentally disabled person cannot be "saved" because they cannot conceptualize the Jesus as the son of God lie? Get real....
Neo wrote: However, not everyone who commits sin is cut off. The saved who commit sin will be chastised in this life and or have a lesser reward in heaven.
So I can just believe that your "Jesus" figure is the actual son of god (True Christians think he actually IS god by the way of the trinity) then commit crimes and harm people all I wish and one's access to heaven is still guaranteed?

You really need to stop this Neo. Both you and it sound quite deranged.

User avatar
Neo
Freshman Poster
Posts: 487
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Neo » August 6th, 2019, 11:33 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 4:02 pm
Neo wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 8:52 am
Acts 8:37 shows us that to be baptized, a person must already believe in Christ (meaning he is already saved). The requirement for salvation isn't baptism or any work. It is simply believe that Jesus is the Son of God, known as the Messiah, Christ, Redeemer, Savior. He saves. Our righteousnesses don't save us.
LIE ALERT: So an infant or a mentally disabled person cannot be "saved" because they cannot conceptualize the Jesus as the son of God lie? Get real....
Neo wrote: However, not everyone who commits sin is cut off. The saved who commit sin will be chastised in this life and or have a lesser reward in heaven.
So I can just believe that your "Jesus" figure is the actual son of god (True Christians think he actually IS god by the way of the trinity) then commit crimes and harm people all I wish and one's access to heaven is still guaranteed?

You really need to stop this Neo. Both you and it sound quite deranged.
Wicked people who seek to harm others will not be granted salvation. These are the people God hates, and He will not save them. And He knows who is wicked and who is good. He knows all things. He knows every person's soul. So no, if they are so wicked as that, they will not be joining God in heaven.

Yes, Jesus is God, and He is one with the Father and the Holy Ghost, but to be saved, a person must believe that Jesus is the Christ, meaning He is the Messiah, the Son of God.

Babies should not be baptized for the reason you mentioned. They have not yet believed. Babies and premature infants still go to heaven if they die.

Thanks for that.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3542
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » August 7th, 2019, 1:00 am

Neo wrote: Wicked people who seek to harm others will not be granted salvation. These are the people God hates, and He will not save them. And He knows who is wicked and who is good. He knows all things. He knows every person's soul. So no, if they are so wicked as that, they will not be joining God in heaven.
Well then you agree that you were lying above and elsewhere that all that is necessary is to believe Jesus is the Son of God. Busted!
Neo wrote: Yes, Jesus is God, and He is one with the Father and the Holy Ghost, but to be saved, a person must believe that Jesus is the Christ, meaning He is the Messiah, the Son of God.
Make up your mind. Either your Jesus is your god, or he is not. There is no magical fusion by claiming Jesus is really the father and the holy ghost also. The trinity myth is one of the most blatant examples of nonsense in all of Christianity. Your ten commandments require you to worship ONE god, not three that you claim is really one via mental gymnastics. Busted!
Neo wrote: Babies should not be baptized for the reason you mentioned. They have not yet believed. Babies and premature infants still go to heaven if they die.
Oh really? And where is your proof or are you just making things up as you go along to suit your agenda? I also love how you conveniently ignored my question about mentally disabled people who I guess could never be "saved" with your requirement.

Face it, your religion is a FRAUD designed to dupe people into control and servitude via fear. I think many religious people will end up in hell if there is one. Depriving people of their free will via COERCION is just plain wrong.

User avatar
Neo
Freshman Poster
Posts: 487
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Neo » August 7th, 2019, 1:07 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 1:00 am
Neo wrote: Wicked people who seek to harm others will not be granted salvation. These are the people God hates, and He will not save them. And He knows who is wicked and who is good. He knows all things. He knows every person's soul. So no, if they are so wicked as that, they will not be joining God in heaven.
Well then you agree that you were lying above and elsewhere that all that is necessary is to believe Jesus is the Son of God. Busted!
All that is required to be saved is to believe that Jesus is the Son of God. However, there are some people who are reprobate, who have perfected evil. These are people that God does not want. (Because why should a truly evil person be granted eternal life? And why would God want to invite such a person to live in His house with Him personally?) For these people, they will not be able to get saved, because God will not give them the faith to believe. Even faith itself is a gift from God. If God has rejected a person, He will not give that person faith. These people will never be able to accept that salvation is simply by faith in Jesus. There are many people who are unable to believe in Jesus, because they are rejected, and they are rejected because they are truly evil and detestable. These people believe in delusions.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

User avatar
Neo
Freshman Poster
Posts: 487
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Neo » August 7th, 2019, 1:12 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 1:00 am
Face it, your religion is a FRAUD designed to dupe people into control and servitude via fear. I think many religious people will end up in hell if there is one. Depriving people of their free will via COERCION is just plain wrong.
Certainly many religious people will perish. However, no saved person will ever perish in hell. And there is no coercion to say a person must simply trust in Christ to save them. That is salvation, not coercion.

All you do is testify against yourself, showing God whose side you're truly on. It doesn't bother me one bit that you say you've busted me.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3542
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » August 7th, 2019, 7:44 am

Neo wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 1:12 am
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 1:00 am
Face it, your religion is a FRAUD designed to dupe people into control and servitude via fear. I think many religious people will end up in hell if there is one. Depriving people of their free will via COERCION is just plain wrong.
Certainly many religious people will perish. However, no saved person will ever perish in hell. And there is no coercion to say a person must simply trust in Christ to save them. That is salvation, not coercion.

All you do is testify against yourself, showing God whose side you're truly on. It doesn't bother me one bit that you say you've busted me.
You remind me of Jim Jones, the late Pastor of The People’s Temple in Jonestown, Guyana. Your wicked self-righteousness might be worse than his even, and he earned himself a fast track to hell which is where you’ll end up unless you do some deep introspection and soul searching to rid yourself of this obsession with getting others to drink the poison Kool Aid that you’ve obviously already drunk.

Image

Doing that in the name of "god" to other Christians guarantees you a place in hell which is where I increasingly think you belong.

User avatar
Neo
Freshman Poster
Posts: 487
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Neo » August 7th, 2019, 9:32 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 7:44 am
Neo wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 1:12 am
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 1:00 am
Face it, your religion is a FRAUD designed to dupe people into control and servitude via fear. I think many religious people will end up in hell if there is one. Depriving people of their free will via COERCION is just plain wrong.
Certainly many religious people will perish. However, no saved person will ever perish in hell. And there is no coercion to say a person must simply trust in Christ to save them. That is salvation, not coercion.

All you do is testify against yourself, showing God whose side you're truly on. It doesn't bother me one bit that you say you've busted me.
You remind me of Jim Jones, the late Pastor of The People’s Temple in Jonestown, Guyana. Your wicked self-righteousness might be worse than his even, and he earned himself a fast track to hell which is where you’ll end up unless you do some deep introspection and soul searching to rid yourself of this obsession with getting others to drink the poison Kool Aid that you’ve obviously already drunk.

Image

Doing that in the name of "god" to other Christians guarantees you a place in hell which is where I increasingly think you belong.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3542
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » August 7th, 2019, 10:10 am

If you are believing the nonsense Neo is peddling here, do yourself a favor and view this video. You may be falling prey to cult-programming which is the repetitive, mantra-like ramblings often with biblical citations.



Learn to think critically for yourself and don't let cult recruiters like Neo bring you under their control!

Image

User avatar
Neo
Freshman Poster
Posts: 487
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Neo » August 7th, 2019, 10:19 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 10:10 am
If you are believing the nonsense Neo is peddling here, do yourself a favor and view this video. You may be falling prey to cult-programming which is the repetitive, mantra-like ramblings often with biblical citations.



Learn to think critically for yourself and don't let cult recruiters like Neo bring you under their control!

Image
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3542
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » August 7th, 2019, 10:23 am

Image

User avatar
Neo
Freshman Poster
Posts: 487
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Neo » August 7th, 2019, 2:02 pm

Christians are part of the communities all around us everywhere. It's not a cult.

In the Bible, false prophets are spoken of. These are the ravening wolves in sheep's clothing who are seeking to devour other people's lives, especially by leading them into a false gospel that doesn't save, or even leading them to death in some cases. Cults are formed by these false prophets, and it was even foreknown that because of them Christianity would be evil-spoken of. [Also, many false prophets will steal other men's wives, and others are homosexuals - this is opposed to Christianity.]

Christianity is not about forming some community in the wilderness of Guyana, and that isn't necessary. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Christians need to remove themselves out of a community (except for if that city is about to be destroyed by God).

The first and main thing that Christianity is about is believing and accepting that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God. That is the only thing a person has to do to be saved and to be a Christian. Everything else about Christianity is the keeping of the commandments. People are not commanded to live apart from civilization or to form a sect in the wilderness. And there are multiple warnings against false prophets and ravening wolves.

Also, I have not spoken of keeping the commandments in detail on this form, except to say that, we are commanded to love each other as we would have others love us, and treat other people the way we'd want them to treat us. That has nothing to do with forming or joining a cult.

A wise man shouldn't liken Christianity to a cult.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2539
Joined: April 19th, 2013, 1:26 am

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer » August 7th, 2019, 3:39 pm

Image
^^^ Guy looks like a WASP version of Dave Chappelle.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3542
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » August 7th, 2019, 4:23 pm

Neo wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 2:02 pm
A wise man shouldn't liken Christianity to a cult.
That is the point, you are not pushing true Christianity. You are pushing false doctrine and backward lies to suit your agenda. So your particular brand of Christianity is a cult, not legitimate Christianity which I could tolerate.
Evil under the guise of righteousness goes straight to the fires of hell, and rightfully so!

User avatar
Neo
Freshman Poster
Posts: 487
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Neo » August 7th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 4:23 pm
Neo wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 2:02 pm
A wise man shouldn't liken Christianity to a cult.
That is the point, you are not pushing true Christianity. You are pushing false doctrine and backward lies to suit your agenda. So your particular brand of Christianity is a cult, not legitimate Christianity which I could tolerate.
Evil under the guise of righteousness goes straight to the fires of hell, and rightfully so!
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Religion and Spirituality”