Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 395
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by TruthSeeker » June 1st, 2018, 6:16 am

It is a work Adama, whether you wish to acknowledge it or not. It is a work.

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by Adama » June 5th, 2018, 7:12 am

Winston wrote:
May 31st, 2018, 10:59 am
I dare you to watch this Adama, and admit your doctrine is wrong! The Bible proves it! Watch the WHOLE thing below! Don't be lazy. No excuses! If you deny any of this, I will repeat and tell you to watch the video! It answers all your questions and refutes all your objections! WATCH NOW!

Video description and table of contents:

http://www.10LoveCommandments.com

Want to know the REAL truth about how to obtain eternal life?
Want to know Satan's demonic salvation doctrines?
Want to never be confused again in church over salvation?
Then this Salvation Equation Seminar is for you!

The Salvation Equation Series is a 12 part video series covering all things concerning salvation (how to obtain eternal life). It is centered around a simple equation that will easily clear up all confusion in today's churches over this matter.

This video should be watched by every student in seminary or divinity school. It is a must learn for every pastor, preacher, or priest of the Bible across the world.

Part 01 - Introduction (0:00)
Part 02 - The Salvation Equation (2:37)
Part 03 - Repentance FOR Forgiveness of Sins (15:23)
Part 04 - What Must I DO to Obtain Eternal Life (28:40)
Part 05 - By Grace Are You Saved Through Faith (41:54)
Part 06 - Not of Works Lest Any Man Should Boast (53:30)
Part 07 - The Free Gift of Eternal Life (1:13:30)
Part 08 - If You Believe Jesus Died & Rose Again (1:24:51)
Part 09 - Have You Accepted Jesus as Your Savior (1:39:15)
Part 10 - Can You Lose Your Salvation / OSAS (1:54:20)
Part 11 - Other Bible Phrases Equal to "Keep 10LC" (2:06:55)
Part 12 - Conclusion (Israelites Exodus) (2:21:22)


He is confused about salvation. Salvation is not by the Ten Commandments.

As far as the commandments are concerned, this is how they work:

If someone is doing good works, or at least if they haven't given themselves over to evil (if they haven't become a reprobate/irredeemable/rejected), then God will send someone to win their soul to Christ. Then they must believe in Christ by faith alone. In other words, keeping the commandments before a person believes in Christ (gets saved) keeps that person from becoming irredeemable.

If someone gives himself over to sin, in other words if that person becomes a rebel, then he has made himself irredeemable, and God will not reveal or show to that man His salvation.

In other words, keeping the commandments doesn't get a person saved; it gets God's attention for them to get saved. God will send that person the gospel. However, breaking the commandments to the point where the person becomes a rebel means that they will never get saved.

Man cannot exalt himself to eternal life by doing good. God does demand that we do good, but that is not sufficient to enter into heaven. Only Christ is good enough to enter into heaven by keeping the commandments. Mortal man cannot keep all the commandments, because man is a fallen creature. If salvation were by works, then every person ever born would be in hell and would never get to heaven, because nobody can keep all the commandments [It is an absolute perfect standard and all have come short of it].

That's why we trust in Christ to get us there. Doing good; keeping ourselves from sin; keeping the commandments, gets God's attention, and He will send that person the gospel. Breaking the commandments brings His wrath, and if the person has gone too far, then God will not reveal the gospel to him.

Although a person can condemn himself by doing evil, a person cannot exalt himself to eternal life by doing good. Christ is needed. Man's works are not sufficient. Only by Christ are we saved, by believing in Him and His works, not on our own works. Salvation is not by works, but condemnation is by works. Salvation is not by works because it is impossible to keep all the commandments.

That's why Christ came to save the world: to grant eternal life freely to all who believe in Him.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 395
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by TruthSeeker » June 5th, 2018, 8:58 am

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by Adama » June 5th, 2018, 3:07 pm

Christ did not die for the angels. The angels were always in the presence of God in heaven. If angels have a plan of salvation, God has not spoken of it that we know of. It is something that is impertinent to man.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 395
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by TruthSeeker » June 5th, 2018, 3:48 pm

James 2

1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;

3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:

4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?

5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?

7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by Adama » June 5th, 2018, 4:03 pm

James 2 is a snare for those who believe in works.

Salvation is by faith alone:

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Even breaking one commandment nullifies work salvation:

10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

If breaking even one commandment means the whole law is broken, then salvation cannot be by works. It therefore must be by faith.

Faith is dead if not completed with good works. However, the standard for salvation is faith. Whether it is dead or alive is not relevant to eternal salvation. It still exists whether it is dead or alive. If their faith were non-existent or misplaced then that would be an issue.

James is not talking about work salvation here. He is talking about works that are profitable for believers to be doing. This is a snare and a confusion to most people.
Last edited by Adama on June 5th, 2018, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 395
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by TruthSeeker » June 5th, 2018, 4:16 pm

I'm not saying works alone Adama. I am saying works and faith. They both work together.

That is why you are confused.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by Adama » June 5th, 2018, 4:19 pm

Works nullify grace. It is either completely by works or completely by faith. Because if grace is free, and works are earned, then trying to earn salvation through works means it is not free, which means it is not by grace. If it is by grace, meaning it is free, then it cannot be earned, which means it is not by works.

Besides that, nobody can keep all the commandments, because only Christ can do that. Salvation cannot include works.

Good works must be done, and the commandments must be kept, as long as the believer realizes, that it isn't the commandments that save them. It is faith. Just as sprinting has nothing to do with salvation, neither do works. However, a person must still keep the commandments as God has stated, as long as they realize that keeping the commandments is not for salvation. Faith/belief in Christ is what imputes salvation.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 395
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by TruthSeeker » June 5th, 2018, 6:02 pm

Adama wrote:
June 5th, 2018, 4:19 pm
Works nullify grace.
No they don't. You can't add to grace and you can't subtract from it. Nullifying would be subtracting from it.

Works compliment grace or are the evidence thereof.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by Adama » June 5th, 2018, 6:22 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
June 5th, 2018, 6:02 pm
Adama wrote:
June 5th, 2018, 4:19 pm
Works nullify grace.
No they don't. You can't add to grace and you can't subtract from it. Nullifying would be subtracting from it.

Works compliment grace or are the evidence thereof.
Exactly: You cannot add to grace. It is free. However, it can be nullified, by adding works to it as far as salvation. A person who trusts in his own works to save him trusts in himself and not in Christ (which also makes him equal with Christ, and why would Christ be needed if the person can simply do it?). It is Christ's work that saves. That's why we must simply believe, trust and have faith in Him.

Works compliment faith, but after salvation. Grace is free, and it is given simply for the believer having faith in Christ (and not on his own works; trusting in our own works denies Christ).
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 395
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by TruthSeeker » June 5th, 2018, 6:34 pm

John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Nullifying would contradict Jesus' statement here. In other words what you're saying is once they've received grace, that can be nullified and they can lose their salvation. Jesus said they shall never perish.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by Adama » June 5th, 2018, 6:38 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
June 5th, 2018, 6:34 pm
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Nullifying would contradict Jesus' statement here. In other words what you're saying is once they've received grace, that can be nullified and they can lose their salvation. Jesus said they shall never perish.
No, I am saying that if a person trusts in their own works, they have not ever received grace, because grace comes only through faith. If a person believes salvation comes through grace by faith AND by works, then by adding works, they have just denied grace, because grace is free, and works are works, and works are not free.

Only people who believe by faith alone receive grace, and they will never lose their salvation, as you just quoted above. However, if someone thinks that salvation is free (by grace) yet they're also trusting in their own works (earnings), then they are really just trusting in their works. Because grace will not be given if the person trusts in their works. Grace is free, not earned. Trusting in our own works means that salvation is earned through our works.

Either salvation is earned by our own works, or it is given to us freely, for trusting in Christ and His works (and His works are complete). A man cannot keep all the commandments, only Christ can do that. Therefore only by faith in Christ are we saved.

Work salvation is a deception.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by Adama » June 5th, 2018, 9:47 pm

Grace means salvation is free by faith in Christ. Works means that a person is earning their salvation by doing good. The two cannot be combined. If a person is saved by their own works, they are earning their salvation. Therefore salvation is no longer free.

That is, by trusting in their own works, they have canceled out grace. Grace is free. Works are earning salvation. Either salvation is free or it is earned. It cannot be both free and earned. This is why works and grace cannot be combined.

However, believers must still do good works, because if they sin too far, their lives in this world may be destroyed. The eternal penalty is covered, but their lives can be taken or otherwise ruined in this world.

Works are not for salvation.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 395
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by TruthSeeker » June 6th, 2018, 10:51 am

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

We get it. We understand that. But what James is saying is that you don't have true faith unless you have works to back it up. Works are the evidence that you have true faith. That's why he says faith without works is a dead faith.

True faith (belief) always follows with works. The works themselves don't save but they are the evidence of a true faith.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Why Biblical Salvation is by WORKS and Grace, NOT Grace Alone!

Post by Adama » June 6th, 2018, 3:20 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
June 6th, 2018, 10:51 am
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

We get it. We understand that. But what James is saying is that you don't have true faith unless you have works to back it up. Works are the evidence that you have true faith. That's why he says faith without works is a dead faith.

True faith (belief) always follows with works. The works themselves don't save but they are the evidence of a true faith.
Faith itself is the evidence of salvation. James is not talking about salvation. He is talking about a different matter. He is talking to believers, those who are already saved, what they should be doing to be profitable. Everyone's faith is dead when they get saved. It matters where a person puts their faith, as far as being saved, not whether it is dead or alive. Because it is hardly alive before a person gets saved.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Religion and Spirituality”