This guy prophesying specific stuff over people

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

This guy prophesying specific stuff over people

Post by MrMan »

Last edited by MrMan on October 14th, 2018, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: This guy prophesying over people

Post by TruthSeeker »

Jeremiah 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

The guy is in the video is a divinator. A seer. He is not sent from God. He is like John Edward or James Van Praagh. Flim flam men. Not sent by God.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: This guy prophesying over people

Post by MrMan »

TruthSeeker wrote:
October 14th, 2018, 12:40 am
Jeremiah 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.
You know the man who wrote that, Jeremiah, was a true prophet. It is quite likely he saw visions when he saw the boiling pot from the north and the almond tree. Jeremiah is not saying that every prophecy or vision is false.
Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Read on in the chapter. It says.

14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the Lord thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.
15 The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken.

The diviners, etc. are forbidden. Prophets are not. Israelites were allowed to go to prophets. Of course, there were both true and false prophets. Do you have any Biblical reason for putting this man in the diviner or false prophet category?
The guy is in the video is a divinator. A seer.
Where do you have any evidence of this guy performing divination? I haven't seen him chopping up livers and reading them, reading flight paths of birds to determine the future or the will of the gods, etc.

You write as if being a seer is a bad thing. Samuel was a seer. So were Gad and Iddo. Most references to 'seer' in the Bible are used in a positive sense. One verse says those who were once called seers are now called prophets. They started using 'navi' more often.

As far as seeing visions go, which is what this guy is apparently proportedly doing sometimes, God told Moses that He would speak to other prophets by visions, dreams, and dark sayings. In the New Testament quoting the prophet Joel, Peter said that in the last days God will pour out His Spirit on all flesh and your sons and daughters shall prophesy. Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams. Seeings visions isn't foribidden. I Corinthians 12 also lists words of wisdom, words of knowledge, and prophecies among gifts given to members of the body of Christ.
He is not sent from God. He is like John Edward or James Van Praagh. Flim flam men. Not sent by God.
The Bible also warns against the sin of slander. Do you think the guy is doing divination or that he is a flim flam man? Do you have any basis for these accusations? The Bible says 'Quench not the Spirits. Despise not prophesying. Prove all things. Hold fast to that which is good." Is your accusation based on despising prophesyings or do you have some evidence against this man?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: This guy prophesying specific stuff over people

Post by MrMan »

Winston is into supernatural stuff. I would have thought he would have been all over this stuff. Apparently, this guy can go on and on like this at times with specific details
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: This guy prophesying specific stuff over people

Post by MrMan »

Here, he knows someone's name is 'Bubba'-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIMjJJHqROo

I was in a meeting like that. The guy prophesied specific stuff over people. He prophesied about one guy going to summer camp. I worked with the assistant pastor's wife, and she whispered to me, confirming the guy was going to work at a summer camp. Same thing with a guy working at a cruise. He even prophesied details about my parents, about plans I'd heard them make. He prayed for a couple of girl's who had a friend with some unusual name, that he'd be a safer driver.

I've witnessed probably hundreds of prophecies and words of knowledge like this over the years.