Eastern Orthodox Christianity - The truest and most original Christian Church?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Eastern Orthodox Christianity - The truest and most original Christian Church?

Post by Neo »

BTW for the Catholics and Orthodox, I suggest they go back and read the passage in the Bible where Christ asks Peter who He is. Christ was not saying that He was building His church upon Peter. He was saying that He was building it upon the belief that Christ is the Son of God. Peter is not the first Pope.
13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
He wasn't talking about building the congregation on or by Peter. He was saying the belief that Jesus is the Son of God is what gets a person saved, thereby building the congregation by their salvation:

1 John 5:13 KJV These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

It's believing that Jesus is the Son of God, also known as the Messiah/Christ/Redeemer/Savior that saves and builds the church, the congregation of the saved.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Eastern Orthodox Christianity - The truest and most original Christian Church?

Post by Winston »

Wow guys. Check this out. I found the perfect place to go MGTOW. Its on a holy mountain called Athos in Greece, where a bunch of Eastern Orthodox monks live in peace and harmony. No women are allowed. Lol. They all live and chant just like the first century Christians did. And are vegetarians too. Lol. Outsiders are not allowed and neither is contamination with the modern world. Wow.

Here is a CBS 60 min report about Athos Greece where an american journalist and camera crew are finally allowed in after 2 years of pleading. Lol.

The monks there are happy and do not even want to leave Athos for even a day. Wow. Isn't that the perfect place to go MGTOW? Especially if you have a hunger and thirst for God? Lol

Here also is a 90 min feature documentary about Athos and life in the monastery there, which is very unique and isolated from the world.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Eastern Orthodox Church - The truest and most original Christian Church?

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 1:25 pm

Christianity and Jesus could all be true, but not Christian doctrine, nor of the teaching of Biblical infallibility.
Understanding itself is a gift of God. Believers have the Holy Ghost residing with them, which imparts understanding of the Bible to them. Unbelievers will not be able to understand.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Brother Nathanael explains why he converted from Judaism to Christian Orthodoxy.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jordan Peterson gives his thoughts on Christian Orthodoxy.

redfeather
Freshman Poster

Post by redfeather »

Winston,
These are good videos of The Holy Mountain Mt. Athos.
If you are an Orthodox in good standing you can receive a written invitation from your own Monastery to travel to Mt. Athos, but this is a trip that you must prepare yourself for.
During WWII when Hitler invaded Greece he did not allow his troops to invade the Holy Mountain.
I take several catches of fresh rainbow trout to the Fathers at our Monastery every season.
Our local Monastery is the Holy Archangels Monastery in Kendalia, Texas.
Here is the link...https://holyarchangels.com/
Go visit the website if you have the chance.
Thanks for posting the videos.
Retired Army Colonel (Combat Arms)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

redfeather wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 5:44 pm
Winston,
These are good videos of The Holy Mountain Mt. Athos.
If you are an Orthodox in good standing you can receive a written invitation from your own Monastery to travel to Mt. Athos, but this is a trip that you must prepare yourself for.
During WWII when Hitler invaded Greece he did not allow his troops to invade the Holy Mountain.
I take several catches of fresh rainbow trout to the Fathers at our Monastery every season.
Our local Monastery is the Holy Archangels Monastery in Kendalia, Texas.
Here is the link...https://holyarchangels.com/
Go visit the website if you have the chance.
Thanks for posting the videos.
Wow that's a nice pretty church website. So what would you say if someone asked you what the advantages are of being Orthodox vs. Catholic or Evangelical (like Neo, Adama and Pinayhunter are)? Also, why do Orthodox priests and clergy like to have beards? Do all white guys have hair on their beards? What if they don't and they want to be an Orthodox priest? lol. Do they then wear a fake beard? lol

Also, do you meet any nice Russian or Eastern Euro women there?

redfeather
Freshman Poster

Post by redfeather »

Winston,
I just saw this post.
The Orthodox Monastery priest's all have beards, but if you are an Orthodox member it is not required for you to have a beard.
Many Orthodox guys are businessmen in the local city and they have to keep a clean cut business appearance.
I shave everyday because I am a retired Army Colonel, and this is how I am trained...so I still keep this up.
I did try to meet a few Russian women at our Monastery, but they all gave me the cold shoulder because I do not go there constantly, so after this I decided to go to the Philippines...and I am glad I did.
Most of these Russian women were divorced with kids, and I really did not want to take on all that extra baggage and problems.
I have received an invitation to travel to the Holy Mountain, but I am still busy running my companies and I have not gone, yet.
I believe you will enjoy attending the Orthodox Church because as you know it is considered the original church.
I sent you a PM.
redfeather
Freshman Poster

Winston here are pics from the Lavra Monastery in Kiev...

Post by redfeather »

Winston,
When I went to Ukraine I visited our Eastern Orthodox Monastery The Lavra in Kiev.
Here are some pictures from my visit.
The Monks from the Lavra are buried in underground caves.
I took some pictures of how well they are preserved and mummified.
This picture is from a Munk that was buried over 600 years ago, and his hand is mummified in the picture.
Our Monks are buried in their sacramental garments with their cross and Orthodox belongings.
In the Orthodox faith we do not mourn death, but rather see it as a passing and another phase of life.
Enjoy my pictures.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston here are pics from the Lavra Monastery in Kiev...

Post by Winston »

Thanks for the pics redfeather. Do you mind if I merge this thread into the Orthodox Church thread? I don't see any reason to have a separate thread just for these pics.

redfeather
Freshman Poster

Post by redfeather »

Winston, you already merged it together...so no problem. Enjoy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Dr. Ryan Reeves explains the great schism in 1054 that divided the Catholic Church and Eastern Orthodox Church into two factions.

Long version