Near Death Experiences - Evidence of the Afterlife?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Near Death Experiences - Evidence of the Afterlife?

Post by Winston »

Near Death Experiences: An Indepth Examination of Veridical Evidence & The Rebuttal of Common Skeptical Explanations – presents point by point arguments that NDE’s are a nonphysical phenomenon.

CBS news story on NDE’s, presenting both sides

News report on NDE’s:

Dr. Victor Zammit argues that NDE's are real:

People who had a near death experience and saw Heaven and have returned!

Moving NDe accounts. The second account of the business tycoon was moving, and especially fascinating was the woman blind from birth who could see during her NDE!

NDE's: Heaven and Hell accounts

Last edited by Winston on September 29th, 2012, 2:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I did a big research paper in college on near death expeiences. I looked at a lot of evidence and read a lot of books and am convinced that there is an afterllife. Over 15 million Americans have had a near death experience and they all can't be explained away as hallucinations or drug induced. It is a fascinating field to read about and learn more about.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A great BBC documentary on NDE’s, presenting both sides:

Part 1 of 6:

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Video: Evidence for the Afterlife

Post by Winston »

Last edited by Winston on May 15th, 2012, 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just saw that, it's awesome! Also, check out this website of Victor Zammit where he has done numerous research on the afterlife and he also wrote a great book on the afterlife: http://www.victorzammit.com/
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Dr. Jeffrey Long on NDE's as proof of an Afterlife!

Post by jamesbond »

Holy smokes, check out Dr. Jeffery Long being interviewed discussing the scientific evidence of life after death. Dr. Jeffrey Long recently wrote a book called, "Evidence of the Afterlife." Check out these videos of him be interviewed by various media outlets.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out Dr. Jeffrey Long on Coast to Coast where he gives a long list of highly compelling evidence for NDE's.

Visit his website at http://www.nderf.org

Check out Dr. Raymond Moody on Coast to Coast about NDE's and shared death experiences.

ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

I just do not understand why you have, you MUST have, some Appeal to Authority figure say something for you to believe it.

Appeal to Authority is a logical fallacy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ph_visitor wrote:I just do not understand why you have, you MUST have, some Appeal to Authority figure say something for you to believe it.

Appeal to Authority is a logical fallacy.
It's only a fallacy if the authority is not qualified in the subject at hand. Read up on what logic fallacies are.

The researchers and doctors above give compelling evidence. Listen to them before you comment please.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this Atheist Neurosurgeon who discovered proof of the Afterlife during his NDE!

http://www.lifebeyonddeath.net/book

PROOF OF HEAVEN BY EBEN ALEXANDER, MD

PROOF OF HEAVEN WILL BE AVAILABLE ON OCTOBER 23, 2012 IN NORTH AMERICA

BOOK

A SCIENTIST’S CASE FOR THE AFTERLIFE:

Thousands of people have had near-death experiences, but scientists have argued that they are impossible. Dr. Eben Alexander was one of those scientists. A highly trained neurosurgeon, Alexander knew that NDEs feel real, but are simply fantasies produced by brains under extreme stress.

Then, Dr. Alexander’s own brain was attacked by a rare illness. The part of the brain that controls thought and emotion—and in essence makes us human—shut down completely. For seven days he lay in a coma. Then, as his doctors considered stopping treatment, Alexander’s eyes popped open. He had come back.

Alexander’s recovery is a medical miracle. But the real miracle of his story lies elsewhere. While his body lay in coma, Alexander journeyed beyond this world and encountered an angelic being who guided him into the deepest realms of super-physical existence. There he met, and spoke with, the Divine source of the universe itself.

Alexander’s story is not a fantasy. Before he underwent his journey, he could not reconcile his knowledge of neuroscience with any belief in heaven, God, or the soul. Today Alexander is a doctor who believes that true health can be achieved only when we realize that God and the soul are real and that death is not the end of personal existence but only a transition.

This story would be remarkable no matter who it happened to. That it happened to Dr. Alexander makes it revolutionary. No scientist or person of faith will be able to ignore it. Reading it will change your life.

Interview on Skeptiko:

http://www.skeptiko.com/154-neurosurgeo ... xperience/

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Unexplained Mysteries TV Show
- Season 1 Episode 26 "Dead and Back Again"

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A great NDE documentary from the 70's.

BBC documentary on NDE's.

Jay Weidner's beautiful and moving NDE documentary "Infinity: Journey Beyond Death" is now up on YouTube.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Documentary on Near Death Experiences

Post by jamesbond »

This is an interesting documentary where several people discuss their near death experiences.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpSuO8DtiMM[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Re: Documentary on Near Death Experiences

Post by The_Adventurer »

I like the TV series "Proof".
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Documentary on Near Death Experiences

Post by jamesbond »

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."