Received Watch Tower magazine the other day

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Received Watch Tower magazine the other day

Post by Winston »

The other day, this nice intelligent guy I met in the park handed me a Watch Tower magazine about the creation of life in the universe. I don't usually take it, but I did cause he was a good friendly guy that was nice to talk to.

When I started reading it, I found that the articles in it was nicely presented and contained valid points and questions in the beginning. But then it all falls apart when they get to the "Let's see what God has to say about it" part and start quoting Bible verses, as though it were a given and universally accepted truth that the Bible is God's word and represents inerrant absolute truth. Yeah right. Everyone knows that! It's kind of an insult to my intelligence at that point. Like I'm going to just believe that that's what God says just cause you say so. Who would be that gullible? I mean, come on, you throw Bible verses around as authority and people are just supposed to believe, just like that? Doesn't make sense.

Anyway, it's a pity though, cause the Watch Tower is a nice looking magazine with good intentions.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

Watch Tower is published by the Watchtower Society, the parent organization for Jehovah's Witnesses.

I grew up as a Jehovahs Witness (and I'm neo-pagan/buddhist/taoist now, HA). They do indeed have good intentions and many are good people, but believe me, their religion is one big f***ed UP MESS of absolutist, dogmatic thinking and circular reasoning.

Kudos to you for seeing through that bullshit so quickly.