The Shroud of Turin - Proof of Jesus' Burial and Resurrection?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

The Shroud of Turin - Proof of Jesus' Burial and Resurrection?

Post by Winston »

Happy Easter Everyone!

See it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8iPKVOQyCE

Description:

What did Jesus look like? Artists, scholars and millions of Christians around the world have been pondering the question for centuries. And on Tuesday, March 30, at 9/8c, HISTORY viewers may get closer to an answer than ever before, thanks to a special two-hour event.

The Real Face of Jesus? follows a team of graphic experts as they use cutting-edge 3D software to bring a holy relic known as the Shroud of Turin to life. Many believe Jesus Christ was buried in this ancient linen cloth, which bears traces of blood and the faint, ghostly image of a man. With the help of modern technology, can HISTORY finally unlock the secrets of one of the worlds most scrutinized and controversial artifacts?

To attempt this feat, HISTORY turned to computer graphics artist Ray Downing of Studio Macbeth, who used photographs and digital animation to reconstruct Abraham Lincoln in 2009. As Ray and his team grapple with the task, we delve into the Shroud of Turins long history, along with the many perplexing questions that centuries of scientific research have failed to settle. How, for instance, did the figures imprint appear on the cloth? And how can we extract 3D information from a two-dimensional piece of linen?

In The Real Face of Jesus?, HISTORY unveils the fruit of many months of labor, made possible by sophisticated computer tools in very capable hands: an accurate depiction of the man many believe to be Jesus Christ. For the devout and curious alike, this is a compelling story of transformation—a fascinating journey from the realm of creativity and imagination into the domain of science and technology.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Lj1221
Freshman Poster

Post by Lj1221 »

I watched THAT! It was so awesome, really tripped me out.

I was walking around thinking Jesus was a alien. haha! It made sense. Since I've seen the Zeitgeist Movement, it just seems like a maniacs dream.

This was incredibly awesome, It was really interesting. It got me hooked on the hour I watched it.

Yeah, it was a really great documentary.
"A mind once stretched by a new idea, will never regain it's original proportions."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The link to that History Channel special was taken down. But it's back up now. Here is the new link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJPJ4JwHeE

It's 90 minutes and very fascinating and mind blowing. If you didn't believe in it before, it will make a believer out of you. All the scientists and experts in it admitted that they were baffled about how the image was formed on the Shroud of Turin, after they ruled out all conventional explanations. Even researchers that have studied the shroud for decades concluded the same, that it is totally inexplicable. They even said that in a courtroom trial, the shroud would be sufficient to prove the existence and resurrection of Jesus. These are skeptical non-religious scientists and researchers that are saying this.

The skeptics can't win on this one, because many serious skeptical scientists themselves have ruled out all conventional explanations for how the image on the shroud was produced, and cannot replicate it themselves.

Moreover, most scientists have retracted their position that the 1988 carbon dating of bits of the corner of the shroud proved that it was a forgery from the Middle Ages. The tests were flawed and the samples were contaminated because they were taken from a corner of the shroud that was restored with cloth from the Middle Ages. This was proven scientifically and many skeptics have accepted it. The documentaries go into detail about it.

This is definitely a true mystery that can be construed as hard evidence for the resurrection of Jesus. I've seen many other documentaries on the shroud as well, and they all say the same thing after interviewing many top scientists and researchers. Besides the History Channel special, the BBC and Discovery Channel documentaries concluded similarly.

Plus, basic logic infers that if the shroud image were of a man other than Jesus, then the church would not have guarded it so closely for so many centuries. So there must be a reason for them to have kept it so long as a sacred treasure. It doesn't make sense that they would do that if it were a hoax.

Either way, this is truly inexplicable, and all the top experts who have investigated the shroud seem to be in concurrence on it. See the documentaries below. They will make a believer out of you for sure.

The BEST documentary on the Shroud of Turin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BxmbIGQBX4

The Real Face of Jesus on the Shroud of Turin (History Channel)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNJPJ4JwHeE

Unwrapping the Shroud of Turin: The New Evidence (Discovery Channel)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF4v7BLAvzM

BBC investigation into the Shroud of Turin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXXZcN8RVI

Lecture by Paul Bromley on the Shroud of Turin, who has studied it for decades. He gives no-nonsense facts about it such as what we know for sure about how it was not made, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRhsLt4-t5I

For more info, see these websites:

Shroud of Turin Website
https://www.shroud.com/

Shroud of Turin Blog
http://shroudstory.com/

Turin Shroud Center of Colorado
http://www.shroudofturin.com/

Scientific paper on the Shroud
http://www.shroudofturin.com/shroud.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Shroud of Turin Truth Be Told

Post by Mr S »

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Video is deconstructionist disinformation.

I saw a mini-museum display about this back in the late 80's. Went through it in detail, asked questions, got answers.

Bottom line:
The Shroud is real.

Easiest way to tell, besides human bloodstains on the cloth, is that the image is a "negative", like an old-fashioned photo. No-one faking things in centuries past knew about photographic "negatives". So NO, an artist (e.g. DaVinci) didn't fake it. Image was clearly formed by an energy burst that came from within the person.

So whether you believe Jesus was the Son of God, or not, still SOMEHOW he came to life after being dead and buried, with a flash of energy.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Jesus was mothers child, your waiting for the head bitch to show up if you believe the bible is a true story and of course her mate Jesus as well.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jester wrote:Video is deconstructionist disinformation.

I saw a mini-museum display about this back in the late 80's. Went through it in detail, asked questions, got answers.

Bottom line:
The Shroud is real.

Easiest way to tell, besides human bloodstains on the cloth, is that the image is a "negative", like an old-fashioned photo. No-one faking things in centuries past knew about photographic "negatives". So NO, an artist (e.g. DaVinci) didn't fake it. Image was clearly formed by an energy burst that came from within the person.

So whether you believe Jesus was the Son of God, or not, still SOMEHOW he came to life after being dead and buried, with a flash of energy.
True. Plus the cloth showed evidence of radioactive burns that could only have been made by a super sophisticated laser. No one even today can re-create the cloth.

The BBC, the Discovery Channel and the History Channel agree that it is a total mystery in their documentaries about it.

What about the feud about the carbon dating of it though? It's very controversial.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
True. Plus the cloth showed evidence of radioactive burns that could only have been made by a super sophisticated laser. No one even today can re-create the cloth.

The BBC, the Discovery Channel and the History Channel agree that it is a total mystery in their documentaries about it. I posted a thread of documentaries about it here:

viewtopic.php?t=7314

What about the feud about the carbon dating of it though? It's very controversial.
Thanks for linking, I probably avoided that thread before because

(1) I know things like carbon dating are still widely varying, it seems to give wildly different answers in the Creation vs Evolution debate, and thus will have advocates on both sides, so discussion by laymen like me will be fruitless.

(2) Doesn't help me build the harem or make more little Jesters
(Genesis 1:28)

:wink:
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Shroud of Turin Mystery - New Discoveries and Findings

Post by Winston »

Wow my close friend and brother in soul Alex has an update about the shroud of turin.

[9/12, 5:58 AM] Alex From Venice: BTW... you may be interested to know the very recent final result of a rigorous scientific study conducted by researchers at the INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCED STUDIES OF SPACE REPRESENTATION SCIENCES (located in Palermo, southern Italy)

[9/12, 5:59 AM] Alex From Venice: it's been published on YouTube just only six months ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B6iQGomNqTw

[9/12, 6:11 AM] Alex From Venice: the study it's about the Shroud of Turin and concludes that only a radiation event of unknown source and origin can have caused the fabric of the shroud to be "impressed" the way it is. Not only it's not a forgery (because of the impossibility to make it using any tool and technology available to mankind today and much less in the past of hundreds years ago) but the physics phenomena that caused the fabric to have been impressed that way, it's a sort of space/time singularity

Winston
Site Admin

Re: The Shroud of Turin Mystery - Proof of Jesus' Resurrection? New Discoveries and Findings

Post by Winston »

New Shroud of Turin documentary. Very mind blowing and inexplicable!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Shroud of Turin Mystery - Proof of Jesus' Resurrection?

Post by Winston »

My bro Alex recommends anyone interested in the Shroud of Turin to see this presentation on it by William Guy. He says it's the most comprehensive presentation ever and is highly scientific and logical. Every skeptical argument is debunked thoroughly with science and logic.

Part 1

Part 2

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Does Alex dislike internet forums?
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another presentation on the Shroud by William Guy. It's about 100 min and has great pictorial slides.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some new evidence that proves the Shroud of Turin is authentic and unexplainable and unreplicable, as well as proven multiple evidence that debunks the 1988 carbon dating that claims the Shroud was a medieval forgery.

Btw, one expert said something very profound, which is that when you look at the Shroud, you can see the peaceful tranquil face of Jesus despite the brutal savagery of his crucified body and blood on the Shroud. Very poetic and profound. That's the kind of thing that causes inner transformation in people as they realize the Shroud must be genuine.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great presentation about the Shroud of Turin by Barry Swortz. Very mind blowing. Will leave you in awe.

"The Shroud of Turin is a centuries old linen cloth that bears the image of a crucified man. A man that millions believe to be Jesus of Nazareth. Is it really the cloth that wrapped his crucified body, or is it simply a medieval forgery, a hoax perpetrated by some clever artist? Modern science has completed hundreds of thousands of hours of detailed study and intense research on the Shroud. It is, in fact, the single most studied artifact in human history, and we know more about it today than we ever have before. And yet, the controversy still rages. This web site will keep you abreast of current research, provide you with accurate data from the previous research and let you interact with the researchers themselves. We believe that if you have access to the facts, you can make up your own mind about the Shroud."

Barry Swortz talks about the Shroud at a TED Talk.