BBC: The Story of God - Robert Winston

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

BBC: The Story of God - Robert Winston

Post by Winston »

Part 1 of 18:

Description:

The Story of God (2005)

Episode 1:
"Life, the Universe and Everything . . ." (Parts 1-6)

Episode 2:
"No God but God" (Parts 7-12)

Episode 3:
"The God of the Gaps" (Parts 13-18)

Runtime: 02:56:27

Professor Robert Winston presents a definitive three-part documentary series from the BBC on the history of mankind's quest to understand the nature of God.

First aired in 2005, "The Story of God" is an epic journey across continents, cultures and eras exploring religious beliefs from their earliest incarnations through to the development of today's major world faiths.

Among many highlights, the series examines the roots of religious beliefs in prehistoric societies and the different ways in which humanity's sense of the divine developed. It takes a look at the divergence between religions that worship a range of deities and those that represent strict monotheism. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are explored in order to understand the ideas they share about God and the issues that divide them. The question as to why mankind started to believe in God at all is investigated, as is another question: If God really did create humanity, why does God allow humanity to suffer? Finally, the series examines how belief in God has been challenged by modern, secular ideas, even presenting a mathematical formula that can be used to calculate the probability of God's existence.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this clip from the film. In it, a scientist finds a gene that makes some people more spiritually inclined than others, but that doesn't make the experience any less real. Then you get to see a Creationist Museum being built.

Here Robert Winston explains to Richard Dawkins why absolute certainty on either end is not a good thing.

In this clip you will see how believers in a typical Church are brainwashed with fanaticism. How would you feel if you were there?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne