Filipinos trying to blackmail my friend for 2 million pesos!

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:I have a piece of advice that will work for your friend, if he wants to stay in that part of the world. Move to the other side of the island and keep a low profile. Duh.
It's not that easy. He has a big house and land there, and has invested a lot in it. He is very settled there. Btw, I think you guys got the wrong impression when he said that he has hired his neighbors as workers before. He doesn't own a business there. He hired those workers to do various construction projects on his land.

But he found that they couldn't take direction. For example, when he had one of them build steps, the guy didn't even bother to ask how big the steps should be and what the measurements should be, etc. Filipino workers don't care about specifics. They just do it, no matter how bad it is done. They just don't care. Plus when he asked his gardener to pull weeds, he'd pull the plants and flowers as well, cause the Tagalog word for "weed" also means plants and flowers, so there is no clear way to explain to a Filipino what a "weed" is. lol. Isn't that lame? Also, his gardeners had constant problems even identifying which ones were weeds and which were ones that were planted. lol They could not differentiate them. Is that retarded or what? lol

Ladislav, how would you explain to a Filipino gardner the difference between a regular plant and a weed, so that he knows how to differentiate them? They never seem to get it. lol

After employing many Filipinos in the last few years, he has realized that they are lazy, contrary to the "hard working Filipino" stereotype/myth. Some may be hard working, but most only do the minimal and do not work well cause they don't pay attention to detail. They just do a hackneyed job to get it out of the way. Also, he's learned that if you pay a Filipino upfront, he will think, "I already have the money, so why work?" and not bother to work, so you should never pay them upfront, only in increments.

So you see you guys, living in the Philippines comes with a lot more annoying things than you might realize. It's not just the scams and dishonesty, but the laziness, incompetence, inability to follow directions or take instruction, inability to understand you, lack of attention to detail, etc. etc. The list of annoying things piles up big time in the Philippines. The Philippines is a perfectionist's worst nightmare.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:So... how did your ex-pat friend obtain land ownership rights?
I don't remember, but he has a permanent resident visa, so maybe that's how? Or he puts it in someone else's name?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Since I have never bothered with those things, I would ask that question on Answers Yahoo. Since most foreigners never bother to learn the language, it is hard for them to explain in English so that the locals would understand. I would simply say "the bad grass that was not planted by the owner" and in Tagalog.

I am sure they weed out rice fields and corn fields and there is a way to explain it.

Yes, this country is a perfectionist's nightmare, but I don't mind because I am not one. I am sloppy and perfunctory by nature and have to force myself to be neat and accurate. So, I can tolerate it.

Do keep in mind that the PT lifestyle means that you live in several different countries each one prividing you with its unique qualities. Expecting only one country to have all the qualities that would satisfy you is unrealistic.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Filipinos trying to blackmail my friend for 2 million pe

Post by OutWest »

Winston wrote:Guys,
Check this out. My expat friend in the Philippines, a meticulously accurate person with a very high IQ (probably the smartest expat in the Philippines I'd guess, besides me of course lol) told me that his Filipino neighbors on the beach are conspiring to blackmail him for 2 million pesos! WTF? I thought the Filipinos there would be more peaceful and nature-loving. Sheesh. I guess in some cultures, most people really are shameless, greedy, evil scums. Now you guys understand why the Philippines is such an annoying country to me, to have to put up with this kind of shit all the time.

Here is what he wrote me about it. He said I could tell you all about it as long as I don't name any names.

"The poor Filipino neighbors here have hatched up what they think (with their 85 IQs) is a clever blackmail/extortion scheme:

1) Fabricate bad things about me and spread this around as gossip;

2) Use these fabrications as an excuse to build a wall between my property and the beach in front;

3) Offer, as an alternative, that I pay P2 million to buy their lot (the beach.)

I am working on having their beach property deleted from the register of deeds since it is no longer valid property... it is purely sand and sea.

Honestly, I'd rather pay my lawyer $10,000 than pay these scum sucking Filipinos a dime. Typical Filipino assholes, huh?"

Then when I asked about who owns, the land, he wrote:

"While we were in Angeles last time, I let ******* use my car and my house, so he took his family up here. That's when the neighbors told him what I had supposedly been doing, and what they were going to do.

Just idiot Filipinos looking for another opportunity to be greedy. I look forward to creaming these assholes, through official channels of course. It will mean that I won't have good neighbors around me, but it will also mean that they can't easily reach the beach and none of their extended family will ever work for me again (I employed lots of them for 18 months solid). It also means I will never help them with medical bills or funeral costs etc. again. And believe me, I have helped them A LOT.

The beach was originally (a long long time ago) part of the main lot here, set up by the founder of this Barangay. Over the years it was eroded to nothing (sand and sea) because they never built a sea wall. In 1996 the main lot was subdivided, and the surveyor (my surveyor, the best in town) separated out that beach lot because it could not be sold (it was already under sand/water). But it became a sub-lot. All the other lots were sold, but that lot remained because no one ever bothered to delete it.

This beach lot SHOULD be deleted from the records because its ownership reverts back to the State when it becomes beach. I am now working to make sure that this happens :)"
Winston-

By your note, I am assuming that this guy is a pretty good friend. The first thing he must do is take pride and ego out of the equation
and be wise rather than just try to satisfy his ego. As you likely know already, he has made some critical mistakes up to this point that may have
set him up for this kind of thing.

He has an online business and his own life to live, so he really needs to recognize the futility of getting into a pissing match with his neighbors.
As you know, if you make a Filipino lose face, he will likely hate you forever. It is smoke and fumes...a slow burning but hot fire.
Sure he can build a fence, hire security, this and that, but can he really expect to live in a hostile neighborhood? I think he needs a more creative solution.

With his largess he has created the impression that he is loaded. In the Philippines, that is a bad impression to make if you do not have the network of friends and clan to support it. It really puts one at risk if they are seen as isolated. I understand the harshest of security tactics- I worked in that field in the past as a civilian contractor, but in this case that is not very relevant. His talk about how he will "take it to the mat" with his neighbors, is not very well thought out.
Does he intend to move?

What he needs in successful subversion of the plot. He needs to change the narrative. He has a friend who is a provincial governor I think you were saying. Well, direct intervention should be a LAST RESORT, as hostility is not necessarily ended with that.

Is there one ringleader to this whole deal I would wonder? If so, he needs to know that guy's weaknesses and keep them in mind.
Back to the governor...do the neighbors know of this relationship? If not, they are pretty well unlikely to want to take on a man of that status, who can TOTALLY screw their day with a few phone calls.

But this can be introduced in a way to defuse, fluster and derail, rather than confront. So the threat is removed and peace is restored. isn't that what he wants? I would suggest subterfuge, for example, so long as no ripples will be created with the Governor, spread a story( Just happen to confide etc, knowing full well it will cover be spread right away.) that he is extremely worried now. He is worried, because Governor xxxxxxx who is VERY HOT TEMPERED etc, (as needed) is wanting to buy his house, and will be VERY PISSED to hear about this complication with this bogus lot deal!
Lay it on as needed...the Gov is wanting this for his extra house, his retreat or whatever, and your friend is very worried now that some radical action will be taken against those in his neighborhood, and is doing his best to make peace! Now the Gov is getting lawyers and a detective or whatever, to ream those in the neighborhood for screwing with his future house, and your friend is heroically stepping up to calm down the mad Gov and make peace!

So he can introduce the threat and at the same time appear to be a victim of it and defenders of his neighbors. Some variation of this scheme is a good place to start. If it does not work, then he can still go forward with additional actions...

>>no one losses face.....he has to resist urges to grind anyone's face in defeat...and yet he has to win...if he takes the direct linear approach to this he will lose...so better get used to side-thinking the deal...

outwest
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well good news. A former governor, whom my friend knows, interceded and stopped the blackmail attempt. So all is ok for now.
Last edited by Winston on September 26th, 2012, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

Check this out. My expat friend in the Philippines, a meticulously accurate person with a very high IQ (probably the smartest expat in the Philippines I'd guess, besides me of course lol) told me that his Filipino neighbors on the beach are conspiring to blackmail him for 2 million pesos! WTF? I thought the Filipinos there would be more peaceful and nature-loving. Sheesh. I guess in some cultures, most people really are shameless, greedy, evil scums. Now you guys understand why the Philippines is such an annoying country to me, to have to put up with this kind of shit all the time.

Here is what he wrote me about it. He said I could tell you all about it as long as I don't name any names.

"The poor Filipino neighbors here have hatched up what they think (with their 85 IQs) is a clever blackmail/extortion scheme:

2) Use these fabrications as an excuse to build a wall between my property and the beach in front;

3) Offer, as an alternative, that I pay P2 million to buy their lot (the beach.)

I am working on having their beach property deleted from the register of deeds since it is no longer valid property... it is purely sand and sea.

Honestly, I'd rather pay my lawyer $10,000 than pay these scum sucking Filipinos a dime. Typical Filipino assholes, huh?"

"While we were in Angeles last time, I let ******* use my car and my house, so he took his family up here. That's when the neighbors told him what I had supposedly been doing, and what they were going to do.

Just idiot Filipinos looking for another opportunity to be greedy. I look forward to creaming these assholes, through official channels of course. It will mean that I won't have good neighbors around me, but it will also mean that they can't easily reach the beach and none of their extended family will ever work for me again (I employed lots of them for 18 months solid). It also means I will never help them with medical bills or funeral costs etc. again. And believe me, I have helped them A LOT.

The beach was originally (a long long time ago) part of the main lot here, set up by the founder of this Barangay. Over the years it was eroded to nothing (sand and sea) because they never built a sea wall. In 1996 the main lot was subdivided, and the surveyor (my surveyor, the best in town) separated out that beach lot because it could not be sold (it was already under sand/water). But it became a sub-lot. All the other lots were sold, but that lot remained because no one ever bothered to delete it.

This beach lot SHOULD be deleted from the records because its ownership reverts back to the State when it becomes beach. I am now working to make sure that this happens :)"

Personally I think the entire country should be wiped off the map with a few well placed hydrogen bombs. The entire country is nothing more than a land of criminals, pretending to be a bunch of righteous Catholics. All of their Pastors should be taken out and hung from a tree, or just shot in the head.

I am 100% convinced now that the Philippines is the most corrupt country in the entire world, with all it's people corrupt beyond description. Extortion is a way of life, lying is the rule, telling the truth a sin.

As these people get worse and worse Karma is going to come back and bite them in the ass, where people are going to learn the way these people truly are, and what they truly do.

I always use to say to myself, if I grew up in NY or some place like that and some punk Mafia guy tried to extort money from me, I would not only kill this person but I would kill everybody he is working with, no problem whatsoever.

Just as I would do the same f***ing thing in the Philippines or Thailand or anywhere else on this planet.

Unlike most all sissy human beings on this planet I'm not afraid to die, and in fact cannot wait to die, this makes me a dangerous human being, very dangerous, because when the wrong person f***s with me you will be hearing it on the news....

Karma is a bitch and she is in heat....

Signed,

Devils Advocate
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Filipinos Losing Face? Who Cares?

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

"As you know, if you make a Filipino lose face, he will likely hate you forever. It is smoke and fumes...a slow burning but hot fire. "

This is the crux of the entire problem, who really cares if a Filipino loses face or not? I mean seriously now, let's for once on this planet get real and stop pretending, shall we?

Filipinos are the lowest class of human beings on this planet outside of the black Africans of course.

When a Filipino, who is an extremely low IQ human being, who has resentment on many different levels to any outsider loses face or gets pissed off or offended or jealous over what you have, who cares?

I mean we are talking about a people here who eat dogs, and will take a dog off the street they find and hang them upside down and cut their throat and bleed them to death and then roast them on a fire outside in the backyard, while they listen to their roosters crowing night and day getting ready for the next "cock fight" that these animals you call people are going to attend.

These people eat dogs, go to cock fights and if you don't own a cock you are a loser, this is the kind of backwards society and people we are talking about here.

And on top of it, the entire society and culture are nothing more than a bunch of liars and extortionists.

And most all the white people that go to the Philippines are both Jewish and perverts, who love to get together with underage girls and underage boys, where their money goes a long way and they can be like Hugh Heffner and fornicate until their hearts desire.

So all the people in the Philippines are total 100% loser human beings, both the locals and the foreigners.

Most all the white guys there are fat and ugly and have tattoos all over their body, just loser type people from their own countries.

Only a loser of the highest order would ever live in the Philippines, it is a sewer hell hole for any sane human being, but a paradise if you're a Jew who loves having sex with 13 year old girls or 13 year old boys, then the Philippines is a paradise. And even if you're a Jew who loves sex with 18 year old girls you are in a paradise, you are a god and can fornicate all you want to.

People need to understand the real truth of what's going on here, so that good looking guys with blonde hair and blue eyes that are total studs like myself don't go to third world shit hole countries to have sex with sewer rats.

Regards,

Devils Advocate
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

These Filipinos to my knowledge are the only people I know of like this, the only people. You can have sex with Mexicans, and Columbians etc and these people are not like this at all. They will not extort you, they are decent human beings, not total animals like Filipinos are.

Filipinas have the best game in the world, they talk the talk better than anybody on this planet ever has before or ever will, they are masters of the talk, but experience shows that it indeed is just talk, which can go on for years and years in some cases, depending upon how deep the money well goes.

There is a conspiracy taking place globally where the host countries like Thailand and Philippines cover up the crime that's taking place against foreigners, they are being extorted by police and by locals, they are being put into prison and being extorted to get out, they are being murdered, both Thailand and Philippines is the most likely place to get murdered if you're a foreigner. If you're a journalist the Philippines is the most likely place you're going to be killed, because the Filipino people will not stand for the truth being reported about them.

Foreigners are being poisoned in both of these countries, and or just shot with a gun, for $100 you can easily hire a Filipino to kill somebody. It's even cheaper in Thailand.

This is a warning to all good conscious people, you are being lied to on a quantum level, I suggest doing more research before you risk your life in a turd world country, where you as a white guy are a major target for extortion, robbery, being drugged and robbed, being scammed by women who will say anything and everything to get you so that they can get your money.

And make no mistake, when you go there the men HATE YOUR f***ing GUTS, understand? You have no idea, they hate you more than you could begin to imagine, and if they could get away with it they would shoot you for $20....

And they would be happy to have done so, because you are just a stupid idiot f***ing foreigner, who deserves what you get....

The women however will spread their legs for you faster than a duck can flap it's wings, because they want to try and get you to be with them for the money.

These places are laughing stocks, not places for civilized human beings to go to.

Signed,

Devils Advocate
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Hilarious Part

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

The truly hilarious part though is when these primitive backwards monkeys act as if they are something special, it's like a small dog putting on a big show barking like crazy, because they naturally feel inferior on every possible level, (height, penis size, money, ability to get women, quality of life, etc etc) so this makes them act like they are something special, when in reality they are the lowest of the low.

I once had great love for Filipinos, before I learned about them, I thought they were good poor people, like the people of the Bible, poor but good quality people who believed in God, who believed in values and morals and followed after Christ and who knew it was wrong to fornicate, etc.

But I found out all of this was the biggest bullshit on planet earth, a million times worse than the USA ever thought about being. If you think the pastors in the USA are hypocrites you haven't seen NOTHING, these people in the Philippines makes those people look like Saints.

Let me ask you a question, do you believe it's wrong to lie? Do you know that Christ said all liars will find their place in the Lake of Fire? Do you believe the Bible when it says that Satan is a liar and the father of all lies?

The Filipino people as an entire culture lie everyday about everything, they do not know how to tell the truth, they hate the truth, they will lie for no reason whatsoever other than they cannot stand to tell the truth. Everything they say is just another lie, and they make up lies in an elaborate and grand way, in a way no westerner can begin to imagine or even comprehend, because no westerner has ever once in their life been exposed to this kind of phenomenon before.

These people lie as if playing a sport, and the whole competition is who can lie the best. The best liar wins....

Anybody who exposes the lie or any lie is to be killed....

The Filipino people are Satan's people, hook line and sinker....

You cannot lie through your teeth in this life and think that you're following after Christ, this is the ultimate in hypocrisy...

Signed,

Devils Advocate
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Even though the extortion attempt failed and my friend got help in high places, still, he has now become disillusioned with people, particularly the Filipinos around him, and now sees the value of being reclusive, like I do.

He told me:

"I have to say, I am becoming very disillusioned with humanity. I can ENTIRELY understand the recluse mentality now. Seriously, at least 80% of the people who come into your life end up giving you shit. Right? Almost every time I try to get involved and help or just be nice to someone, it blows up in my face and people end up hating me. Ever since becoming more reclusive in February, I am not bothered any more. No more requests for donations, no one needing rides to the hospitals, no one except my workers asking to borrow money. No obligations -- their problems are their problems, not mine. People might still hate me for not being useful to them (I don't know)... but at least I still have my money!

The Filipinos are idiots. When they encounter nice, beneficent people, all they can think is, "How do I best take advantage of this opportunity?"... "How can I use this person to my advantage?"... or even, "How can I screw them out of everything they have?" Then, when their plans are thwarted one way or another, they become vicious and guarantee that this person will NEVER help them, and that this person will tell his friends, and these friends will never help the Filipino assholes in question either.

If Filipinos were decent people, they would have the following thoughts instead: "How can I work with this person to form a mutually-beneficial relationship?"... "How can I give back some of what he has given to me?"... "That is an unreasonable thing to ask of him. I understand, and will leave him alone, remaining friends."

Lying, cheating, scamming, scheming, laziness and taking the easy way out are a **WAY OF LIFE** for I'd say 90% of Filipinos. Could be higher. I know, you're thinking what an idiot I am not for not realizing this a long time ago. It's my fault... I have tried to see the good in people. I am too trusting. But now that I can see what trust and kindness brings in the vast majority of cases, I am a changed person.

I have problems here that seriously make me want to just sell up and move to an apartment somewhere. Hey, maybe Angeles City, where I can bang 730 women a year LOL. Living in a nice house surrounded by jealous, conniving, spiteful, cheating Filipinos is starting to become a drag. And living in a 'community' means people know about you and gossip spreads. Of course, I could just move somewhere new and keep myself to myself -- the 'international man of mystery'. But I feel that life in a city, and specifically in an apartment complex, would bring the level of anonymity/reclusiveness that I desire.

But... I don't like living in cities. I don't like apartments. I believe serious shit is going to hit the fan any time now, so living in a city is a very bad idea. Over here I have fresh mountain water and 72 coconut palms to keep me alive if all else fails.

Added to my other woes, business being greatly down (to about $100/day total) is just another straw on the camel's back.

Meeting people in 'quality' places: You have that all wrong I think. "Quality" people are some of the worst ones around! They hide between their slick facades of religiosity, professionalism, kindness or whatever... and from the safety of their lairs jump out and stab you in the back when you least expect it. No, I am tarring all of humanity with the same brush, I'm afraid... I stand by my claim that 80%+ of people are shitheads. They generally just want to take advantage of you, and if they can't then they'll try to cause you maximum damage.

I have never stolen ANYTHING in my life. I haven't even shoplifted a 1 penny candy. I have never cheated anyone. I am always generous... and yet, no one (and I do mean no one) is ever generous back to me. Everyone else just wants maximum value for money, instead of giving just that little bit extra to me for a change. I get cheated all the time. I give a mile and people try to take 2 miles. They won't take a polite "no" for an answer. They see me being generous to someone else, and automatically expect the same for themselves.

You're right -- I am beginning to doubt that there even *is* such a thing as a true "friend" in the Philippines. I don't know anyone yet that matches that description. Everyone WANTS something. Love, money whatever. They can't just exist in a state of "friendship". Just like the word "borrow" in the Philippines means "give", "friend" means nothing of the sort here.

f**k them. f**k every last one of them. Reclusive is the way I'm going!

I am happy with ******... we are even considering marriage right now. Mistake? Maybe. But she is a wonderful person in so many ways.

But yes, if this relationship ever does fall apart, I will probably just give up on having a meaningful relationship. Become an international playboy LOL.

I hate cities too. But being anonymous in a city isn't so bad compared to being well-known in a local community and being nastily gossiped about no matter how good a person you are.

People are never happy where they are. When in the city, they crave the peace and freshness of Nature. When in the countryside they crave the pleasures of city life. The answer, I think, is two homes: One in each location, perhaps an hour apart.

But yes, most people suck. How about forming a society, Misanthropes Anonymous?"

This part is so revealing about the Filipino mentality isn't it?

"The Filipinos are idiots. When they encounter nice, beneficent people, all they can think is, "How do I best take advantage of this opportunity?"... "How can I use this person to my advantage?"... or even, "How can I screw them out of everything they have?" Then, when their plans are thwarted one way or another, they become vicious and guarantee that this person will NEVER help them, and that this person will tell his friends, and these friends will never help the Filipino assholes in question either.

If Filipinos were decent people, they would have the following thoughts instead: "How can I work with this person to form a mutually-beneficial relationship?"... "How can I give back some of what he has given to me?"... "That is an unreasonable thing to ask of him. I understand, and will leave him alone, remaining friends.""

Cyrus
Freshman Poster

Post by Cyrus »

Philippines sounds a lot worse than Thailand.

I've encountered similar frustrations with certain Thai people and their mentalities, the tendency to be selfish, tendency to lie, and so forth.

But at the same time, I've met genuine friends here, and my Thai girlfriend does not care about the money aspect at all. Like I said in my Thailand guide I wrote last night, it's 50/50 between good even selfless people and dredges.

Also the infrastructure isn't bad. Modern highways, Bangkok is very clean in many parts.

I think Thailand is a better destination than PI. However, even Thailand has serious problems, scammers, mafia, craziness, etc. Have to remain vigilant.

http://www.cyruskirkpatrick.com
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

DevilsAdvocate wrote:

Personally I think the entire country should be wiped off the map with a few well placed hydrogen bombs. The entire country is nothing more than a land of criminals, pretending to be a bunch of righteous Catholics. All of their Pastors should be taken out and hung from a tree, or just shot in the head.

I am 100% convinced now that the Philippines is the most corrupt country in the entire world, with all it's people corrupt beyond description. Extortion is a way of life, lying is the rule, telling the truth a sin.

As these people get worse and worse Karma is going to come back and bite them in the a**, where people are going to learn the way these people truly are, and what they truly do.

I always use to say to myself, if I grew up in NY or some place like that and some punk Mafia guy tried to extort money from me, I would not only kill this person but I would kill everybody he is working with, no problem whatsoever.

Just as I would do the same f***ing thing in the Philippines or Thailand or anywhere else on this planet.

Unlike most all sissy human beings on this planet I'm not afraid to die, and in fact cannot wait to die, this makes me a dangerous human being, very dangerous, because when the wrong person f***s with me you will be hearing it on the news....

Karma is a bitch and she is in heat....

Signed,

Devils Advocate
First of all dont generalize the whole country...the entire Philippines isnt like that...I bet most of you who say the Philippines is negative are the same people who never leave Angeles City..or metro manila for that matter

AC is a whore town....its a breeding ground for scammers and the worse of the worst
What do you expect???