TravelGirls.com - Is this for real or a scam?

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
Winston
Site Admin

TravelGirls.com - Is this for real or a scam?

Post by Winston »

Check this out:

http://www.travelgirls.com/

Can you really meet hot girls that want to travel with you, just like that? I should have thought of a site like that.

How did they get so many attractive girls to join it? Are they expecting that you will pay all their expenses? The site doesn't say much.
Last edited by Winston on May 8th, 2013, 4:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

1000000% scam....

run by russian scammers, a handful of techies reply to travel offers and ask for money upfront....if you do meet up with one, watch your wallet, most or likely whores or wanna be whores.

id avoid that site like the plague. let them bitches pay for their own travel !
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

onezero4u wrote:1000000% scam....

run by russian scammers, a handful of techies reply to travel offers and ask for money upfront....if you do meet up with one, watch your wallet, most or likely whores or wanna be whores.

id avoid that site like the plague. let them bitches pay for their own travel !
How do you know? Did you try registering or signing up? What happened? There is so little info on the home page.

And why is that site ranked so high?

The girls on there don't look like Russians. They look like nice wholesome sweet European girls. lol

Is it too good to be true?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I guess the idea is OK - it's nice for us single guys with a bit of cash to find a travel companion. It's probably way cheaper just to find somebody through one of the Cupid or Kisses dating sites though.

Some reviews here, but I expect many are written by the site itself:

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.travelgirls.com

However, I like the phrase one of the reviewers has used - "hookers-lite".

Maybe it's a clever way of being able to advertise hookers through Google!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just found a thread about it on Rooshv.

http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-4699.html

Apparently, once you sign up, you get spam offers. And in order to write the ladies on there, you have to pay 59 Euros a month. Damn. That's expensive for a dating or meeting friends site. The owners must be really greedy.

They picked a great domain name though.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Wow, that's quite expensive. Chinese Love Links cost me 99 UK pounds for a whole year (that's around $165). Last year I met around 6 ladies through the site, so that was pretty good value. God knows how many I talked to that I didn't meet - 20, 200, 2000? Who knows!

I like the travelgirl adverts though, I've been seeing them a lot lately. God knows they're better than the uk mature dating ones I keep seeing!
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

Yeah, those UK Mature ads put me off my food! :)

We can see more than enough of them any day on any street, eh, xiongmao.
Mia
Freshman Poster

www.travelsdate.com

Post by Mia »

http://travelsdate.com
do anybody know and was trying this site?
is this scam or something real? looks like free for members, but how long?
majnovo
Freshman Poster

Post by majnovo »

I usually work with www.girlsmate.com than travelgirls.com, because it is for free. On travelgirls you have to pay a lot to become member to write messages.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: www.travelsdate.com

Post by Winston »

Mia wrote:http://travelsdate.com
do anybody know and was trying this site?
is this scam or something real? looks like free for members, but how long?
It says it's for "generous men and beautiful women" so I guess it's for sugar daddies. lol

Randalstown
Freshman Poster

Post by Randalstown »

100% scam.

Thousands of fake girls profiles created by site owners to generate more sales.

I know someone who had access into their database, I've seen proofs.

To date they scammed dozens of people, I bet it finish with criminal charges.

Owners are from Lithuania (now they hiding behind Hong Kong Incorporated Company).
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I saw on the news here in the UK there was a dating site making fake people. The fake people would correspond with the people who didn't get many interests from the real members, but who had a good history of paying for site membership.

Well there may be fake profiles on my site, but rest assured I haven't created them.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:God knows they're better than the uk mature dating ones I keep seeing!
GOD I hate seeing those things!

:lol:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Randalstown wrote:100% scam.

Owners are from Lithuania (now they hiding behind Hong Kong Incorporated Company).
Thanks for the headsup.
Diman
Freshman Poster

headspin

Post by Diman »

Jester wrote:
Randalstown wrote:100% scam.

Thanks for the headsup.
hmm.. can't be sure. I've seen too much crap posts of jealous competitors on the web. I've tested travelgirls.com on 'alexa rating', & 'hupso'. I interpret it for my own rating. I don't believe a scam site could last so long. To have such traffic you have to have a constant number of clients who pay and return.. or a very rich daddy to fund ;)