Different types of scammers

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
Jovian
Freshman Poster

Different types of scammers

Post by Jovian »

We all know about the types of scammers on dating sites that want money off you, whether they be a man from Ghana with a fake identity or women looking to scrounge off men by building a bond with them. Some are much more deceptive than others, but they usually reveal their intentions directly or indirectly sooner than later. Fortunately it seems the dating sites are getting better at weeding out the scammers as I disover that many of the women I chatted to that I thought were scammers had their accounts deleted by the staff. As I gain more experience, and some of the advice people on this forum have given me, I've learnt to pick up on the red flags and warning signs sooner.

But there is another type of scammer I've heard of that I haven't seen mentioned as much. These are the type of women that will use Western men to get into Western countries, marrying any Western man just so they can gain entry and stay in and reside in a Western country that would not grant them a long-term visa or citizenship any other way. In other words, they will build bonds and even marry a man they have no feelings for just to get a free visa to stay in their country. Have any of you encountered these types of women? Are there any strategies to avoid them and spot their game plans just like with the money scammers? Do many of these types of scammers exist?

Thanks.