Avoiding Scammers

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
JoeSmith
Freshman Poster

Avoiding Scammers

Post by JoeSmith »

Hey guys,

I've written an article on avoiding scammers by doing your own "background checks." I think you can weed out at least 95% of the scammers by just following the advice on this post.

Much of it is just common sense, but there are one or two steps you may not be aware of (like using Tineye, etc).

http://marryafilipina.net/2013/05/filip ... rtist.html

Just be cautious and (as many others have said) never give money to someone you have not met in person.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

By and large Filipinas aren't hugely intelligent, so it shouldn't be beyond the wit of Western man to avoid her scams.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
JoeSmith
Freshman Poster

Post by JoeSmith »

xiongmao wrote:By and large Filipinas aren't hugely intelligent, so it shouldn't be beyond the wit of Western man to avoid her scams.
My wife is a Filipina and she is very intelligent. I disagree with your stereotyping and I think others who have lived here would, too.
Joe
Happily married and living in the Philippines.
http://marryafilipina.net
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

xiongmao wrote:By and large Filipinas aren't hugely intelligent, so it shouldn't be beyond the wit of Western man to avoid her scams.
That's madness. When you step outside your country, internet wise or physically, you cannot assume you can avoid shit due to your intelligence. You being in China, you have no idea how easy it is for your ass to end up getting robbed, beaten, jailed, and deported with a stamp on your visa profile to never return. You could have done everything right too. Be foolish if you want to.....
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

I don't agree with the lack of intelligence stereotype but even if it were true it isn't relevant. Most thieves and scammers all over the world are not geniuses. They have a skill they have perfected. A pickpocket doesn't have to be Einstein; he simply has prefected the art of snatching a purse or a wallet.

Most scamming girls have perfected a craft. It's a craft that requires guile more than intelligence. And they've had lots of time to practice and many guys to practice on.

I agree with the OP that most scammers can be avoided, but you have to know the lay of the land. And the biggest mistake a guy can make is going to any country and thinking he is superior to the locals, whether because of his money, intelligence, Western worldliness or whatever. That's a recipe for disaster and you will get gobbled up.

And the fact that most Filipinas are good, poor and simple women can allow those who are not good to take advantage, particularly if you assume they are all stupid.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I'm not a person who is worried about scammers.

Because:
(1) if someone is a heartless golddigger, and f***s me for a while, no tears there
(2) If she f***s me for a while before she figures out that I don't have any money, well, :lol: heh heh heh.
(3) I am not as dumb as I look. Pretty hard to fool.

BUT....

I thought that this was an interesting video, a victim of scamming who speaks from experience, not fear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no6RIr9yYZ0
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Avoiding Scammers

Post by Zambales »

The stupid ones are the obvious ones who are impatient. The sort that hint or ask for money fairly quickly. The clever ones put a guy into a false sense of security by portraying themselves to be genuine, but to combat that you have to be clever yourself.