Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Should I go after this guy who scammed $1000 from my aunt?

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Rock » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Winston wrote:Really? Are you sure he's not Mexican? I thought he was Hispanic.

So even Filipinos in the US scam people?

Maybe I can be an agent of karma then. lol

Well he looks like he's got some NE Asian in those eyes. But NE Asian blood has gotten mixed into Mexico, LatAm, and SE Asia. S
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:51 am

I emailed my dad and asked him about this incident and the damages that he saw on the guy's car. Here is what he said:

Dear Win,

I thought you are busy on something productive. You seem to have too much time.

The bumper your aunt hit is a fiberglass. the car is brand new. I saw a crack when the owner pressed the bumper it appears separated with 2 inches crack. Your aunt did not want to admit. She has the opportunity to call her insurance to settle, but she would not.

A fiberglass crack can not be repaired. It has to be replaced. Since it is an European car, the part is expensive. Please don't promise your aunt that you are going to do something. You are wasting your time and you pinch her old wound. Let it go. I know her problem. She just won't let go.

I am not that easy to be scammed and I would fight if it get to my nerve too deep.

What do you think? Does a fiberglass bumper cost a thousand dollars to replace?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby momopi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:05 am

Depends. Old Toyota sedan bumper covers are $50, BMW fiberglass bumper covers are $500, and Ferrari bumper kits can cost several thousand dollars.

Minor damages to fiberglass bumpers can be repaired, but you'd need to repaint to color match afterwards.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:03 am

Rock,
Regarding your post about how you never get scammed, I doubt that you've never been scammed. Everyone has at some point.

But I want to address something. You are not taking into account something important.

Extreme pressure requires extreme resistance to counter, which in turn requires expenditure of energy.

If a scammer or hustling is using extreme pressure on me, near borderline coercion, I have to expend a lot of energy to counter with resistance. Simply saying no and walking away does not always work. You seem to assume that everyone thinks clearly under pressure without pressure. That's not true. Many scammers and hustlers do not take no for an answer, and will put extreme pressure. They will keep pushing and pushing.

Also, it's hard to think during a stressful situation. It's not like sitting alone in a quiet room and thinking. So try to be realistic, and less victim-blaming. You should sympathize with victims more, rather than blaming them or trying to portray them as stupid.

You would be more wise if you studied psychology and human nature more. Hindsight is 20/20, and it's very hard to think clearly when pressured. So the moment is always different than the hindsight. How many times do I have to explain this? Why are you so left brained and narrow? Why can't you be more broad minded and wise?

Anyway, the point is: Putting up resistance to counter extreme pressure requires EXPENDING ENERGY. That means that you will have to exhaust yourself to expend this energy. Not everyone is capable of expending such energy. It is draining.

For example, if a punch was being swung at you with a lot of force, you would have to block the punch with almost equal force to counter it. So it would require you to EXPEND energy to stop it.

So you see, it's not just about being weak willed or influenceable, though that is not a fault either. It's not easy to expend energy to resist pressure from people.

I'm not just talking about this car accident incident. I'm talking about the times people get scammed in general, including myself.

Sure I've dodged many scams too. I do not fall for most scams. But it's not 100 percent. Some scams are going to get you. Murphy's Law applies too, which I know is a real phenomenon and which you've witnessed as well. Luck is not distributed equally. It has its biases as well.

People who scam and hustle can often be VERY pushy. Sensitive people like me feel intimidated and drained. My energy gets sapped easily, as I am more sensitive than average. So you can't blame that on me or fault me with it. That's just the way it is. Your mind seems to be overly victim-blaming and overly judgmental.

So try to take the above into account. I cannot put up energy to resist scammers 24/7 at any moment. Even if I dodge 99 percent of scams, a few will still get to me. Most people I know have been scammed far more often and they do not put up as much resistance.

Moreover, I have a dopey looking pushover face that instinctively tells scammers and hustlers that they are free to use extra pressure and pushiness on me, because I'm a nice guy and can be used as a punching bag. Thus, scammers and hustlers will use even MORE pressure and pushiness on me, than on you.

So am I at fault because I look dopey and nice and look like a pushover guy? Am I at fault for having a victim vibe? Think about it. It's not as simple or cut and dry as you think.

Sure I've told many scammers to f**k off. But doing so requires me to expend energy in losing my temper and losing it and yelling loudly with anger. This requires EXPENDING energy. Afterward, I'm drained and exhausted. And I am not always in a mood to do this 24/7.

So you see, nothing is free, including resisting scammers. I have to put up energy to counter them. And they expend extra energy on me because I look like a pushover with a victim vibe. Either way, I lose something, if not money then energy.

Sucks doesn't it? Yes, but there are so many fuckheads in this world. You ought to blame them, not me. Especially since you are supposed to be my friend. Why do you prefer to criticize your friends than those who scam them? Weird. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Anyway Rock, I hope this gives you a more realistic understanding of things. For once, I wish you'd stop debating every point and concede that you forget to take some things into account. Try to be humble and concede when the other person has a good point.

Or admit when you've made a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. Don't pretend to be perfect. I wish you'd admit your mistakes, your shortcomings and your vulnerabilities instead of always trying to cover them up. I don't cover up my shortcomings and vulnerabilities. Instead, I flaunt them. In contrast, you pretend to never make mistakes or screw up, which is not realistic.

Also, it's a sign of good character to admit that you are wrong sometimes. Why do so many guys, including you, have trouble doing that? Strange.

Try to be more realistic and understanding please.

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Rock » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:10 am

Winston wrote:
If a scammer or hustling is using extreme pressure on me, near borderline coercion, I have to expend a lot of energy to counter with resistance. Simply saying no and walking away does not always work. You seem to assume that everyone thinks clearly under pressure without pressure. That's not true. Many scammers and hustlers do not take no for an answer, and will put extreme pressure. They will keep pushing and pushing.

Also, it's hard to think during a stressful situation. It's not like sitting alone in a quiet room and thinking. So try to be realistic, and less victim-blaming. You should sympathize with victims more, rather than blaming them or trying to portray them as stupid.

You would be more wise if you studied psychology and human nature more. Hindsight is 20/20, and it's very hard to think clearly when pressured. So the moment is always different than the hindsight. How many times do I have to explain this? Why are you so left brained and narrow? Why can't you be more broad minded and wise?

Anyway, the point is: Putting up resistance to counter extreme pressure requires EXPENDING ENERGY. That means that you will have to exhaust yourself to expend this energy. Not everyone is capable of expending such energy. It is draining.

1. You need to learn the art of non-engagement. With touts and other assorted characters in the third world, you avert eye contact. If they get in your space, step away and go around them. If they try to put a hand on your, knock it away before then can touch you. It only takes a lot of energy if you let them engage you. You need to walk in their midst with a cold souless blank stare and if they force themselves in your line of sight, look at them with daggers. Learn some avoidance techniques from the way certain young Taiwanese women respond to you.

2. There are plenty of other ways you can pre-empt scam attempts on your person. Many people I know including those in my family very rarely get taken advantage of. There's all kinds of things you can do to make yourself a more or less attractive target, low risk vs. high risk behavior choices. If you get swindled in a Filipino card game, that was your fault for naively trusting friendly strangers or perhaps being greedy.

Your aunt was not doing anything wrong or risky. She just had a fender bender. I've crashed too (when I was 16). Even then, I knew to get 3 competing damage estimates. They advised us that in drivers ed. Most people know that once you hand over cash instead of involving police and insurance companies, it's a done deal. I don't know why you can' get your head around that.

3. If I discussed psychology here, the most relevant topic would probably be which particular mental disorders apply to you. I think you may be on the brink of losing it. Perhaps you already have.

4. Why am I so left brained and narrow? So are you broad minded and wise? Would I be better off if I was like you, a tortured soul? Really Winston, are you wise? You behave like a spoiled child, ranting and ranting about what you can't change. Whining and blaming externals (Murphy's Law, your dad buying a house in Vegas, Taiwan girls, etc.). Resisting well meaning solid common sense advice from your peers and father. You are a victim, your own personal victim. How can you imagine yourself to be wise when your personal actions are so often that of a fool.

5. Read "The Art of War". You are wasting energy on battles which don't matter. You have no resources left to focus on what does matter to your personally.

6. Here's a quote from the Dalai Lama which so applies to you Winston. Please read and reflect on it:

“When you think everything is someone else’s fault, you will suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy.â€￾
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:28 am

Rock,
I'm glad you are learning to use quotes now, like intellectuals do.

I've done all those things. I do avoid 99 percent of scams. But not 100 percent. Nothing is perfect, except you of course, lol, allegedly.

I have flaws, weaknesses and vulnerabilities, and I rant about them openly. But you don't. You pretend to have no vulnerabilities or weaknesses. That's not very human.

Why don't you expose yourself and be open about your inner pain, suffering, struggles, etc.? lol

I already told you, I have bad time management skills. You gotta remember that my life is far more complicated than yours, that my to do list is much much longer than yours, and my brain is much more active than yours as well.

Highly intellectual people struggle with their own minds. Read some of their biographies and you will see that.

Your life only consists of making money, traveling, dating. Mine consists of 20 other things as well. I'm also involved in many tasks and projects.

Plus depression is addicting. Psychology has discovered this now. When you are used to pain or negativity, your mind adjusts to it and doesn't want to change the wavelength of it.

You assume that freewill is completely free of influences. It isn't.

I'm wiser than you in some ways. I know a lot more about human nature, psychology, philosophy, etc. I am not a victim blamer. Not that I have better time management skills. Of course I make bad decisions too. But that's another area of life. At least I don't blame victims. I show sympathy toward victims. You judge unfairly sometimes. Rather than blame victims, why don't you blame the bad guys?

And you also never admit when you are wrong, which is a typical male ego that AW complain about.

I am not a fool. I simply cannot control the complexity and overactivity of my own mind. And I cannot stop time. I do not always live in the real world too. That's not foolish. I just don't adapt well to this world. Like the guy said in another thread, I have an alien soul. :) Maybe I'm not cut out to be human. Some people are like that.

You are too overly judgmental. Blaming myself isn't going to solve anything.

There are external non-physical forces around us that are a factor too, as me and others like starchild have explained. Why do you not have any solution to deal with them? Murphy's Law is real. I'm sure of it. There's a lot of evidence for it too, from many areas of life. Denying it won't make it go away.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Rock » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:09 am

Winston wrote:Rock,
I'm glad you are learning to use quotes now, like intellectuals do.

I've done all those things. I do avoid 99 percent of scams. But not 100 percent. Nothing is perfect, except you of course, lol, allegedly.

I have flaws, weaknesses and vulnerabilities, and I rant about them openly. But you don't. You pretend to have no vulnerabilities or weaknesses. That's not very human.

Why don't you expose yourself and be open about your inner pain, suffering, struggles, etc.? lol

I already told you, I have bad time management skills. You gotta remember that my life is far more complicated than yours, that my to do list is much much longer than yours, and my brain is much more active than yours as well.

Highly intellectual people struggle with their own minds. Read some of their biographies and you will see that.

Your life only consists of making money, traveling, dating. Mine consists of 20 other things as well. I'm also involved in many tasks and projects.

Plus depression is addicting. Psychology has discovered this now. When you are used to pain or negativity, your mind adjusts to it and doesn't want to change the wavelength of it.

You assume that freewill is completely free of influences. It isn't.

I'm wiser than you in some ways. I know a lot more about human nature, psychology, philosophy, etc. I am not a victim blamer. Not that I have better time management skills. Of course I make bad decisions too. But that's another area of life. At least I don't blame victims. I show sympathy toward victims. You judge unfairly sometimes. Rather than blame victims, why don't you blame the bad guys?

And you also never admit when you are wrong, which is a typical male ego that AW complain about.

I am not a fool. I simply cannot control the complexity and overactivity of my own mind. And I cannot stop time. I do not always live in the real world too. That's not foolish. I just don't adapt well to this world. Like the guy said in another thread, I have an alien soul. :) Maybe I'm not cut out to be human. Some people are like that.

You are too overly judgmental. Blaming myself isn't going to solve anything.

There are external non-physical forces around us that are a factor too, as me and others like starchild have explained. Why do you not have any solution to deal with them? Murphy's Law is real. I'm sure of it. There's a lot of evidence for it too, from many areas of life. Denying it won't make it go away.

I grew up in a home where complaining, crying, and whining were not entertained. So I've developed self coping mechanisms. I don't dump on others. If I get hurt, I have to figure out ways to distract myself until I can get over it. That was tough as a teen but I get better at it with age and experience. And if I suffer intense physical pain for some reason, I have strong pain killers I can revert to or if all else fails, head to emergency room as long as I'm in Taiwan where its cheap.

Winston, you say my life consists only of: making money, traveling, dating. There's more to me than that. I am on a spiritual path too, seeking truth, meaning of life, and preparing for death. Perhaps I may even settle down in the process with some girl, who knows. But anyway, you bring up an important issue when you compare what you consider my simple life vs. your complex (read complicated) one. It's called FOCUS.

If you wanna achieve your dreams, you need to focus on activities that will get you there. Most of your to-do list which so bogs you down is most likely rubbish! Walt has brought the focus issue up to you. And momopi has told you to prioritize your list. Ever here of he 80/20 rule? It's probably more like 90/10.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Cornfed » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:44 am

Rock wrote:6. Here's a quote from the Dalai Lama which so applies to you Winston. Please read and reflect on it:

“When you think everything is someone else’s fault, you will suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy.â€￾

On the face of it, that sounds solipsistic. I presume he meant that everything that happens to you personally springs from yourself. In that case, I should be able to go around punting babies out of windows, setting fire to old ladies etc. secure in the knowledge that the events sprung from them and I was merely doing them a favor by enabling their own desired karmic destiny.

As regards this thread, surely the parties should move on. No-one scammed $1000 from anyone. Perhaps a few hundred dollars changed hands that arguably shouldn't have. However, such is the nature of bartering, as Asians should well know. Essentially the guy was selling Winston's aunt a free pass for causing an accident. A thousand dollars was the negotiated price. Unless the aunt was threatened or somehow incapacitated, that should be the end of the matter. You never come out even from such negotiations.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Rock » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:20 am

Cornfed wrote:As regards this thread, surely the parties should move on. No-one scammed $1000 from anyone. Perhaps a few hundred dollars changed hands that arguably shouldn't have. However, such is the nature of bartering, as Asians should well know. Essentially the guy was selling Winston's aunt a free pass for causing an accident. A thousand dollars was the negotiated price. Unless the aunt was threatened or somehow incapacitated, that should be the end of the matter. You never come out even from such negotiations.

Absolutely correct!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Repatriate » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:21 am

I got rearended once and my car's bumper (japanese make) that was about 4 years old at the time costed $450 or so to repair. The lady who rear ended me went through her insurance and everything too. $1,000 for a european model car might not be unrealistic but she definitely should have sought out her own estimate first then come to an agreement based on that.

Winston, it sounds like your relatives are some of the most gullible people alive. My parents have a similar background as yours and they would never fall for some stupid shit like that. Especially my mom who would do her own due diligence first or outright tell the guy to f**k off in a polite way. Plus the guy in the pics looks like a turd I would scrape off the bottom of my shoe and she got pressured by this guy? Don't make me laugh. This isn't a Taiwanese cultural thing I feel and it's more of a "Wu" family thing to get ripped off and cheated in matters of the wallet and heart.

Btw, would you or your father be interested in buying some swampland or bridges from me? :lol:
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:54 pm

No. My relatives do not get scammed any more than average people do. Everyone gets scammed, but they do not get scammed more than usual.

My aunt is very frugal and calculating when it comes to money. At car dealerships I've seen her argue for a long time about prices.

She is so frugal that she will go out of her way to save a few dollars, despite the fact that she is wealthy and owns several houses and office buildings. Some Chinese are like that.

Like I said, everyone makes mistakes under pressure, even you guys do. Stop pretending to be perfect.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:25 am

I don't understand something. That guys LinkedIn profile says he's a bank manager. See below.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brian-nuestro/34/318/a11

So why would he scam a thousand dollars from my aunt? Working professionals don't usually do that right?

Or is his profile above fake? He does not look like an IT person or bank manager in his photos.

To Rock:

Btw, I still find it hard to believe that you are interested in spirituality, you claim. I mean, take Jackal for example. He says he's interested in Buddhism and meditation. I believe him because when I ask him questions about Buddhism or meditation, he demonstrates a lot of knowledge about those subjects.

On the other hand, you don't. You do not seem to know any spiritual or metaphysical concepts, principles, teachings, or great authors. All you say is that you're interested. Nothing more. So how am I supposed to believe you? You don't even meditate. You don't study Buddhism or eastern mysticism. You do not know about auras, chakras, healing, reincarnation, psychical research, etc. You don't demonstrate that you know anything about these subjects.

When people like Deepak Chopra speak, they demonstrate lots of knowledge on these subjects. But you never do.

So am I missing something here?

Moreover, why is it that even though you are a close friend, you won't tell me your real name or your age? How come you're the only friend of mine that won't tell me his real name? Will you ever?

A logical guess is that you don't give out your real name (even to hotel receptionists) because you are paranoid for having been burned before. But if you were burned before by some traumatizing incident, then why did you claim in this thread that you have never been scammed or have no pattern of it?

I'm confused. Can you explain? You seem to be a paradox. lol.

I just don't know what to believe about you because you are very secretive.

Why won't you be more real and come clean about your vulnerabilities, past trauma, dark secrets, etc.? Why pretend to be perfect and problem-free and free of vulnerabilities?

A good comedian knows how to make fun of himself and deprecate himself. A comedian who claims to have no flaws or vulnerabilities is not funny or realistic. A good example of a comedian or actor who makes fun or himself and his flaws is Woody Allen.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Rock » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Winston wrote:I don't understand something. That guys LinkedIn profile says he's a bank manager. See below.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brian-nuestro/34/318/a11

So why would he scam a thousand dollars from my aunt? Working professionals don't usually do that right?

Or is his profile above fake? He does not look like an IT person or bank manager in his photos.

To Rock:

Btw, I still find it hard to believe that you are interested in spirituality, you claim. I mean, take Jackal for example. He says he's interested in Buddhism and meditation. I believe him because when I ask him questions about Buddhism or meditation, he demonstrates a lot of knowledge about those subjects.

On the other hand, you don't. You do not seem to know any spiritual or metaphysical concepts, principles, teachings, or great authors. All you say is that you're interested. Nothing more. So how am I supposed to believe you? You don't even meditate. You don't study Buddhism or eastern mysticism. You do not know about auras, chakras, healing, reincarnation, psychical research, etc. You don't demonstrate that you know anything about these subjects.

When people like Deepak Chopra speak, they demonstrate lots of knowledge on these subjects. But you never do.

So am I missing something here?

Moreover, why is it that even though you are a close friend, you won't tell me your real name or your age? How come you're the only friend of mine that won't tell me his real name? Will you ever?

A logical guess is that you don't give out your real name (even to hotel receptionists) because you are paranoid for having been burned before. But if you were burned before by some traumatizing incident, then why did you claim in this thread that you have never been scammed or have no pattern of it?

I'm confused. Can you explain? You seem to be a paradox. lol.

I just don't know what to believe about you because you are very secretive.

Why won't you be more real and come clean about your vulnerabilities, past trauma, dark secrets, etc.? Why pretend to be perfect and problem-free and free of vulnerabilities?

A good comedian knows how to make fun of himself and deprecate himself. A comedian who claims to have no flaws or vulnerabilities is not funny or realistic. A good example of a comedian or actor who makes fun or himself and his flaws is Woody Allen.

Winston, I’m basically a simple guy from a small town midwest family. Spirituality is not something you need to wear on your sleeve or make so complicated. I’ve boiled it down to where I will go after death. I’ve read about many positive NDEs and I happen to believe in them. I don’t need to chant, meditate, or study the teachings of Buddha. As a matter of natural personal interest, I’ve studied and reflected on some things, especially the cannons from my default religion and some of the recorded history around it. But I’m really most concerned with going to a better place when I die and serving my purposes while here in a going with the flow sort of way.

I follow my intuition and the sense I've learned through experience on right and wrong and when I’m headed in a bad direction, I receive signs. So I’ve been blessed and lucky so far. I’ve remained sensitive, listened, and acted accordingly. I don’t enjoy struggles when I am in the midst of them but sometimes they bring me closer to God convince me of his presence. I feel stronger after I survive such hardships. I pray to God and have my own spiritual experiences. But I don’t hang out in temples when I’m in Thailand, seek enlightenment in India, or anything like that. If that makes me non-spiritual by your definition, I don’t have to agree with your opinion. You seem to only value those humans who’s way makes sense to your narrow viewpoint.

“When people like Deepak Chopra speak, they demonstrate lots of knowledge on these subjects. But you never do.â€￾ What kind of comparison is this? I’m just a regular guy with average intelligence. Ridiculous.

"Moreover, why is it that even though you are a close friend, you won't tell me your real name or your age? How come you're the only friend of mine that won't tell me his real name? Will you ever?" Probably not and I’ll tell you why. You are the only friend I have who goes postal in the Internet attacking people, some of whom were once your friends. You even have posted a “Russian Hall of Villiansâ€￾ complete with photos lol. I don’t trust your impulses or judgments about such things. Some are deserved but others seem overdone or even unreasonable. I have friends who won’t even meet you for the same reason. Even Monkro was extremely hesitant to let you see his face. I do sign my name on hotel registration forms, just not when you are around lol. Hey, if you really wanna know my name, just pay Airking $495 and maybe he can find out.

Was I traumatized? Certainly. Growing up in the States and going to smaller town public schools was a horrible experience for me from age 11 onwards. My social intelligence lagged. I was maybe 2 or more years behind, enough to make me feel scared of all group interactions. Imagine how someone with a 90 IQ feels around a group of 120s, but for social stuff, not book learning. Mind you, I was a fairly big kid and my schools were not in ghettos so I never got picked on physically. By around 12 or 13, I figured out that if I could get a reasonably attractive or popular girl, that might get me respect and popularity. But I quickly discovered that guys like me were shunned by about all the girls. So I started to imagine I was some ugly untouchable. In my case, I didn’t blame it on the way things are in America. I figured it was my own issue. Eventually, cross cultural experiences and travel abroad opened up new worlds for me and lead me to discover how wrong I was about myself.

“A good comedian knows how to make fun of himself and deprecate himself. A comedian who claims to have no flaws or vulnerabilities is not funny or realistic. A good example of a comedian or actor who makes fun or himself and his flaws is Woody Allen.â€￾ I’m not a comedian, good or bad you dope, lol.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Rock,
Ok if you studied NDE's, then do you know the major authors on the subject? I do. Do you? Do you know the major experiments and theories behind NDE's? Which books have you read?

Have you researched reincarnation? Do you know who Dr. Ian Stevenson is?

Other people who are into such research know about these people. I wonder if you do.

Why are you so interested in life after death? Many practical people, like yourself, would tell you that no one knows what's in the afterlife, if there even is one, so all you can do is focus on your current life.

You aren't a regular guy. Regular guys don't debate like you do or play devil's advocate all the time or hide their real name.

You don't have to be intelligent to understand Deepak Chopra or Wayne Dyer. They appeal to regular mainstream people. All you have to do is have an INTEREST in their teachings. Any average person with an interest can understand them. They are part of the pop psychology self-help motivational community for the average layman. Not for academic scholars. So that's no excuse. Every spiritual seeker is familiar with them.

You never told me your real name even before you found out about my cyber wars. Why?

Why the paranoia? You know I'm a just and fair person and I do not attack innocent people. I have a real sense of justice. You know that. When have I ever been unfair to anyone?

How come other people tell me their real name? Do you have something to hide? lol

What kind of a friend are you, if you don't even trust me basically? That's screwed up. If you don't trust me, why should I trust you? lol

You call yourself "Rock Rich" as a pseudonym. lol. It's obvious why. Names attract energy. You want to be strong and hard as a Rock (in bed too lol) and you want to be rich. So you put those talisman keywords into your name to attract that. lol

The Midwest is more down to earth in California. You probably grew up in a Christian town too. Why weren't kids nice to you? Did they say you were not good looking?

How much suffering have you experienced in life? Do you know what extreme suffering is like? What about in adulthood?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Rock » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:23 am

Winston wrote:Rock,
Ok if you studied NDE's, then do you know the major authors on the subject? I do. Do you? Do you know the major experiments and theories behind NDE's? Which books have you read?

Have you researched reincarnation? Do you know who Dr. Ian Stevenson is?

Other people who are into such research know about these people. I wonder if you do.

Why are you so interested in life after death? Many practical people, like yourself, would tell you that no one knows what's in the afterlife, if there even is one, so all you can do is focus on your current life.

You aren't a regular guy. Regular guys don't debate like you do or play devil's advocate all the time or hide their real name.

You don't have to be intelligent to understand Deepak Chopra or Wayne Dyer. They appeal to regular mainstream people. All you have to do is have an INTEREST in their teachings. Any average person with an interest can understand them. They are part of the pop psychology self-help motivational community for the average layman. Not for academic scholars. So that's no excuse. Every spiritual seeker is familiar with them.

You never told me your real name even before you found out about my cyber wars. Why?

Why the paranoia? You know I'm a just and fair person and I do not attack innocent people. I have a real sense of justice. You know that. When have I ever been unfair to anyone?

How come other people tell me their real name? Do you have something to hide? lol

What kind of a friend are you, if you don't even trust me basically? That's screwed up. If you don't trust me, why should I trust you? lol

You call yourself "Rock Rich" as a pseudonym. lol. It's obvious why. Names attract energy. You want to be strong and hard as a Rock (in bed too lol) and you want to be rich. So you put those talisman keywords into your name to attract that. lol

The Midwest is more down to earth in California. You probably grew up in a Christian town too. Why weren't kids nice to you? Did they say you were not good looking?

How much suffering have you experienced in life? Do you know what extreme suffering is like? What about in adulthood?

Hmm, there you go. I don't trust you Winston, not because I think you are a really bad or evil person but because you lack a lot of sense sometimes and your judgments are off. You may even be getting mentally ill now. The first things I saw on this site besides the attacks on Taiwan girls were the Wu Bashing section and that crazy fight you were having with Chemist or something like that which did become an online attack.

When Steve Jobs went to India as a youth, he said he learned a lot about spirituality and intuition not just from the spiritual leaders but also from the simple illiterate folk. Sometimes I intentionally keep it simple. I"m not trying to impress people by talking the talk. If I wanted to do that, I'm smart enough and know how. But I don't wanna go there. I had to do it in some fields for practical reasons. But spirituality is another matter. And who said I believe in reincarnation? The honest answer about such specifics is I don't know. My belief in something positive is at the gut level and very general. I think debates between different faiths on details are the most retarded things. That's why I abhor religions. Because they get humanized and humans don't know. People constantly judge others instead of just focusing on the essence which to me is showing love. Faith and spirituality is something not to be intellectualized in my book. Just leave it at that.

If you wanna delve deeper into personal issues of an individual like myself, I suggest you try to do it privately. This is a public forum and I choose not to spill my guts out but rather remain quasi anonymous. Many others are like me on that so it's not so strange. I've shared more than many here already - both directly through my writings and indirectly by meeting up with posters here. I hope you will respect that. If not, it will push more distance between myself and your forum. I contribute in my own way, take it or leave it.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Scam Alerts and Ripoffs