Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Should I go after this guy who scammed $1000 from my aunt?

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Mr S » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:00 pm

Although I believe and follow many of the adherents of supposed "new age" philosophy, I think a lot of authors such as Deepak Chopra are just modern day Charlatans that are just taking advantage of gullible individuals looking for spiritual knowledge and awakening but only getting sugar coated reprinting of past Spiritual knowledge from deceased spiritual masters. I don't think he has come up with a unique spiritual thought in his upteen years of peddling his supposed unique version of spiritual teachings. He is just a really intelligent guy that knows where the wind blows to find naive people to fall for his whole spiritual schtick. Now his ego is so huge he actually believes he is a spiritual master, ha ha.

Wayne Dyer is a bit better and at least has come up with some of his own unique viewpoints although he does tow the line sometimes with general rehashed spiritual stuff.

This is a great blog and link to "New Age Bullshit Generator":

http://sebpearce.com/blog/bullshit/

On the New Age Bullshit Generator and parodying woo

15 April 2014

Link to the Generator: http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/
(Yes, it’s open source: GitHub link)

A while back, I was on a philosophy debate binge. Watching Sam Harris and the late Christopher Hitchens annihilate their opponents with precision and wit is my idea of a good night in, and YouTube’s “related videosâ€￾ are a deep, dark rabbithole.

I stumbled upon two debates involving Deepak Chopra: one alongside possible alien Jean Houston against Sam Harris and Michael Shermer called Does God Have A Future? and one against Richard Dawkins at the Dangerous Ideas festival. I had never seen Chopra speak before, and I was only familiar with his name from cheesy-looking self-help titles. As I watched the debate, his childish behaviour and smugness amazed me. He constantly interrupted and talked over the others, usually to make cheap shots or have the last word instead of making a sound argument. He got weirdly defensive when Harris pointed out that nobody at the debate was qualified to talk about quantum physics — quantum is one of his favourite buzzwords — and boasted that he was the most qualified one there because he’s an MD(!). It’s clear the man isn’t used to being challenged.

The thing that really impressed me, though, was his command of the vocabulary of woo (short for woo-woo for those not in the skeptic scene). This word is a blanket term for pseudoscience, New Age thinking, dubious alternative medicine and other things that reek of the heady fumes of snake oil.

Here’s a sample of Chopra’s sermons taken from Does God Have A Future?:

Science is now in a process of overthrowing the climactic overthrow of the superstition of materialism. That everything that we call “matterâ€￾ comes from something that is not material. That the essential nature of the physical world is that it’s not physical.
…
Science tells us that nature is a discontinuity, that is, an on-off phenomenon. That there are gaps between every two 1s where you find a field of possibilities, a field of pure potentiality. Science doesn’t call it God, but what is God if not the immeasurable potential of all that was, all that is, and all that will be? Science also tells us that there’s a field of non-locality where everything is correlated with everything else.
…
There is hidden creativity; there are quantum leaps of creativity. There is something called the Observer Effect where intention orchestrates spacetime events which we then measure as movement and motion and energy and matter… You have the resources within you to intuitively grasp this mystery.

Just dreadful.

The sad thing, I realised, is that if the younger, scientifically illiterate, spiritually frustrated, eighteen-year-old me had heard this type of nonsense, I would have likely been taken in by it. It’s so full of hope and wonder and impressive ideas that you want it to be true — and for people who feel powerless, that’s more important than whether it is actually true or just a quack trying to sell a few books. After that, confirmation bias sets in and they’ve got you hook, line and sinker.

So after enduring a few hours of this nonsense and feeling profoundly irritated at the applause given to it, I had an idea.

People like Harris and Shermer and Dawkins are taking care of the rational side of things in the war on woo. They listen patiently to the babble from the other side and painstakingly try to take it apart piece by piece, dealing with each fallacy as it arises. For people who are inclined towards logical thinking and don’t have a huge emotional stake in woo, this is excellent. But what about the others?

Sometimes, there is a better way to pull your head out of the clouds and the charlatans’ hands out of your pockets. All it takes is a sneaking suspicion that this doctrine you’ve come to defend, fund and worship is, all things considered, perhaps a bit silly. Ridicule can be more persuasive than reason when it’s done right. I know this because it was the first thing that tipped me off in my early twenties.

As I sat there listening to the debates, I thought to myself, “This all sounds like random sequences of buzzwords. I bet I could write code to generate it.â€￾ It seemed like not only a fun side project, but a great way to prove how easy it is to make hogwash that looks compelling. It might help show that it’s the language games and emotions that lure people into this stuff. I started scribbling down any words I could think of that evoked a feeling of bullshit: quantum, growth, matrix, path, potential, flowering…

And thus the New Age Bullshit Generator was born.

I put it on Facebook and a few friends shared it. Then I put it on Reddit, and it exploded on the Internet. There were 50,000 likes within 4 days. I must have scratched some sort of itch, because the comments it generated were full of praise and people said they’d been waiting for something like this to come along. I was even getting donations. It seems almost everyone knows someone who has been suckered in.

Thanks to everyone who shared the link around, commented, followed me and donated — you gave me my first taste of Internet fame. Thanks also to those who created spin-offs and blogged about it.

Lastly, to the people it offended: don’t worry. This is just a digital manifestation of the infinite being mocking itself through quantum pulses of energy. And who is the “Iâ€￾ who is offended, anyway?
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane







Postby Winston » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:16 am

Rock wrote:Hmm, there you go. I don't trust you Winston, not because I think you are a really bad or evil person but because you lack a lot of sense sometimes and your judgments are off. You may even be getting mentally ill now. The first things I saw on this site besides the attacks on Taiwan girls were the Wu Bashing section and that crazy fight you were having with Chemist or something like that which did become an online attack.


Well you are the only guy I've met who doesn't trust me. Other guys I've met always say that I seem so kind and genuine that they'd gladly trust me, at least more than they would other guys. Most women that know me willingly tell me their darkest secrets, because I am a good listener and nonjudgemental and they feel that they can share their secrets with me. I've always had a vibe that makes people trust me.

Monkro and Momopi, for example, gave me their real names. So did Mr S and Ladislav. Yet they did NOT suffer any negative results from it. I NEVER posted their real name here on the forum. I never betrayed them or double crossed them. So why doesn't that earn trust in your book? I have no history of backstabbing people or breaking promises. You know that. So why would you not trust me? You don't make sense. Perhaps the problem is you?

Other guys gave me their real names, such as Monkro, Momopi, Mr S, Ladislav, and many others. But they did not get any bad repercussions from it. So your paranoia is very UNJUSTIFIED. There is no basis to not trust me. Others have no problem with trusting me. Why do you?

Did you ever think that maybe YOU are OVERLY PARANOID and hence mentally ill in that sense? There is something about you that is a bit "off" and out of balance. It's hard to define. But you can't claim to be normal either. Neither of us are normal.

You can't deny that it's NOT normal for a guy to never give out his real name to his friends. I don't know any guy who does that. Does that mean maybe you are mentally ill? lol. If so, then at least I'm not mentally ill in the same way that you are.

Question for you: How come everyone else has no problem giving out their real name to me, except you? Is it because you're smarter than everyone? I doubt it. Or is it because you're more paranoid than everyone? Your paranoia is excessive, and makes you more American than anything else.

I've always had some kind of OCD since my teenage years. But that doesn't mean I'm mentally ill in the way you think. We are all crazy here from being victims of a highly toxic and inauthentic culture in the US.

How am I mentally ill? I do not say anything untrue or inaccurate. And I don't bullshit like you do sometimes (no offense, just calling it as I see it).

Yes I have a hot temper and I may overreact sometimes. And we may disagree. But that doesn't make me mentally ill.

Yes I deal with a lot of obstacles that you can't understand. But hey, you have faults too, that I don't have. You have faults too. But you aren't honest about them. At least I'm more honest and open than you are. That's for sure.

You can't claim to be brighter than me. We both know that in Chess, Chinese Chess or Scrabble, I'd easily steamroll you without effort. I'd bet a lot of money on it too. You know it's true. Those games are my forte. I'm not stupid obviously and I do have some good mental talents. And I'm very good when it comes to reason and logic.

When Steve Jobs went to India as a youth, he said he learned a lot about spirituality and intuition not just from the spiritual leaders but also from the simple illiterate folk. Sometimes I intentionally keep it simple. I"m not trying to impress people by talking the talk. If I wanted to do that, I'm smart enough and know how. But I don't wanna go there. I had to do it in some fields for practical reasons. But spirituality is another matter. And who said I believe in reincarnation? The honest answer about such specifics is I don't know. My belief in something positive is at the gut level and very general. I think debates between different faiths on details are the most retarded things. That's why I abhor religions. Because they get humanized and humans don't know. People constantly judge others instead of just focusing on the essence which to me is showing love. Faith and spirituality is something not to be intellectualized in my book. Just leave it at that.

If you wanna delve deeper into personal issues of an individual like myself, I suggest you try to do it privately. This is a public forum and I choose not to spill my guts out but rather remain quasi anonymous. Many others are like me on that so it's not so strange. I've shared more than many here already - both directly through my writings and indirectly by meeting up with posters here. I hope you will respect that. If not, it will push more distance between myself and your forum. I contribute in my own way, take it or leave it.


Fine. Maybe you are spiritual in your own way. But you aren't an intellectual on the subject because you can't even discuss it.

If you want to talk about this privately, ok then let's do that next time. But if we meet and I find out that you are not able to demonstrate any knowledge in spirituality, or in any of the subjects you claim to be interested in (martial arts, etc) do you mind if I call you on your bullshit? Is that ok? Is it a sin to you for someone to call you out on your faults?

Again, take Jackal for example. He says he's interested in Buddhism and meditation. And he proves it, because when I ask him questions about it, he DEMONSTRATES that he has knowledge and understanding in those subjects. So I believe him.

But you don't. How do you explain that? How can you be interested in something yet not know much about it?! Surely you are educated and capable of reading right? Then why do you feign ignorance? No one who truly loves knowledge would do that. Am I missing something? You aren't making sense here.

Also, how come me and Mr S can have deep conversations about metaphysics and spirituality? He has a LOT of knowledge in this area too. And he can hold deep intellectual conversations about it. But when I try to do that with you, you resist and draw a blank. How come?

A spiritual person does not act invulnerable like you do. A spiritual person acts humble and will admit their faults. But you have NEVER EVER said "I was wrong". NEVER. Why? Are you so insecure that you have to act tough and faultless? You never answer this question. Why can't you be real and human and admit your faults and weaknesses? Remember that real men admit their faults and when they are wrong. Only insecure people act like know it alls.
Last edited by Winston on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:40 am

Mr S wrote:Although I believe and follow many of the adherents of supposed "new age" philosophy, I think a lot of authors such as Deepak Chopra are just modern day Charlatans that are just taking advantage of gullible individuals looking for spiritual knowledge and awakening but only getting sugar coated reprinting of past Spiritual knowledge from deceased spiritual masters. I don't think he has come up with a unique spiritual thought in his upteen years of peddling his supposed unique version of spiritual teachings. He is just a really intelligent guy that knows where the wind blows to find naive people to fall for his whole spiritual schtick. Now his ego is so huge he actually believes he is a spiritual master, ha ha.

Wayne Dyer is a bit better and at least has come up with some of his own unique viewpoints although he does tow the line sometimes with general rehashed spiritual stuff.

This is a great blog and link to "New Age Bullshit Generator":

http://sebpearce.com/blog/bullshit/

On the New Age Bullshit Generator and parodying woo

15 April 2014

Link to the Generator: http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/
(Yes, it’s open source: GitHub link)

A while back, I was on a philosophy debate binge. Watching Sam Harris and the late Christopher Hitchens annihilate their opponents with precision and wit is my idea of a good night in, and YouTube’s “related videosâ€￾ are a deep, dark rabbithole.

I stumbled upon two debates involving Deepak Chopra: one alongside possible alien Jean Houston against Sam Harris and Michael Shermer called Does God Have A Future? and one against Richard Dawkins at the Dangerous Ideas festival. I had never seen Chopra speak before, and I was only familiar with his name from cheesy-looking self-help titles. As I watched the debate, his childish behaviour and smugness amazed me. He constantly interrupted and talked over the others, usually to make cheap shots or have the last word instead of making a sound argument. He got weirdly defensive when Harris pointed out that nobody at the debate was qualified to talk about quantum physics — quantum is one of his favourite buzzwords — and boasted that he was the most qualified one there because he’s an MD(!). It’s clear the man isn’t used to being challenged.

The thing that really impressed me, though, was his command of the vocabulary of woo (short for woo-woo for those not in the skeptic scene). This word is a blanket term for pseudoscience, New Age thinking, dubious alternative medicine and other things that reek of the heady fumes of snake oil.

Here’s a sample of Chopra’s sermons taken from Does God Have A Future?:

Science is now in a process of overthrowing the climactic overthrow of the superstition of materialism. That everything that we call “matterâ€￾ comes from something that is not material. That the essential nature of the physical world is that it’s not physical.
…
Science tells us that nature is a discontinuity, that is, an on-off phenomenon. That there are gaps between every two 1s where you find a field of possibilities, a field of pure potentiality. Science doesn’t call it God, but what is God if not the immeasurable potential of all that was, all that is, and all that will be? Science also tells us that there’s a field of non-locality where everything is correlated with everything else.
…
There is hidden creativity; there are quantum leaps of creativity. There is something called the Observer Effect where intention orchestrates spacetime events which we then measure as movement and motion and energy and matter… You have the resources within you to intuitively grasp this mystery.

Just dreadful.

The sad thing, I realised, is that if the younger, scientifically illiterate, spiritually frustrated, eighteen-year-old me had heard this type of nonsense, I would have likely been taken in by it. It’s so full of hope and wonder and impressive ideas that you want it to be true — and for people who feel powerless, that’s more important than whether it is actually true or just a quack trying to sell a few books. After that, confirmation bias sets in and they’ve got you hook, line and sinker.

So after enduring a few hours of this nonsense and feeling profoundly irritated at the applause given to it, I had an idea.

People like Harris and Shermer and Dawkins are taking care of the rational side of things in the war on woo. They listen patiently to the babble from the other side and painstakingly try to take it apart piece by piece, dealing with each fallacy as it arises. For people who are inclined towards logical thinking and don’t have a huge emotional stake in woo, this is excellent. But what about the others?

Sometimes, there is a better way to pull your head out of the clouds and the charlatans’ hands out of your pockets. All it takes is a sneaking suspicion that this doctrine you’ve come to defend, fund and worship is, all things considered, perhaps a bit silly. Ridicule can be more persuasive than reason when it’s done right. I know this because it was the first thing that tipped me off in my early twenties.

As I sat there listening to the debates, I thought to myself, “This all sounds like random sequences of buzzwords. I bet I could write code to generate it.â€￾ It seemed like not only a fun side project, but a great way to prove how easy it is to make hogwash that looks compelling. It might help show that it’s the language games and emotions that lure people into this stuff. I started scribbling down any words I could think of that evoked a feeling of bullshit: quantum, growth, matrix, path, potential, flowering…

And thus the New Age Bullshit Generator was born.

I put it on Facebook and a few friends shared it. Then I put it on Reddit, and it exploded on the Internet. There were 50,000 likes within 4 days. I must have scratched some sort of itch, because the comments it generated were full of praise and people said they’d been waiting for something like this to come along. I was even getting donations. It seems almost everyone knows someone who has been suckered in.

Thanks to everyone who shared the link around, commented, followed me and donated — you gave me my first taste of Internet fame. Thanks also to those who created spin-offs and blogged about it.

Lastly, to the people it offended: don’t worry. This is just a digital manifestation of the infinite being mocking itself through quantum pulses of energy. And who is the “Iâ€￾ who is offended, anyway?


Well I have mixed views on this. I don't think Deepak Chopra is a charlatan though. A charlatan is someone who deliberately cheats people. I don't see any evidence of that in him. He seems very kind, genuine and wise. Chopra does have a lot of great knowledge and is a great speaker. I like listening to him. He's a very likable guy. He does preach a lot of wisdom and truth. But it's not flawless. Same with Wayne Dyer. So it's not all bullshit, just highly flawed.

You can find great wisdom and truth in their teachings, and great flaws as well. It depends on what you want to look for.

What me and Steve Neese concluded is that New Age self-help gurus like this are good for helping you cope with stress, deal with bad memories, manage pain, and help you feel better. They are good for those things. So is meditation.

But they cannot help you solve all your problems. Real problems do not have easy solutions. If they did they would not be real problems. But New Age philosophy teaches that all problems have easy simple solutions. That just is not true.

So the New Agers do overgeneralize a lot of stuff. They also believe that there are no victims and no bad luck, so that everything comes from your thoughts and beliefs. So the only bad things that happen to you are the result of your negative thoughts and bad choices. That's not true. In reality, there are victims and bad things do happen to good people. And your thoughts have power but not unlimited power.

The victims on the Titanic for instance, or on TWA 800, did not die because they had negative thoughts and beliefs, or because they made bad choices. They were just unlucky. Bad luck is real. There are victims in real life. Bad things do happen to innocent people that are not their fault. Not everything that happens is due to your thoughts, beliefs or bad choices.

So New Age is wrong about these things.

Some problems are simple. Others are complex and require complex solutions, perhaps solutions that are out of the box (such as HA). Some problems are unsolvable and meant to be endured. Some problems make no sense and hence can't be solved. Problems are not all the same. Yet New Agers insinuate that they are all the same and easily solved with spiritual solutions. This is another key flaw.

Dr. Wayne Dyer even titles some of his audio series with names like "How to be a No Limits Person (NLP)" and "There's a spiritual solution to every problem". But that's not true. There are limits in life. Everyone deals with limits. That's reality. And not every problem has a simple spiritual solution. Some do and some don't. That's reality. They are way overgeneralizing here, and thus are wrong and flawed in some ways.

All three -- Dr. Wayne Dyer, Dr. Deepak Chopra and Dr. Bruce Lipton -- claim that "thoughts create everything" and have full control your DNA, which is not true at all. If thoughts had unlimited power, then why can't the three of them use their "thought power" to make themselves look younger or reverse aging? Why can't Wayne Dyer regrow his hair with his thoughts? Why can't Bruce Lipton use his thoughts to make himself thinner or taller? This alone debunks their theory. In reality, thoughts have power, but not unlimited power. There are limits to everything.

For some reason, New Agers don't like to talk about limits. It's not popular and goes against their gospel. It doesn't sell perhaps. People prefer to believe in no limits for some reason.

But New Age gurus do teach a lot of good spiritual wisdom. So they have a lot of value. They are good at making people feel good as well. But they have their major flaws too, as I explained above.

I saw the debate between Deepak Chopra and Sam Harris and Michael Shermer. He did not do well in it and overreacted with emotion. It didn't seem that he was prepared. He should have studied my debunking pseudoskeptic material at http://www.debunkingskeptics.com

However, Deepak Chopra wiped the floor with Richard Dawkins and outshined him. His performance was far better in that debate. You can see for yourself here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4c_CrQzUGw[/youtube]
Last edited by Winston on Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:51 am

Ok I did it. I finally put up a webpage about the guy. Here it is.

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2014/04/b ... trust.html

Please help by clicking on the link above, and leaving a comment, to help get it higher in Google rankings. Thanks.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Here are three more pages I put up about him under different domain names I control. I simply copied and pasted the same one as above.

Again, as with the link above, please help out here by clicking all the links below and leaving a comment. This will raise these hits in Google higher. The first link above in our blog is already on the first page of Google. If you don't have much time, then just click the links without leaving any comments, which is better than nothing. Thanks.

Here is the first one again:

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2014/04/b ... trust.html

The next three:

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/ ... =26&t=3416

http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.com/2 ... o-not.html

http://janethsiehsucks.wordpress.com/20 ... mer-alert/

The guy is not answering my PM's on YouTube or Facebook. But these links will get his attention for sure. The first one is already on the first page of Google.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Bitch_Slapper » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:09 pm

Winston wrote:Well you are the only guy I've met who doesn't trust me. Other guys I've met always say that I seem so kind and genuine that they'd gladly trust me, at least more than they would other guys. Most women that know me willingly tell me their darkest secrets, because I am a good listener and nonjudgemental and they feel that they can share their secrets with me. I've always had a vibe that makes people trust me.


To be honest Winston, I hate to say this but I wouldn't trust you either.

I don't think you're a bad person or a sociopath, but you do seem to have self-control problems. I know lots of people who are kind and sincere too, but I would still never trust them with my personal shit.

As this thread indicates, you veer off on some silly tangent and soon enough, you're having a major tiff over some BS that nobody else would ever dream of having.

And you never should have posted a forum member's name like that. Doesn't matter if it's a fake name. That was a dick move, and proof that you shouldn't ever be trusted with vital information. You really need to get a proper handle on your impulses.
Bitch_Slapper
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Postby Rock » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:36 pm

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:Hmm, there you go. I don't trust you Winston, not because I think you are a really bad or evil person but because you lack a lot of sense sometimes and your judgments are off. You may even be getting mentally ill now. The first things I saw on this site besides the attacks on Taiwan girls were the Wu Bashing section and that crazy fight you were having with Chemist or something like that which did become an online attack.


Well you are the only guy I've met who doesn't trust me. Other guys I've met always say that I seem so kind and genuine that they'd gladly trust me, at least more than they would other guys. Most women that know me willingly tell me their darkest secrets, because I am a good listener and nonjudgemental and they feel that they can share their secrets with me. I've always had a vibe that makes people trust me.

Monkro and Momopi, for example, gave me their real names. So did Mr S and Ladislav. Yet they did NOT suffer any negative results from it. I NEVER posted their real name here on the forum. I never betrayed them or double crossed them. So why doesn't that earn trust in your book? I have no history of backstabbing people or breaking promises. You know that. So why would you not trust me? You don't make sense. Perhaps the problem is you?

Other guys gave me their real names, such as Monkro, Momopi, Mr S, Ladislav, and many others. But they did not get any bad repercussions from it. So your paranoia is very UNJUSTIFIED. There is no basis to not trust me. Others have no problem with trusting me. Why do you?

Did you ever think that maybe YOU are OVERLY PARANOID and hence mentally ill in that sense? There is something about you that is a bit "off" and out of balance. It's hard to define. But you can't claim to be normal either. Neither of us are normal.

You can't deny that it's NOT normal for a guy to never give out his real name to his friends. I don't know any guy who does that. Does that mean maybe you are mentally ill? lol. If so, then at least I'm not mentally ill in the same way that you are.

Question for you: How come everyone else has no problem giving out their real name to me, except you? Is it because you're smarter than everyone? I doubt it. Or is it because you're more paranoid than everyone? Your paranoia is excessive, and makes you more American than anything else.

I've always had some kind of OCD since my teenage years. But that doesn't mean I'm mentally ill in the way you think. We are all crazy here from being victims of a highly toxic and inauthentic culture in the US.

How am I mentally ill? I do not say anything untrue or inaccurate. And I don't bullshit like you do sometimes (no offense, just calling it as I see it).

Yes I have a hot temper and I may overreact sometimes. And we may disagree. But that doesn't make me mentally ill.

Yes I deal with a lot of obstacles that you can't understand. But hey, you have faults too, that I don't have. You have faults too. But you aren't honest about them. At least I'm more honest and open than you are. That's for sure.

You can't claim to be brighter than me. We both know that in Chess, Chinese Chess or Scrabble, I'd easily steamroll you without effort. I'd bet a lot of money on it too. You know it's true. Those games are my forte. I'm not stupid obviously and I do have some good mental talents. And I'm very good when it comes to reason and logic.

When Steve Jobs went to India as a youth, he said he learned a lot about spirituality and intuition not just from the spiritual leaders but also from the simple illiterate folk. Sometimes I intentionally keep it simple. I"m not trying to impress people by talking the talk. If I wanted to do that, I'm smart enough and know how. But I don't wanna go there. I had to do it in some fields for practical reasons. But spirituality is another matter. And who said I believe in reincarnation? The honest answer about such specifics is I don't know. My belief in something positive is at the gut level and very general. I think debates between different faiths on details are the most retarded things. That's why I abhor religions. Because they get humanized and humans don't know. People constantly judge others instead of just focusing on the essence which to me is showing love. Faith and spirituality is something not to be intellectualized in my book. Just leave it at that.

If you wanna delve deeper into personal issues of an individual like myself, I suggest you try to do it privately. This is a public forum and I choose not to spill my guts out but rather remain quasi anonymous. Many others are like me on that so it's not so strange. I've shared more than many here already - both directly through my writings and indirectly by meeting up with posters here. I hope you will respect that. If not, it will push more distance between myself and your forum. I contribute in my own way, take it or leave it.


Fine. Maybe you are spiritual in your own way. But you aren't an intellectual on the subject because you can't even discuss it.

If you want to talk about this privately, ok then let's do that next time. But if we meet and I find out that you are not able to demonstrate any knowledge in spirituality, or in any of the subjects you claim to be interested in (martial arts, etc) do you mind if I call you on your bullshit? Is that ok? Is it a sin to you for someone to call you out on your faults?

Again, take Jackal for example. He says he's interested in Buddhism and meditation. And he proves it, because when I ask him questions about it, he DEMONSTRATES that he has knowledge and understanding in those subjects. So I believe him.

But you don't. How do you explain that? How can you be interested in something yet not know much about it?! Surely you are educated and capable of reading right? Then why do you feign ignorance? No one who truly loves knowledge would do that. Am I missing something? You aren't making sense here.

Also, how come me and Mr S can have deep conversations about metaphysics and spirituality? He has a LOT of knowledge in this area too. And he can hold deep intellectual conversations about it. But when I try to do that with you, you resist and draw a blank. How come?

A spiritual person does not act invulnerable like you do. A spiritual person acts humble and will admit their faults. But you have NEVER EVER said "I was wrong". NEVER. Why? Are you so insecure that you have to act tough and faultless? You never answer this question. Why can't you be real and human and admit your faults and weaknesses? Remember that real men admit their faults and when they are wrong. Only insecure people act like know it alls.


Winston, I'm not BSing. You are projecting as you often do.

1. I never claimed to be an intellectual or capable of discussing spiritual topics. For all I know, my IQ might be well under 100. So perhaps I'm without such capacity. I'm interested in many things yet may have no capability or interest to discuss them. There are certain songs I quite like for which I don't even know the words or remember the artists name for example. I just don't care. But so be it. I'll stay the way I am and enjoy my life if the only alternative is to become a schmuck loser victim like you lol.

2. If you find out...? Like I'm gonna even try to prove myself to someone like you. Who are you anyway?

3. Monkro only revealed himself to you and even let you meet him because I persuaded him over many months. Trust me, he had deep reservations. I think he now regrets it. He's been sending me messages about this very thread telling me that you've proven yourself beyond trust.

4. Like a lot of people, I've chosen to be fairly private about myself. If you don't like it and insist on keeping this personal discussion public, I will just vote with my feet. Your call.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Rock » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Winston wrote:Monkro and Momopi, for example, gave me their real names. So did Mr S and Ladislav. Yet they did NOT suffer any negative results from it. I NEVER posted their real name here on the forum. I never betrayed them or double crossed them. So why doesn't that earn trust in your book? I have no history of backstabbing people or breaking promises. You know that. So why would you not trust me? You don't make sense. Perhaps the problem is you?


Monkro told me you included his visible email address (which has his name on it) on some mass email even though he asked you in advance not to do that. And you did it more than once. He said you probably did it out of carelessness (not intentionally) but result is the same, damage suffered by him. He says you did not seem to care about his sincere request for privacy. Trust me, he doesn't really trust you lol. Dragonboy, who I met in Taiwan, wouldn't even meet you because he says you are a loose cannon. Just because certain guys on the forum feel comfortable giving you their personal details (first name which does not mean much or perhaps full names which means more) does not mean others do as well.

I still remember you posting what you believed to be Repat's real name. Why did you pull a stunt like that? A trustworthy person would not turn on him, a strong contributor to your personal franchise, in such a personal and petty way. That was below the belt.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:48 pm

Rock,
But the bottom line is that I've never betrayed or backstabbed anyone. All the people I've attacked online deserved it. As you know, I'm a very fair and just forum moderator, which you have applauded recently on this forum. That should tell you something.

I don't think Monkro regrets meeting me. He texts me a lot and says that I am a very good guy with a good heart. Every time he asked me to remove something, I've removed it. I don't remember posting his email address. I only posted his letters. He was afraid that someone might recognize his writing style, which is highly improbable and paranoid. I never did anything wrong to him.

Bottom line: I've never wronged anyone innocent and you know it. You can ask my other friends. They will tell you that they trust me more than they do anyone else. I don't understand why you don't either.

Just because I go after scammers doesn't mean that I'm not trustworthy or that one can't trust me. That makes no logical sense. Rock, seriously, sometimes you make leaps or connections that are NOT logical. So you are weird sometimes too. Like that time you connected having an approachable face being bullshit because scammers and gold diggers are approachable too, yet that does not make them not approachable. Your logic there was very very bad and made no sense. You know that? Sometimes you are not rational at all. Seriously.

Yes I know the full name of a lot of people here. But I never betray them. I'm too nice and kind. I value friendship highly and am loyal. Probably more than you do. I stick up for my friends and help them. But you seem to criticize your friends too much. I'm not sure you know what a real friend is. Do you? So how can you say that I am not trustworthy but you are? WTF?!

Did you ever consider that maybe you are wrong? You seem to be the type of guy who never admits when he's wrong. What does it take to get you to admit that you were wrong about anything? I didn't know such a mellow guy like you could be that stubborn. lol

I'm not a loose cannon. lol. Everything I do is usually deliberate and calculated. My thoughts are a lot more orderly than you can imagine. Seriously. I may be outspoken and aggressive, but it's all deliberate and calculated. Not like a loose cannon. Honestly.

Dragonboy is not a credible source. I've talked to him on the phone. He sounds like a braggart and BSer. The way he talks is fake. Not down to earth or genuine at all. But you seem to think that every guy you meet is for real for some reason. lol. He even said that in Dan Shui, a Taiwanese girl made eye contact with him and then started making out with him, just like that. Yeah right. What a crock of shit. Not a single person I showed that to believes him. A young female stranger in Taiwan is not gonna start making out with a male stranger on the street, no matter how good looking he is. Everyone knows that.

Even if you're not intellectual, you don't have to be intellectual to know a lot of stuff. You just have to be interested in it. For example, Christian fundamentalists who know a lot of Bible verses by memorization are not more intellectual than you. They are simply interested and passionate about their religion, so they spend lots of time reading the Bible. If you are interested in something, you will gain knowledge about it. You don't have to be intellectual.

If you studied NDE's, the you would know the famous authors in the field, such as Raymond Moody, Kenneth Ring, Melvin Morse, Jeffrey Long, etc. I think you downloaded Jeffrey Long's book on NDE's into your Kindle, at my suggestion, didn't you?

I don't know. Maybe your mind does not like to store data about something abstract, and only likes to store data about practical things? lol

But you did tell me that you studied martial arts to counter my claim that you knew nothing about it. So why can't you answer any questions about it? You don't have to be an intellectual. Anyone who has taken martial arts classes knows some stuff. So what's your excuse for not knowing anything about it? lol

Rock, come on now. Are you seriously claiming that you are 100 percent honest and that you never BS just to argue or counter a point? Please tell the truth.

One more question: What if my webpages about that guy who scammed my aunt results in him returning some of the money, and thus my plan succeeds? Then what? Will you admit that my strategy was successful?

I'm only doing what I think is right and following my conscience. Why should I go against my conscience just because you say so?

Remember this spiritual lesson: Do not judge others. Everyone is trying to do the best they can with what they know.

PS - Rock, you also know that I have a real conscience. Remember how I told you that one of my advertisers was paying me too much, and so I asked them to lower their monthly payment to me to something that I felt was more reasonable? How many guys do you know who would have done that? You applauded that remember? It shows that I have a strong conscience and am not greedy. You told me that you respected me for that remember? I told you that I never overcharge people because I don't like to be overcharged myself, thus my morals are consistent. You said that you respected that remember?

In contrast, most guys I know, even very frugal ones who don't like to spend much, will gladly charge high prices if they can get away with it. Not me though. To me that's hypocrisy. Since I'm frugal, I will expect others to be too and so will never overcharge or overprice anything that's in my control. But other guys don't think that way. I don't know why. You gave me credit for this before remember? So how can you claim that I'm not trustworthy?!
Last edited by Winston on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:29 pm

Update:

Well it turns out the guy works at Pinnacle Bank of Arizona in Scottsdale, according to his LinkedIn profile. So I went to their website and emailed them through it, asking them to forward a letter from me to the him, showing him the four links I put up about him, and asking him to contact me to resolve it.

I'm curious to see what his reaction will be. Aren't you? I'm sure Rock is itching with curiosity too. He is a highly curious fellow and thrives on controversy, even the worst kind. lol
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Rock » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Winston wrote:Rock,
But the bottom line is that I've never betrayed or backstabbed anyone. All the people I've attacked online deserved it. As you know, I'm a very fair and just forum moderator, which you have applauded recently on this forum. That should tell you something.

I don't think Monkro regrets meeting me. He texts me a lot and says that I am a very good guy with a good heart. Every time he asked me to remove something, I've removed it. I don't remember posting his email address. I only posted his letters. He was afraid that someone might recognize his writing style, which is highly improbable and paranoid. I never did anything wrong to him.

Bottom line: I've never wronged anyone innocent and you know it. You can ask my other friends. They will tell you that they trust me more than they do anyone else. I don't understand why you don't either.

Yes I know the full name of a lot of people here. But I never betray them. I'm too nice and kind. I value friendship highly and am loyal. Probably more than you do. I stick up for my friends and help them. But you seem to criticize your friends too much. I'm not sure you know what a real friend is. Do you? So how can you say that I am not trustworthy but you are? WTF?!


1. I have admitted to being wrong on this very forum before. Read comprehensively before using absolutes like NEVER.

2. We (Monkro and I) don't question your heart but rather the soundness of your mind. You may be quite smart in a lot of ways. But you have glaring blindspots in your judgement and common sense. That is why you are not trustworthy and I sometimes refer to you as a loose cannon. For example, you don't seem able to put 2 and 2 together sometimes. Did you ever think that if you include Monkro's visible email on a mass mailing, that his real name would show up? He explained that to you yet you were too lazy or complacent to respect his wishes. You violated the trust not only once but twice.

Remember when you thought you knew Repat's real name? What did you do? Reveal it here on this very forum. You violated the trust.

So how is it that you've never wronged anyone? Even I've wronged people in my life and I admit right here. Yet you claim that you haven't. Are you really so perfect. You also claim that you've never betrayed anyone's name publicly. So what about Monkro? What about Repat?

If your moves are all well thought out and planned, how do you explain your results? I mean you've spent almost all the last what 3 or 4 years in countries you don't even like. You talk incessantly about never having time to do what you need to do in order to leave. Then you flood the forum with posts about all kinds of random things which should be at the very bottom of your bucket list. Yet you give it your here and now, as if it's the most important thing you have to do.

If I don't wanna discuss certain interests with you or on this forum, that's my prerogative. Maybe it's because I don't have the ability or maybe it's just because I don't want to. Either way, it's my choice. I"m not a public person so I can do just as I please on such things. What's the point of criticizing my personal choices or abilities? I don't ever claim to be perfect or without mistakes.

But you, on the other hand, are the front man for this movement, and a paid one at that. So all eyes here are on you. You can do better, much better, if you would just stop blaming externals and act instead of thinking so much. It behooves you to just move your butt.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Rock,
When did you admit you were wrong? Can you show me?

I told you, Repat was an asshole and did some shitty things too. I felt he deserved it. I explained it in the post about him.

He was not a nice innocent guy. I do not give people what they don't deserve.

Weren't you overly harsh and mean to air king?

I just asked Monkro by text. He told me that he does not regret meeting me at all, and that he likes the person that I am. You are sometimes overly negative Rock.

I am open about private things, so I assume that others are too.

But again, I do not backstab or betray people.

When have I failed to put 2 and 2 together? At least I don't make horrid logic errors like you did, when you said in that bizarre thread "Approachable faces BS" that being approachable and being a scammer/gold digger can't be both true. Wtf were you smoking rock? Being a user/taker and being approachable are NOT mutually exclusive. EVERYONE knows that. So why did you make such an absurd statement that's not even true? So weird!

So you see, you sometimes do not add 2 and 2 either and you make bizarre statements that make no sense at all. You got a lot of flaws too bud.

At least I don't claim to study something and then have zero knowledge of it, like you did with martial arts. lol. I never BS like that. I have that over you.

Maybe you just are terrible at seeing the big picture? I don't know. But I'll bet you that your logic is so horrible that I can beat you 10 out of 10 games in chess easily. Do you doubt that? I'm sure I can win because you aren't good at abstract thought and your logic is sometimes clumsy. Such traits would make you horrible in chess.

I'll bet you $200 that you can't even win 1 out of 10 games in chess with me. You wanna take the bet? You only have to win one game. lol

I told you, I have bad time management skills, and deal with Murphy's Law, Charlie Brown luck, and an invisible wall. Too much stuff in my way.

When I said my moves were calculated, I meant the web pages and posts I put up. You can tell in my posts that my words are deliberate and calculated. They are not made on impulse or instinct or randomly.

If I put Monkro's email on a mass email, then that was many years ago. And only happened once.

Sure I make mistakes that might have caused damage. But I never deliberately backstab people or deliberately wrong innocent people. That's what I mean. When have I deliberately wronged someone innocent?

I'm probably the only guy you know who won't backstab you. Most people will, especially Americans.

Ask WorldTraveler. He says that I'm one of two guys in the world that he trusts.

Finally Rock, why did you tell me that you studied martial arts when you didn't? You obviously didn't. So why did you say that you did, just to counter my claim that you aren't qualified to talk about fighting or martial arts? See what I mean? You are not 100 percent honest. Sometimes you will make up stuff just to counter a claim. You should be honest and admit that. You did not study any martial arts. If you did, you would not have zero knowledge of it. Come on now. I'm not stupid.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Rock » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:38 am

Winston wrote:Rock,
When did you admit you were wrong? Can you show me?

I told you, Repat was an asshole and did some shitty things too. I felt he deserved it. I explained it in the post about him.

He was not a nice innocent guy. I do not give people what they don't deserve.

Weren't you overly harsh and mean to air king?

I just asked Monkro by text. He told me that he does not regret meeting me at all, and that he likes the person that I am. You are sometimes overly negative Rock.

I am open about private things, so I assume that others are too.

But again, I do not backstab or betray people.

When have I failed to put 2 and 2 together? At least I don't make horrid logic errors like you did, when you said in that bizarre thread "Approachable faces BS" that being approachable and being a scammer/gold digger can't be both true. Wtf were you smoking rock? Being a user/taker and being approachable are NOT mutually exclusive. EVERYONE knows that. So why did you make such an absurd statement that's not even true? So weird!

So you see, you sometimes do not add 2 and 2 either and you make bizarre statements that make no sense at all. You got a lot of flaws too bud.

At least I don't claim to study something and then have zero knowledge of it, like you did with martial arts. lol. I never BS like that. I have that over you.

Maybe you just are terrible at seeing the big picture? I don't know. But I'll bet you that your logic is so horrible that I can beat you 10 out of 10 games in chess easily. Do you doubt that? I'm sure I can win because you aren't good at abstract thought and your logic is sometimes clumsy. Such traits would make you horrible in chess.

I'll bet you $200 that you can't even win 1 out of 10 games in chess with me. You wanna take the bet? You only have to win one game. lol

I told you, I have bad time management skills, and deal with Murphy's Law, Charlie Brown luck, and an invisible wall. Too much stuff in my way.

When I said my moves were calculated, I meant the web pages and posts I put up. You can tell in my posts that my words are deliberate and calculated. They are not made on impulse or instinct or randomly.

If I put Monkro's email on a mass email, then that was many years ago. And only happened once.

Sure I make mistakes that might have caused damage. But I never deliberately backstab people or deliberately wrong innocent people. That's what I mean. When have I deliberately wronged someone innocent?

I'm probably the only guy you know who won't backstab you. Most people will, especially Americans.

Ask WorldTraveler. He says that I'm one of two guys in the world that he trusts.

Finally Rock, why did you tell me that you studied martial arts when you didn't? You obviously didn't. So why did you say that you did, just to counter my claim that you aren't qualified to talk about fighting or martial arts? See what I mean? You are not 100 percent honest. Sometimes you will make up stuff just to counter a claim. You should be honest and admit that. You did not study any martial arts. If you did, you would not have zero knowledge of it. Come on now. I'm not stupid.


I'll respond to this in hopes that perhaps some of it just might sink in with you. That you will think about it and perhaps gain some new understanding.


When did you admit you were wrong? Can you show me?

For example, last time we had one of these types of ongoing forum arguments when you made that same claim about me never admitting wrong, I responded directly by telling you things that I had been wrong on. That was within the last 12 months I believe. Do I have to search it or can you find it?

I told you, Repat was an asshole and did some shitty things too. I felt he deserved it. I explained it in the post about him.

He was not a nice innocent guy. I do not give people what they don't deserve.

Weren't you overly harsh and mean to air king?


Interesting you bring up both Repat and airking. Here’s a critical contrast between my behavior and yours Winston. I know exactly who airking is. And you say I was overly harsh on him. Yet I never revealed his identity the way you tried to do with Repat. And Repat never tried to take financial advantage of forum members the way airking did. You just arbitrarily decided that Repat deserved to have his identity revealed because you felt he was being too much of an asshole. That’s an example of you not being trustworthy.

I just asked Monkro by text. He told me that he does not regret meeting me at all, and that he likes the person that I am. You are sometimes overly negative Rock.

Direct quote from Monkro: “I like Winston and I’m glad to know him, but I wish he would take privacy seriouslyâ€￾. You clearly don’t Winton.

I am open about private things, so I assume that others are too.


That’s just plain stupid and selfish. You should know better than that! Can't you see the big picture instead of only looking at the world from your own perspective? Are you not able to empathize, put yourself in other people's shoes. Monkro told you directly point blank on in several emails and phone conversations that he takes his privacy seriously. So why didn't you respect that?

But again, I do not backstab or betray people.

What about the guy who used to employ you? What about the Indian dude. What about Steve from Vegas? You can argue they deserved it, or at least that’s what you believe. Yet fact remains that you fostered or engaged in massive public attacks on them. I’m pretty sure they felt betrayed and even backstabbed.

When have I failed to put 2 and 2 together? At least I don't make horrid logic errors like you did, when you said in that bizarre thread "Approachable faces BS" that being approachable and being a scammer/gold digger can't be both true. Wtf were you smoking rock? Being a user/taker and being approachable are NOT mutually exclusive. EVERYONE knows that. So why did you make such an absurd statement that's not even true? So weird!

So you see, you sometimes do not add 2 and 2 either and you make bizarre statements that make no sense at all. You got a lot of flaws too bud.


Looks like you are assuming again and forcing me onto into the defensive position. When you read, try to stop projecting your bias and instead focus just on what the author is expressing.

Here’s exactly what I said,

“Just browsing through Winston's "The Hall of Villains" page. A lot of these people look very approachable and friendly in these photos. Yet they are mostly low-life scum if his descriptions are accurate.

http://www.happierabroad.com/Hall_of_Villains.htm

Some of the favorite people I've met in my life started out as very cold looking and very unapproachable.

And I think it's nonsense trying to judge a person's character through some still photos. So Winston, don't send me photos of people and ask me what I think. Photos can be very deceiving.â€￾

What was bizarre about the post? How did I not add 2 and 2?

Read it carefully again Winston. The point was that I think approachable faces have been over-rated by you and others here because:

1. There is likely not much if any correlation between how approachable a person looks and his or her inner qualities, and

2. Some of the favorite people in my life did not appear at all approachable before I got to know them.

That’s why I don’t obsess over approachability and smiles the way you do. I’m actually leery of people who are overly nice or friendly from the first second I see or meet them. Result is, I don’t get scammed and taken advantage of the way you often seem to. I tend to date and befriend genuine people, not phonies.

Perhaps you should listen to and reflect on this old tune fittingly sung by “The Undisputed Truthâ€￾. Maybe you would learn a thing or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... CJZcVi5BA4

Smiling faces sometimes pretend to be your friend
Smiling faces show no traces of the evil that lurks within
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth uh
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof

The truth is in the eyes
Cause the eyes don't lie, amen
Remember a smile is just
A frown turned upside down
My friend let me tell you
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth, uh
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
Beware, beware of the handshake
That hides the snake
I'm telling you beware
Beware of the pat on the back
It just might hold you back
Jealousy (jealousy)
Misery (misery)
Envy

I tell you, you can't see behind smiling faces
Smiling faces sometimes they don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof

Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
(Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes)
(Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes)
I'm telling you beware, beware of the handshake
That hides the snake
Listen to me now, beware
Beware of that pat on the back
It just might hold you back
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof

Your enemy won't do you no harm
Cause you'll know where he's coming from
Don't let the handshake and the smile fool ya
Take my advice I'm only try' to school ya


At least I don't claim to study something and then have zero knowledge of it, like you did with martial arts. lol. I never BS like that. I have that over you.

See my response to this at the bottom.

Maybe you just are terrible at seeing the big picture? I don't know. But I'll bet you that your logic is so horrible that I can beat you 10 out of 10 games in chess easily. Do you doubt that? I'm sure I can win because you aren't good at abstract thought and your logic is sometimes clumsy. Such traits would make you horrible in chess.

I'll bet you $200 that you can't even win 1 out of 10 games in chess with me. You wanna take the bet? You only have to win one game. Lol


I’ve never played chess in my life. What kind of silly challenge is that? What does it prove? Bobby Fischer was pretty good too. Yet even in youth, he was so weird and mentally off that he would play chess with himself during the rare dates he had. Later in life (perhaps as early as your current age even) he lost most of his marbles. Have you lost yours as well?

I told you, I have bad time management skills, and deal with Murphy's Law, Charlie Brown luck, and an invisible wall. Too much stuff in my way.


That’s a bunch of lame excuses and symptom of your mental illness. All you have to do is put all that garbage to the side, buy a ticket, and go.

When I said my moves were calculated, I meant the web pages and posts I put up. You can tell in my posts that my words are deliberate and calculated. They are not made on impulse or instinct or randomly.

If I put Monkro's email on a mass email, then that was many years ago. And only happened once.


Twice! Get your facts straight. It happened last like 2 years ago. He told me you didn't seem to give a damn too.

Sure I make mistakes that might have caused damage. But I never deliberately backstab people or deliberately wrong innocent people. That's what I mean. When have I deliberately wronged someone innocent?


See what I wrote about that above.

I'm probably the only guy you know who won't backstab you. Most people will, especially Americans.


With most other people I’ve let into my life, Americans included, I don’t have to worry. They’ve proven themselves totally trustworthy over months and years. That includes certain people from this forum too.

Ask WorldTraveler. He says that I'm one of two guys in the world that he trusts.

I don’t know him. Why should I ask some stranger? I can judge from my own experience and observations.

Finally Rock, why did you tell me that you studied martial arts when you didn't? You obviously didn't. So why did you say that you did, just to counter my claim that you aren't qualified to talk about fighting or martial arts? See what I mean? You are not 100 percent honest. Sometimes you will make up stuff just to counter a claim. You should be honest and admit that. You did not study any martial arts. If you did, you would not have zero knowledge of it. Come on now. I'm not stupid.


This is another example of why you are untrustworthy Winston. Your judgements can be inaccurate and unfair. Moreover, you like to spin A into B.

I told you in good faith that I trained in Taekwondo for over a year at my university (regularly 2-3 times a week) and only stopped when my instructor transferred to another state. I almost made it to blue belt and even learned how to count and say a few things in Korean from that training. Now you somehow spin that into me lying, not being honest. You make me out to be a liar, a con, as a result of me sharing something personal to you. That’s why you are not trustworthy Winston. You have mental problems. And you behave very stupidly sometimes.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Rock » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:53 am

Winston wrote:
Dragonboy is not a credible source. I've talked to him on the phone. He sounds like a braggart and BSer. The way he talks is fake. Not down to earth or genuine at all. But you seem to think that every guy you meet is for real for some reason. lol. He even said that in Dan Shui, a Taiwanese girl made eye contact with him and then started making out with him, just like that. Yeah right. What a crock of shit. Not a single person I showed that to believes him. A young female stranger in Taiwan is not gonna start making out with a male stranger on the street, no matter how good looking he is. Everyone knows that.


How would you know? Did you ever meet him? You have no idea who he is. But I do. I've hung out with him in Phils, Thailand, and Taiwan. I know some of his friends and have even met others independently here in Phils (foreign business people) who have known him for over 8 years.

I've never caught him lying, not even once. He's very credible. His businesses are very successful and I have first hand proof of this. When he was younger, he looked like a model. And he has a personal magnetism which seems to work well on some European and Taiwanese girls. I've seen proof of this too. Even a girl I've known for awhile felt attraction towards him. And I've witnessed him pick-up an a tall and cute girl in Taichung at a party who was like 15 years his junior (under 30) and get sex with her the same night and several times subsequent. Imagine what he was like in his younger days.

He's very calm and in touch with spiritual side. And he even has online groupies. He's not at all a braggart. Most of what I learned about him came from independent sources.

You like to project your own situation on others. That's not fair. There are even guys who can do well in USA. Just because we can't doesn't mean they can't. So why not reserve judgements until you have some real basis. In case of Dragonboy, you don't. Everything you say about him is based on your own subjective bias. You don't know the guy at all. So why talk crap about him? It makes you a lot harder to trust.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:54 am

Rock wrote:I told you, Repat was an asshole and did some shitty things too. I felt he deserved it. I explained it in the post about him.

He was not a nice innocent guy. I do not give people what they don't deserve.

Weren't you overly harsh and mean to air king?


Interesting you bring up both Repat and airking. Here’s a critical contrast between my behavior and yours Winston. I know exactly who airking is. And you say I was overly harsh on him. Yet I never revealed his identity the way you tried to do with Repat. And Repat never tried to take financial advantage of forum members the way airking did. You just arbitrarily decided that Repat deserved to have his identity revealed because you felt he was being too much of an asshole. That’s an example of you not being trustworthy.


Geez Rock, you sure act like a spin doctor. You spin the facts like a slick politician or con man. But I can easily see through them and set the record straight. Do you work for the powers that be or something? Why do you spin truth like that?

I don't know what Repat's identity is. I just guessed. He was an asshole and deserved it. I give what I get, like a mirror. I have a temper too, and Repat crossed the line at that time.

At least air king was not an asshole. Air king is not a con artist. He is just a guy who likes to charge high prices.

You're the only one who thinks I'm untrustworthy. That word has never been used with my name before. Ask WorldTraveler. Yes you've met him before in AC.

I would say that I'm far more trustworthy than you Rock because:

- I'm a far more loyal friend who does not backstab people like you do. You don't seem to know the meaning of the word friendship and loyalty. You spin things to demean your own friends. You act more like an enemy sometimes, than a true friend.
- I never BS. I've caught you BSing several times, like when you said you studied martial arts, yet you don't know shit about it. Every time you're caught you spin the truth like a con-man. Wtf man? Thus I'm far more honest and real than you are.
- I reveal my real name. I do not hide my name like you do. If you don't trust others, why should they trust you? Think about it dude.

So in a lot of ways, I'm more credible than you. You may respect privacy more than I do. But I got the above three over you.

I just asked Monkro by text. He told me that he does not regret meeting me at all, and that he likes the person that I am. You are sometimes overly negative Rock.

Direct quote from Monkro: “I like Winston and I’m glad to know him, but I wish he would take privacy seriouslyâ€￾. You clearly don’t Winton.


Yeah but you shouldn't have said that he regrets meeting me. That's not true and it was uncalled for. You ought to apologize for that or admit that you are wrong. But you never do that cause your ego is so massive. lol. At least I admit when I'm wrong. Thus I'm more genuine and trustworthy than you.

But again, I do not backstab or betray people.

What about the guy who used to employ you? What about the Indian dude. What about Steve from Vegas? You can argue they deserved it, or at least that’s what you believe. Yet fact remains that you fostered or engaged in massive public attacks on them. I’m pretty sure they felt betrayed and even backstabbed.


How did I backstab the guy who employed me? See, you're making up random stuff again. Why do you do that? One time you argued with me for one hour just because I said that I read an article that said that 50 percent of people report results from acupuncture. That was stupid and insane. You appeared mentally ill, arguing about something trivial and accusing me of lying without basis. Admit it.

That guy you are referring to backstabbed me and began attacking me online. He was not some innocent guy that I started attacking. You know the story. Why are you trying lie dude? Are you mentally ill or are you a con man and sociopath? How come some dude from WorldSexGuide came on here one time saying that you were a sociopath? If you are totally honest and sane, then how did that happen?

What Indian dude did I backstab? I don't know who you're talking about.

When did I backstab Steve R? All I did was post a thread where I claimed that he was wrong that a guy could not enjoy being alone in nature. Steve R overreacted at that and that's how the fight started. He can't tolerate criticism. Just because I think a guy is wrong doesn't mean I backstabbed him. Disagreements are not backstabbing.

Again, your logic is warped.

When have I failed to put 2 and 2 together? At least I don't make horrid logic errors like you did, when you said in that bizarre thread "Approachable faces BS" that being approachable and being a scammer/gold digger can't be both true. Wtf were you smoking rock? Being a user/taker and being approachable are NOT mutually exclusive. EVERYONE knows that. So why did you make such an absurd statement that's not even true? So weird!

So you see, you sometimes do not add 2 and 2 either and you make bizarre statements that make no sense at all. You got a lot of flaws too bud.


Looks like you are assuming again and forcing me onto into the defensive position. When you read, try to stop projecting your bias and instead focus just on what the author is expressing.

Here’s exactly what I said,

“Just browsing through Winston's "The Hall of Villains" page. A lot of these people look very approachable and friendly in these photos. Yet they are mostly low-life scum if his descriptions are accurate.

http://www.happierabroad.com/Hall_of_Villains.htm

Some of the favorite people I've met in my life started out as very cold looking and very unapproachable.

And I think it's nonsense trying to judge a person's character through some still photos. So Winston, don't send me photos of people and ask me what I think. Photos can be very deceiving.â€￾

What was bizarre about the post? How did I not add 2 and 2?

Read it carefully again Winston. The point was that I think approachable faces have been over-rated by you and others here because:

1. There is likely not much if any correlation between how approachable a person looks and his or her inner qualities, and

2. Some of the favorite people in my life did not appear at all approachable before I got to know them.

That’s why I don’t obsess over approachability and smiles the way you do. I’m actually leery of people who are overly nice or friendly from the first second I see or meet them. Result is, I don’t get scammed and taken advantage of the way you often seem to. I tend to date and befriend genuine people, not phonies.


But don't you see, that's a total straw man. I NEVER said that approachability meant honesty or goodness or good inner qualities. Where did you get that? Wtf?

How is my claim of approachable faces BS? None of the girls in my approachable faces gallery were scammers.

You focus on the bad apples too much. You act like an enemy who tries to find little exceptions to use against me. What kind of a friend acts like an enemy? And you call yourself trustworthy? LOL. OMG! Wtf? :::::: laughing and shaking head :::::::

You apply the word BS too liberally sometimes. Nothing I said was BS.

I told you before, that a person's personality shows on their looks. First impressions are accurate. The eyes are the window to the soul. Even Dateline NBC said that first impressions are 60 percent accurate. Steve Neese told you that too, in that thread.

Just because you totally suck at reading people, doesn't mean everyone does. You are committing a fallacy of assuming that because you suck, everyone else does too. Many people are good at reading others. Mr S is awesome at it. He can detect a BSer who's full of it. You've never once identified a BSer.

You just suck when it comes to BS detection. That's the truth. I've never seen you detect BS in anyone.

Perhaps you should listen to and reflect on this old tune fittingly sung by “The Undisputed Truthâ€￾. Maybe you would learn a thing or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... CJZcVi5BA4

Smiling faces sometimes pretend to be your friend
Smiling faces show no traces of the evil that lurks within
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth uh
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof

The truth is in the eyes
Cause the eyes don't lie, amen
Remember a smile is just
A frown turned upside down
My friend let me tell you
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth, uh
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
Beware, beware of the handshake
That hides the snake
I'm telling you beware
Beware of the pat on the back
It just might hold you back
Jealousy (jealousy)
Misery (misery)
Envy

I tell you, you can't see behind smiling faces
Smiling faces sometimes they don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof

Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof
(Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes)
(Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes)
I'm telling you beware, beware of the handshake
That hides the snake
Listen to me now, beware
Beware of that pat on the back
It just might hold you back
Smiling faces, smiling faces sometimes
They don't tell the truth
Smiling faces, smiling faces
Tell lies and I got proof

Your enemy won't do you no harm
Cause you'll know where he's coming from
Don't let the handshake and the smile fool ya
Take my advice I'm only try' to school ya


Sure some people can be deceptive. No one denies that. But that doesn't justify your extreme paranoia. It's not healthy to be too paranoid. What you think about expands, as Wayne Dyer said. Do you know who he is? If you are always scared, you will attract what you fear.

But most people are easy to read and you can tell their intentions.

I've looked at photos of girls I've never met and made accurate assessments of them before. For example, an animal lover has a certain look that I can detect easily.


Maybe you just are terrible at seeing the big picture? I don't know. But I'll bet you that your logic is so horrible that I can beat you 10 out of 10 games in chess easily. Do you doubt that? I'm sure I can win because you aren't good at abstract thought and your logic is sometimes clumsy. Such traits would make you horrible in chess.

I'll bet you $200 that you can't even win 1 out of 10 games in chess with me. You wanna take the bet? You only have to win one game. Lol


I’ve never played chess in my life. What kind of silly challenge is that? What does it prove? Bobby Fischer was pretty good too. Yet even in youth, he was so weird and mentally off that he would play chess with himself during the rare dates he had. Later in life (perhaps as early as your current age even) he lost most of his marbles. Have you lost yours as well?


Well even if you did play chess a lot, you would not be good at it. You make too many errors, are clumsy with facts and logic, and your logic is often warped and bizarre. When it comes to logic, you seem to have an impairment or "mental block". I can sense it.

Why do you think Fischer lost his marbles? Just because people don't understand him doesn't mean he's crazy. Maybe he became enlightened and saw things that you could never dream of. Did you consider that? The dude was far smarter than you or I.

Ever hear the quote: There's a fine line between genius and madness.

I told you, I have bad time management skills, and deal with Murphy's Law, Charlie Brown luck, and an invisible wall. Too much stuff in my way.

That’s a bunch of lame excuses and symptom of your mental illness. All you have to do is put all that garbage to the side, buy a ticket, and go.


I wish it were that easy. But our minds can work against us like demons. Didn't you know that? Maybe you are too simple so you don't understand. But the Murphy's Law thing is real. You've seen it and I'm sure you've experienced it too. Everyone does. It manifests in little things everyday.

Also, you starting these trifling debates and wasting my time is not helping either. It just wastes more of my time. It'd be better if you were honest and just admitted when you were wrong and when you have BSed before. Instead, you try to cover your BSes by spinning things, which further wastes time here.

Do you actually claim that you are 100 percent honest? lol

When I said my moves were calculated, I meant the web pages and posts I put up. You can tell in my posts that my words are deliberate and calculated. They are not made on impulse or instinct or randomly.

If I put Monkro's email on a mass email, then that was many years ago. And only happened once.


Twice! Get your facts straight. It happened last like 2 years ago. He told me you didn't seem to give a damn too.


I don't think so. It was more than 2 years ago. I stopped putting people's emails on my mass emails long ago. His letter to me was farther back than 2 years ago. If I sent it out it would have been way back then. Way before 2 years ago. 2 years ago I forgotten about his letter. More likely it was like 2007 or something.


Sure I make mistakes that might have caused damage. But I never deliberately backstab people or deliberately wrong innocent people. That's what I mean. When have I deliberately wronged someone innocent?


See what I wrote about that above.


Those aren't examples of backstabbing though. You are just SPINNING whatever you can against me, like an enemy and backstabber. If there's a backstabber here, it's YOU. It's hypocritical of you to do that.

Yet you think you're more trustworthy and loyal? What a load of crock!

Weren't you taught that "honesty is the best policy" when you were a kid?


I'm probably the only guy you know who won't backstab you. Most people will, especially Americans.


With most other people I’ve let into my life, Americans included, I don’t have to worry. They’ve proven themselves totally trustworthy over months and years. That includes certain people from this forum too.


You can't say that most people you've met are trustworthy. No way. Most people are flakes and BSers. Very few are honest. Remember the Billy Joel song "Honesty is such a lonely word. Everyone is so untrue..."

I've proven myself trustworthy too. When have I backstabbed you? I haven't. So stop lying and bullshitting dude.

No one considers me untrustworthy except you. That should tell you something.

You're the only guy who hides his real name. Did you think maybe the problem is you?

Ask WorldTraveler. He says that I'm one of two guys in the world that he trusts.

I don’t know him. Why should I ask some stranger? I can judge from my own experience and observations.


You've met him before in AC. We both sat down with him. He is very down to earth, like me. PM him for his name.


Finally Rock, why did you tell me that you studied martial arts when you didn't? You obviously didn't. So why did you say that you did, just to counter my claim that you aren't qualified to talk about fighting or martial arts? See what I mean? You are not 100 percent honest. Sometimes you will make up stuff just to counter a claim. You should be honest and admit that. You did not study any martial arts. If you did, you would not have zero knowledge of it. Come on now. I'm not stupid.


This is another example of why you are untrustworthy Winston. Your judgements can be inaccurate and unfair. Moreover, you like to spin A into B.


You are the one that spins dude, and tries to cover up when he's caught BSing. I never do that. I never BS. So you have no right to talk about that.

I told you in good faith that I trained in Taekwondo for over a year at my university (regularly 2-3 times a week) and only stopped when my instructor transferred to another state. I almost made it to blue belt and even learned how to count and say a few things in Korean from that training. Now you somehow spin that into me lying, not being honest. You make me out to be a liar, a con, as a result of me sharing something personal to you. That’s why you are not trustworthy Winston. You have mental problems. And you behave very stupidly sometimes.


Why are you shifting the blame to me? You are the one that BSed. Ok let's work with this. You practiced Tae Kwon Do for one year. Why then can you not demonstrate any basic techniques? Why do you not even know the basics of Tae Kwon Do? Anyone who has practiced it can demonstrate certain things. Why are you unable to demonstrate anything?

Even though I'm fat, I can demonstrate a lot of stuff in Tae Kwon Do and Karate, both in practice and concept. I have a lot of knowledge in martial arts too. So I know this field and can tell if you are BSing again. You can't fool me Rock. I can tell the difference between a real person and a BSer.

I can easily give you a BASIC QUIZ to tell if you are BSing or not about taking martial arts or Tae Kwon Do. Can you not run away from it or make excuses? lol

Why can't you demonstrate basic movies or basic knowledge? Wtf man? I'd like to see you get out of this one. ::::::: arms folded ::::::::

Can you demonstrate a basic tae kwon do punch? A basic tae kwon do frontal kick or roundhouse kick? Can you tell me the difference between a tae kwon do punch and a karate punch? Or a frontal kick? There's a difference. Someone who's trained in both will know.

If you really studied Tae Kwon Do for one year, then you should know a lot. You have NO EXCUSE. NONE at all. No one who practices Tae Kwon Do would have zero knowledge of it like you do. NO ONE. There's no escape from this Rock. You can't get out of this one. Why not just be honest and come clean? Do you have a mental block when it comes to honesty?

Just because I catch you lying or BSing doesn't mean I'm stupid or have mental problems. Isn't it odd that you make up stuff sometimes just to argue? It's obvious you know nothing about what you claim. Why is that?

How come everyone else can demonstrate what they claim? Monkro said he studied nutrition a lot. He can demonstrate it by talking a lot about it. Jackal demonstrates knowledge of Buddhism and meditation. Mr S knows a lot about conspiracies and metaphysics and spirituality and can demonstrate it. We have deep discussions about it. How come you can't demonstrate anything?!

You're the only one who claims to know something yet can't demonstrate that he knows anything about it. Put 2 and 2 together. What do you get? lol. You can't escape the facts dude. If I'm wrong, prove it. You said that air king BSed when he said that he knew Tagalog and could not demonstrate it. Well aren't you doing the same thing as him???

But of course, you are 100 percent honest and flawless and you never BS right? Simply because you're Rock and you're "the man" and you are never wrong right? LOL :::::: bowing down to worship you ::::::: LOL

Anyway, no more excuses dude. If you know some Tae Kwon Do, then demonstrate something. Stop making excuses. Excuses don't demonstrate anything. Just show me. That's all I ask. It's not too much to ask. I'm just asking you to be real here. That's all.
Last edited by Winston on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Scam Alerts and Ripoffs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest