WARNING Gramercy Condo in Philippines...DON'T RENT IT NOW

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

WARNING Gramercy Condo in Philippines...DON'T RENT IT NOW

Post by starchild5 »

Gramercy Condo in Makati, Manila is the tallest, newest and with most amenities condo in Philippines right now. However, it has dry walls and shady construction and with many buyers being very unhappy with their condo.

You can read their grievances and experiences here

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1591734

When Rock was here...He experienced a Brown Out and some faulty maintenance issues in few hours of stay.

Due to internet, I had to live here but had planned to move out by next month.

However, today out of nowhere, The Century Property Management released a Notice that that Only Leasers Endorsed from Century Management are allowed to stay ....stating some BS clause and that no Condo owner is suppose to lease out their condo for short term rent etc

If you have booked short term rental through AirBnb, Sulit or out side brokers or directly with a condo owner...It stands void and the security will not let you in ...WTffffff

I saw many Foreigners and FIM-AMs outside arguing with the staff....They have already paid money to the condo owners etc and now they are not letting them in...

No Warning Nothing...In Mafia Style..They put up a Notice in the morning and we are suppose to go out now...and these freaking brokers and condo owners are silent and haven't heard from them and as I have said...I already paid my rent and deposit and have nothing to move out to a new place until my next paycheck...I'm basically Stranded Inside the condo and using the Mall Entrance to escape :)..... If I try to come from front door they are asking endorsement letter.

I'm soo sick of moving from one BS to another even after paying high money....I just thought finally things are settling down and now this...WTF

Century Property is basically a Mafia...DO NOT BUY THEIR BS other upcoming condos like Trump Tower, Versace Milano and Azure Residences by Paris Hilton BS

Everything is one giant heap of crap...No laws, No Police, No government to protect you...They just do what they like...

If you are planning to come here and rent...The best Reviews on short term rentals are for Gramercy in TripAdvisor & airbnb for Manila..DO NOT BOOK IT..You Won't be allowed inside. DO NOT TRUST THE REVIEWS
I will let you know of the further progress in this.

They are BS'ing you with Tallest Building In the Philippines crap while changing laws as they fit profitable for them.

Basically...Its third world cheap a** greed....few brokers and condo owners were starting to make good money on their investment with short term rental and it seems Century Property got wind of it and now wants a part of that money so creating ways so that all short term renters will go through them...Aholes

WARNING...It will be like that in other condos too...If you buy their sh**t, you won't be able to rent out...without their approval aka FEES which will eat your profit margins.

Since, I came here...I'm not able to freaking settle down even paying and renting at the top most condo in entire Philippines ....One day after another some BS comes up to screw my life....I'm feeling suffocated here....Murphy Law is making its final move...I'm tensed....I can't even bring the girls now to my condo.

Please ...I promise to get out of Manila in 15 days if possible or for sure next month...Its two months since I came here and I'm still stuck...

If Murphy Law Wants the Final Battle...I'm ready ..Come and get me ...:oops: :oops: :roll:
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Most people I've talked to worth their salt in the Mega Manila property market have warned me to avoid Century like the plague as far as buying is concerned. The owners at Bel Aire Soho, another Century property built a few years ago, basically had to go to court to get remove Century control from the owners association. Now that they won, the building is better managed, fees are lower, and owners have some real control over things. Century skims on everything when they are part of the association. BUT, I do like their new mall around here. It's really wonderful to have a classy boutique style shopping venue with lots of great restaurants, a cinema, Starbucks, Rustans Supermarket, and great views from the top.

Starchild5, I"m leaving for States later tonight. But I'm back in early August. If you decide to stay in Manila area, I will help get you sorted out with decent condo at good price and location with fast Internet. I'm actually very happy where I am. I've faced none of the problems you are dealing with.

The Airbnb and Travelmob stuff is risky. Cus a lot of condos have a 1 month min stay rule which is enforced sporadically. The 2 exceptions in this area I can think of are Makati Palace and Bel Aire Soho. With those condos, daily rentals are permitted.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Rock wrote:Most people I've talked to worth their salt in the Mega Manila property market have warned me to avoid Century like the plague as far as buying is concerned. The owners at Bel Aire Soho, another Century property built a few years ago, basically had to go to court to get remove Century control from the owners association. Now that they won, the building is better managed, fees are lower, and owners have some real control over things. Century skims on everything when they are part of the association. BUT, I do like their new mall around here. It's really wonderful to have a classy boutique style shopping venue with lots of great restaurants, a cinema, Starbucks, Rustans Supermarket, and great views from the top.

Starchild5, I"m leaving for States later tonight. But I'm back in early August. If you decide to stay in Manila area, I will help get you sorted out with decent condo at good price and location with fast Internet. I'm actually very happy where I am. I've faced none of the problems you are dealing with.

The Airbnb and Travelmob stuff is risky. Cus a lot of condos have a 1 month min stay rule which is enforced sporadically. The 2 exceptions in this area I can think of are Makati Palace and Bel Aire Soho. With those condos, daily rentals are permitted.
Sure...Rock..I be in touch...If I'm planning to stay in Manila or Philippines by next month..I will send you a text....I'm still on the fence with the whole situation...I'm planning to rent a cheap condo in Quezon while I stay in Makati and the move into the new place..when I get internet and other stuff on...
Mark Lee
Freshman Poster

Condominium

Post by Mark Lee »

Sorry for reviving this post up. I can feel you with your sentiments. I do have a friend that works for them and I didn't know that they have this kind of policies. If you still want to stay in Manila, how about trying Megaworld. It is deeply saddening that they are implementing this kind of BS policies, that will hurt the investors and their reputation as a company. Anyway, if you are still looking for a better place. I can share this resource page to you about north park residences http://www.northpark-residencessg.com/ I heard a lot of interesting stories about this development. Again, I do apologize for reviving this issue up, I just wanted to help and share some info that may help you and other dwellers or investors planning to purchase a condo unit.
PYT
Freshman Poster

Re: WARNING Gramercy Condo in Philippines...DON'T RENT IT NO

Post by PYT »

As i went to Gramercy, i thought its ok, but since you i saw your post i should be careful now in choosing where ahould i stay. Actually i check the site of www.zonelisting.com.ph and they offer such a wonderful condo. :D :D :D
papajoe
Freshman Poster

Post by papajoe »

how could a company be so stupid? Darwin's law clearly does not apply in the Philippines
papajoe
Freshman Poster

Post by papajoe »

how could a company be so stupid? Darwin's law clearly does not apply in the Philippines