Warning: China/HK Ebay sellers LYING re: location and shipping

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
Winston
Site Admin

Warning: China/HK Ebay sellers LYING re: location and shipping

Post by Winston »

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with ebay sellers from hong kong these days? Their communication skills are terrible and they refuse to explain stuff and are very secretive and evasive when i ask them questions. See below.

[10/8, 4:47 AM] Winston Wu: Ebay sellers not delivering on their promises and carrefour taking two weeks to ship my phone from their distribution center. Makes no f***ing sense.
[10/8, 4:47 AM] Winston Wu: Murphys law used you.
[10/8, 4:47 AM] Winston Wu: My year is already f***ed anyway. I give up.
[10/8, 4:47 AM] Winston Wu: Im tired of fighting against the flow.
[10/8, 4:49 AM] Winston Wu: Laptop battery and power adaptor broke. Domestic shipping in taiwan cant take more than a week. f***ing ridiculous. You should call them and ask why.
[10/8, 4:51 AM] Winston Wu: Shipping from hong kong used to take less than a week. Now it takes over a month and they ship it from the netherlands. Makes no f***ing sense. I keep drilling them on why but they deny that it comes from holland. Yet the package says it came from holland. Wtf?! I never had such bizarre problems with ebay sellers before.
[10/9, 4:15 AM] Winston Wu: You should have let me leave on august 28. The hospital tests were a big mistake and accomplished nothing. You should have left it alone and not interfered with the flow of things.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: How I spent over 6 months in SE Asia, made $25,000+ w eB

Post by Winston »

I sent this email to Ebay customer service. Any of you have any idea what's going on?
Dear Ebay,
I have a problem with the last two sellers from Hong Kong. They are taking 4 or 5 weeks to ship from Hong Kong to Taiwan, which is a short distance and should not take that long. Then I find the real reason, they are shipping from another country. One HK seller shipped from Netherlands and denies it but that's what it says on the package. Now another is shipping from Israel. Is there a strange conspiracy among Ebay HK sellers? Why are they all shipping from other countries when the item page says that "the item is in Hong Kong"? That is DECEPTIVE and misleading. The Ebay order page says that the item is located in Hong Kong. So why is it coming from other countries and taking over a month? Several Ebay sellers are doing this from HK. How do I report them? One even canceled my order and refunded my money. Aren't they obligated to send it? I could not leave negative feedback after they refunded the purchase. Can you please comment?

Thanks,
Winston
To an Ebay seller:
I haven't received it yet. Moreover, your tracking number doesn't work. The site said service error and that it was a package from Israel Post. I don't understand something. You are listed in Hong Kong. HK to Taiwan does NOT take 4 or 5 weeks. Other HK sellers on Ebay are pulling the same shit. Why? Can you give me an honest explanation? I've asked other sellers and they deny and refuse to be honest. The last HK seller sent his item to me from Netherlands and denied it, he claimed that Netherlands was a postal service only, bullshit! The package says it's from the Netherlands. So why are all the HK sellers LYING? What's going on? Can you give me honest answers without me asking many times?

Can you check the tracking number for me?

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Winston, lots of people do it, it's not unusual. The seller may be in Hong Kong, but the item could come from anywhere. It depends where they order it from. If you ordered an item it will arrive eventually. Most sellers are dropshippers. You order the item, then they order it (with your details) and it gets sent to you from wherever it comes from. It's like asking someone to buy something for you from a shop. You give them the money, they buy the thing, they keep the change. Sending strongly worded emails and arguing with people isn't going to help.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Johnny1975 wrote:Winston, lots of people do it, it's not unusual. The seller may be in Hong Kong, but the item could come from anywhere. It depends where they order it from. If you ordered an item it will arrive eventually. Most sellers are dropshippers. You order the item, then they order it (with your details) and it gets sent to you from wherever it comes from. It's like asking someone to buy something for you from a shop. You give them the money, they buy the thing, they keep the change. Sending strongly worded emails and arguing with people isn't going to help.
I've used Ebay for years. This is the first time I've seen them do that. Why are they LYING about it? Why not be honest about it? Lying is against Ebay policy. So I'm reporting this to them.

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Winston wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:Winston, lots of people do it, it's not unusual. The seller may be in Hong Kong, but the item could come from anywhere. It depends where they order it from. If you ordered an item it will arrive eventually. Most sellers are dropshippers. You order the item, then they order it (with your details) and it gets sent to you from wherever it comes from. It's like asking someone to buy something for you from a shop. You give them the money, they buy the thing, they keep the change. Sending strongly worded emails and arguing with people isn't going to help.
I've used Ebay for years. This is the first time I've seen them do that. Why are they LYING about it? Why not be honest about it? Lying is against Ebay policy. So I'm reporting this to them.
Honesty isn't always good. Sometimes it's best not to peek behind the curtain. Just enjoy your item when it comes. You're not going to change anyone's way of doing things. You may as well put your energy into something more productive.

Look at it this way. No one is deliberately making your items arrive later than necessary. They'll come when they come. And as long as you're paying what you think is a reasonable price, it doesn't matter where it comes from or how long it takes (within reason). And if the seller doesn't want to tell you the truth about where it's from, what difference does it make?

Some people don't even have the choice to use ebay. Some don't even have food to eat every day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU[/youtube]
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But i dont get why shipping takes 5 or 6 weeks now. In the US when i send a package from US to Asia by economy shipping, it usually arrives in a week and a half. So if the US postal service takes a week and a half to ship a package around the world via economy shipping, why would any shipping company take 5 or 6 weeks? Whats the logical reason?

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

You could say the drop shipper provides some value by looking for the item, so that the end purchaser doesn't have to spend time doing it.
Now if they promise some fast shipping but it takes several weeks that would be dishonest.

It's like ethan's business, he provides value by purchasing from 1688 for those of us that can't. By the way, i found another site with an interface that works better for me, sorry ethan, might want to try to base your on this. I'm sure there's tons of code behind it though:

http://freeshoppingchina.com/

*not trying to spam here
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yes the shipping dates are deceptive. On the item order page on ebay it lists the approximate arrive dates between so and so dates. It gives a date range of when it will arrive and its usually between 1 and 2 weeks. So 5 or 6 weeks is way off the date range specified on ebay.

Plus in the past when i ordered stuff from hong kong, it look less than a week. Why has it changed so much?

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Well you could just say they work in 'Mysterious Ways' :lol: :lol: Sorry i couldn't help it
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Winston wrote:But i dont get why shipping takes 5 or 6 weeks now. In the US when i send a package from US to Asia by economy shipping, it usually arrives in a week and a half. So if the US postal service takes a week and a half to ship a package around the world via economy shipping, why would any shipping company take 5 or 6 weeks? Whats the logical reason?
I don't know. Maybe you might want to look into the reason, if it will satisfy your curiosity. But like I say writing emails isn't going to make any difference. I doubt anyone is trying to annoy you deliberately.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Warning: HK Ebay sellers LYING re: location and shipping

Post by Winston »

Ebay customer service already contacted me and are looking into it. Who likes waiting 5 or 6 weeks for something to arrive? If you are in the US you are lucky. US Ebay sellers ship things fast. But the ones in China or HK are shady and refuse to answer any questions.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a letter i received from ebay customer service.
Hello Winston,

A pleasant day to you!

I hope you’re doing well today while reading this email.

Thank you for contacting us back and for providing us the sellers’ User ID’s. I appreciate your effort in reporting this to us. Do not worry, my name us Jessa and rest assured that this will be taken action.

Winston, I fully understand your disappointments and concern about these sellers because they’ve indicated a wrong item location on their listing. Please understand that we do not allow this to happen to our buyers that is why we are open in receiving reports and bad experiences from our buyers.

I can tell you that it's our top priority to ensure eBay remains a safe and reputable place and we take reports of members breaking our rules very seriously. Let me assure you we will investigate and take appropriate action to this case. As you know, it's important to protect member privacy, so we can't share details of any action we've taken on this member's account I hope you’ll understand.

The actions we take can include removing a listing, sending the member a warning, limiting buying and selling privileges, or even suspending the account. In some cases this means that the member may be allowed to continue to use eBay, but on a limited and closely-monitored basis.

Before we take action, we consider the circumstances of a report and the member's Feedback, as well as any previous warnings or offenses. To be fair to all members, we won't take action unless a complaint can be proven with certainty.

Winston, I would like to personally commend you for your initiative in getting this resolved despite the fact that you are experiencing this kind of issue. I admire your patience and professionalism in handling this issue. Please know that you, being a valued eBay member, are always our main priority. We have enjoyed doing business with you, and look forward to our continued partnership.

Also, I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you today. Please let us know if you need additional help at any time as we're here for you. Thank you very much for your time and trust in eBay as well as for your loyalty.

Take care always Winston, and I also wish you and your family the best of health.

Thank you for choosing eBay. We value your business. May you have a happy and wonderful week there in your beautiful country Taiwan!

Sincerely,

Jessa P.

eBay Customer Service

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I seem to recall ordering a used grad school textbook from a vendor reasonably near where I lived, only for it to actually be shipped from the UK. I'd have chosen another vendor if I had known it was going to come from across the world, since I wanted it fast.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:I seem to recall ordering a used grad school textbook from a vendor reasonably near where I lived, only for it to actually be shipped from the UK. I'd have chosen another vendor if I had known it was going to come from across the world, since I wanted it fast.
How long did it take to arrive? Sending packages around the world from the US usually takes 1 or 2 weeks via economy shipping or standard shipping. I don't see why Hong Kong sellers are taking 4 to 7 weeks. Hong Kong is not a third world country. Things move fast in Hong Kong. So WTF?! Any logical explanation?

Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

If you want a local item and are in a hurry just go to a local shop and purchase it. It may cost you a little more but it's worth it because you don't have to go through the hassle and stress of waiting for an item. Plus most places returns are easy if there is a problem.

Cell phone cases and shit like that I order from eBay. Other important stuff I purchase locally.