Ebay SCAM seller 'watercestbon' - Item never arrived

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Ebay SCAM seller 'watercestbon' - Item never arrived

Post by droid »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-HD-1080P- ... SwPc9WzrTY

Seller: watercestbon

I'd never been scammed on ebay, now this was similar to the problem Winston had the other the day.
The guy gave me a fake tracking number, and then gave me the runaround when the item didn't arrive. Then the 30 days for Ebay's money back went by. Crap.

I've bought probably 300 items off of Ebay over 12 years and it's the first time this happens. And as all scams, it's gauged so the amount makes it not worth it to pursue it much.

Lesson here, always look at the feedback, and avoid the seller if it is under 99% positive. Also I guess avoiding the 'free shipping' if the item is over 10 bucks.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Ebay SCAM seller: 'watercestbon' Item never arrived

Post by Winston »

A 98 percent feedback rating is not bad either. What I've noticed is that these scammers who use drop shipping and take forever to ship are usually from hong kong or china. When the seller is from Europe this doesnt happen and they ship on time. So try to avoid hong kong sellers if you can.

Btw did you find out the sellers name? It should be in your PayPal transaction record. Or you can google his email to find it. If you can find his full name or chinese name, you should copy and paste it here. This forum can post chinese characters too if you paste them, as you can see in my report.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Is it possible that the item was sent but was lost or stolen? It does happen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beHUMqxeya4[/youtube]

So why then should the seller have to take responsibility for the theft? Is the seller supposed to send you another item only to have it stolen again?

It seems to me that the buyer should choose a shipping method where the item is trackable and covered in case of damage or theft. Free is not always best.

Also, is it fair to call the seller a scammer? If they have a 98% positive rating, does that mean that they are only scamming 2% of the time? If they are truly a scammer why wouldn't they scam 100% of the time?

It seems to me the 2% negative rating might account for lost items, damaged items, customer dissatisfaction with the product, etc. and not an intention to scam.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:A 98 percent feedback rating is not bad either. What I've noticed is that these scammers who use drop shipping and take forever to ship are usually from hong kong or china. When the seller is from Europe this doesnt happen and they ship on time. So try to avoid hong kong sellers if you can.

Btw did you find out the sellers name? It should be in your PayPal transaction record. Or you can google his email to find it. If you can find his full name or chinese name, you should copy and paste it here. This forum can post chinese characters too if you paste them, as you can see in my report.
Yeah it's from Hong Kong but I never had a problem with buying from HK before. I'll check his name Winston, thanks.
TruthSeeker wrote:Is it possible that the item was sent but was lost or stolen? It does happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beHUMqxeya4

So why then should the seller have to take responsibility for the theft? Is the seller supposed to send you another item only to have it stolen again?
It seems to me that the buyer should choose a shipping method where the item is trackable and covered in case of damage or theft. Free is not always best.

It seems to me the 2% negative rating might account for lost items, damaged items, customer dissatisfaction with the product, etc. and not an intention to scam.
Like I've said I've ordered from HK before with no issues. Also I'm in Vietnam, and deliveries here are not left at the door like in America, you have to sign off the package from the mail guy.

The guy first gave me a fake tracking number that pointed nowhere, then gave me the runaround when I asked, and on week three said he would mail the item again. This second time there was no tracking number, and of course that was where my mistake was, I let the 30-day thing go by.

Now he's just blaming the shipping and asking me to go to my local mail office or customs, but has offered no proof of shipping himself. But it's very unlikely the same item was stolen twice from the same shipper. BS of course, and my time is worth more than those 30 bucks.
Also, is it fair to call the seller a scammer? If they have a 98% positive rating, does that mean that they are only scamming 2% of the time? If they are truly a scammer why wouldn't they scam 100% of the time?
That's a good point but no one is going to show themselves up to be 100% scammers of course. My guess is these things go in combination, probably some people just mix it up to make their numbers at the end of the month or something. Technically speaking one transaction alone can be called a "scam". Making the guy a "scammer" lol.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Good points droid. Plus the chinese guy who scammed me gave out his cell number publicly. I called it but he didnt answer. Then i had two chinese friends call him and when he found out what it was about he said that they had the wrong number and hung up. Only a scammer would avoid talking about it on the phone and not wanting to resolve it. Avoidance is no sign of sincerity.

Also truthseeker, in taiwan our house is in a gated neighborhood with security guards that we all know. Any package that arrives is held securely by the security man on duty. So no packages get lost. Plus Taiwan is one of the least corrupt countries in the world.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Theft can happen anywhere. It can happen in the post office, one of your neighbors or even the person delivering it.

So you are saying the seller deliberately didn't ship the item and thereby tarnish his reputation? Maybe the item really did get lost/stolen and the seller is too cheap to replace it or he thinks that the buyer is scamming him and just wants to get another item for free.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In my case the seller did ship me the battery but it took a long time. Then the battery broke during the warranty period so i returned it for a replacement. He ignored me so i filed a PayPal dispute. He responded and promised to replace the battery after i shipped it back. I did so but he never sent the replacement. After that he refused to reply anymore because he knew i could not reopen the paypal dispute. What a weasel.