Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Are charities just scams that pocket most donations without accountability?

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Winston
Site Admin

Are charities just scams that pocket most donations without accountability?

Post by Winston » July 11th, 2018, 3:09 pm

This hippie named Koi Fresco makes some good points about why most or all charities are just scams with no accountability and profit most of the donations given to them. If this is true then why aren't they outlawed? Why do they exist? Aren't scams illegal in America?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster

Re: Why you shouldn't donate to charities - Why they are scams

Post by TruthSeeker » July 11th, 2018, 3:22 pm

I would say that most if not all charities are scams. 99% of the money goes to salaries of CEO's and administrative costs. 1% if that goes to the actual cause.

If you want to help someone just find an individual person or family in need and give them money or buy them what they need. Do not, repeat do not give to any charities or even churches. Most of those are scams too.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why you shouldn't donate to charities - They are scams with no accountability

Post by Winston » July 11th, 2018, 5:25 pm

I dont get why there aren't US government laws to prevent charity scams. I thought the US government was a control freak. Why havent they gotten involved?

It's stupid and wrong to guilt trip people into donating to charities and then pocketing the money yourself. That's dishonest and wrong. Don't you guys hate the way they guilt trip you? Supermarkets and stores should not allow charity scams to advertise in them. It should be illegal.

Don't you hate how most Americans assume that charities are all real and altruistic and never think critically about it? So stupid.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Are charities just scams that pocket most donations without accountability?

Post by Winston » October 27th, 2018, 3:33 am

Did you know that philanthropy foundations are scams too? They are just tax shelters for the elite.

https://bitterrealities.wordpress.com/2 ... lanthropy/
Many “philanthropic” foundations have been used in America as a tax dodge to protect family fortunes, to polish tarnished images of robber barons and worst of all, to make the public fund depopulation and other detrimental policies that benefit the controlling elite. Some tax-funded depopulation programs include vaccines, genetically modified (GM) crops and “reproductive rights” which is a euphemism for abortion, birth control and sterilization under the elites’ eugenics programs. Incredibly, the public is paying for its own demise! This brings a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘death and taxes’.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » October 27th, 2018, 3:39 am

Does this site tell you which charities are legit and which aren't?

https://www.charitynavigator.org/

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan » October 27th, 2018, 4:12 am

More or less all large charities are something like a business filling the pockets of the management. It is said that about 80 percent of all money is used for self administration, CEO's salaries, travel to expensive resort hotels to study poverty, exclusive dinner-parties for fund-raising, air tickets in business and even first-class etc. etc. Such charities are also useful for some companies and rich individuals to give donations in return of a receipt which can be used to reduce income tax etc.

Further, plenty of material is never arriving where it should be, it is stolen, missing somehow, never delivered but paid, rotten in warehouses, sold by corrupt businessmen and politicians... maybe 5 percent of all aid will arrive to 'prove' how active this charity is for the reason to access public funds.

Small charities are often a fake and total fraud, collecting money for the wallet of the owner of the charity only - claiming to help poor girls in Philippines and Thailand/Cambodia and similar countries who were sold by their drug-addict parents or other tearmaking stories - often in the name of Jesus Christ, sometimes operated by men-hating feminists claiming foreign men from developed countries are raping poor women and similar BS - their bookkeeping is more than questionable and difficult to verify. Missing receipts as money is transferred in cash and not by bank transfer, often data on request are refused to be disclosed etc. etc.

Some charities are refusing to accept donations like food or clothes - money only please. Others for the blind and deaf are sending handicapped children around to approach foreign tourists and beg for money while complaining that these children are so badly misused by locals etc.

I have never seen any charity which is honest here in Asia, not even one! Most of these charities are operated by foreigners, usually USA, accusing local governments doing nothing to justify their own existence.

What you can do about is easy. NEVER give anything to charities. NEVER.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why you shouldn't donate to charities - They are scams with no accountability

Post by Yohan » October 27th, 2018, 4:39 am

Winston wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 5:25 pm
I dont get why there aren't US government laws to prevent charity scams. I thought the US government was a control freak.
The setup of large charities is done by clever people who know about legal loopholes. Very difficult to verify what they are doing in Asia, Africa or Latin America. Sometimes the main office is not even located in USA. The super-large charities are often linked with Red Cross, UN-women rights, children rights offices, animal rights etc. They are never investigated, as they are exterritorial and international etc. To justify their spending they create strange 'investigations and research' and so on.

Just one example from UK how it works...since many years, this is a report dated 2010.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... verty.html
Who wouldn't want a trip to Mauritius, says Cherie Blair... while at summit on world poverty

They had come to New York from across the world to address the pressing issue of poverty. But as the great and the good debated a solution to global hunger, Cherie Blair allowed herself a momentary distraction.

'Who wouldn’t want a trip to Mauritius,’ the wife of the former prime minister was heard saying to the country’s foreign minister Arvin Boolell, who approached her after she gave a feisty speech on women’s rights.

Mr Boolell later confirmed he had invited Mrs Blair to the Indian Ocean idyll to open a business centre in November.

Hobnobbing: Cherie Blair delivered a rousing speach on empowering women in poverty stricken countries before tucking into a sumptuous lunch in the company of A-listers and diplomats

Mrs Blair was at a lunch connected to the summit, where guests included billionaire Richard Branson, Live Aid activist Bob Geldof, Jimmy Choo shoe boss Tamara Mellon and Hollywood actress Geena Davies.

‘I’ll text you,’ she was heard to call out to Mr Geldof, but she saved her brightest, widest smile for Mr Boolell.

A trip to Mauritius, with its aquamarine waters, powder white sand and luxury resorts, could cost in the region of £5,000 per person.

Cherie and Tony Blair have never been slow to accept cutprice holidays, freebie gifts or to mix business with pleasure.

Two years ago, Mrs Blair and her husband enjoyed a free five week trip to Malaysia.

The family have also enjoyed holidays in Cliff Richard’s villa in Barbados, at the mansion of Bee Gee Robin Gibb and the luxury Sardinian house of Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi.

Lawyer Mrs Blair, 56, has been accused of cashing in on her status to further her love of the high life. And she was certainly able to indulge her taste for luxury at the UN summit on poverty.

At the lunch where she met the Mauritius foreign minister, guests were offered a lavish menu of chicken palliard with roasted vegetables, Gruyere cheese on a bed of mixed greens, candied walnuts and crumbled soft cheese drizzled in raspberry vinaigrette.

Who wouldn't want to go to Mauritius? Cherie Blair was quick to indicate her considerable interest when Mauritius's foreign minister invited her to the island idyll. They were there to address the pressing issue of world poverty

For dessert, they devoured chocolate torte with a berry coulis. The lunch – eaten under signs saying ‘poverty and hunger’ – was washed down with 2007 Travis Chardonnay from Monterey and 2007 Joel Gott cabernet sauvignon from California.

The focus of the lunch was a discussion on how private business could lift people out of poverty.

But Mrs Blair used her three minute speech on ‘empowering women and achieving equality’ to attack male bosses in rich countries.

She told delegates: ‘The women in your organisations will give a hollow laugh if you go back and say “I believe in equality”, when on your boards there are no women or just a token woman and in your senior and middle management, women are not given the access to equal pay, equal opportunities and are not really valued.’

Summit delegates are also enjoying the glitz and glamour of New York City. The official hotel of the conference is the five-star Waldorf Astoria, near the wealthy Fifth Avenue, where rooms can cost around £400 a night.