Are most or all charities just scams that pocket donations without accountability?

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
Winston
Site Admin

Are most or all charities just scams that pocket donations without accountability?

Post by Winston »

This hippie named Koi Fresco makes some good points about why most or all charities are just scams with no accountability and profit most of the donations given to them. If this is true then why aren't they outlawed? Why do they exist? Aren't scams illegal in America?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: Why you shouldn't donate to charities - Why they are scams

Post by TruthSeeker »

I would say that most if not all charities are scams. 99% of the money goes to salaries of CEO's and administrative costs. 1% if that goes to the actual cause.

If you want to help someone just find an individual person or family in need and give them money or buy them what they need. Do not, repeat do not give to any charities or even churches. Most of those are scams too.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why you shouldn't donate to charities - They are scams with no accountability

Post by Winston »

I dont get why there aren't US government laws to prevent charity scams. I thought the US government was a control freak. Why havent they gotten involved?

It's stupid and wrong to guilt trip people into donating to charities and then pocketing the money yourself. That's dishonest and wrong. Don't you guys hate the way they guilt trip you? Supermarkets and stores should not allow charity scams to advertise in them. It should be illegal.

Don't you hate how most Americans assume that charities are all real and altruistic and never think critically about it? So stupid.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Are charities just scams that pocket most donations without accountability?

Post by Winston »

Did you know that philanthropy foundations are scams too? They are just tax shelters for the elite.

https://bitterrealities.wordpress.com/2 ... lanthropy/
Many “philanthropic” foundations have been used in America as a tax dodge to protect family fortunes, to polish tarnished images of robber barons and worst of all, to make the public fund depopulation and other detrimental policies that benefit the controlling elite. Some tax-funded depopulation programs include vaccines, genetically modified (GM) crops and “reproductive rights” which is a euphemism for abortion, birth control and sterilization under the elites’ eugenics programs. Incredibly, the public is paying for its own demise! This brings a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘death and taxes’.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Does this site tell you which charities are legit and which aren't?

https://www.charitynavigator.org/

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

More or less all large charities are something like a business filling the pockets of the management. It is said that about 80 percent of all money is used for self administration, CEO's salaries, travel to expensive resort hotels to study poverty, exclusive dinner-parties for fund-raising, air tickets in business and even first-class etc. etc. Such charities are also useful for some companies and rich individuals to give donations in return of a receipt which can be used to reduce income tax etc.

Further, plenty of material is never arriving where it should be, it is stolen, missing somehow, never delivered but paid, rotten in warehouses, sold by corrupt businessmen and politicians... maybe 5 percent of all aid will arrive to 'prove' how active this charity is for the reason to access public funds.

Small charities are often a fake and total fraud, collecting money for the wallet of the owner of the charity only - claiming to help poor girls in Philippines and Thailand/Cambodia and similar countries who were sold by their drug-addict parents or other tearmaking stories - often in the name of Jesus Christ, sometimes operated by men-hating feminists claiming foreign men from developed countries are raping poor women and similar BS - their bookkeeping is more than questionable and difficult to verify. Missing receipts as money is transferred in cash and not by bank transfer, often data on request are refused to be disclosed etc. etc.

Some charities are refusing to accept donations like food or clothes - money only please. Others for the blind and deaf are sending handicapped children around to approach foreign tourists and beg for money while complaining that these children are so badly misused by locals etc.

I have never seen any charity which is honest here in Asia, not even one! Most of these charities are operated by foreigners, usually USA, accusing local governments doing nothing to justify their own existence.

What you can do about is easy. NEVER give anything to charities. NEVER.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why you shouldn't donate to charities - They are scams with no accountability

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 9:25 am
I dont get why there aren't US government laws to prevent charity scams. I thought the US government was a control freak.
The setup of large charities is done by clever people who know about legal loopholes. Very difficult to verify what they are doing in Asia, Africa or Latin America. Sometimes the main office is not even located in USA. The super-large charities are often linked with Red Cross, UN-women rights, children rights offices, animal rights etc. They are never investigated, as they are exterritorial and international etc. To justify their spending they create strange 'investigations and research' and so on.

Just one example from UK how it works...since many years, this is a report dated 2010.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... verty.html
Who wouldn't want a trip to Mauritius, says Cherie Blair... while at summit on world poverty

They had come to New York from across the world to address the pressing issue of poverty. But as the great and the good debated a solution to global hunger, Cherie Blair allowed herself a momentary distraction.

'Who wouldn’t want a trip to Mauritius,’ the wife of the former prime minister was heard saying to the country’s foreign minister Arvin Boolell, who approached her after she gave a feisty speech on women’s rights.

Mr Boolell later confirmed he had invited Mrs Blair to the Indian Ocean idyll to open a business centre in November.

Hobnobbing: Cherie Blair delivered a rousing speach on empowering women in poverty stricken countries before tucking into a sumptuous lunch in the company of A-listers and diplomats

Mrs Blair was at a lunch connected to the summit, where guests included billionaire Richard Branson, Live Aid activist Bob Geldof, Jimmy Choo shoe boss Tamara Mellon and Hollywood actress Geena Davies.

‘I’ll text you,’ she was heard to call out to Mr Geldof, but she saved her brightest, widest smile for Mr Boolell.

A trip to Mauritius, with its aquamarine waters, powder white sand and luxury resorts, could cost in the region of £5,000 per person.

Cherie and Tony Blair have never been slow to accept cutprice holidays, freebie gifts or to mix business with pleasure.

Two years ago, Mrs Blair and her husband enjoyed a free five week trip to Malaysia.

The family have also enjoyed holidays in Cliff Richard’s villa in Barbados, at the mansion of Bee Gee Robin Gibb and the luxury Sardinian house of Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi.

Lawyer Mrs Blair, 56, has been accused of cashing in on her status to further her love of the high life. And she was certainly able to indulge her taste for luxury at the UN summit on poverty.

At the lunch where she met the Mauritius foreign minister, guests were offered a lavish menu of chicken palliard with roasted vegetables, Gruyere cheese on a bed of mixed greens, candied walnuts and crumbled soft cheese drizzled in raspberry vinaigrette.

Who wouldn't want to go to Mauritius? Cherie Blair was quick to indicate her considerable interest when Mauritius's foreign minister invited her to the island idyll. They were there to address the pressing issue of world poverty

For dessert, they devoured chocolate torte with a berry coulis. The lunch – eaten under signs saying ‘poverty and hunger’ – was washed down with 2007 Travis Chardonnay from Monterey and 2007 Joel Gott cabernet sauvignon from California.

The focus of the lunch was a discussion on how private business could lift people out of poverty.

But Mrs Blair used her three minute speech on ‘empowering women and achieving equality’ to attack male bosses in rich countries.

She told delegates: ‘The women in your organisations will give a hollow laugh if you go back and say “I believe in equality”, when on your boards there are no women or just a token woman and in your senior and middle management, women are not given the access to equal pay, equal opportunities and are not really valued.’

Summit delegates are also enjoying the glitz and glamour of New York City. The official hotel of the conference is the five-star Waldorf Astoria, near the wealthy Fifth Avenue, where rooms can cost around £400 a night.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If anyone with extra money is looking for a good charity to donate to, this organization called Prison Fellowship looks like a good one. They seem to genuinely reform prisoners and change their lives for the better and bring them hope, meaning, transformation, and close to God too. Check them out below. They seem very legit and good. Your donation would probably be tax deductible too. See the links below for more info about them. In addition to changing lives in prison, this organization also reforms them so that when they come out, they become good people with God in their hearts, rather than turn back to crime, which helps keeps America safe too. That's a definite benefit as well. I'll probably be donating to them.

https://www.prisonfellowship.org/donate/

https://www.prisonfellowship.org/about/

https://www.prisonfellowship.org/why-help-prisoners/

Another prison ministry organization you can donate to:

http://www.prisonministry.org

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I never give anything to charities of any kind - their bookkeeping is not transparent, you never know what they do with your money.
In general most money never arrives where it is needed. 80 percent are gone missing in most charities for self administration.
There are also charities which are nothing but a fake and fraud, similar to GoFundMe misuse... to create some tearmaking stories out of sick fantasy and stupid people give them money.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Are most or all charities just scams that pocket donations without accountability?

Post by Winston »

Have any of u gotten those packets in the mail of address labels with your name on it, with some sob story asking for donations? Then when u send even 10 dollars, like i did once, they put you on a mailing list where u receive even more requests for donations from them and others. Geez. When does it ever stop? Just for being nice u get hounded for even more money. You get a thank u letter and then another one asking "why not give even more? Your donation makes a difference."

One time in 2016 i sent a donation to the Donald Trump campaign and the same thing happened. I got flooded with emails asking for more donations to them. How much do they expect me to give? When does it end? Why can't i make a one time donation without being hounded for more?

If even the Donald Trump campaign does that then who isn't a greedy bastard these days? Also isn't giving money to the Trump campaign like giving ice to Eskimos? Why would a super wealthy man like Trump be asking for donations and then hounding u for more if u send one?

Especially since politics doesn't even matter and doesn't change anything? Politics contain the same BS that Roman politicians were spinning 2000 years ago. It never changes. All they do at best is throw breadcrumbs. Nothing in the system gets fundamentally changed or fixed. Its that way for a reason. Politics is nothing but lies and illusion, recycled over and over again. Why don't the masses ever learn and see the obvious? It's all a show and psyop.

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are most or all charities just scams that pocket donations without accountability?

Post by Tsar »

Winston wrote:
December 9th, 2021, 9:54 pm
Why would a super wealthy man like Trump be asking for donations and then hounding u for more if u send one?
Because one of the best things about business advice is don't use your own money if you can use someone else's money.
Winston wrote:
December 9th, 2021, 9:54 pm
Especially since politics doesn't even matter and doesn't change anything? Politics contain the same BS that Roman politicians were spinning 2000 years ago. It never changes. All they do at best is throw breadcrumbs. Nothing in the system gets fundamentally changed or fixed. Its that way for a reason. Politics is nothing but lies and illusion, recycled over and over again. Why don't the masses ever learn and see the obvious? It's all a show and psyop.
There are politicians and there are leaders. Most people in politics, especially Republics and the "Democracies" which are still Republics (Democratic or Federal), are never leaders. Politicians are almost always puppets for the Elites but they might get the chance to do a few "pet projects" in their term or lifetime which don't really do anything.

The masses are too poor, too brainwashed, and most people are not capable of critical independent thought.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 7:09 am
This hippie named Koi Fresco makes some good points about why most or all charities are just scams with no accountability and profit most of the donations given to them. If this is true then why aren't they outlawed? Why do they exist? Aren't scams illegal in America?

I listened to a presentation and got to know some people involved in an organization that helped wealthy individuals by researching projects they wanted to donate to. For them, the metric that they were looking at was not what percentage of money donated went to overhead, but rather impact. If there were one charity/project that would drill wells where only 5% went to overhead (salaries, advertising, etc.) but they were able to impact 5,000 people's lives for the better by drilling a well in a poor village, verses a charity/project that had 10% going to overhead but had the same type of impact on 10,000 people's lives, the latter might be preferable to the donor. I don't have a problem with charities having expenses, salaried employees, necessarily, depending on what type of charity it is.

Some Christian charities can have rather low overheads. Speed the Light from the Assemblies of God had an overhead in a few percentage points. I wonder if their staff were funded by another stream within the organization or if they just had a few people passing along a small amount of donations. But you get a lot of volunteer labor with some of the churches that run soup kitchens or missions efforts, or missionaries who live off of donations from sponsors and not the money you give to the charity, so a lot of it can go to food or whatever else.

I don't usually always give to the charities on the credit card machine. I do think there are 'evil charities' out there, trying to promote sexual perversion and killing babies in the womb. Usually, these aren't the ones on the check out machine, but I like to choose where I give. I also did not like it when I was poor and they have the cashier ask, "would you like to give to...." and I'd say yes, but I cannot afford to.

There was a black woman in a Walmart vest at a Walmart in the south I went to once. She asked me if I wanted to give to Chirun Hospital. I asked what that was. Now, I'd heard 'chilren' for children, but she was saying 'chirun', and I'd never heard that before. I don't mind giving to something like that. I don't give to animal charities with all the human problems we have.

If you want to help homeless people and know what you give goes there and you live near a reasonably sized city, at least in the US, there are usually places where they tend to hang out. It might be near the homeless shelter and soup kitchen. These places seem to cluster together in a city so the homeless people can walk back and forth. Some cities may not have enough food in these places and smaller towns may have quite a bit. Let's say there is a parking lot there where they hang out, or a place under a bridge. You can drive down there and give them food. If you go on Christmas day, other poor people may show up hoping there are folks giving out presents for their children--clothes and toys.

There are also foundations that rich people can use for tax deduction, like if a rich person buys art that appreciates, then deducts it to his own art foundation for a deduction. Maybe he keeps it on his own wall after he donates it.

Sometimes the rich people run foundations because they get rich in business and then the company opens a charity, rather than the charity directly making them money.

Charities can also support business endeavors.

There was a wealthy banking and real estate family in Indonesia whose company donated to a nonprofit educational foundation. I met and spoke with some members of the family and the former chair of the board over my years in Indonesia and when the former chair came to the US. They opened a new real estate complex and eventually a mall, developing basically a city out of a little farm village area. The government had outlaw rich Indonesians sending kids to private schools, so they created high end local schools that hired English-speaking foreign teachers and local English-speaking teachers to send children to. They had two different levels of schools for different price points with a plan to open one for the very poor. They had a hospital, too. So they could channel money into the educational foundation, but the school there in the city supported their real estate project, giving parents a reason to live there and drive in to Jakarta. The kids had a high-end school to go to. The opened a couple of other city projects outside of town with branches of the school. I think they only have one university in the original town, though.

As far as I know, though, these schools did not ask for donations from the public, just tuition. But the company used them as a place to put charitable contributions.