Freelance/Work-at-Home Jobs (Online)

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Freelance/Work-at-Home Jobs (Online)

Post by Fenix »

Hello gentlemen! I will reiterate this and say I am a freelance writer and I have been doing this online for almost 3 years now. I get to work at home, make my own schedule, work when I want to, and I work at home (had to say this twice!). This is part one of freelance jobs. I will do it in parts. I will give you guys the links to all writing websites online that pay. Ignore the revenue share sites because you have to generate page views and you make pennies and peanuts, so it is not really worth it. Many of these jobs pay like $10 an article right, but if you can write 10-15 articles, 5 days a week, you can make good income. I make about $3,000 a month (when everything is rolling with the work). Things are slow right now. Anyway, I will post freelance writing, paid surveys, transcription jobs, and other work for you guys! First, freelance sites. Here is the link to the freelance writing:

If you have any questions about freelance writing, feel free to ask me here or PM me. I only know about freelance writing and not the other areas though. Oh yeah, I will also post freelance writing markets too. Freelance writing is filled with so many options. Bianca, the Australian girl that saved my life, is the reason why I am freelancing. She is the one that told me about this. I would be working at McDonald's or some other pennies and peanuts job somewhere in Arizona. Saved my life meaning I didn't know what to do as far as jobs were concerned. I had no hope. I was stuck with temp or telemarketing jobs and I hate those jobs. I haven't looked back! I will never work an hourly wage ever again (knock on burnt wood).

Enough of me being a babbling Brooke...Here's the first link. I will add the others tomorrow when I organize my bookmarks. Oh, you're welcome! :P

P.S. You can work anywhere in the world, as long as you have a PayPal!

Freelance Writing List I:

https://sites.google.com/site/newentrep ... me-tracker
Last edited by Fenix on August 23rd, 2011, 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks. But where is the link you said you were going to post after this line?

Code: Select all

Here is the link to the freelance writing: 
$3000 a month? Wow that's really good. How do you do that? By writing 10 - 15 articles per day? Isn't it hard to write that many each day? How long is each article? Don't you have to do research first before writing them?

If you're making that much, why don't you go live overseas now?

Ok I will sticky this thread, so that others can refer to it easier in the future for questions about working online from home.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are some ideas I posted for making money online that covers a variety of ways.

viewtopic.php?t=10836
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Winston wrote:Thanks. But where is the link you said you were going to post after this line?

Code: Select all

Here is the link to the freelance writing: 
$3000 a month? Wow that's really good. How do you do that? By writing 10 - 15 articles per day? Isn't it hard to write that many each day? How long is each article? Don't you have to do research first before writing them?

If you're making that much, why don't you go live overseas now?

Ok I will sticky this thread, so that others can refer to it easier in the future for questions about working online from home.
I only write 10 articles, 5 days a week for the company I am with now. I have a method I created to allow me to write each article in 10 minutes. Even without the method, I am done in 4 hours flat. I have a 2 hour work day, basically (excluding looking for articles to write).

I am saving as much money as possible and I am not sure where to go. I am in love with Denmark, but I also want to go to a few countries in South America. It is a hard decision. I keep changing my take off date, but I show be overseas by March 2012. That's still the date I have had since last summer. Looks like I will make it (hopefully).

Thanks for the sticky!
Indian
Freshman Poster

Post by Indian »

I've had a hard time making 5 articles a day when I was working as a content writer. Maybe because I don't have enough time on that since I was studying. Maybe now I could do more than that considering that I can spare more time in writing articles. I do online jobs like article writing, being a virtual assistant, etc. and I'm loving it. I've worked in odesk and elance since they are two of the best outsourcing sites that are legitimate.
oDesk Reviews - For info about how oDesk works base on experience.
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

Can anyone provide tips on how to receive a job freelancing and for other online jobs?
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Iawesome60 wrote:Can anyone provide tips on how to receive a job freelancing and for other online jobs?
Do you have qualifications? Just apply at the sites that offer them.

http://myseoblog.net/2008/04/07/lists-o ... nce-sites/

http://www.freelancer.com

https://www.demandstudios.com

Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

The link for all of the writing jobs is the last link in my post in the OP. Now, I don't recommend bidding sites like elance, Odesk, etc. because you have to bid for a job like it's an auction and the writer that gets the job is going to get the job for the lowest amount of money. Some of those places, you need to pay a membership or if you get a free membership, you can only apply for a certain amount of jobs.

I will post jobs for transcription, data entry, and other jobs tomorrow.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Can you post how you do your taxes and how to best handle that? I remember you mentioned it previously very briefly but you did not elaborate on it.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

This is how I do my self-employment tax. This is the IRS link:

https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/

I pay it monthly like a bill, so I won't be behind.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Yeah, but does it explain the process as an individual how you're supposed to file your taxes or is there some other info somewhere that explains the process? How do you know how much to give the government each month? So you don't need to file a yearly tax return or do you still have to do that as well?

Can you post any links to some of the articles you've written? That would be helpful to take a look at regarding what writing style is popular with these companies nowadays and I can get a sense of how complicated or easy the process would be for me.

I have decent writing skills, but I've been in the graduate university system and I may have to change my writing style a bit to be able to be successful writing for these companies. I doubt they are interested in regurgitated, research type writing that university professors want you to typically write, unless you happen to have one that isn't brainwashed and let's you write freely, that's very rare.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

Any opinion on this, I got this off the International Living web-site
http://www.thetravelwriterslife.com/
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Guys, sorry for the delay in posting online jobs. I am compiling all of the jobs I can think of. I saved all of the legitimate work at home jobs as bookmarks, so I will post all of the jobs by this weekend.
janemc
Freshman Poster

Post by janemc »

Is this offer still on?

I've been working as a freelancer also for years now. Is this just a single project or will this go on long term? It's interesting because your pay is good too. Based on experience, it's not also easy hiring people online and making them work for you. You need to have at least some form of monitoring for you to be assured that your people are working well for you.

Great to have this thread though. I will bookmark this and I might get some great offers ahead if this will still continue.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a site I found where you can submit articles and then put your own Adsense ads on them which will pay you 75 percent of the earnings. It is on a high ranking site with high SEO which gives your articles more visibility.

http://www.infobarrel.com

Another site that does something similar but has been around longer.

http://www.hubpages.com

On this one, you can connect with advertisers who will pay you to blog about their product or service on your blog.

http://www.payperpost.com